Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: HISTORY VALIDATES THE RESURRECTION  (Read 12278 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
HISTORY VALIDATES THE RESURRECTION
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:22:44 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Christianity is a faith based on real events which really happened in time and space. It is not a mystical faith based on good feelings. The miracles of Jesus were His calling card; i.e., the validation of His claim to be God. The resurrection was His proof of identification. Even more importantly, the death and resurrection of Jesus were God's method for sinful mankind to stand forgiven before Him. God's nature demands payment for wrongdoing, yet He is merciful beyond comprehension. How can these two contrasting sides of God be reconciled?
    Without acknowledgment of the factual nature of the resurrection, Christianity is nothing but smoke and mirrors; just another spiritual attempt to explain reality based on man's opinion. The two most prevalent attempts to explain away Christ's resurrection will be examined in this article. In spite of the obvious historical accuracy of the Bible, there have been many alternative explanations for the missing body of Christ. Liberal theologians have even speculated that Christ's body ended up in a ditch. Yet, Jewish laws would never have allowed this.
    The most popular excuse for rejecting Christianity is the idea that Christ did not really die on the cross. Although this has been suggested in recent years, rational thinking will discard this idea as pure nonsense. The very idea of a man reviving after he has been brutally beaten, nailed to a cross, pierced with a spear, and tightly wrapped with a suffocating cloth is ridiculous. For such a person to push aside a huge stone and sneak past trained guards is ludicrous. Even more remarkable was the effect the appearance of Jesus had on His disciples. They were transformed from a group of sniveling cowards into men who traveled the world, preaching that Jesus was God and had risen from the dead. Because of their message, all but John died horrible deaths of torture. Merely changing their story would have spared them this persecution. They had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose if their story wasn't true. Would a half-dead Jesus, who had dragged Himself from the tomb to their doorstep, have inspired this response?
    The second attack on reality has been around since before the moment of resurrection -- the idea that the disciples stole the body. The religious leaders who had Jesus murdered, feared this possibility and took the logical precautions to prevent this from happening. The sealed tomb was guarded day and night. How could a group of "rag tag" Jewish fishermen have overpowered a group of highly trained and motivated guards? How could they have moved a huge stone and sneaked away with the body unseen and unheard? The very fact that guards were posted adds credibility to the fact of the resurrection. If any of the details reported in the Bible were false; they would have been successfully refuted by the Jewish leaders. Although they tried, they were unsuccessful in their attempt to discredit the facts of the resurrection. Evidence for the truth of the resurrection was apparent to the thousands who converted to Christianity soon after the event. The rapid spread of this persecuted faith is perhaps the greatest evidence of its reality. The facts of the resurrection were checked by converts of that day and led to changed lives. They still do today.
    Christianity has nothing to fear from those honestly searching for the truth. It is based on logical evidence surrounding real events in time and space, not mystical faith based on good feelings.
                                                                                          -Bruce Malone    (better?)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
Re: HISTORY VALIDATES THE RESURRECTION
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »
Or it just never happened. That is most likely. Why should I believe any part of the story?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »
Is that GWAR schooling Jesus at some hoops.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
 Nice cut and paste, where did you find it?  I'd be careful with the statement "the validation of His claim to be God" that doesn't go very well with a monotheistic religion. The God of the old testament is very serious about having no god but him. If I remember correctly that is the unforgivable sin.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »
no it idsn't re read the bible and you'll find the unforgivable sin. you can be forgiven for breaking a commandment.

Offline WinterSerenity

• Tollerance starts with an open mind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »
    Christianity is a faith based on real events which really happened in time and space. It is not a mystical faith based on good feelings. The miracles of Jesus were His calling card; i.e., the validation of His claim to be God. The resurrection was His proof of identification. Even more importantly, the death and resurrection of Jesus were God's method for sinful mankind to stand forgiven before Him. God's nature demands payment for wrongdoing, yet He is merciful beyond comprehension. How can these two contrasting sides of God be reconciled?
    Without acknowledgment of the factual nature of the resurrection, Christianity is nothing but smoke and mirrors; just another spiritual attempt to explain reality based on man's opinion. The two most prevalent attempts to explain away Christ's resurrection will be examined in this article. In spite of the obvious historical accuracy of the Bible, there have been many alternative explanations for the missing body of Christ. Liberal theologians have even speculated that Christ's body ended up in a ditch. Yet, Jewish laws would never have allowed this.
    The most popular excuse for rejecting Christianity is the idea that Christ did not really die on the cross. Although this has been suggested in recent years, rational thinking will discard this idea as pure nonsense. The very idea of a man reviving after he has been brutally beaten, nailed to a cross, pierced with a spear, and tightly wrapped with a suffocating cloth is ridiculous. For such a person to push aside a huge stone and sneak past trained guards is ludicrous. Even more remarkable was the effect the appearance of Jesus had on His disciples. They were transformed from a group of sniveling cowards into men who traveled the world, preaching that Jesus was God and had risen from the dead. Because of their message, all but John died horrible deaths of torture. Merely changing their story would have spared them this persecution. They had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose if their story wasn't true. Would a half-dead Jesus, who had dragged Himself from the tomb to their doorstep, have inspired this response?
    The second attack on reality has been around since before the moment of resurrection -- the idea that the disciples stole the body. The religious leaders who had Jesus murdered, feared this possibility and took the logical precautions to prevent this from happening. The sealed tomb was guarded day and night. How could a group of "rag tag" Jewish fishermen have overpowered a group of highly trained and motivated guards? How could they have moved a huge stone and sneaked away with the body unseen and unheard? The very fact that guards were posted adds credibility to the fact of the resurrection. If any of the details reported in the Bible were false; they would have been successfully refuted by the Jewish leaders. Although they tried, they were unsuccessful in their attempt to discredit the facts of the resurrection. Evidence for the truth of the resurrection was apparent to the thousands who converted to Christianity soon after the event. The rapid spread of this persecuted faith is perhaps the greatest evidence of its reality. The facts of the resurrection were checked by converts of that day and led to changed lives. They still do today.
    Christianity has nothing to fear from those honestly searching for the truth. It is based on logical evidence surrounding real events in time and space, not mystical faith based on good feelings.

how is Christianity persecuted? no one is holding a gun to your head and telling you to convert. no one is telling you your beliefs are wrong. no one is waging a crusade against your faith killing of hundreds of "believers" because someone got scared and found Christianity as a scape goat. quit trying to act like a victim. and quit copy and pasting all your posts without siting your resources. it makes you look dumb.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 04:28:46 PM »
 You are who to talk to me like that? Oh yea a 25 year old mixed up kid who thinks she's a witch.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »
no one is telling you your beliefs are wrong.

I have been telling everyone their beliefs are wrong. Even people that believe what I believe. I try not to discriminate.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
You are who to talk to me like that? Oh yea a 25 year old mixed up kid who thinks she's a witch.

mixed up? get over yourself. i know who i am, i do not claim to be a witch. i am a pagan. i believe in duel deity and balance. i believe in mother earth. i believe all life should be respected and honored. i believe in karma. i don't believe others should go shoving their beliefs in other peoples faces just because "their god is better" or "they have a book that tells them god is real". faith comes from the heart, not a book. and i will say what i please, i respect my elders when they show me respect in return. you have done no such thing, there fore, i shall talk to you how i please.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »
So you think that you have the right to say what you please, but I (twice your age) don't?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »
So you think that you have the right to say what you please, but I (twice your age) don't?

You need to find another outlet for your persecution and inferiority complexes. 

Perhaps feeding the poor or preaching to the poor.

Imagine how many people you could have helped in the time you spend online!

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »

everyone is entitled to say their piece, but if you post info from someone else without siting them, that is plagiarism. it is you taking credit for their work. and crying about your faith and how no one will convert to your way of thinking makes you look like a spoiled child.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »
 Unlike your goofy world;  Christians, and Creation Scientists encourage the sharing, and copying of information without the threat of suing each other. We are all fighting the same fight. (The Good Fight)
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
Unlike your goofy world;  Christians, and Creation Scientists encourage the sharing, and copying of information without the threat of suing each other. We are all fighting the same fight. (The Good Fight)

What do you DO that is Christian, besides SAYING you are one, over and over?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

that won't hold up in  court of law. it's still illegal. or do laws not apply to you because you follow the bible?
Goddess Bless

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »
If you publish someone elses writing without attributing the source, you violate the copyright law of this country. Am I mistaken in thinking that your god and your good book teach you to obey the law? (render unto Caesar? 1 Peter 2:12-17?)

You have been reading too much of your good buddy Dr. Dino, who apparently thinks this biblical admonition doesn't apply to him.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
  Say whatever you want but you can't take away the fact that we have the "resurrection' to back our religion! And you have nothing more than a  feeling. (a fallible human feeling)
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »
  Say whatever you want but you can't take away the fact that we have the "resurrection' to back our religion! And you have nothing more than a  feeling. (a fallible human feeling)

Your every post proves you merely use Christianity to prop yourself above all others, as if you are someone special because you claim to be a Christian.

