Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: EDUCATION!  (Read 5501 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
EDUCATION!
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:22:56 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The following strategy is repeatedly used by those who advocate "evolution only" education. They; 1. Define science to exclude the possibility of a creator. 2. Claim that all the evidence for our designer is "not science" and, therefore cannot be shown. 3. Repeat, like a mantra, statements such as "evolution is the basis of science" and imply that microbes to man evolution is a proven fact. 4. Then give examples of minor changes within organisms as "proof" that one organism can change into a completely different type, while using the same word, "evolution" for both the small and the enormous changes. Actual scientific evidence for any major evolutionary transformation is non-existent. No experiment has come even remotely close to showing how life could form from chemicals. Major problems with origin of life experiments are systematically hidden from students- after all, we can't have students considering the only other alternative (creation), can we? No experiment has shown how useful functioning information can be added to the DNA molecule by random changes. Yet, it can be experimentally demonstrated that every known mutation results in a net loss of original functioning information. Why aren't we training students to ask the big question-where did all of this original functional information come from? Acknowledgment of a designer gives a mechanism that agrees with known scientific observations; evolution relies on faith that denies experimental reality. It is commonly parroted by evolution believers that creation is not science because it is not testable or repeatable. In actuality, the creation model is far more testable than the concept that microbes turned into man by random mutational changes. Any sequence pattern even remotely similar in form or function to the DNA code, beamed to earth from outer space, would immediately be acknowledged as evidence of an intelligent originator. Yet, the same evidence for a designer, found in every DNA molecule, cannot be acknowledged as such in classrooms! Mutation rates have been accelerated a million-fold with fruit flies, yet no new creature or even any new functioning feature has ever developed. Fossils are an undeniable record of the sudden appearance of distinctly different animal forms with huge gaps between enormously diverse creatures. The creation model explains the fossil record as a consequence of a real worldwide flood and the reality of this ancient global flood has been repeatedly confirmed by careful scientific observations. Yet these evidences are systematically suppressed because of a dogmatic faith in evolution, which survives by defining "science" so that it leaves out the better creation alternative. Those setting the standards for our public school science curriculum have merely replaced the acknowledgement of our Creator's existence with a definition of "science" that excludes the possibility of God's interaction with His creation. In essence modern man has decided to use the public education system to pretend that there is no God (at least not worth mentioning). In reality what is being taught is that there is no God except naturalism. God, who desires for us to have a personal relationship with Him, has a response to this sad situation. Psalms 14:1 states, The fool says in his heart, "There is no God".
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: EDUCATION!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »
Lord please keep my daughter and I in the truth, so she doesn't become a witch or a homo, or both!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
Lord please keep my daughter and I in the truth, so she doesn't become a witch or a homo, or both!

Dude, you got serious problems.

God, Jeebus, Allah, and/or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, please protect his daughter from him so that she may be spared living a lifetime of hatred.

Mark, there's a call on line one.

The Westboro Baptist Church wants to know when you will be returning to the flock.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »
I don't hate anyone, and neither does my daughter. I do however feel sorry for people who are as mixed up as you!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »
I don't hate anyone, and neither does my daughter. I do however feel sorry for people who are as mixed up as you!

I feel sorry for your kid, honestly.

She's the one who, the moment she gains her freedom, is the stereotypical overprotected party animal who does all of the wild things the boys love in college just to get back at daddy.

Girls Gone Wild, the Spears' girls, Palin's daughter, and several dozen girls in high school and college that I had the best time with.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
You feel sorry for my daughter, Yet you get on here and brag about how you had yours killed at the abortion clinic?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ECOGEEK54

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 03:43:42 AM »
You seem to be faithful in your beliefs.  That is a wonderful thing.  However, one needs to be sure their beliefs are based on facts, otherwise they may end up looking ridiculous.  Here's some problems with what was stated before:

