Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Stanley Miller  (Read 13873 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Miller
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Mutations are mistakes which have never produced a long term benefit. Even examples of "beneficial" mutations, such as sickle cell anemia (a fatal disease which imparts a resistance to malaria) do not create new features or improve overall survivability. One hundred years of experimentation has shown that mutations (birth defects) can not develop new organisms or even cause useful changes to existing organisms This is because mutations never add useful information. They are exactly analogous to random misspellings in a book. Therefore this mechanism for evolution, even in combination with natural selection, fails to explain how new functional structures could arise.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
mutations have been proven to be useful to different spieces. how else would they adapt to changing environments? evolution. evolution is the process of mutation so that something can learn to survive.

go here for some examples

http://www.uky.edu/KGS/education/tertiary%20quaternary%20mammal%20evolution.htm
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 06:49:02 PM »
That's not evolution my deary, adaptation yes, it was information already in DNA ( PUT THERE BY GOD) to adapt to changing environments. those are the same KINDS of animals. A horse is a horse, A dog is a dog etc....
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »
There's a really neat museum at Harvard University called, "The Museum of Comparisons."  For instance they have the prehistoric skeleton of an alligator next to the skeleton of a modern alligator and you can see how the alligator changed (adapted?  evolved?) over time.  They have horse, whale, dog, about every prehistoric animal skeleton you can think of and the modern comparison.  So, If you are ever in Boston, you should go check it out to be convinced that animals didn't turn into different animals over time.

That's not evolution my deary, adaptation yes, it was information already in DNA ( PUT THERE BY GOD) to adapt to changing environments. those are the same KINDS of animals. A horse is a horse, A dog is a dog etc....
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 07:51:12 PM »

evolution is adaptation is mutation is changing over time to survive in what ever environment the creature is in.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »
What you speak of is sometimes termed "Micro Evolution". Almost all high school biology books use examples of micro-evolution such as finch beak variations as an example of evolution. Yet nothing really new is ever created. How can breeding existing characteristics transform a bird or a dog into some completely different type of creature?
    The next time you see the word "evolution", examine how it it being used. Is it  the modification of already existing features (which proves nothing about the origin of those features), or is it a bait and switch where micro-evolution is used as "proof" of macro-evolution (for which there is no proof).
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 12:56:21 AM »
but species do not evolve into new species.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »
Not in your lifetime no.

but species do not evolve into new species.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 02:42:11 AM »
not in anyone's lifetime

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
Only butterflys
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
    A powerful example of the evidence for creation is the interdependence of the parts within an organism. Could completely different yet fully functioning parts of an organism have all arisen in a step-by-step fashion? If not,  their origin must have been simultaneous creation. The butterfly is a perfect example. How could some worm- like creature have mutated with both the ability and desire to seal itself inside a cocoon? For either to happen would require thousands of simultaneous and useful changes to the chemical structure of this mysterious "pre-butterfly" type creature. What would have happened to some worm-like creature that sealed itself inside a cocoon but did not yet have the ability to rearrange its bio-matter into an adult butterfly?  This information had to have been programed into the creatures DNA by God!   P.S. Thanks for the Butterfly's God.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »
Science is BS!

No wait, science is right!

No, wait, wait, science is BS unless is specifically proves something in the Bible, then it's great!

Christians: Cherry picking their beliefs since they realized they would have to stone adulterers.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2008, 08:03:06 PM »
   Why don't you try answering some of my questions (like I do yours) instead of just coming on here mouthing because you don't know?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »
   Why don't you try answering some of my questions (like I do yours) instead of just coming on here mouthing because you don't know?

Because I do know, unlike you, who merely gets his authority from others without ever truly understanding one bit of what he copies and pastes, yet feels like a big man because he can find something from someone who can back up what you think.

As I've said before, you have no moral authority of your own, only that which you cherry pick from others.

You have no intellectual authority of your own, only that which you cherry pick from others.

