Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: TRUST ME  (Read 24435 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
TRUST ME
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Two words summarize most of the teaching of the Bible, and if followed, lead to an incredibly fulfilling life. Yet, few people succeed in implementing this simple Biblical principle. Obeying these two words will save you from countless hours of mental and physical anguish and sleepless nights. These words are simply, "Trust Me". God values two things above all else in our lives- faith and obedience. These two things together are what define "Trust". Without faith, we can never please God and obedience is the action which demonstrates that our faith is real. Trust is simply faith acted out in obedience. Mankind's natural tendency is to trust the world and ourselves rather than God. That is why we are told to "Die (to yourself) daily." (I Corinthians 15:31) Furthermore, we are locked in an invisible spiritual battle of which most people are not even aware. We have an enemy who longs to destroy us and his primary weapon is to deceive us into putting our trust into something other than our Maker. Throughout our lives, we will be tempted to transfer our trust away from God and into material wealth, friends, our own accomplishments, or religion. Yet each will prove itself unsatisfying and we will look for some other source of meaning, purpose, and peace. Only a real relationship with the One who created each of us can fully satisfy our deep desire for meaning in life. So how do we hold onto this trust in God? One way is to maintain an unshakable understanding of who God is as our Creator. 1. God is not part of the created universe any more than a painter is a part of his painting. God made the universe, He actively holds it together, and He entered into it as Jesus Christ...but He is not trapped inside what He created. 2. Time is a part of the physical universe. Time is not a constant but varies with mass and acceleration. God is not trapped inside time anymore than a chef is trapped inside his souffle. As one prophet stated "God inhabits eternity." (Isaiah 57:15). 3. Since God is outside time, He instantly sees the past, the present, and the future. Even before the first molecule was created and time began, God knew every person, action, tear, and tragedy that would ever happen. Nothing surprises God. When the reality of these three truths really sinks in, you become free to completely trust God. You understand that He is in absolute control. Even though He chooses not to violate our free will, His ultimate plan cannot be thwarted and He has promised that He will not allow anything in our lives without giving us the ability to endure it. (I Cor. 10:13) Furthermore, we are promised that all trials and tribulations will ultimately be for our own good and for His glory. (Romans 8:28). Finally, God has the ability to take care of our financial, physical, emotional, and spiritual needs (Matt. 10:28-31). If He chooses not to give us what we think we need, this too is for our own good (Jn 16:33). If you only trust Jesus with your heart; you will live on an emotional roller coaster waiting for the next spiritual high. If you only trust Jesus with your mind; your faith will be dry and powerless. If you only trust Jesus with your strength; you won't be able to tap into His strength and you will ultimately burn out. Trust Jesus with all of your heart, all of your mind, and all of your strength.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Re: TRUST ME
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:30:15 AM »
I say, ask the Native Americans where that trust got them.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
Where has your lack of trust got you?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
Are you talking about Jesus or Horus? It's hard to tell since Christians stole their son of God story from the Egyptians.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
Where has your lack of trust got you?

Lack of trust has allowed me to see what the realities are for non-Christians and the way they are treated by so-called Christians.

Not by all, but by many who believe in the convert or die Coulterist way of life.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Meanister

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »
Two words summarize most of the teaching of the Bible, and if followed, lead to an incredibly fulfilling life.

Four words end with the same means, and don't require a whole book of stolen fairytales to convice you.

Don't Worry; Be Happy

Enjoy the power of the positive pasta.
Remember, it is greater to think you will be great, then to know that you are not.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »
It took me an hour to type my initial post on this thread. I hope some of you at least read it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »
It took me an hour to type my initial post on this thread. I hope some of you at least read it!
I read it~ but my favorite saying is (and it is sooo true) What goes around, comes around... anyone agree with that one?

