Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Joe Sixpack Called: Stop Lying to Americans Palin!  (Read 9646 times)

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Joe Sixpack Called: Stop Lying to Americans Palin!
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:40:48 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

On top of the $150,000 wardrobe for September, the highest paid campaign staffer on McCain's staff?

PALIN's MAKEUP ARTIST?!?!?!

Yep.

Lipstick on a pig indeed.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/24/pains-makeup-stylist-fetches-highest-salary-in-2-week-period/

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

In September, Ms. Strozzi was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “GOTV CONSULTING,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

There has been much scrutiny this week, of course, over the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.
The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Sixpack Called: Stop Lying to Americans Palin!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
Yes, but Ms. Stozzi did an amazing job. You also have to consider how much work she had to put in. I mean really, look what she had to work with. Here are the never before seen "before and after" pictures.

Before                                                               After
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »
Here is a picture from the Wasilla mayoral debate. She did her own make-up back then. She should have taken it easy on the rouge, and someone should have told her that black rouge is for polishing metal.

Ugly Witch by Katka S..
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
On top of the $150,000 wardrobe for September, the highest paid campaign staffer on McCain's staff?

PALIN's MAKEUP ARTIST?!?!?!

Yep.

Lipstick on a pig indeed.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/24/pains-makeup-stylist-fetches-highest-salary-in-2-week-period/

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

In September, Ms. Strozzi was also paid $13,200 for “communications consulting.” But several individuals were paid more by the McCain campaign that month, including Mike DuHaime, the political director, who received $25,000 for “GOTV CONSULTING,” and Mark Salter, one of Mr. McCain’s senior advisers, who got $13,224 in salary.

There has been much scrutiny this week, of course, over the $150,000 Republican National Committee spent outfitting Ms. Palin in September at high-end department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, as well as for makeup services.
The campaign finance reports filed on Thursday night, which showed the McCain campaign and the R.N.C. had about $84 million left in the bank on Oct. 15, did not immediately appear to show any similar payments in the first half of October.
First off, the clothes that the Republican party bought, is either going to be returned (those unused), sold or auctioned off (possibly donated?)  Second, the other candidates are male and for most males, just a few suits can make up their wardrobe.  A man can wear the same suit numerous times (hopefully cleaning inbetween!) BUT, a woman is held to a different standard.  Palin, like the majority of us women, would have to wear the same outfits a number of times (with all the televised public appearances), if the Republican party did not supply her clothes, I can guarantee the media would make it "big news" if she wore the same outfit more then once, like they did about her shoes!  I would expect the Democrats to do the same had they had a female candidate.  To me, it is understandable, especially since the media has made such a "ta-do" over Palin's clothes, and shoes (they did the same with Hillary and do it with most females).  Third, Palin didn't do the shopping!  Palin never had a salary like the other candidates so, her wardrobe would be more like the majority of us out here!  Fourth, Palin, being a woman is under more scrutinizing for her appearance then any of the male candidates.  Having a professional makeup artist, veruses her doing it herself, eliminates many of the makeup "mistakes" women make.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
First off, ask McCain of McCain-Feingold about converting campaign contributions for personal use.

Then get back to me.

She could spend 10% of that out of her own pocket, like the rest of those running for President/VP are doing, INCLUDING McCAIN, and follow the law.

After that, let's talk about the uproar for the cost of a certain Senator from NC's hairbuts.

Hypocrisy at its finest., yet you show no shame.

Guess what?

This ain't a beauty pagent!

Let's see...selling the plane, firing the chef, firing the driver, charging the state to run your kids around the country, putting in a tanning booth, spending more than 99% of Pulaski County makes in 7 years in one month of clothes, spending more than the median income for a year in Pulaski County for 2 weeks of makeup.

Yeah, real classy.  I want her one heartbeat away from running our country.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
Why is O'bama being so quiet?  Maybe he doesn't want to tell what campaign money his wife has spent on clothes for her "speaking engagements?"  And frankly, she could also use a hair stylest.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »
So Biden's $2 mil in family "business" relationships aren't questionable I presume? 

He doesn't need to be a heartbeat away.

Hell, he isn't even loyal to his running mate - take note of the gaffes.  It's like he thinks he is running against OB.  LOL

Whatever.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »
I think her hair looks good. What do you want her to look like? Sheneneh?

Michelle Obama

Sheneneh Jenkins (oh no you dident)
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
First off, ask McCain of McCain-Feingold about converting campaign contributions for personal use.

Then get back to me.

She could spend 10% of that out of her own pocket, like the rest of those running for President/VP are doing, INCLUDING McCAIN, and follow the law.

After that, let's talk about the uproar for the cost of a certain Senator from NC's hairbuts.

Hypocrisy at its finest., yet you show no shame.

Guess what?

This ain't a beauty pagent!

Let's see...selling the plane, firing the chef, firing the driver, charging the state to run your kids around the country, putting in a tanning booth, spending more than 99% of Pulaski County makes in 7 years in one month of clothes, spending more than the median income for a year in Pulaski County for 2 weeks of makeup.

Yeah, real classy.  I want her one heartbeat away from running our country.
Feingold the Democrat?
"Starting in late 1994 he [McCain] worked with Democratic Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold on campaign finance reform; their McCain-Feingold bill would attempt to put limits on "soft money", funds that corporations, unions, and other organizations could donate to political parties, which would then be funneled to political candidates in circumvention of "hard money" donation limits. From the start, McCain and Feingold's efforts were opposed by large money interests, by incumbents in both parties, by those who felt spending limits impinged on free political speech, and by those who wanted to lessen the power of what they saw as media bias. On the other hand, it garnered considerable sympathetic coverage in the national media, and from 1995 on, "maverick Republican" became a label frequently applied to McCain in stories. He has used the term himself, and one of the chapters in his 2002 memoir Worth the Fighting For would be titled "Maverick". The first version of the McCain-Feingold Act was introduced into the Senate in September 1995; it was filibustered in 1996 and never came to a vote."

