Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Almost 20 more arrested in local drug roundup..  (Read 15364 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Almost 20 more arrested in local drug roundup..
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Attention all media. We have a breaking news story in Pulaski County today.  We are serving another set of drug warrants. There are less than 20 warrants so the size of the story is much smaller. The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department will hold a live news conference at 2:00pm on Oct. 8, 2008. The conference will be held at the Pulaski County Visitors Center , which is located on St. Robert Blvd. , on the north side of I-44. The Visitor Center is located halfway between Cracker Barrel and Wal-Mart.  It is next door to Ruby Tuesday. All of these buildings are plainly visible from I-44. The Visitor Center has a large sign on the front parking lot and lots of space in the parking lot at the rear of the building. You are requested to use the rear lot. The news conference will be held in the meeting room on the second floor.

Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS INFORMATION IN ANY WAY PRIOR TO 12 NOON ON OCT. 8, 2008

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Almost 20 more arested in local drug roundup..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
  Why do they save up the arrests instead of arresting them on the spot? (just curious)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
  Why do they save up the arrests instead of arresting them on the spot? (just curious)

It was probably an undercover cop situation. By not arresting them at the time, the police officer doesn't lose his cover identity. He also gets to build trust and relationships with the criminals and eventually their suppliers. Shoot. He could set up a meeting and have the cops raid the house. Then he could get arrested as well, in doing so he would gain their trust even more.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
Pulaski County Sheriff JB King, Missouri State Highway Patrol Sargent Darryl Suhr, and LANEG Director Shaun  Satterfield held a press conference at The Visitors Bureau in St. Robert today to inform the media of the arrests, and charges filed in connection with a sting operation conducted in Pulaski County. The arrests made in connection with this year long under cover sting also include arrests made from routine investigations. The arrests were a joint effort of the Sheriff's Department, LANEG, the State Highway patrol, along with other area agencies..  There were 20 warrants with a total of 31 charges files. Each charge has a $15,000.00 cash bond set, for a total of around  $460,000.00.

The arrests were the result of direct buys and overt techniques. The lowest charge was a Class C Felony, and the highest was a Class B Felony. The types of drugs involved were Marijuana, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and Heroin. Charges stemmed for possession to sales. At press time there were 10 in custody plus 4 that were already in custody on other charges, with six still missing.

The Sheriffs department wants to remind everyone that this is a result of the area law enforcements agencies taking the local drug problem very seriously. All of today's arrests were described as routine.. Further information will be available as it becomes available.

Rick Lepard

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline debhake

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
Way to go to all agencies involved!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »
That was an AWESOME news article.  Look out Darrell.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
Whoo Hoo, Way to go LE!!
Now, I guess we need to be wishing good thoughts for the prosecuting attorney.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
My first news article.. I bet ya I do many more, and I bet I wrote something wrong too..

Hehe Yeah Suhr is a Sergeant not an Officer. :-)
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 09:26:20 PM »
That's a good idea, I could do my own news site and beat all the local media to all the stories.. I will have to give that some more thought.. I bet if I covered all the news it would pretty much make the Daily Guide obsolete to insigificant.. Would you keep paying for news if I had it for free?

That was an AWESOME news article.  Look out Darrell.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
Officer like police officer I meant.. Am I way off on the terminology..

Hehe Yeah Suhr is a Sergeant not an Officer. :-)

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
Officer like police officer I meant.. Am I way off on the terminology..

I got what you were saying but in the "police world" it makes a big difference. :D
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
That's a good idea, I could do my own news site and beat all the local media to all the stories.. I will have to give that some more thought.. I bet if I covered all the news it would pretty much make the Daily Guide obsolete to insigificant.. Would you keep paying for news if I had it for free?

Bah, didn't you say you weren't competing with the DG?
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
I said that?  Might have..  It's just a thought, not like I am fixing to go full steam ahead competing with them, besides I am not ready to work 100 hours a week like Darell Todd Maurina does, and a reporter I am not! But it is a good idea, should I? Would you all like all the news, all free, I could hire some independent reporters.. I could write some my self too.. This ain't rocket science.. LOL

Bah, didn't you say you weren't competing with the DG?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »
These are great ideas, Darrell, watch out.. I can add the dumb perspective to the news easily.. Already I think this is better reading..