First, the issue with teaching ďcreation scienceĒ in school is, which creation story are you going to teach.  To be equal, you should teach them allÖin a philosophy class, not science class. 
1.    Define science to exclude the possibility of a creator:
a.    It is not scienceís job to credit or define a creator.  Itís religionís job to do that.
2.       Claim that all the evidence for our designer is "not science" and, therefore cannot be shown:
a.       Here, your personal biases are getting in the way.  Thereís evidence to both sides of the spectrum.  See, American parents have taken the onus off of themselves and decided that other people should be raising their children  (teaching them right from wrong, teaching them about their religion, teaching themÖanything) and this is whatís lead to the downward morality slope. You are responsible for your child.
3.       . Repeat, like a mantra, statements such as "evolution is the basis of science" and imply that microbes to man evolution is a proven fact.
a.       Evolution is not the basis of science, itís the basis of evolution science, which HAS been tested and viewed and proven.  I would suggest you look up on sciam.com evolution.  They have many articles by real life scientists and not people who read a book and have an opinion.
4.       4. Then give examples of minor changes within organisms as "proof" that one organism can change into a completely different type, while using the same word, "evolution" for both the small and the enormous changes.
a.       Again your ignorance is coming out.  Weíve experience evolution (which is mutations in DNA) on larger scale animals and reptiles such as lizards, in as little as thirty years.  Weíve even created the building block of life (amino acids, lipids and simple proteins) using only what was believed to be in the earthís atmosphere when before life was first formed.
5.       Actual scientific evidence for any major evolutionary transformation is non-existent. No experiment has come even remotely close to showing how life could form from chemicals.
a.       As stated in that last answer, we have done this.
The idea is not to create a pseudo history, or even a pseudo-reality to suit your beliefs.  Once you do, youíre ranking up there with the Flat earth Society and those who say that the holocaust never happened.  Please, make sure you have facts before you attempt to make an argument.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 03:49:07 AM »
You feel sorry for my daughter, Yet you get on here and brag about how you had yours killed at the abortion clinic?

Your crack pipe must be too full.  Where did I say that?

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:02:15 AM »
You seem to be faithful in your beliefs.  That is a wonderful thing.  However, one needs to be sure their beliefs are based on facts, otherwise they may end up looking ridiculous.  Here's some problems with what was stated before:

First, the issue with teaching ďcreation scienceĒ in school is, which creation story are you going to teach.  To be equal, you should teach them allÖin a philosophy class, not science class. 
1.    Define science to exclude the possibility of a creator:
a.    It is not scienceís job to credit or define a creator.  Itís religionís job to do that.
2.       Claim that all the evidence for our designer is "not science" and, therefore cannot be shown:
a.       Here, your personal biases are getting in the way.  Thereís evidence to both sides of the spectrum.  See, American parents have taken the onus off of themselves and decided that other people should be raising their children  (teaching them right from wrong, teaching them about their religion, teaching themÖanything) and this is whatís lead to the downward morality slope. You are responsible for your child.
3.       . Repeat, like a mantra, statements such as "evolution is the basis of science" and imply that microbes to man evolution is a proven fact.
a.       Evolution is not the basis of science, itís the basis of evolution science, which HAS been tested and viewed and proven.  I would suggest you look up on sciam.com evolution.  They have many articles by real life scientists and not people who read a book and have an opinion.
4.       4. Then give examples of minor changes within organisms as "proof" that one organism can change into a completely different type, while using the same word, "evolution" for both the small and the enormous changes.
a.       Again your ignorance is coming out.  Weíve experience evolution (which is mutations in DNA) on larger scale animals and reptiles such as lizards, in as little as thirty years.  Weíve even created the building block of life (amino acids, lipids and simple proteins) using only what was believed to be in the earthís atmosphere when before life was first formed.
5.       Actual scientific evidence for any major evolutionary transformation is non-existent. No experiment has come even remotely close to showing how life could form from chemicals.
a.       As stated in that last answer, we have done this.
The idea is not to create a pseudo history, or even a pseudo-reality to suit your beliefs.  Once you do, youíre ranking up there with the Flat earth Society and those who say that the holocaust never happened.  Please, make sure you have facts before you attempt to make an argument.
All of your rebuttals are wrong! You obviously know nothing about science.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:12:47 AM »

