Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Jesus Camp  (Read 22634 times)

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus Camp
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

wow that's just dumb coyote.. have you ever been to one of those events? ah well.. doesn't matter, i doubt you would let yourself enjoy it since it is "un-american"

have you ever dressed up for holloween? or had your kids dress up? go trick or treating perhaps?

there is no difference between dressing up for holloween and dressing up for a ren fest or a ren styled ball. try learning about it and you just might find that it interests you. learning about the history of any part of the world seems pretty American to me. how else would we avoid ignorance and avoid reliving past mistakes? besides, it's fun. as far as i know, having fun is still American.
Goddess Bless

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »
Let me simplify....America is God's Country.

this country was founded to escape religious persecution.. it is no more God's country then it is a pagan one. there are many different beliefs here, not just one. besides, religion has nothing to do with this ball.
Goddess Bless

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »
Oh yea?

How come?

Baseball, Football, fishing, canoing... are all more American than say...jousting.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »
Baseball, Football, fishing, canoing... are all more American than say...jousting.

Fishing and Canoeing are American? What would the world have done without us. They must be really grateful we taught them how to fish. Fishing, as American as apple pie.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »
THank you for thanking me, gahmah. I appreciate that.

Cowpoke you said what I was thinking but said it way better.  Thanks

They have the knight recreation in Waynesville at the park every year.  They joust.  No diferent only on a smaller scale.  Never heard any complaints about it.

So yeah coyote they do things like this in Waynesville.

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 08:06:16 PM »
Silvanus - did you say, Kilts?  :wink1a: :{:{:

Too bad, I'll be at a dog show that weekend! :( It does sound like great fun and supports a great cause, too!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
I think adults should stop dressing up for adult Halloween parties.  It's a kids holiday to trick or treat.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
Ask the Native Americans.

Fishing and Canoeing are American? What would the world have done without us. They must be really grateful we taught them how to fish. Fishing, as American as apple pie.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »
I think adults should stop dressing up for adult Halloween parties.  It's a kids holiday to trick or treat.

How are the adult women in regular clothes supposed to compete with the "kids" these days? The kids clothing is getting more whorish every year. Adult women need to substantially off-balance the whorishness of the "kids". One way to do this, is to dress at least twice as whorish as the "kids". So I consider it the motherly thing to do. If you care about your "kid" looking whorish, you would get super whorish to make your "kids" look wholesome. It's the right thing to do.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »

You think the Native Americans invented fishing and canoeing?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
You do have a point there.  Mothers need to police up their kids outfits..not just on halloween.  I agree completely with you in that regard.

How are the adult women in regular clothes supposed to compete with the "kids" these days? The kids clothing is getting more whorish every year. Adult women need to substantially off-balance the whorishness of the "kids". One way to do this, is to dress at least twice as whorish as the "kids". So I consider it the motherly thing to do. If you care about your "kid" looking whorish, you would get super whorish to make your "kids" look wholesome. It's the right thing to do.

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2008, 08:42:08 PM »

O.o what's the fun in that? we aren't stealing their candy from them and we are keeping to ourselves.

if that's the case, might as well go nude.. but i would rather be modest and cover up.
Goddess Bless

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2008, 08:44:22 PM »

Dude, seriously?

I mean, seriously?

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »
if that's the case, might as well go nude.. but i would rather be modest and cover up.

You can't blame a man for trying. It's in our "nature".
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:38 PM »
O.o what's the fun in that? we aren't stealing their candy from them and we are keeping to ourselves.
I like the idea about going nude, And every parent that i have ever known has stolen candy from there childerns candy bags under the pretext that we were checking to see if it was safe..... then we remove all our favorites. ((*(*&   :yahoo: :th_egypt:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »

If you are actually serious, you are out of your frickin mind. Ancient Egyptians were fishing long before slower witted Europeans, but even the English were fishing before Columbus ever discovered America. By the time of Jesus Christ, the Mediterranean Sea was already over-fished, and fish farms were invented clear back then to re-stock the Mediterranean.

And as for the Native Americans? Canoeing began in Canada and the Caribbean - not on US soil.

You could look it up. Just google for the history of fishing. Just google for the history of canoeing or boating.

There is a big wide world out there, and advanced civilizations flourished and fell, long before natives crossed the land bridge from Asia to this continent.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »
I read that the oldest known canoe was found in Holland. It was close to 8500 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canoe
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:48 AM »
I think adults should stop dressing up for adult Halloween parties.  It's a kids holiday to trick or treat.
Here is a little history on Halloween for you Coyote.
This is borrowed from the History Channel:
  The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31, they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.
  To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities.
  During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other's fortunes. When the celebration was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter.
  By A.D. 43, Romans had conquered the majority of Celtic territory. In the course of the four hundred years that they ruled the Celtic lands, two festivals of Roman origin were combined with the traditional Celtic celebration of Samhain.
  The first was Feralia, a day in late October when the Romans traditionally commemorated the passing of the dead. The second was a day to honor Pomona, the Roman goddess of fruit and trees. The symbol of Pomona is the apple and the incorporation of this celebration into Samhain probably explains the tradition of "bobbing" for apples that is practiced today on Halloween.
  By the 800s, the influence of Christianity had spread into Celtic lands. In the seventh century, Pope Boniface IV designated November 1 All Saints' Day, a time to honor saints and martyrs. It is widely believed today that the pope was attempting to replace the Celtic festival of the dead with a related, but church-sanctioned holiday. The celebration was also called All-hallows or All-hallowmas (from Middle English Alholowmesse meaning All Saints' Day) and the night before it, the night of Samhain, began to be called All-hallows Eve and, eventually, Halloween. Even later, in A.D. 1000, the church would make November 2 All Souls' Day, a day to honor the dead. It was celebrated similarly to Samhain, with big bonfires, parades, and dressing up in costumes as saints, angels, and devils. Together, the three celebrations, the eve of All Saints', All Saints', and All Souls', were called Hallowmas.

Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
So that's where I left it.

I read that the oldest known canoe was found in Holland. It was close to 8500 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canoe

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2008, 03:45:53 AM »
Goddess Bless

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2008, 04:02:38 AM »
I'll ask you again...

How come?

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2008, 04:41:10 AM »
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »
Columbus didn't "discover" America...duh.

If you are actually serious, you are out of your frickin mind. Ancient Egyptians were fishing long before slower witted Europeans, but even the English were fishing before Columbus ever discovered America. By the time of Jesus Christ, the Mediterranean Sea was already over-fished, and fish farms were invented clear back then to re-stock the Mediterranean.

And as for the Native Americans? Canoeing began in Canada and the Caribbean - not on US soil.

You could look it up. Just google for the history of fishing. Just google for the history of canoeing or boating.

There is a big wide world out there, and advanced civilizations flourished and fell, long before natives crossed the land bridge from Asia to this continent.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »
just some info for those of you who think the children in Jesus Camp are "brainwashed" and don't enjoy other facets of life.  Luke and Levi the boys in Jesus Camp went to a Rennaisance Fair in Kansas City this weekend.  How much more exposed to diversity can you get. So you can be a Christian and enjoy other things in this world.  You don't ignore the rest of the world you embrace it.  By the way, I'm still working on that!    :wink1a:
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »
I'm sure Columbus is not the first person to walk on the shores of America but remember " In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue"  he does get credit for it.  We all know the native Americans were here first.

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
just some info for those of you who think the children in Jesus Camp are "brainwashed" and don't enjoy other facets of life.  Luke and Levi the boys in Jesus Camp went to a Rennaisance Fair in Kansas City this weekend.  How much more exposed to diversity can you get. So you can be a Christian and enjoy other things in this world.  You don't ignore the rest of the world you embrace it.  By the way, I'm still working on that!    :wink1a:

Rock on! i hope they enjoyed themselves. glad to see that crazy motivational speaker lady didn't get to them too much.
Goddess Bless

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
They said they had a great time.    Becky isn't crazy either, she just places all her focus on God and how to show kids how important it is to stand up for your beliefs.  As she says the Muslims start training their children from a very early age to hate and destroy.  She wants people to start training kids from a very early age how to love God and stand up for Him.
Most people start training their kids, whether they know it or not, at an early age.  Children see parents smoking, they think it's OK to smoke.  They see parents drinking, they grow up thinking it is OK to drink (which by the way I think is OK in moderation, although I don't drink),
it is proven that if boys see they father beating their mother, they are more likely to be an abuser.  Could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.  Is that brainwashing?  Of course not, but it does set a pattern.  Becky is just trying to set a pattern.  Some of the kids at her camp will follow that pattern others won't.

But you are right, Luke and Levi, rock!!!   :th_thicon_super:

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »
Children see parents smoking, they think it's OK to smoke.  They see parents drinking, they grow up thinking it is OK to drink (which by the way I think is OK in moderation, although I don't drink),

getting off topic for a moment. in some cases you are right, but a lot of it also has to do with peer pressure and the child in question. i grew up in a house that had drinking and smoking. my grandfather smokes ciggarettes and drinks like a fish. my dad's side of teh family are also heavy drinkers. i can't stand the taste of alcohol nor do i desire to smoke. my sister is the same way. growing up, we certianly had our fair share of opportunities to try drugs, get into partying, take up smoking but we didn't. my brother on the other hand, he used to drink heavily on his days off (not sure if he still does), when he was with his ex-wife, he smoked. in highscool, he got involved with light drug use because of his friends. it's not always a case of they see mom and dad doing it so it must be ok. it's also a phase thing, the excitment of the possiblity of getting caught. and when the child is old enough for it to be legal, chances are they will stop their bad habits. but that isn't always the case either. and i am ranting now, so i am going to stop and find something else to do. :rant:
Goddess Bless

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
You are right, it isn't always that way, my dad died of cirrosis (i know it is spelled wrong) my mom of lung cancer and I don't drink or smoke.  But in a lot of cases it is true. It's funny how two kids can grow up in the same house, one of them turns out to be a well adjusted tax paying citizen and the other turns out to be a drug using, non working, burden for the rest of our taxes to support.  Don't know how that happens but you are right, it does.