Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: What's the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled? *Hint* It rhymes with Jesus.  (Read 37794 times)

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing people Jesus is the Messiah. I am sure you were going to say that it was convincing people he didn't exist, but there aren't that many people that believe he doesn't exist. The truth is it would be much more beneficial for him to corner the market on religion. What better religion than Christianity? As a Christian, you believe in the God of the old testament. If Satan were wanting to trick followers of the real God, what would be the best way to do it? It would be to expand on the real story of God. It would be to offer an easier relatively peaceful religion that worships a man believed to be their God. A religion that says you don't have to follow God's rules anymore to get into Heaven. That would be the best trick the Devil could do, and Satan is mighty tricky.

Merriam-Webster

Lucifer-
1—used as a name of the devil
2: the planet Venus when appearing as the morning star

What is the last thing Jesus said in the Bible?
Revelations 22:16"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

Does this sound like something Jesus would say or Satan?
Matthew Ch. 10 vs. 34-36 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword.  For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;  and one's enemies will be those of his household.'" 

Luke ch 19 vs 27
" But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Revelation ch 2 vs 22-24
" Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

I was under the impression that Jesus was free from sin.
Matthew Ch. 12 vs 1-2
" At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.
 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day."

Is Saint Peter Satan?
Matthew Ch. 16 vs 18-23
" And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."
Either Jesus calls himself Satan, or he calls Peter Satan? Why would he give Satan the keys to the kingdom of Heaven? Why would Satan be the founder of the Christian church? Why would Satan be one of Jesus' disciples?

I thought Jesus is God.
Matthew Ch 19 vs 17
" And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

The mark of the Beast is on Jesus?

Revelation ch 13 vs 16-18
" And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Revelation ch 14 vs 1-4
" And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."

:th_thmuwahaha-1:
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline fish

• View Profile
ya might want to read the whole section and not take one verse and try to interpret what it means. your problem is obvious,confusion.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
Can you be any more vague? Get to the specifics. Which verses do you have problems with and why?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
Okay, how come the devil is real and Jesus is a myth?   This isn't scholarship as much as a troll attack on the believers on this board. 

I know the best thing to do is to ignore you but you stepped on my stupid switch with this one.  Your logic is flawed.  Your information is flawed.   Your intpretations and verses are out of context and you don't know who's speaking and about whom they refer to.  These can't be your opinions; they must be only what others have interpreted and what they believe..  Christians believe differently.

If they choose to believe in Jesus, what's it to you?  Some may be a bit overbearing but many of us would leave you be and allow you to choose for yourself. 

Just to address on stupid intrerpretation about Jesus sinning by breaking the law, a study of the book of Hebrews in the new testament, would cause you to understand that the law has one purpose and that's to bring us to grace so grace can do its work in us. 

This idea of unmerited favor, grace described, is a foreign concept to many skeptics because the concept of grace eludes them totally.  Everything is cause and effect, except grace.  Its just given.  Never merited or earned.  Just given.  No reason.  No logic.  Only love.. 

That throws even Christians who've been convinced by earnest well meaning people that God is totally POed all the time and we must some how apease Him. 

As for your philosopher's quote beneath your avatar, its only what he thought and wrote down, that doesn't make it gospel for us.  Frankly all philosophy combined is a person's own determination about what they think and believe.  Cogito Ergo Whatever.  I think therefore I believe whatever I want about whatever I want.  I too studied philosophy in college and found it somewhat boring.  Its merely what somebody thought about something, sometime, somewhere.  So, when you ascribe to their teaching you become a disciple of theirs just as we are a disciple of Jesus.    No difference.

The cut and paste topics are merely a rattle of the chain of some of the more zealous and no disrespect meant, but probably taken, uneducated in the ranks of our churches.  I find it mildly interesting, and entertaining, when they try to make another believe until such a contrast is made.

The biggest lie the devil ever told is when he told people there'd always be more time, not that he doesn't exist.  There's always going to be more time for decisions that will impact your life for the better, and the happier.  More time for the kids, the wife, to do all the things that really need doing to have a life worth living, and yet we all believe his lie that we have all of the time in the world.  Life then become existence, not living.  We move through the days exisiting, but never living until its almost too late.