May your daughter find a path that suits her and a lifestyle she can live with. may you learn tolerance and understanding from her choices. and may blessings be upon you both.
Goddess Bless

Offline ECOGEEK54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
Maybe I shouldíve introduced myself.  I am a Professor with several degrees, ranging from ecology to environmental science.  I have the training and knowledge to have an opinion on this subject based on facts.  I didnít think Iíd have to explain all this to an adult.  So, hereís where I get my information.  Please, be specific about whatís wrong with what Iíve said.  Is it wrong because you want it to be or because you have evidence that it is?

1. Define science to exclude the possibility of a creator:
3.  Repeat, like a mantra, statements such as "evolution is the basis of science" and

Iíve put these together because the explanation Iím about to give is going to explain both of these.  [/s]Iím not going to cite a source on this one, since reason of deduction would let you know that science is nothing more than using the scientific method to find answers.  In the scientific method, a finding is only valid if the experiment gets the exact same results every time.  One canít do that with Deity (go figure), so itís up to the religious folks.  Also, it should be noted that calling something a science, doesnít make it a science (ie creation science).

First, what evidence?  [/s]Are we going to over the blind watchmaker theory?  This is not evidence.  The theory that there should be a creator because life is complex is equivalent to the ancient Greeks believing that their gods controlled the weather and destroyed crops.  It happened, they didnít know why, so they chalked it up to some invisible higher power.

Okay, this one Iíll hand over to http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=monitor-13-squid-narwhals-robotics
Go to one minute and fifty one seconds.  [/s]They will tell you exactly where to find the information.  Also, they have a whole magazine devoted toward dispelling these myths creationists love to overlook.

For this, just type in the words Stanley Miller and amino acids together.  You should get something.
The idea is that you actually have to do some work to sound credible.  In fact, to sound credible you have to actually be credible, not just say what you think you want people to hear.

Offline ECOGEEK54

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
I'm curious, though, what are your qualifications to talk on a subject such as science?

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
+ karma for ecogeek54 VERY GOOD comeback and very informative reading~ Thank You~

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »
I've  Already posted the information you requested; Its been known for thirty years now that the :Stanley Miller experiment was seriously flawed. He used no oxygen for starters. No oxygen-No ozone- No ozone -No life. See my Stanly Miller post in the religion section.  The scientific evidence is everywhere supporting creation and the flood. There are no transitional fossils found anywhere. The only changes found in any animal, is speiciation (information already in their DNA put there by God to allow them to adapt to new environments.) "Birth defects" or random mutations always result in a loss of information. Read over some of my posts in the religion section I have answered these rather old rebuttals many times.  My qualifications: OLD MAN?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
+ Karma for ecogeek54!!!!
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
ecogeek, what is the origin of science? who created it? everything has a beginning except God. He always was and always will be.

I'm sure you got your bs degree before your higher degrees.

why can a body absorb nutrients differently than another body.

how could life begin without a Creator?

the greeks were close,they just had too many gods. Only one controls the weather.  Believing a God (intelligent design) created the universe and controls the weather is perfectly logical. what or who else could do the same?

religion has long ago established the universe was created by God, science has tried to disprove it ever since. evolution still has not been confirmed,only a theory. creationism makes perfect sense. it all boils down to what you want to believe in.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why dont you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children?

This is the culture you're raising your kids in.  Don't be surprised if it blows up in your face.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »
I know I would be here but you might not be. think of all the fun I would be missing. LOL LOL

It proves God does have a sense of humor. just look at some of His creations! LOL LOL LOL

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 12:18:11 AM »
Has anybody else noticed how the "religious" posts have gone up recently?

Most of them loooooong, very windy, writings by DN, What The, Preach4, eecogeek, silva........ all of which seem to want nothing to do with religion. I don't get it. 

If I wanted to attend a college class on the environment and ecology, I would pay my money and go to college. 