Discuss any religious issue without referring to the Bible or copying from a creationist.

Can you?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »
   Nothing (again) huh!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
what the has a valid arguement there mark. it's you who is spouting nothingness. try paying attention for once instead of hearing what you want to hear.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »
  What is his argument?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
  I read back trough his posts to try and figure out what we are arguing about and 9 out of 10 say I'm dumb, I copy and he's knows everything. Please share some of this knowledge!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
What is the validity of his argument?

what the has a valid arguement there mark. it's you who is spouting nothingness. try paying attention for once instead of hearing what you want to hear.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2008, 10:37:31 PM »
It's pretty common among those who are empty shells, those barely able to cope with reality, people who create rigid walls of
authoritarianism borrowed from whatever source they can best scare those they wish to intimidate. 

Typically you'll find they are the weakest willed and slowest thinkers.  In order to mask their shortcomings, they latch onto the
strength and will of others.  They prop themselves up on the authority that is unquestionable (in their minds) so that they can try to
dominate the weak willed and mentally challenged, or to try and keep up with the smarter and more liberal people they typically debate with.

Typically, they use it to try and dominate their spouses and children.

That's why you'll either find them divorced or with the mousiest weak willed wallflower in town.

That's also why you'll find their children are the stereotypical party animals at night when daddy thinks they are at the library. 

I'm willing to bet, not even knowing Mark or who he is, that at least one, if not both, of these are true.

Either he's divorced or he's married to a wallflower, and his kid(s) are running around drinking, doing drugs and fornicating with the local bad boys/sluts.

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 12:48:04 AM »
None of us were there at the beginning.  We do not know 100% of what happened to cause life.  There is the scientific side of the argument and then there is the religious side of the argument.  Neither one is 100% correct.  It is up to the individual to decide what to believe in.  Education needs to stick to academics, however, and teach scientifically.  If people want their children to learn about creationism, then send them to church.
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:06 AM »
and both sides need to be debated/discussed in school. why not? It makes perfect sense that there is a Creator.

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2008, 02:12:33 AM »
both sides do not need to be discussed in school. kids won't learn anything but how to debate an endless topic. that's not what they need when growing up. there are so many different ideas that surround the topic that it will get the classes no where. if the parents want their kids to learn about creationism, let them teach it at home or at church.
Goddess Bless

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2008, 02:44:20 AM »
they don't need to learn to question? form opinions,principles. they don't need to learn to stand by their principles? they don't need to consider the opposing argument and agree or rule it  out? Then any theory or thought on the origin of the universe should not be taught. If parents want their kids to learn evolution, let them teach it at home. kids don't need more substandard education at school.

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2008, 03:48:01 AM »
religion has no place being taught in a public school. if you want your child to learn about creationism, send them to a private school.
Goddess Bless

Offline ECOGEEK54

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2008, 06:15:34 AM »
Mark, man, you are thoroughly fixated on plexpedia.com.  I wonder how some of you would do on a face to face discussion, w/o internet.  But, that's neither here nor there.  The current discussion, I guess, is whether both sides need to be taught in school.  There are not enough hours in the school day to teach every creation story on the face of the planet at this time.  Then what, after you taught them?  Micro-evolution is, by definition, a form of evolution.  We have witnessed this, we haven't witnessed "macro-evolution" because of the amount of time it would take.  Ol' Darwin, by the way, does mention a creator in "Origin of Species" if any of you bothered to read the darn thing.  C'mon, you challenge us to read the Bible.  This is...less poetic, but still informative.  But, again, not the argument. 
The sole purpose of science is questioning, then, using the scientific method to answer those questions. 

For example:  Does Praying for patients help them recover faster?

