Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Watch what you post  (Read 3197 times)

Offline princesso8788

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Watch what you post
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Not a news story,,,but just a side note watch what you post and what you ask,,,,,,especially if it pertains to the loss of  a soldier on or from the base.  We have many soldiers whom are deployed right now.  All it takes is one person to post the unconfirmed reports and rumors fly out of control.  If you hear a rumor dont spread it,,,,,,,,,.  The last deployment we lost a soldier and the press got wind of it before the next of kin was notified all because someone had to run their mouth....  The next of kin found out from a news report that their soldier was not coming home.  How would you feel if that is how you found out your loved one was gone. 

Also weather you realize it or not ,,,,writing about what you hear about on the base weather it be training accidents ,,,,,,,or who is deploing and when and where they are going.  You never know who is reading it may very well be someone who would use that information to do harm.  So please guys think before you type

Barb (A Army Wife) :anger:

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
Re: Watch what you post
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »
I don't have a scanner channel for the base~ and i'm pretty sure being an army brat I have common sense too~

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Not a news story,,,but just a side note watch what you post and what you ask,,,,,,especially if it pertains to the loss of  a soldier on or from the base.  We have many soldiers whom are deployed right now.  All it takes is one person to post the unconfirmed reports and rumors fly out of control.  If you hear a rumor dont spread it,,,,,,,,,.  The last deployment we lost a soldier and the press got wind of it before the next of kin was notified all because someone had to run their mouth....  The next of kin found out from a news report that their soldier was not coming home.  How would you feel if that is how you found out your loved one was gone. 

Also weather you realize it or not ,,,,writing about what you hear about on the base weather it be training accidents ,,,,,,,or who is deploing and when and where they are going.  You never know who is reading it may very well be someone who would use that information to do harm.  So please guys think before you type

Barb (A Army Wife) :anger:
I don't think Ive read anything on here about the base either~

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
Ya, what are you talking about?
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »
Speaking as a member of the media, I want to affirm what's being said here. There have been times I have known about a soldier's death from various sources before the family was notified, and that just is not good.

I know there are unusual cases ... for example, situations in which a soldier died in a car crash, the police released his name after notifying primary next of kin, but Fort Leonard Wood couldn't confirm his rank or military status because some of the farther-out extended family couldn't be located for several days. But in virtually all cases, there is no good reason to release a dead soldier's name before the family knows.

Also, terrorists Google. Don't believe it? Take your head out of the sand. In an open country like ours, the news media can be a helpful source of information to terrorists about what is happening at a military installation. I can't read the "Daily Cave Digest" to learn about Osama bin Laden's military preparations, but Fort Leonard Wood and the Army have very legitimate reasons to take reporters on tours of the post to show how good our weapons are, how we are preparing for attacks on us, and how our tax dollars are being used to fight the war on terror. Unfortunately, other people reading our papers have different motives, and both PAO and I are sensitive to security issues in ways not all media are.

The old War Department poster my parents grew up with during WW2 still applies: "Loose lips sink ships."

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
ok so what does this have to do with my scanner section? i'm pretty dang sure we don't talk about the military on here~ just mostly cars and ambulances~and its' been pretty dead on here latley.. common sense tells ya not to talk about military...

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 06:37:25 PM »
Heck what you post in this section is a drop in the bucket compared to the radio traffic on just our frequency. 

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:46:03 PM »
Heck what you post in this section is a drop in the bucket compared to the radio traffic on just our frequency. 
Thank you YT.. although I do love listening to the scanner I just don't post that much anymore~

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »
military uses digital nowadays and your basic scanner will not pick it up.  The old analog military channels are blocked on most private scanners too.  You can hear some traffic from Ambulance and the Post buses, but that's about all unless you want to spend the bucks.

Think OPSEC. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »
There have been some incidents that involve the military that occurred off-post and would have been on the scanners.  I think maybe that's what Princess08788 was getting at.  There was a couple deaths in off-post residences and a fatal motor cycle accident that I can think of right now that was discussed extensively on this board that were all dealing with military members.