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »
I said that?  Might have..  It's just a thought, not like I am fixing to go full steam ahead competing with them, besides I am not ready to work 100 hours a week like Darell Todd Maurina does, and a reporter I am not! But it is a good idea, should I? Would you all like all the news, all free, I could hire some independent reporters.. I could write some my self too.. This ain't rocket science.. LOL

You have been for a long time dude, just not formally.

I've even heard it whispered on the grapevine that it vas verboten for any DG employees to post here for years because the board was their "competition."

I think the 911 issue way back when was the catalyst.

Mwahahahahahaa
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »
Actually traffic has been pretty steady since day one.. Several times I actually made efforts to slow it down some. Remember the old board had 8000 members... 911 thread, we should resurect that.. LOL .. Verbotten eh? Darrell writes in here now..

You have been for a long time dude, just not formally.

I've even heard it whispered on the grapevine that it vas verboten for any DG employees to post here for years because the board was their "competition."

I think the 911 issue way back when was the catalyst.

Mwahahahahahaa

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 01:17:51 AM »
Yeah, the new ownership took off the leash.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: Almost 20 more arrested in local drug roundup..
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 03:00:00 AM »
Yeah, the new ownership took off the leash.

Clarification -- There has been no change of owners. There has a been a change of publishers.

The publisher who made the no-post rule is no longer my boss, and the exact purpose of the no-post rule was never clearly explained.

The new publisher has no rule either way. The company, however, **DOES** have rules specifying that if reporters participate on other sites we must do so openly and not anonymously, and make clear that we are not representing the official position of the company (unless I am in fact doing that for some specific purpose). I don't think those rules apply outside the news department.

So for clarification, whatever you see under my name is me talking, not the company. But I don't think anybody ever questioned that.

Regards,
DTM
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 04:07:57 AM »
http://pulaskicountyweb.com/phone%20020.3gp
http://pulaskicountyweb.com/phone%20021.3gp

Volume is low, tried some filming with my phone today.. JB mentioned I should buy a real camera.. Not bad for a phone JB.. Had I moved closer it would be better..

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 04:17:06 AM »
http://pulaskicountyweb.com/phone%20020.3gp
http://pulaskicountyweb.com/phone%20021.3gp

Volume is low, tried some filming with my phone today.. JB mentioned I should buy a real camera.. Not bad for a phone JB.. Had I moved closer it would be better..
Who was asking the questions?
 And i agree with JB get a real camera. (((**&^^%
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 04:19:04 AM »
How long will it be before there names are released?
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Desrt Sky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 04:22:29 AM »
Rick said to tell you it was the hardest working man reporting the news in this area, DTM.

Who was asking the questions?
 And i agree with JB get a real camera. (((**&^^%

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:38 AM »
Would have to go to the courthouse to get that, I figure the hardest working man in news may have it tommorow..

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »

Arrests Made Following Drug Investigation In Pulaski County

News Release

For further information please contact: Sergeant Dan Crain
573-368-2345
I10A08
October 9, 2008

EMPHASIS: Arrests Made Following Drug Investigation In Pulaski County

Captain Luke Vislay, director of the Division of Drug and Crime Control, announces the results of a joint narcotics investigation in Pulaski County.

On October 8, 2008, members of the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group (LANEG), the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and the St. Robert Police Department arrested the following subjects for various drug-related felony charges:
1. Charles Reyes, 28, Richland
2. Charles Pitts, 49, Rolla
3. Ronald Carter, 48, Lebanon
4. William Redman, 30, St. Robert
5. William Cooper, 46, Crocker
6. Jennifer Ireland, 25, St. Robert
7. Tracy Miller-Norton, 33, Dixon
8. Joseph Trotter, 28, Laquey
9. Darla Babcock, 36, Waynesville
10. Colleen White, 50, Newburg
11. Larry Sinclair, 46, Dixon

Luke Daniels, 26, of Waynesville, and Jack Claxton, 45, of Lebanon, are currently housed in a Missouri Department of Corrections facility and will be arrested on felony drug-related charges as soon as practicable.

These arrests were the result of both covert and overt investigations conducted by the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group and the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department over an eight-month period. Seven additional subjects are being sought on felony charges related to this investigation. As a result of this investigation, a total of 31 felony charges were issued on 20 subjects. These charges varied from sales of a controlled substance, a class B felony, to possession of drug paraphernalia, a class D felony. Although some of the defendants resided outside of the Pulaski County area, all of the above mentioned crimes occurred within Pulaski County. The cash only bond amount for these 20 subjects totaled $460,000. The types of drugs seized during this investigation included methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and heroin.

The Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group is a multi-jurisdictional drug task force. Its members include the sheriff’s departments of Pulaski, Camden, Dallas, Laclede, Gasconade, and Crawford counties, as well as the Lebanon and Osage Beach police departments. LANEG is governed by a board of directors and is coordinated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The above charges are mere accusations and are not evidence of guilt. Evidence in support of these charges must be presented before a court of competent jurisdiction whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.
(###)

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »
Arrests Made Following Drug Investigation In Pulaski County

News Release

For further information please contact: Sergeant Dan Crain
573-368-2345
I10A08
October 9, 2008

EMPHASIS: Arrests Made Following Drug Investigation In Pulaski County

Captain Luke Vislay, director of the Division of Drug and Crime Control, announces the results of a joint narcotics investigation in Pulaski County.

On October 8, 2008, members of the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group (LANEG), the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and the St. Robert Police Department arrested the following subjects for various drug-related felony charges:
1. Charles Reyes, 28, Richland
2. Charles Pitts, 49, Rolla
3. Ronald Carter, 48, Lebanon
4. William Redman, 30, St. Robert
5. William Cooper, 46, Crocker
6. Jennifer Ireland, 25, St. Robert
7. Tracy Miller-Norton, 33, Dixon
8. Joseph Trotter, 28, Laquey
9. Darla Babcock, 36, Waynesville
10. Colleen White, 50, Newburg
11. Larry Sinclair, 46, Dixon

Luke Daniels, 26, of Waynesville, and Jack Claxton, 45, of Lebanon, are currently housed in a Missouri Department of Corrections facility and will be arrested on felony drug-related charges as soon as practicable.

These arrests were the result of both covert and overt investigations conducted by the Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group and the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department over an eight-month period. Seven additional subjects are being sought on felony charges related to this investigation. As a result of this investigation, a total of 31 felony charges were issued on 20 subjects. These charges varied from sales of a controlled substance, a class B felony, to possession of drug paraphernalia, a class D felony. Although some of the defendants resided outside of the Pulaski County area, all of the above mentioned crimes occurred within Pulaski County. The cash only bond amount for these 20 subjects totaled $460,000. The types of drugs seized during this investigation included methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and heroin.

The Lake Area Narcotics Enforcement Group is a multi-jurisdictional drug task force. Its members include the sheriff’s departments of Pulaski, Camden, Dallas, Laclede, Gasconade, and Crawford counties, as well as the Lebanon and Osage Beach police departments. LANEG is governed by a board of directors and is coordinated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The above charges are mere accusations and are not evidence of guilt. Evidence in support of these charges must be presented before a court of competent jurisdiction whose duty is to determine guilt or innocence.
(###)
Thanks DTG :th_gen129:   ***(**&

Offline ontopofthings

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »
This list is all well and good. Unfortunately, most of these names are people who have lived in this area their entire lives. I'd really like to know how many of these have been arrested before for the same thing. I know that several of them have. Once again, we are going after the little guys....the users...the smalltime dearlers. These people sell enough to get their high for the day. Where are they getting what they are selling? The people on this list do not have money! I am thankful that these people are off the street and unable to use for the time being. However, what does the system have in place to make sure the next time they are released, that they have the opportunity to clean up and live a productive life in our community?? Also, what about the big guys that are supplying these guys? When are we going to go that extra step to make sure they are removed from our community. I know the names of many of these people and so do the LE. NONE of which appear on this list!!! There was a recent text message sent naming one person in particular who was dispensing "free samples".....of heroin no less. I won't mention names, not allowed on here, but he is busy again tonight. Drove by just to see if there was yellow tape around his place. No such luck! Someone please explain why!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 11:20:48 PM »
Ask the prosecutor and judges.

Offline ontopofthings

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 11:38:53 PM »
What do the prosecutor and judges have to do with making the arrests? We have to first get them in the system before they can do what needs to be done to remove the big guys from our community. As for having something in place for the ones that were picked up today....I will bet there is nothing. I recently heard....rumor only...that one of the little guys was recently released after having spent a couple months in our jail. He overdosed last night and is in intensive care. This sort of thing should not be happening. There are grants all over the place for addiction treatment and our county has nothing in place. I don't understand why. I am a concerned citizen and have done my research. Things can be put into place that can make a difference. In comparison to other counties, we are failing.

Offline ontopofthings

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 11:41:07 PM »
Come on....it's not rocket science...We need to do something to help clean up the users and the dealers will leave for lack of business!