Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Obama in Rolla!  (Read 10307 times)

Offline ratatattat

• View Profile
Obama in Rolla!
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:06 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
Re: Obama in Rolla!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:22 AM »
I didnt get to go, but he was in Springfield, Lebanon, and Rolla.  Seems odd that he didnt make a stop at FLW or St Bob..?.?...  It doesn't matter to me because I had  my mind made up to vote conservative anyway,  But consider that bot Lebanon and Rolla have very liberal tendencies, manufacturing and collegiate schools(often tend to be very liberal-hug the trees and crap).  It just seems odd to me...
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline jlh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:14:10 AM »
Doesn't seem odd to me. That man is very methodical. He knows exactly want audiences to target. And since he's very much against the war, it doesn't surprise me that he wouldn't set foot near Fort Leonard Wood.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »
Just another reason NOT to vote for Obama.  You're telling me that he drove right down I44 and didn't have the time to stop at FLW and THANK the Soldiers and Servicemembers that are protecting his right to campaign?  FV(# HIM!!  &^&**(
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

retired1_us

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
I tried, but didn't make it.  And honestly, I'm glad I didn't waste my time.  I saw the clips on KY3's website and thats all I needed.  It confirmed in me what I had wondered all along.  Each ovation he received was preceeded by "I feel your pain" and "I am going to heal it by doing this".  One problem, many of the solutions had no substance.

One in particular caught my attention - he was talking about the wasted money in Iraq and how nice it would be to spend some of it here at home, etc.....on bridges, interstates, sewage systems, etc, etc.  Sounds good to hear it, but there is a problem with that - we already have vehicles in place to take care of those issues.  And they aren't the Federal Government.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
I agree what kind of commander in chief would he be since he doesnt even bother to stop in and thank the soldiers. against the war or not you should always support the troops who volunteer to serve for you. Since he is always all about a photo op that would have been a good one
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline jlh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »
I agree.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
Not that I am for Obama, but McCain has been to Missouri twice, and I don't remember him visiting here either.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 03:42:26 PM »
Or anywhere close to here, but i'm not an Obama fan either.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »
did McCain travel through on I 44 though?

and his "I'm related to wild bill..." crap...Just because we live in rural Missouri doesn't automatically make us ignorant.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:04:51 PM »
True, but it helps..

did McCain travel through on I 44 though?

and his "I'm related to wild bill..." crap...Just because we live in rural Missouri doesn't automatically make us ignorant.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »
No, he traveled I 70 right passed Whiteman AFB
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 12:11:26 AM »
Whiteman is in Knob Noster on 50 Hiway about 25 miles from I-70 where it passes Sedalia.  He then would have had to turn back about 20 miles to hit the base.  Hiway 135 out of Knob to Centralia is not very good road.

Anyway....  Obama still sucks..

$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 02:47:11 AM »

Anyway....  Obama still sucks..

$Bill
No dispute there
Freedom Of Road Riders,

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »
voices of reason.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline rangeman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »
Not that I am for Obama, but McCain has been to Missouri twice, and I don't remember him visiting here either.

You say you are not an Obama supporter, my guess is you lean that way, just my opinion however. But anyway, I bet McCain has been to NC, VA, KY and many other states with a military bases. My question is how many bases has he been within a couple miles of the front gate like Obama, that is the jest of what I preceive the people are trying to articulate.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
Well, seeing you have only 2 posts here, I would say you are either new here, and have never seen how I view things, because if you had you would know how I lean, and it is not towards Obama.
OK Mccain was in the Navy, he flew a plane, close enought to the airforce for me. All I was looking at was everyone including McCains ads were busting him out for not visiting a Military Installation, and I have not seen where McCain has been to any either.
OK, if Whiteman is too far away, what about Leavenworth, there is a major military installation in KC (no its not just a prison, it is also the HQ for TRADOC)
or while he was in St Louis, there is a Airforce section there, and not far up the road is Scott Airforce base, or hey, what about the USO right there in St Louis, and visit with the troops deploying?
All I am saying is, I think McCain should get off the "Support the soldiers" thing unless he is willing to make the same commitment.
Now, do I want Obama as president, hell no. Noit crazy about Mccain either, but unfortunately we have to vote for the less evil here and not the best candidate.
Quite honestly, a perfect selection for the presidency would have been Colin Powell for Presidnet and Condela Rice as VP. No BS, no hidden agenda and no connection to any outside influence.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline rangeman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
Well unless I am mista
Well, seeing you have only 2 posts here, I would say you are either new here, and have never seen how I view things, because if you had you would know how I lean, and it is not towards Obama.
OK Mccain was in the Navy, he flew a plane, close enought to the airforce for me. All I was looking at was everyone including McCains ads were busting him out for not visiting a Military Installation, and I have not seen where McCain has been to any either.
OK, if Whiteman is too far away, what about Leavenworth, there is a major military installation in KC (no its not just a prison, it is also the HQ for TRADOC)
or while he was in St Louis, there is a Airforce section there, and not far up the road is Scott Airforce base, or hey, what about the USO right there in St Louis, and visit with the troops deploying?
All I am saying is, I think McCain should get off the "Support the soldiers" thing unless he is willing to make the same commitment.
Now, do I want Obama as president, hell no. Noit crazy about Mccain either, but unfortunately we have to vote for the less evil here and not the best candidate.
Quite honestly, a perfect selection for the presidency would have been Colin Powell for Presidnet and Condela Rice as VP. No BS, no hidden agenda and no connection to any outside influence.
ken

