Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dixon Golf Course  (Read 4121 times)

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
Dixon Golf Course
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:28:37 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Dixon held a night time golf tournament this evening, my husband and his friend played in this and came in the top 5 out of the 23 teams. They were giving away prize money starting @ $400 for first and so on down the line...well my husband and his friend were not given their prize money, they were giving prize money to the locals who did worse than my husband. This is bullsh*t, they took $50 dollars from each person just to give it to the locals who played like sh*t. They just lost our business, as my husband was playing there @ least 3 times a week. This is not good business practice and their tournament is nothing but a joke!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
Re: Dixon Golf Course
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
Did he ask them why?  What was their reasoning?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »
Have your husband check the rules next time before he plays, any golfer who plays at the level you say your husband or his teamates play at knows that most tournaments are flighted. Championship Flight, A Flight, B Flight, and so on depending on how many people play. This gives amatures a chance to win money too. These rules are usually well known, and clearly stated before any tournament.

Being the fifth top score probably put him in last place in the championship flight. A couple strokes lower and he may have won A Flight. This process was designed for the different players handicaps. If they didn't do it the amature golfer would not only never win money, but he would probably never want to play in theses tournaments.

Dixon held a night time golf tournament this evening, my husband and his friend played in this and came in the top 5 out of the 23 teams. They were giving away prize money starting @ $400 for first and so on down the line...well my husband and his friend were not given their prize money, they were giving prize money to the locals who did worse than my husband. This is bullsh*t, they took $50 dollars from each person just to give it to the locals who played like sh*t. They just lost our business, as my husband was playing there @ least 3 times a week. This is not good business practice and their tournament is nothing but a joke!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 04:21:26 PM »
They did have flights, my husband has never played in a tournament where they did that. He also said they never knew they were being placed in a flight, they didnt know until after the game and he was wondering where his money was. I dont know that i agree with those rules though, i know not everyone plays at the same level but all the tournaments he has been has went soley based on score.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
I have never seen or been involved in one that wasn't flighted. I thought the flyer I saw about the tournament said it would be flighted.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 06:10:52 PM »
He played in one recently and i believe it wasnt flighted. I just dont see why they're giving prizes to the people who did not do so well. Any other type of game gives prizes to the people who do well. I guess what bothers me is that people work hard to play well and they're not rewarded when it counts.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 06:20:26 PM »
More people than just your husband have shoot themselves out of the money..Meaning they shoot too good to be in a lower flight, but not good enough to win a higher flight. Just the nature of the game.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
Im sure there are alot of people who have, but its stupid. So i guess you have to be super good or super bad to win money....very frustrating.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »
Wait until he gets payned out of a hole, costing him a money win. Then you will reallly have a cow. But that is how it is done.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:06 PM »
that would suck. golf is just a very confusing game, with very weird rules.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »
Yep, that's why I just ride with my husband and drink beer.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »
lol, i did do that, then it just got to boring. I have tried to play and its not pretty.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »
I have to swing WAY too many times. I am Not working that hard for nothing.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
I too don't recall playing in any tournament that wasn't flighted with maybe the exception of the Oldsmobile Scramble..

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »
Where I play they have windmills and concrete bumpers!   ((*(*&

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
Where I play they have windmills and concrete bumpers!   ((*(*&

Thats what im talking about!! Golf is not my game..putt putt i can handle though and theres not pressure to do well :)

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »
 :add nothing:
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »
smileys
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
I love that smiley..
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 07:36:03 AM »
The Dixon course isn't bad. However, I leave my good clubs at home when I play there. The ground is generally harder than playing at post or Richland. I like the set up better than Richland, but not better than post. Richland doesn't really seem to have an out of bounds, and it is possible to hit an airplane. Not sure whether that is a bad thing or not.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »
This is just a tad off of the subject but I have just recently taken up the game of golf. I am middle age and had never and i mean never hit a golf ball with anything except a baseball bat. I have a good set of Goodwill golf clubs. Well, there may be a few in there from Good Sam, but they will do me just fine. I am sure they could tell some stories and that makes them valuable to me. My question is whether or not there is anyone who would be willing to teach someone like me to how to at least be respectable on the course.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 08:00:25 AM »
This is just a tad off of the subject but I have just recently taken up the game of golf. I am middle age and had never and i mean never hit a golf ball with anything except a baseball bat. I have a good set of Goodwill golf clubs. Well, there may be a few in there from Good Sam, but they will do me just fine. I am sure they could tell some stories and that makes them valuable to me. My question is whether or not there is anyone who would be willing to teach someone like me to how to at least be respectable on the course.

First off, you will probably have a better chance of getting someone to take you during the spring. Good days this late in the year are few and far between, and even then you are only going to get a limited amount of good weather a day. People don't really like to waste the few great days teaching somebody new the basics. If we wanted someone asking us a million questions about this and that, we would have brought our women.

Next, second-hand clubs are fine and all, but you need to make sure they aren't broken. Playing with broken clubs is like a man with ED forgetting his viagara on a hot date. You may be able to get yourself on the fairway, but you are going to have a tough time getting it in the hole with a wobbly shaft. (unless your name is Paul Haun Jr.)

As for getting advice, there isn't much advice you are going to get from non-pros. I can tell you now what most people are going to tell you. They are going to tell you to keep your head down and your knees bent. They will probably tell you to get a good grip, but don't grip it so tight. You will also get a plethra of opinions on your swing. I say keep your head down and your knees bent, and do whatever swing works for you. If you crush the ball consistently with the happy gilmore swing, by all means, do the happy gilmore swing. Just get out there and play. After a while, you will find your technique.

Finally, I need to address being 'respectable' on the course. I understand you mean ability to play without embarrassing yourself, but I think ettiquette is most important on a golf course. People aren't going to care if you don't play very well.(unless you play at some place like Tantara and they place you in a foursome with three amature circuit players you have never met) What people generally care about at golf courses is ettiquette. Here are a few things that you need to know. Not everyone follows the rules, but it can get you in good with the people who run the course if you do.

Let people who play faster than you play through.

Don't hit the ball if the people ahead of you(on the same hole) are close enough to hit.

Don't spend a lot of time looking for a lost ball, and if you insist on it, let the people behind you play through.

If it isn't a course with a cart path only rule, make sure you obey the 90 degree rule. It means you drive along the cart path until you get near your ball, then you can drive directly to your ball, hit, then drive directly back to the cart path.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but never drive your cart on or directly near greens or hazards. Keep a safe distance from each.

Always rake the sand traps after you hit from them.

Always fix divots. Either put it back and tap it down, or fill the divot with sand. It depends on the course as to which is correct. If there is sand in the cart, you probably should use sand. If you are really worried about it, just ask before you play.

Always fix the ball marks you make on the green. Buy a ball mark tool, and read the instructions on how to use it. It only takes a few seconds.

Remember to yell four if it is a possibility you may hit someone. Not so sure how it helps, but it is what you are supposed to do. I assume it is to give people the oppurtunity to get to some cover, but I have yet to see someone hit the deck after I have yelled four. People generally just look back at you, which makes them more likely to get hit in the face. At least you tried though.....I guess.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe