Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!  (Read 63553 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Practically Enchanted....Awesome store!
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »

Share/Bookmark

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2008, 01:19:17 PM »
Wiccans have various creation stories, depending upon the path of the individual Wiccan.  Many believe that from chaos came the Goddess.  She created the God.  Upon their union, the universe(s) were created.

I personally tie the creation in with Evolution.  I do not believe that the divine said I want to make man today and poof he was there.  I think the Goddess and God gave the world what it needed for life to grow and flourish.  I think they watched over the evolution of the Earth and (at times) guided it in the right direction.  But that is just my personal opinion.

Do wiccan's believe in evolution or creation?
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2008, 01:27:42 PM »
(biting tongue) I guess you have the right to believe as you wish.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »
I am so glad you finally realized that.  We are all very proud of you. + Karma to you!!!  ***(**& :th_gen129: :th_egypt:
Blessed Be!

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
+karma to you for that. ;)

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
Just wanted to let you guys (from Practically Enchanted) know...I took my Aunt, her foster kids, and my mother in the store.  Mom knew it was ran by Wiccans...she had no problem with it.  I did let my Aunt know before we went in.  She loved the store!!!  She said it had a lot of really nice stuff, and she liked that you guys were nice to her kids.  She said, "Yeah, they're Wiccan.  That's ok, I have my God and they have theirs.  I don't mind."  Just thought you would want to know.  :wee_fly:

Offline ECOGEEK54

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
 That's cool, PC.  Props.

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »
Glad they enjoyed it!  Hope to see you again soon!
Just wanted to let you guys (from Practically Enchanted) know...I took my Aunt, her foster kids, and my mother in the store.  Mom knew it was ran by Wiccans...she had no problem with it.  I did let my Aunt know before we went in.  She loved the store!!!  She said it had a lot of really nice stuff, and she liked that you guys were nice to her kids.  She said, "Yeah, they're Wiccan.  That's ok, I have my God and they have theirs.  I don't mind."  Just thought you would want to know.  :wee_fly:
Blessed Be!

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »
Oh trust me...you'll see me around! :)  Mom's making up some soaps for Mel.

Glad they enjoyed it!  Hope to see you again soon!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »
this thread started out as an advertisement for a business. I really don't care who owns the business. but to use that business to promote a wiccan religion (or vice versa), negative responses should not be unexpected. But many churcshes are doing the same thing on tv. You can say what you want but you are making wicca commerce. just like the tv guys selling tapes and books about christianity. you can invite people to come in and see what goes on,what you sell , and talk. but it is a ploy for acceptance of a non christian religion.
That would not stop me from coming in as there may be something of interest,I don't ask the religious beliefs of every business I go into.

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »
How are we making Wicca a commerce?  Because we are providing people with a place where they can buy books, and magickal supplies.  Most of our products do not even deal with the Wiccan aspect.  Most of the products are things that everday people use.  We hand-make incense, teas, and bath products.  I thought everyone took baths/showers.  We also carry candles (everyone burns candles).  We carry clothing, jewelry,  baked goods, and scrapbooking supplies. It seems as though many people think we start badgering people when they come into the store.  That is not what happens at all.  People come into the store, we ask if we can help them find anything.  We tell them if they have any questions or need any help to please let us know.  We help them in whatever way we can.  I only wish Wal-Mart had that good of customer service.

I have my 4th degree in Wicca and Witchcraft.  I have been practicing the Craft for 15 years.  I am an ordained minister, teacher, and Elder of the the Wiccan community.  It is my responsibility to the Wiccan community to provide them with the knowledge and guidance they need as they are the future.  I donate a good 30-40 hours a week of my time to teaching classes and providing them with information they need.  The store allows us to network and have a place to meet.  It is our home away from home.  Last I checked, the store pays taxes.  It doesn't hide behind the tax exempt thing that the churches do.  Although, if we wanted to, I could fill out all the paper work and form a Wiccan Church.

this thread started out as an advertisement for a business. I really don't care who owns the business. but to use that business to promote a wiccan religion (or vice versa), negative responses should not be unexpected. But many churcshes are doing the same thing on tv. You can say what you want but you are making wicca commerce. just like the tv guys selling tapes and books about christianity. you can invite people to come in and see what goes on,what you sell , and talk. but it is a ploy for acceptance of a non christian religion.
That would not stop me from coming in as there may be something of interest,I don't ask the religious beliefs of every business I go into.
Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2008, 02:05:48 AM »
your own words: you are providing people with a place where they can BUY books and majickal supplies. not all your products are wiccan but some are. why don't you give them away? I slam the churches for doing the same thing and for not paying taxes.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2008, 02:44:41 AM »
But Fish, they DO pay taxes, so they can sell what they want to. I am confused by your post.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2008, 04:08:30 AM »
your own words: you are providing people with a place where they can BUY books and majickal supplies. not all your products are wiccan but some are. why don't you give them away? I slam the churches for doing the same thing and for not paying taxes.

they are a business. they shouldn't be giving their stuff away if they are trying to run a business. i don't see them as being any different from any of the other businesses in the area.
Goddess Bless

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2008, 04:10:06 AM »
You don't get to argue two different sides.  Your using a double account.  Cut the crap.

A good friend told me of the conversation that was taking place here and so I registered so that I could put my two cents in. As a Christian mother, I was horrified to discover that for one we have such a store in the community and that for two there is mention of a coven in the community as well. Maybe we are at the end of days. The people who run this store seem adamant that we come in and talk to them but guess what, that is how the devil ensnares people and I for one will not be a part of it. I will not support such a business and I cannot believe that the community center is letting them have an event there.  May the Lord bless and keep us all.

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2008, 04:48:42 AM »
Fish, we are a BUSINESS!  We sell things and PAY sales tax.  As a business, we sell Wiccan/Pagan supplies so that the Wiccan/Pagan community doesn't have to drive to Springfield or St. Louis to buy their supplies.  It saves gas money and shipping fees!

Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
are you selling wicca materials? that's commerce. are you promoting and answering questions on wicca in the store where you sell wicca materials? you promote wicca as a religious choice and sell the materials,that is making wicca commerce.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
are you selling wicca materials? that's commerce. are you promoting and answering questions on wicca in the store where you sell wicca materials? you promote wicca as a religious choice and sell the materials,that is making wicca commerce.
No Fish, that is called making a living. Don't see you all bent out of shape over the Christian Book Store that was (or maybe still is) out by the first shopping center outside post.
Same as that store, they are only making a living.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2008, 02:24:55 PM »
I support their right to have a store and sell what they want.  That's what is so great about this country.  You don't get run out or killed because of your beliefs.  You can support them or not by buying their product and ideals.  As I have stated before I choose not to but support their right to exist and do business.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
not bent out of shape at all on either stores. the wicca store is going beyond just selling goods,their right and choice. but they are making a profit promoting their religious beliefs. I slam the churches that are doing the same thing.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »
not bent out of shape at all on either stores. the Wicca store is going beyond just selling goods,their right and choice. but they are making a profit promoting their religious beliefs. I slam the churches that are doing the same thing.
So the Bible book store is NOT making a profit selling their religious beliefs?  This is America, and anyone has the right to make money by any legal means. Would it be OK to sell Wicca products if you were not a Wicca so that you are not selling items of your religious beliefs?
They are running a legit store, items they sell are taxed, those taxes help this community, what is the difference from what they are selling and McDonald's? Each one has a product and apparently there is a consumer that wants this product.
By your reasoning, then we need to out law all stores from selling Bibles and Cross necklaces as these are religious items based upon their beliefs.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
Commerce:  The buying and selling of goods, especially on a large scale, as between cities or nations.

Any business would be a commerce.  This could be why they pay SALES TAXES!  Interesting concept, don't you think?
Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »
so the wicca store has nothing to do with religion? that store is a way to get their beliefs out to the public?

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »
What is the point that you are trying to make fish?

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »
The Wiccan religion has been out in the public for a very long time.  Apparently, you have lived a very sheltered life.  The store does not teach religion or attempt to force religion on anyone.  Practically Enchanted provides the Wiccan/Pagan community with a place to purchase their supplies.  I don't forsee someone taking the time to learn how to melt down metal and pour athames or swords.  Although, that would be absolutely awesome to learn.

As an Elder and teacher, I give workshops and classes.  I also teach independent studies and accelerated programs.  The store is open for all walks of life, not just Wiccan. 
so the Wicca store has nothing to do with religion? that store is a way to get their beliefs out to the public?
Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2008, 01:39:17 AM »
to see how far I can make this rabbit run

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2008, 01:44:07 AM »
My mom saw a Ten Commandments bracelet there the other day that she used to have as a teen....she thought that was cool.  She thought it was great that there's something there of all different kinds of religions.

The store is open for all walks of life, not just Wiccan.

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2008, 02:34:45 AM »
The gold one in the black case?
My mom saw a Ten Commandments bracelet there the other day that she used to have as a teen....she thought that was cool.  She thought it was great that there's something there of all different kinds of religions.
Blessed Be!

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2008, 03:12:31 AM »
Yeah that's the one.  She said she either had one exactly like it or similar, can't remember.

The gold one in the black case?

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2008, 06:16:34 AM »
to see how far I can make this rabbit run

i don't see it running very far, fish.
Goddess Bless