Well unless I am mistaken TRADOC is in Ft. Monroe VA, not Leavenworth. As for my number of posts I have never felt the need to reply in the past. I try to just read what is going on in the area. I have lived in this area for many years. As for the USO in STL my guess is he does not come through the normal way most people do. As for the Navy and Air Force both flying, I think you would get the same argument if you comapred Soldiers and Marines since they are both mostly ground forces. I truly beleive McCain would never drive within a couple miles of a military post without stopping, but we know for sure Obama will.
 I too would prefer other choices like Rudy however we are stuck with what the 2 majority parties have chosen as their representives

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
I would think that arranging security would factor in for both of the candidates.  Easy ways out, controlled area etc...which is probably a good reason that he did not stop in town in Lebanon.  My guess is that he wants to hear cheer, support and glory ...something he is less likely to get here due to his recent trip to Iraq and the attitude he displayed.  Negative publicity would have surely been captured by some sort of media...my cell phone has a great video feature and capturing something like that would be meat and potatoes for TV Media, internet etc.   My guess....he's un-American.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 04:40:06 AM »
Well unless I am mistaken

Well unless I am mistaken TRADOC is in Ft. Monroe VA, not Leavenworth. As for my number of posts I have never felt the need to reply in the past. I try to just read what is going on in the area. I have lived in this area for many years. As for the USO in STL my guess is he does not come through the normal way most people do. As for the Navy and Air Force both flying, I think you would get the same argument if you comapred Soldiers and Marines since they are both mostly ground forces. I truly beleive McCain would never drive within a couple miles of a military post without stopping, but we know for sure Obama will.
 I too would prefer other choices like Rudy however we are stuck with what the 2 majority parties have chosen as their representives
Yes you are mistaken, TRADOC Force Design and ARCIC headquarters in at Ft leavenworth, I travel there monthly for meetings. Currently IMCOM is headquartered at Ft Monroe, which is scheduled to be closed during BRAC
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline rangeman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »
Yes you are mistaken, TRADOC Force Design and ARCIC headquarters in at Ft leavenworth, I travel there monthly for meetings. Currently IMCOM is headquartered at Ft Monroe, which is scheduled to be closed during BRAC

Well being that I was mistaken by your standard I just had to check for myself. As you had said in the earlier post HQ TRADOC, that is what I went with and not a subordinate command. Well I checked this morning to make sure HQ TRADOC is in Ft. Monroe, VA and it is. So I guess in fact you are the one mistaken. You may very well go to a sub cvommand on a monthly basis, however the commanders chair is still at Ft Monroe. Just wanted to give you the facts for informed decisions. 

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »
Rangeman, did I piss on your Cheerios or something? So far you have only posted 4 posts on this web, and all of them have been geared at attacking me. If you have a beef with me, tell me who you are, as everyone knows who Taz it, I am not hiding behind a name to attack anyone. Meet me for a beer and we can clear this up.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 01:35:22 PM »
I noticed that as well Taz. I guess as long as there are message boards there will be people who think they know it all. Both candidates need to take time to visit Military bases because I think its going to be a very big deciding factor for a lot of people. Personally I can't believe he didn't try to make a scheduled, or even unscheduled, stop here. But as I won't be voting for him anyway it makes no nevermind to me. I'm just ready for Nov. to come and go so all this crap is over with.

Offline rangeman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »
Rangeman, did I piss on your Cheerios or something? So far you have only posted 4 posts on this web, and all of them have been geared at attacking me. If you have a beef with me, tell me who you are, as everyone knows who Taz it, I am not hiding behind a name to attack anyone. Meet me for a beer and we can clear this up.
Actually Taz I hardly ever eat cheerios, I did not think I was trying to attack you, just making sure the facts were stright. As for having a beef with you, I have no clue who you are, so it would be pretty hard to make a judgement on my part. As for the beer we will have to work out a time to fit our schedules, I never turn down beer nor coffee.

Offline rangeman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 04:47:02 PM »
I noticed that as well Taz. I guess as long as there are message boards there will be people who think they know it all. Both candidates need to take time to visit Military bases because I think its going to be a very big deciding factor for a lot of people. Personally I can't believe he didn't try to make a scheduled, or even unscheduled, stop here. But as I won't be voting for him anyway it makes no nevermind to me. I'm just ready for Nov. to come and go so all this crap is over with.
Nope, don't think I know it all, just like to make sure the facts are stright. Just like with FOX News they report we decide. As for them visiting military bases I think that would be a good idea, but do I beleive Obama would take the chance and visit a base, he has as much chance of visiting troops as appering on the Factor with Bill O'Reilly.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »
Anyone else go see him?? What did you think??
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
I wouldn't waste my time to go see him. I got the text of his "Fuzzy" math in Springfield right here on PCW.

The guy flip-flops with the polls, today he is for offshore drilling and tapping the reserve and in July(last month) he was against it.

As far as McCain supporting the troops, I feel EIGHT trips to Iraq and wanting a "Surge" from at least November 2003 means he does support the troops.

USA Today Nov 5, 2003 WASHINGTON — Sen. John McCain sharply criticized the Bush administration's conduct of the Iraq war Wednesday, saying the United States should send at least 15,000 more troops or risk "the most serious American defeat on the global stage since Vietnam."   

He picked the troops over his own party.   That is who I would have wanted as my CIC if I was still in the military. One who if he was in charge would have saved lives..................
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."