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56:51 AM »
 (((((
I read it~ but my favorite saying is (and it is sooo true) What goes around, comes around... anyone agree with that one?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:28:44 AM »
Who do you think is more trustworthy... your neighbor or Jesus?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
My neighbor. Jesus is Satan, the morning star.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline littlejohn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »
 :P
My neighbor. Jesus is Satan, the morning star.
Right on Brother -- and Michael Moore named one of his latest films after you too - SICKO !!!  :P
You can take the boy out of the Ozarks, but you can't take the Ozarks out of the boy.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt". - Mark Twain

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »
I tried to tell him that stuff rots your brain, but he won't listen!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
There ya go, Mark, casting them pearls ...
Unfortunately, people either believe or are deceived, and it ain't hard to tell them apart. The only thing that really convinces people is an experience with the Father himself. We can get their attention with signs and wonders, but they have to be open to a real experience with the Creator of the Universe to really grasp what it's all about.
Keep on believing!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:57 PM »
We can get their attention with signs and wonders,

and picket signs and bombs and social control...

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »
TRUST ME?

That sounds like a damned dictator to me.

"Trust in me.  Don't think for yourselves.  I will be your way. Worship ME!"

The Christiain god is just a big attention whore.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
It beats the alternative! I would rather trust in Him and follow Him than trust in men. He's got the right to ask us to trust in Him: He created us and the rest of the universe. What's not to trust?
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »
This defamity is shocking to me.  We aren't allowed to use this kind of language against each other here on the board, yet our Heavenly
Father can be called names like this. (referring to DN's last post)
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
Does the truth hurt?

This defamity is shocking to me.  We aren't allowed to use this kind of language against each other here on the board, yet our Heavenly
Father can be called names like this. (referring to DN's last post)

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »
Through HIM you trust in MEN.  Its all an illusion used to control those who cannot see the reality of human social patterns.

It beats the alternative! I would rather trust in Him and follow Him than trust in men. He's got the right to ask us to trust in Him: He created us and the rest of the universe. What's not to trust?

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »
Does the truth hurt?

Not the point at all.  So, God won't sue you for slander, or Rick
for allowing you to say things like this.  I would expect you to
exhibit more self control of your tongue.
Carry- on.  I just felt the need to speak up.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:52:29 AM »
just like the non beleivers to stoop to below the gutter because they can't change believers minds. LOL LOL The 1st ammendment gives us not only freedom OF religion, but freedom FROM religion. maybe some non believers should exercise their freedom FROM religion and not stoop to insulting believer's God or their beliefs.

but whatever makes you happy, it is entertaining to watch those that would cry out for tolerance to not tolerate opposing beiefs/opinions. LOL LOL no one is forcing belief in God on anyone. It is fun to watch the hypocritical behavior. It just shows how lacking their life is.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 02:23:18 AM »
Don't try to garner some form of pity by dragging Rick into this.

Your just mad because you know its true.  God himself ADMITS this in the Old Testament.

Not the point at all.  So, God won't sue you for slander, or Rick
for allowing you to say things like this.  I would expect you to
exhibit more self control of your tongue.
Carry- on.  I just felt the need to speak up.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 02:23:53 AM »
You know yourself better than anyone fish.

just like the non beleivers to stoop to below the gutter because they can't change believers minds. LOL LOL The 1st ammendment gives us not only freedom OF religion, but freedom FROM religion. maybe some non believers should exercise their freedom FROM religion and not stoop to insulting believer's God or their beliefs.

but whatever makes you happy, it is entertaining to watch those that would cry out for tolerance to not tolerate opposing beiefs/opinions. LOL LOL no one is forcing belief in God on anyone. It is fun to watch the hypocritical behavior. It just shows how lacking their life is.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 02:40:07 AM »
your point is? I was giving you suggestions you obviously can't come up with on your own.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
It appears to me that the atheists and wiccans are all about personal gain and selfishness. The Christians are about helping others to see the truth without even a thought of "What's in it for me".
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »
how so, mark? i know i'm not on the pagan path for personal gain. i know many pagans that are only living a good life and expect nothing in return. most of us, in the end, are only wanting to look back at the end of our days and see that we lived a full and just life. we look forward to returning to the arms of the gods knowing that our life was just and brought gladness and joy to those around us. but i guess in a way you are right. we do want something out of our beliefs. we want happiness and joy.
Goddess Bless

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
It appears to me that the atheists and wiccans are all about personal gain and selfishness. The Christians are about helping others to see the truth without even a thought of "What's in it for me".
I want to know where you go to church at~ and how long have you been going there for?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »
Your not getting any hair Get over it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 03:52:05 AM »
Your not getting any hair Get over it!

heh
Goddess Bless