Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Obama to make stop in Ozarks Wednesday  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
Obama to make stop in Ozarks Wednesday
« on: July 28, 2008, 04:23:27 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/25970149.html

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is returning to the Show-Me State this week to spend time in rural areas.

It'll be a daylong visit on Wednesday which will include Springfield, Rolla and several other smaller cities and towns that are still being finalized.

Sen. Claire McCaskill will join Obama for the trip.

KY3 News will have more on the visit when details become available.
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Obama to make stop in Ozarks Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
Oh Joy!!

retired1_us

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
Springfield and Rolla....hmmmm, so does that mean Ft Wood gets a drive by?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 01:01:28 PM »
Maybe we should start lining up now.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

retired1_us

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
Maybe we should start lining up now.

For the handshake we won't get?  I don't know the truth to it, but there is an email circulating supposedly from a battle CPT in Afghanistan.  I guess the Obamessiah isn't into the troops after all.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »
he will probabally take 60 to Houston and then up 63 to rolla as to avoid the military as much as possible

Springfield and Rolla....hmmmm, so does that mean Ft Wood gets a drive by?

retired1_us

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
he will probabally take 60 to Houston and then up 63 to rolla as to avoid the military as much as possible

LOL Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I'm sure there is a public gym along the way to shoot a few hoops too.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 07:33:16 PM »
For the handshake we won't get?  I don't know the truth to it, but there is an email circulating supposedly from a battle CPT in Afghanistan.  I guess the Obamessiah isn't into the troops after all.

Just because someone takes the time to write something, doesn't make it true. That CPT has since recanted and apologized for making a false statement.
Didn't Obama visit with injured troops in Iraq?
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »
quick, lets get all those sick and wounded Soldiers packed into a little room in case he decides they are worth his time this go round... >:(

He knows he will not win the majority when it comes to Soldiers so he doesn't even bother to try, unless it's for a bit of camera time that will score him points with the groups he's targeting.  This dude is such a phony.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
It'll be a daylong visit on Wednesday which will include Springfield, Rolla and several other smaller cities and towns that are still being finalized.

They didn't mention Fort Wood or Whiteman...guess he's up for the college kids.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

retired1_us

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »
Just because someone takes the time to write something, doesn't make it true. That CPT has since recanted and apologized for making a false statement.
Didn't Obama visit with injured troops in Iraq?

As I said, I didn't know the truth to it.  On that note however, the CPT may have been coerced into recanting and apologizing.  If I remember correctly there were / are very implicit rules governing soldiers and political activism.  He may well have been given a chance to make up or face the consequences.

It is difficult to determine what is true in written form anymore.  It's the price we pay for the luxury of information at the speed of our fingertips.

Regardless, this guy (Obama) is an empty suit.  He hasn't received the official nomination from his party yet for presidency here, but he is parading around the world like he is the emperor of all.  His speeches contain nothing of substance.  I get the we have problems and need changes, but haven't read or heard just how he plans to accomplish anything.  JMHO

retired1_us

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »

They didn't mention Fort Wood or Whiteman...guess he's up for the college kids.

Good call - college kids - his rally cry of change and hope is perfect for that audience.  Half of them aren't even paying for their existence yet (i.e. mom and dad still footing the bill).  Scary.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
With less than one hundred days of actually functioning as a Senator, I am not sure what he believes qualifies him to hold the most important office in the free world.  At least it is free at the moment.  He is Pro Un and the UN is UN-American.  He is a talking head who cannot seem to say much at all even when he has a prepared speech.  He makes even less sense when he doesn't have one.  As I have said before, I will quietly hold my nose and vote for McCain.  The lesser of two evils.  One is definitely more evil than the other when it comes to trying to keep this country soverign and together.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 11:35:58 PM »
Obama to hold town hall meeting at Missouri S&T
07/28/2008 17:57 - Missouri S&T Public Relations
U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, will hold a town hall meeting at 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, on the campus of Missouri University of Science and Technology.

The event will be held in the Student Recreation Center addition to the Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building on 10th Street west of U.S. Highway 63. Entrance to the event will be on the west side of the Student Recreation Center. Doors open at 1 p.m.

Admission is free, but tickets are required. Tickets will be available from 4-9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 29, at Phelps County Democratic Campaign Headquarters at 905 Pine St. in Rolla. For more information, call 573-426-4258.
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

retired1_us

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »
Going

Well, still working on it......

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »
As I said, I didn't know the truth to it.  On that note however, the CPT may have been coerced into recanting and apologizing.  If I remember correctly there were / are very implicit rules governing soldiers and political activism.  He may well have been given a chance to make up or face the consequences.

It is difficult to determine what is true in written form anymore.  It's the price we pay for the luxury of information at the speed of our fingertips.

Regardless, this guy (Obama) is an empty suit.  He hasn't received the official nomination from his party yet for presidency here, but he is parading around the world like he is the emperor of all.  His speeches contain nothing of substance.  I get the we have problems and need changes, but haven't read or heard just how he plans to accomplish anything.  JMHO

I don't know if this is true or not, but from an email that's been circulating by some cpt., each night, at the strike of midnight under a full moon, Bush drains the blood from 666 live chickens, smears the blood onto the corpses of 666 dead Iraqi's and chants as he recites the Black Mass in order to bring about the rule of Satan on earth.

"As I said, I didn't know the truth to it.  On that note however, the CPT may have been coerced into recanting and apologizing.  If I remember correctly there were / are very implicit rules governing soldiers and political activism.  He may well have been given a chance to make up or face the consequences."
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 01:26:43 AM »
Retired, Hope you get to ask questions?  Please let us know how it goes.

retired1_us

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 01:32:23 AM »
I don't know if this is true or not, but from an email that's been circulating by some cpt., each night, at the strike of midnight under a full moon, Bush drains the blood from 666 live chickens, smears the blood onto the corpses of 666 dead Iraqi's and chants as he recites the Black Mass in order to bring about the rule of Satan on earth.

"As I said, I didn't know the truth to it.  On that note however, the CPT may have been coerced into recanting and apologizing.  If I remember correctly there were / are very implicit rules governing soldiers and political activism.  He may well have been given a chance to make up or face the consequences."

I really didn't get that.  Clue me in - ok?  I get the sarcasm - chicken little the sky is falling poke but I fail to see the reason fot it.  I agreed ut may not have been true,, but also pointed out there are a number of ways it could have gone.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »
"Good call - college kids - his rally cry of change and hope is perfect for that audience.  Half of them aren't even paying for their existence yet (i.e. mom and dad still footing the bill).  Scary."

He won't even get the college kids, or at least not many.  Only summer school students on campus now and their finals start the next day. 

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
If any show up thats too many.   This guy should never be running anyway.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 04:00:57 PM »
Maybe he'll just go hang out at WalMart and eat a pizza at Imo's.  What else is there to do in Rolla?

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »
Slice of pie  :)

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
Hey now, don't be bashing Rolla.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »
Well?  What is he going to do there?

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »
Obama at PCW :  :obama:
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »
Yep - they will make a smiley out of anything and anyone
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
After Rolla he goes to Union for a Bar-B-Q

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 07:29:27 PM »
How do candidates decide where to go?  Using a Map or do all the local rep/dem clubs send in letters and say "Hey -- come here come here come here!"   ??

retired1_us

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »
Well?  What is he going to do there?

It is supposed to be a "town hall" meeting - basically bs to try to grab an extra vote or two.  Apparently they are either booked or just plain don't care (dem hq Rolla).  I left messages yesterday enquiring about tickets and no reply.  You would think someone would have called back at least to say thank you , but we're sorry.....

One more reason my personal belief on the guy and his followers is founded.  Too wrapped up in themselves.

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
When I left work, they were lined up around the block to get the tickets.  Obamaniacs everywhere!  They started handing  out tickets at 4 and will go until 9 or until they run out.  You could try driving up there and getting in line but there was a ton of people already. BTW, that building is big but I don't think it has air conditioning!