If you want to be one who ascribes to a belief system different than the Christian believer, so be it.  Your choice.  But leave these cut and paste trolling attacks go.  It's boorish and if we wanted to read this drivel we'd look it up ourselves.  We are that intellegent and capable.  I know I am.

I know this will bring about a long and full of questions rebuttal but frankly I could care less as I am adding you to my ignore list and wont give you the pleasure of a reply, as that's really all you are looking for. 

You be the thelogical giant.  I'm gonna listen to my old records and be happy in my stupidness and belief in a beneficent savior who did for me what I could not.  I believe.  You'll never change that or shake it.

You might even yank my chain once in a while and I will post.  But you'll never win.  And I bet that really chaps..  well you know

have a nice forever.  I will
$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
well put $Bill.  I am sure you just said what a lot of us were thinking but couldnt articulate it as well.  Thank you.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
For the record, the only thing I cut and pasted was the bible verses. Also, I started the attack because fish said Satan was behind Wicca. I generally only make the "Jesus is the devil" argument with friends when we are high, but I felt like it was an appropriate response to fish being rude to the local Wiccans.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
Oh yeah. I do appreciate your thoroughness. However, I challenge you to show how I have taken something out of context. Which information is flawed? I copy and pasted bible verses directly from a Christian site.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
I was rude to wiccans? when? If it is a religion other than christianity, satan is behind it. he uses it as a distraction from christianity.

maybe you should read more of what you cut and paste, then you might know what you are talking about.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
 :karma:
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
If it is a religion other than christianity, satan is behind it. he uses it as a distraction from christianity.

To God's chosen people, Christianity is a religion created by Satan to distract from Judaism. People have to choose whether or not to follow God's Law as outlined in the Torah. Jesus offers an easier alternative. Through Jesus, there is no need to follow God's Law. There is no reason not to eat pork. Belief in Jesus, in essence, is scoffing at God's Law. It is an admittance that God makes mistakes. What was God thinking when he forbid certain foods?

1 Timothy 4:1-5
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer."
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Re: What's the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled? *Hint* It rhymes with Jesus.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
2 outta 3 religions that stem from the same God don't believe in the holiness of Jesus.

Democracy at its finest?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
Re: What's the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled? *Hint* It rhymes with Jesus.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:08 PM »

I know the best thing to do is to ignore you but you stepped on my stupid switch with this one.  Your logic is flawed.  Your information is flawed.   Your intpretations and verses are out of context and you don't know who's speaking and about whom they refer to.

I know this will bring about a long and full of questions rebuttal but frankly I could care less as I am adding you to my ignore list and wont give you the pleasure of a reply, as that's really all you are looking for. 

$Bill

In agreement here.  It's one thing for someone to honestly be
looking for answers and understanding, quite another to be just
trying to stumble people - which looks like what the OP is up to.
I haven't put anyone on the ignore list as yet, but perhaps it is
time to prevent myself from being drawn in to another useless
debate and trying to argue with apostosy.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:48:20 AM »
the torah is only the 1st 4 books of the bible. there is more to the bible.

Jesus is the Son of God, through his death we can be forgiven of our sins.

read acts 10: 13-15

christianity created by satan? LOL LOL LOL  the jews simply don't believe the Messiah has come. that is what separates them from christians.

It is hilarious, nonbelievers trying to pass themselves off as experts on the bible,Jesus,God. LOL LOL LOL

why are you so intent on dicrediting what you already don't believe in?  LOL LOL LOL

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 04:33:44 AM »
the torah is only the 1st 4 books of the bible. there is more to the bible.

Actually, the Torah is the first "five" books of the Bible, but I am sure you already knew that.

Jesus is the Son of God, through his death we can be forgiven of our sins.

The only thing you need to do to be forgiven by God is to truly be repentant, and to honestly attempt to follow God's Law. God will forgive you for worshipping a false God if you are truly sorry and refrain from doing so in the future.

"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams" (I Samuel 15:22)

"When the wicked man turns away from his wickedness that he has committed, and does that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive."  (Ezekiel 18:27)

Acts 10: 13-15 is a about a false God. God said in the Old Testament that sacrifice was not needed for atonement. God said man is capable of saving their own souls by doing which is lawful and right. All you have to do for forgiveness is stop doing wicked things. It's quite obvious actually.