I get on this board to enjoy myself and the others on here.  I don't mind your opinion but do you have to write a book everytime you want to make a point.   :sleepy:

When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06:35 AM »
I know I would be here but you might not be. think of all the fun I would be missing. LOL LOL

It proves God does have a sense of humor. just look at some of His creations! LOL LOL LOL
And what the heck is up with all the LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL IT AINT FUNNY! Get over yourself!!!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 01:14:13 AM »
And what the heck is up with all the LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL IT AINT FUNNY! Get over yourself!!!
Someone please take away her bitch pills and give her a Prozac.........please!!! ***(((* ^^^%%% :th_thth0070adfd:
 :th_th36_1_15:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 01:16:21 AM »
Someone please take away her bitch pills and give her a Prozac.........please!!! ***(((* ^^^%%% :th_thth0070adfd:
 :th_th36_1_15:
Be glad you live far far away! I enjoy being a bitch! its better than being nice and have everyone walk all over you~ I have extra if you wanna share!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 01:35:09 AM »
Be glad you live far far away! I enjoy being a bitch! its better than being nice and have everyone walk all over you~ I have extra if you wanna share!
Naw i would be afraid that Becky might get into them and her hair would turn red :wee_fly:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
I was just looking to see who post on this thread.
 We have Witches and bitches, Geeks and freaks, religious fantics and political fanatics and there is SATAN himself!!
 and then there is sweet little ol me
 :angelharpsmiley:

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 02:13:32 AM »
I was just looking to see who post on this thread.
 We have Witches and bitches, Geeks and freaks, religious fantics and political fanatics and there is SATAN himself!!
 and then there is sweet little ol me
 :angelharpsmiley:
Who SATAN himself~ lol

Offline ECOGEEK54

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »

Everyone here, as far as I know, is supposed to be adults.  Yet, most have shown otherwise.  You guys feel safety in this little thread because we donít know you, canít see you and that makes you feel safer from the big bad world, where in reality, people do have different beliefs.

Your God is a god of love.  Unconditional love, if Iím not mistaken.  If He loves me, then He loves everything about me, unconditionally.  He created all of His people the way He wanted us to be.  If Heís omnipotent and all knowing, as many of you believe, then you know that He knows what where going to do, already.  Also, your dogma states that you should spread the love.  But, all I see is anger coming from those who arenít faithful followers of your path.  Silva was being nice, inviting you to his store, just so you could talk, no hidden agendas.  Some of you took advantage of that, thinking you could slip in some punches from the sideline.  I understand if you donít want to support the Pagan community.  However, it should be noted that those in the pagan community work at Walmart, Pricecutter, St. Johnís and even on the Fort.  Pagan soldiers have given their lives to keep this place free.  A pagan who just happened to be a decorated World War II veteran Abraham Kooiman died almost six years ago.  He fought for our freedom (Note that German isnít the official language). 

So, all I ask is that you give these people, and your fellow man, respect.  This is the Religion Opinion section and not the Christian Opinion section. 

Igahmah, the reason a bunch of these posts are so long is because there are no simple answers in philosophy.

I will post the answers to you question in a few, fish.

For those who are questioning the beliefs of others, hereís a quote from Epicurus.

ďIs God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?Ē

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
Can you say "Free Will" I knew you could.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »
If this section of the site does not suit you, then please feel free to browse the many other sections of Pulaski County Web.  Its a huge message board.  I'm sure you can find something shorter that will interest you somewhere else on the site.

Has anybody else noticed how the "religious" posts have gone up recently?

Most of them loooooong, very windy, writings by DN, What The, Preach4, eecogeek, silva........ all of which seem to want nothing to do with religion. I don't get it. 

If I wanted to attend a college class on the environment and ecology, I would pay my money and go to college. 

I get on this board to enjoy myself and the others on here.  I don't mind your opinion but do you have to write a book everytime you want to make a point.   :sleepy:

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »
jt give kristi some of your stuff. some of this stuff IS funny. LOL!!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »
January 08 and they haven't got any smarter! Its in the water!
~Teilhard de Chardin