Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: McCaskill Needs to Go  (Read 1384 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
McCaskill Needs to Go
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

OUr guns are not about hunting nor is there such a thing as a gunshow loop hole.  I have already given discourse on the assault weapons ban.  The way they want to do this, will include such "assault weapons" as the Ruger 10-22.  they don't even know the definition of the term.  This letter is a canned response to questions posed to her about guns.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you, and I welcome the chance to respond.

Over the past year, a number of tragic shootings have occurred throughout the nation. As these incidents refocus national attention on the gun safety debate, we should strive to achieve common ground on the issue and we must take great care not to politicize the suffering of others.

Protecting innocent victims while at the same time protecting the gun ownership rights of law-abiding citizens is obviously still a work in progress. As a former prosecutor, I think we must do a better job on background checks for court-determined, dangerous mental conditions at the time of all gun sales. Also, I think we should consider placing certain restrictions on assault weapons and closing the gun show loophole. However, it is important that any attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures must not infringe upon law-abiding citizens’ right to own firearms or unduly burden the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri. As your United States Senator, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind anytime Congress considers gun safety legislation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding other matters of interest or concern to you.

All best,
Senator Claire McCaskill

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
Re: McCaskill Needs to Go
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »
I "don't have a dog in this fight" about guns.  But I agree she needs to go for other reasons.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
What did she say that was radical?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »
Claire does not agree we should be able to BEAR arms  she believes we should only have them to hunt or target shoot.  Read her canned letter carefully.  There is no such thing as a gun show loophole and she still wants the AWB, which I totally disagree wtih.  She would not know a real Assault Weapon if she saw it.  She, like Nobama want to completely sotp any and all private sales of firearms between individuals.  She wants REGISTRATION which equals CONFISCATION down the line.  She also states Unduly Burden.  Is there something about Shall Not Be Infringed, she does not understand?  The 2d Amendment is NOT about hunting.  It is about fighting tyranny and protecting ourselves from criminals as well those in government who would abuse us.  She would prefer only the Elite keep guns to protect themselves form the common peons.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 04:50:02 PM »
The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Infringed = violated.  It's very simple to me.  It's my right to own any types and numbers of guns.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:00:20 PM »
Claire does not agree we should be able to BEAR arms  she believes we should only have them to hunt or target shoot.  Read her canned letter carefully.  There is no such thing as a gun show loophole and she still wants the AWB, which I totally disagree wtih.  She would not know a real Assault Weapon if she saw it.  She, like Nobama want to completely sotp any and all private sales of firearms between individuals.  She wants REGISTRATION which equals CONFISCATION down the line.  She also states Unduly Burden.  Is there something about Shall Not Be Infringed, she does not understand?  The 2d Amendment is NOT about hunting.  It is about fighting tyranny and protecting ourselves from criminals as well those in government who would abuse us.  She would prefer only the Elite keep guns to protect themselves form the common peons.

How many tyrants have you fought?

Shouldn't you turn in your guns if the answer is zero?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:28 PM »
you are missing the point. gun ownership by the people prevents tyrany from forming.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Infringed = violated.  It's very simple to me.  It's my right to own any types and numbers of guns.

Your right to bear arms isn't intrinsically protected by the constitution. Our founders could have absolutely protected the second amendment, but they chose not to. This should be kept in mind when debating whether or not the second amendment applies to all weapons.

Article V
"The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate."
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »
The 2d Amendment ENUMERATED  a God-Given right.  I am aware of the Article.  I have a God-Given right to protect me and mine.  I will not turn in my guns nor will I sell them.  As for tyrants.  they have a difficult time rearing their heads when CITIZENS are armed.

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »
MN  Don't feed the trolls.

And remember what Tater Salad said, "You can't fix stupid."

$
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 03:49:07 AM »
it says arms,it doesn't specify type.