It is hilarious, nonbelievers trying to pass themselves off as experts on the bible,Jesus,God. LOL LOL LOL

I am no expert. I am just a decently knowledgeable person capable of seeing the logic in things.

why are you so intent on discrediting what you already don't believe in?  LOL LOL LOL

I came up with the argument one night when some of my Christian friends and I were sitting around a bonfire smoking pot and drinking Makers Mark. I generally only bring it up amongst friends, but you had to go and start calling all religions other than Christianity false religions started by Satan. After that, I felt the need to point out how Christianity is the most likely religion to have been created by Satan.

(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
better read acts again,it is in the new testament. "Christ" ianity started with Jesus.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:56 PM »
So says the new testament written by Satan's disciples. You should read the Old and New Testaments again. You too can see the discrepancies presented by Christianity. The New Testament actually negates the Old Testament.  God's word is infallible. Why do you presume He made a mistake when He inspired Leviticus?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »
prE4chEr - I don't much read what you have to say - but I am confused from what I have skimmed over - do you believe in God or not?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
Nope. I am an atheist. I like to argue religion with my Christian friends. I came up with the Jesus is Satan argument a while back. I generally don't bring it up, but fish called all other religions ploys by Satan.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:26 PM »
Do you believe in Satan?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 01:25:42 PM »
No, I am an atheist. However, the argument is sound. You may disagree with it, but there are some valid points. I haven't misconstrued any facts. All quotes are taken in context. I haven't changed anything.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
I don't expect to change anyones mind. My only intention is to point out how it is just as easy to claim Christianity is a ploy by Satan, as it is to say Wicca is a ploy by Satan. In fact, if you believe in the validity of the Old Testament, Christianity makes perfect sense as a ploy.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »
ok, just confused that you were saying things about God and Satan - but you do not believe in them. I understand now what you are doing. Just wanted to clarify it - again I don't do the debate thing. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want and leave it at that.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 04:26:24 PM »
how can christianity be a ploy by the devil when he is denounced in the bible? LOL LOL
the old testament wasnot replaced by the new testament. the new testament announces the coming of the savior that was prophesized in the ot.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »
The Devil doesn't need you to worship him to get your soul. He just needs you to worship a false God. Surely the Devil is tricky enough to know that. He gained your trust by acting good. He spoke of good things. He convinced you that the path to eternal salvation was not so much as your deeds, but that you believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior. Let's put this in terms you can understand. You believe Barrack Obama is a Muslim. He says he is a Christian. In essence, he is saying Muslims are worshipping a false idol. Why would he denounce his own religion? He would do so for his own personal gain. So one can surmise the Devil could denounce himself for his own personal gain. Furthermore, Muslims denounce Satan. Yet you still believe that Islam is a deception by Satan.

The rules from the Old Testament have been changed for the New Testament. Why is it now okay to eat food once considered an abomination? Because the rules have changed. Why is it no longer necessary to sacrifice animals for repentance? Because the rules have changed.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 08:18:42 PM »
You said, ".... The New Testament actually negates the Old Testament.  God's word is infallible...."
The truth is that the New Testament fulfills the promises of the Old Testament. The coming of the Messiah ushers in the New Covenant that completes God's plan and ushers in the New Kingdom of God. Now, as Jesus said, "... the kingdom is at hand." It's here, now, today, for all who wish to participate in it and find true communion and fellowship with God the Father, Himself.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »
BTW, the existence of atheists mandates the existence of God. Otherwise atheists would have nothing to not believe in!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 08:28:24 PM »
The New Testament negates the rules of the old testament. That is the point I am making, but since we are on the subject. How about you give some examples of what you consider an old testament prophecy of Christ?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »
I don't not believe in God, I believe there is no God. Either way though, I wouldn't be a Christian. It is too practical to be the truth.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
I don't think its a troll posting.

Its just something very scary to think about for some of you so you will find any way possible to dismiss this.

Its actually pretty well put together and thought out.

Thanks for that posting!  I never looked at it from quite this angle before.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
It's "Idiotic"!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin