Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: NOT ENOUGH MONKEYS  (Read 17738 times)

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NOT ENOUGH MONKEYS
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

You should just do some research and then write your own material.

I would certainly make you look better on this site to others...

Did you ever have to write a book report in elementary or high school?

Same concept.  You should seriously try it.  Your growing worse than a pop up ad.

Fine Feathered Friends and Dinosaurs
Written by: Bruce Malone

From magazines to newspapers...from museums to textbooks...the concept that dinosaurs turned into birds is presented as a fact. Yet this concept, like all of the other supposed "facts" of evolution, is wrought with problems which are seldom exposed. Whenever dinosaurs with a bone structure remotely similar to birds are found, the link between dinosaurs and birds is assumed to exist. Bird fossils such as Archaeopteryx (right) are presented as proof of evolution because the bones have some characteristics reminiscent of reptiles. Yet this whole idea of dinosaurs turning into birds is based more on faith than scientific fact. Here are a few observations which are seldom reported:

1. Birds have a totally different respiratory system than reptiles. For a reptilian respiratory system to change into an avian respiratory system would be analogous to a steam engine changing into an electric motor by randomly removing or modifying one component at a time, without disrupting the motor operation. It is simply an impossibility.
   2. The hollow bones, muscle design, keen eyesight, neurological commands, instincts, feathers, and a hundred other unique bird features are completely different from reptiles. In particular a bird's lungs and feathers display brilliant design. Either would be totally useless to perform their designed function unless complete. A step by step transformation from scale to feather makes a nice story but "the devil is in the details". And the details simply do not add up to a workable intermediate creature. The building blocks of scales and feathers aren't even the same-they are made from different types of protein!
   3. Many recent dinosaur to bird "links" are "dated" between 120-140 million years. Yet archaeopteryx (which exhibits all the characteristics of a fully formed bird) is "dated" at 150 million years. Alan Feduccia, a world authority on birds (and evolutionist) states, "Paleontologist have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth-bound, feathered dinosaur. But it's not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that."

University of Kansas paleontologist Larry Martin sums up the presentation of this dinosaur to bird fossils best: "You have to put this into perspective. To the people who wrote this paper, (linking dinosaurs to birds) the chicken would be a feathered dinosaur."

Those who reject the possibility of the sudden appearance of birds have no other alternative than to accept the inadequate evidence for evolution. However, the actual evidence for evolution does not support that this ever happened. Evolution is the only alternative (creation by God) has been arbitrarily eliminated.

Rather than blindly accepting the latest evolutionary find, dig into the details and determine if real science proves that reptiles could have turned into birds or lifeless chemicals could have ever "come alive". An honest scientist will follow the data wherever it leads-even if it leads to an encounter with a personal creator.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2009, 12:32:12 PM »
You should just do some research and then write your own material.

I would certainly make you look better on this site to others...

Did you ever have to write a book report in elementary or high school?

Same concept.  You should seriously try it.  Your growing worse than a pop up ad.

My intent is not to make myself look better. You should all know by now that I am the worlds worst typist. I have only had my computer for a few years. I recently learned how to copy and paste. Your Humanistic, selfish, "I'm a pcw administrator" view of the world is very apparent every time you post. Frankly, I wouldn't let you be in charge of taking out mt trash.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
My intent is not to make myself look better. You should all know by now that I am the worlds worst typist. I have only had my computer for a few years. I recently learned how to copy and paste. Your Humanistic, selfish, "I'm a pcw administrator" view of the world is very apparent every time you post. Frankly, I wouldn't let you be in charge of taking out mt trash.
Well said mark, I think DN gets on to much of a power trip for his own good, being a admin does not give the right to post only what THEY think should be said , or HOW a person expresses themself.  If a cut and paste was not allowed in this forum a very large part of this place would of been deleted long ago. 

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
Your growing worse than a pop up ad.

Great metaphor.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
a admin chastising fellow members...great example

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2009, 09:46:02 PM »
As I have already stated... this wasn't about the content.  I didn't even read the entire article.

You are trying to demonize me.  I rarely, if ever, use my administrator abilities on this site.  I believe my most recent actions were a few months ago whenever I moved a thread to another section of the site because it was in the wrong area...

Don't try to make me out to be the big bad guy.  I'm just trying to keep this site organized and easy to navigate.

The content of Mark's post when posted in such a number are better suited to the Faith section of this site.

I'm tired of this... how did you put it in another thread?  Bickering?

Move along and get back to discussing something of merit.  You can try to demonize me all you wish but it won't work... all you are doing is making this section into a playground fight wasting everyone's time who has to read this.

Well said mark, I think DN gets on to much of a power trip for his own good, being a admin does not give the right to post only what THEY think should be said , or HOW a person expresses themself.  If a cut and paste was not allowed in this forum a very large part of this place would of been deleted long ago. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
Big pile of Monkeys! Love some of this older stuff. They come and go, but they never win!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Big pile of Monkeys! Love some of this older stuff. They come and go, but they never win!
You can only help the ill-informed, you can't stop stupid right mark

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 04:09:39 PM »
some would be well advised to read some of the "older" stuff! too bad they are too lazy and would rather rehash crap with no new proof!

I don't mind proving them wrong again and again and again.... ! LOL LOL LOL

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
some would be well advised to read some of the "older" stuff! too bad they are too lazy and would rather rehash crap with no new proof!

I don't mind proving them wrong again and again and again.... ! LOL LOL LOL

Ok, There is nothing of value unless it was written in the bible.
You have won the right wing religion vs progressive atheist debate.
Will you still follow your beliefs when your dieing of the cancer the bible didn't have a cure for?

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »

Is this a personal, jail house experience you are talking about?
"They come and go, but they never win"
I've heard dropping the soap is a bad idea, unless you were born that way!
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Will you still follow your beliefs when your dieing of the cancer the bible didn't have a cure for?

I think the cure could be in the Bible! Its Crown of thorns plant or olive oil. I'm trying some stuff with my niece who's body is full of Cancer. I'll let you know if it works...and would appreciate some prayer for her too! Doctors and 'big pharma' have pretty much given up.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »
Is this a personal, jail house experience you are talking about?
"They come and go, but they never win"
I've heard dropping the soap is a bad idea, unless you were born that way!

The atheists.....they come and go or resort to personal attacks when they are stumped!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »

The Bible does not say anything specifically about the disease of cancer. However, that does not mean that it does not address the issue of diseases. King Hezekiah was sick from a “boil” (2 Kings 20:6–8), which could have in reality been cancer under a different name. So, although the word cancer is not in Scripture, there are conditions described that could very well have been cancer. When Jesus was on earth, He healed all the diseases that were brought to Him (obviously, that could include cancer) as a sign to the Jews that He was their Messiah. However, cancer—like all disease—is a result of the curse of sin upon the world. In Genesis 3:17 we read, “Cursed is the ground for thy sake.” The word translated “ground” is better translated “earth.” The earth has been cursed because of sin and all men die—we all return to dust—and the method of death may be from disease that is a natural outcome of the curse upon the earth. Diseases are not “punishment.” They are a result of living in a fallen world and upon a cursed earth, and believers and unbelievers alike develop cancer and other diseases that lead to death. We need to remember that, in the life of the believer, God “works all things together for good” (Romans 8:28)—and “all things” includes cancer.

The wonderful thing is that, even though in this life on the cursed earth we are subject to diseases like cancer, we have hope. Psalm 103 has a wonderful passage that gives us a confident assurance that there will be an end to the ills of this world. Psalm 103:1–4 says, “Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.”

Does this passage mean that we are guaranteed that God will heal us of cancer or other diseases in this life? No, that is not the meaning of this passage. Rather, the same God who forgives us our sin will one day bring us to a place He has prepared for us (Matthew 25:34). His redemption preserves us from destruction, and then there will be no more curse and no more disease and no more death, and we will be forever crowned with His goodness and grace. The final victory over the curse of sin is already ours in Christ.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-cancer.html#ixzz2upg6BKzN
~Teilhard de Chardin