I ask again, name the things you DO in the name of Christianity?

Do you feed the hungry?
Do you give shelter to the homeless?
Do you DO anything at all in the name of Christianity for your fellow man?

Cuz all I see is a lot of yakkity yak, my religion is better than all others, we are superior, we are the best, everything in the Bible is right,
everyone else is wrong, yadda yadda yadda.

What does your religion do other than inflate your sense of superiority over all others?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »
It isn't right to talk about what you do.

Your every post proves you merely use Christianity to prop yourself above all others, as if you are someone special because you claim to be a Christian.

I ask again, name the things you DO in the name of Christianity?

Do you feed the hungry?
Do you give shelter to the homeless?
Do you DO anything at all in the name of Christianity for your fellow man?

Cuz all I see is a lot of yakkity yak, my religion is better than all others, we are superior, we are the best, everything in the Bible is right,
everyone else is wrong, yadda yadda yadda.

What does your religion do other than inflate your sense of superiority over all others?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »

you have a fable, a story, a myth. jesus might have existed, but i doubt he was the great mystical man you believe him to be. he was a man. a MAN. again, you are putting your faith into the bible.. not god. you are puting your belief into a book of stories. the book of stories is not your god. the book of stories is nothing more then guidelines for how you should live. nothing more. it does not prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that god exists. i know the gods exist. i see them every day. i see them in the face of my husband when he smiles at me. i hear them in the laughter of children and in the rain that falls from the sky. they are in the plants that grow from the earth and the earth itself. they are in kindness and compasion. they are in the wind and in my heart beat. i don't need a book to prove to me they exist. i have faith.
Goddess Bless

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 09:05:44 PM »
   It is possible that I have more kindness and compassion than you think. Maybe, I think its better to hurt someones feelings a little than to see them missing out on eternal life, and the beauty of knowing God.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline WinterSerenity

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
what you fail to realize, mark, is that i know god's love. just not the christian god. i never said you weren't compassionate or kind. i don't know you well enough to say that. what i am saying is that you follow a book blindly. you put your faith and your stock in a collection of stories. you have no right to judge anyone based on that.
Goddess Bless

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »
Yes.  Jesus gets owned.

Is that GWAR schooling Jesus at some hoops.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
   It is possible that I have more kindness and compassion than you think. Maybe, I think its better to hurt someones feelings a little than to see them missing out on eternal life, and the beauty of knowing God.

More talk.

If all it takes is to be a jerk to non-believers until you bully or force them to belive in Christianity, the Bible would be a lot shorter.

So tell us, what do you DO, besides TALK, to help your fellow man?

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 11:43:49 PM »
What does your age have to do with anything?

Age does not automatically justify your stance on anything. 

HOW you have lived your life is more important than how long you have lived your life.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 01:43:06 AM »
since when is it a requirement for christians to help others? only christians "have" to help the less fortunate?

I don't think those recieving the help care what religion the helpers are, I don't either. Kindness should be something we should all participate in to help those in need. and you don't need to tell anyone what you do or did to help someone. it is just the right thing to do.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 03:02:05 AM »
You mean... Christianity is not the source of all morality?  I thought that you thought that your Bible was the source of morality...

Why is it different now?

since when is it a requirement for christians to help others? only christians "have" to help the less fortunate?

I don't think those recieving the help care what religion the helpers are, I don't either. Kindness should be something we should all participate in to help those in need. and you don't need to tell anyone what you do or did to help someone. it is just the right thing to do.

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 03:04:32 AM »
 ***(**& ++Karma to you Fish
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!

Offline silvanusmoonspirit

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 03:25:47 AM »
It may appear to you that your religion has validity because of the resurrection, but Paganism also has resurrection stories. There was a Goddess that went to the underworld and returned after three days. And then there was Persephone who went to the underworld for the three winter months and returned to the living world in the spring. I guess many divine beings died and were resurrected.
If Jesus were alive today and everything was as it currently is, what would Jesus be considered? Here is a man that walks around and heals people with his hands. He probably isn't going to be considered a Jew or a Christian. He would either be locked up in a mental institute or called a witch. Here is some reasoning for the last statement (not that this is correct, but to make you stop and think) http://www.foxygoddess.com/articles/jcwitch.htm
Merry Meet and Merry Part, Bright the cheek and warm the heart!
Blessed Be!