I chose this because I see "thank you notes" posted all over the hospital thanking for special prayers.  Several experiments have been done, all with no proof.  In the latest test, there were three groups of a total of 1800 people, all of which had coronary bipass surgery.  The specs of the experiment and the results were published in the American Heart Journal of April, 2006.

http://pt.wkhealth.com/pt/re/amhj/abstract.00000406-200604000-00041.htm;jsessionid=LbfBF2XDjHLWNLZjxfmy4X2bvGMJg8vJw2X5dJ6KyLpT33x2Q1mv!1455807198!181195628!8091!-1

Now, I'm not trying to prove nor disprove deity, this is just an example of how an experiment is done.  Evolution of life (Which many people somehow confuse with the Big Bang) is taught because it is the only plausible working model we have.  In the past, an invisible supernatural being was acceptable to explain why things happened; and before that, drawing on the cave wall to have a successful hunt.  All of this was followed by “don’t step on a crack, or you’ll fall and break your back.”  I know the last one is true because I know a guy who had a girlfriend of a half brother who had a friend who saw someone break their back after stepping on one.  (Kidding, BTW) 

The United States of America was founded on science in the Age of Enlightenment, where many of the founding fathers “discarded past superstitions.”  Most of them were Deists.  Here are some neat-o quotes:

“Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man” Thomas Jefferson
“Lighthouses are more useful than churches.” Ben Franklin

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution." James Madison
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father in the womb in a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."  Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to John Adams

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2008, 07:25:43 AM »
The last two sentences aren't really necessary are they?

There isn't much need really to pick a fight and degenerate the topic into chaos.

It's pretty common among those who are empty shells, those barely able to cope with reality, people who create rigid walls of
authoritarianism borrowed from whatever source they can best scare those they wish to intimidate. 

Typically you'll find they are the weakest willed and slowest thinkers.  In order to mask their shortcomings, they latch onto the
strength and will of others.  They prop themselves up on the authority that is unquestionable (in their minds) so that they can try to
dominate the weak willed and mentally challenged, or to try and keep up with the smarter and more liberal people they typically debate with.

Typically, they use it to try and dominate their spouses and children.

That's why you'll either find them divorced or with the mousiest weak willed wallflower in town.

That's also why you'll find their children are the stereotypical party animals at night when daddy thinks they are at the library. 

I'm willing to bet, not even knowing Mark or who he is, that at least one, if not both, of these are true.

Either he's divorced or he's married to a wallflower, and his kid(s) are running around drinking, doing drugs and fornicating with the local bad boys/sluts.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
Click on  "Evolution"  at the bottom of this page and read !   
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »
 Found this interesting! The Stanley Miller thread from Sept. 2008.  People still haven't learned anything!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ebilly99

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »
Found this interesting! The Stanley Miller thread from Sept. 2008.  People still haven't learned anything!
No you have not. The Miller–Urey experiment[1] (or Urey–Miller experiment)[2] was an experiment that simulated the conditions thought at the time to be present on the early Earth, and tested for the occurrence of chemical origins of life. Specifically, the experiment tested Alexander Oparin's and J. B. S. Haldane's hypothesis that conditions on the primitive Earth favored chemical reactions that synthesized more complex organic compounds from simpler organic precursors. Considered to be the classic experiment concerning the experimental abiogenesis, it was conducted in 1953[3] by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey at the University of Chicago and later the University of California, San Diego and published the following year.[4][5][6]
After Miller's death in 2007, scientists examining sealed vials preserved from the original experiments were able to show that there were actually well over 20 different amino acids produced in Miller's original experiments. That is considerably more than what Miller originally reported, and more than the 20 that naturally occur in life.[7] Moreover, some evidence suggests that Earth's original atmosphere might have had a different composition from the gas used in the Miller–Urey experiment. There is abundant evidence of major volcanic eruptions 4 billion years ago, which would have released carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen (N2), hydrogen sulfide (H2S), and sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere. Experiments using these gases in addition to the ones in the original Miller–Urey experiment have produced more diverse molecules.[8]
Click on  "Evolution"  at the bottom of this page and read !