Do YOU have proof McCain used/is using campaign funds for personal use OR, are you passing on left wing allegations?

The clothes are NOT and were NOT meant as a gift for Palin to keep.  She is the lowest paid candidate and once again I will say that I'm sure her wardrobe is closer to most of us "regular" people then the wardrobes of the other Candidates.  Women ARE held to a different standard then men especially when it comes to appearance.  FACT.  Hillary was criticized and ridiculed for some of her wardrobe choices, such as her pant suits.  How often have you heard the media make fun of the men's suits or choice of clothes?  This to me is nit-pickin, and I feel below your intellegence level, just MHO.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
Glamour Shots MIGHT help out Michelle.  She looks like a weight lifter in the picture you chose to show of her.  Also a very domineering personality, which keeps Obama in line I am sure.  this is a woman who was(?) ashamed of this country. 

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 06:11:41 PM »
Do YOU have proof of McCain used/is using campaign funds for personal use OR, are you passing on left wing allegations?

Don't take this the wrong way, but the comma comes before the coordinating conjunction. Generally I don't correct people on grammar, but you have good grammar other than one little problem. Just thought I might help.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
McCain can't run fast enough or far enough away from his horrible choice for VP.

Don't try playing the gender card, it only works when the woman in question isn't gold plating her resume for a run in 2012.

She's a disaster in designer clothes trailing a makeup artist who cost more for 2 weeks than most people in our county earn in a year.

But what do you expect from a beauty pageant runner up?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 06:35:29 PM »
McCain can't run fast enough or far enough away from his horrible choice for VP.

Don't try playing the gender card, it only works when the woman in question isn't gold plating her resume for a run in 2012.

She's a disaster in designer clothes trailing a makeup artist who cost more for 2 weeks than most people in our county earn in a year.

If, as you say I am playing the gender card then I play it for both sides, Hillary went through so much more crap then any of the men did during her run.  I honestly believe you are more intelligent then to stoop so low as to go after a person's appearance, as the media has.  The clothes are NOT her's to keep....  What does her having been in a beauty pageant have to do with anything?  Do you not think that Michelle Obama isn't using her hairstylist, makeup person, and her clothes as a tax write off?  Let's get off such petty things and discuss real issues, you are too intelligent for this, just MHO

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »
But what about that Fruit of the Loom black t-shirt and wrap-around skirt?  I change my view and think Obama should start giving her a little larger allowance!

I think her hair looks good. What do you want her to look like? Sheneneh?

Michelle Obama

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 06:50:44 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way, but the comma comes before the coordinating conjunction. Generally I don't correct people on grammar, but you have good grammar other than one little problem. Just thought I might help.
Thank you...... difficult to keep an eye on everything, especially when I'm trying to clean up a friend's computer  (keylogging, hijacked,  more viruses then I've ever seen, been a LONG week)

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:55 PM »
Guys -- and it is the guys here who don't seem to see their own hypocrisy -- lay off Palin on her clothes and makeup. You get the right to criticize her for spending too much money on clothes at the point that you convince not only yourselves but nearly all of your fellow males not to have a double standard for the appearance of men and women.

And this has nothing to do with Palin being a Republican. I've said the same thing before about female Democratic politicians, and public figures in the business and professional world who aren't political at all, but just are trying to climb the corporate ladder. In the real world, physical attractiveness, or at least a professional appearance for those who are not blessed with good looks, is very important to women in business or in politics or in many other professional fields.

Let's deal with some local issues. We have several female politicians and school officials who are very sensitive that when I take "mug shots" of them that are intended for repeated use, their hair has to be "just so." (Newspapers generally allow candidates to submit their own mug shots for file purposes, and women do that much more often than men.) For non-file photos, women get treated by my camera just like men, but we have more than one or two local female politicians who are raked over the coals mercilessly when I photograph them in an unflattering way. Does that surprise any of us? We have to deal with reality, and as long as women are going to be perceived as more competent or qualified based on their appearance, women will need to pay a lot of attention to their appearance.

Regards,
DTM
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 12:01:04 AM »

Hoho Mwahahaha - you should look in the mirror when posting.  You are infamous for playing the race card.

Now the gender card yourself?  Shame on you.  Yes.  I don't care how much money you have, or where you rank in the league of who's who in Missouri.  Your arguments are taunts.  Job well done, way to spread hope and change.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »
Okay, I have a question, and the only thing it means is I don't know the answer. Who buys the clothes for her if the ticket wins? She will still need to be well dressed and styled. Who will foot that bill. A veep surely doesn't make the kind of money it would take to keep up that pace.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 12:20:13 AM »
Okie, I suspect the answer to that will be based on long-established legal precedents having to do with gifts of clothes to first ladies of presidents and governors. We've had several "fashion plate" wives over the years of presidents and governors who accepted gifts from designers, and it's not unheard of for female anchors on television broadcasts to wear clothes that were provided as part of an advertising deal with their network or local station. And as much as I hate to say this, a Vice-President Sarah Palin would end up getting entangled in all kinds of stuff from designers trying to get her to wear their clothes.

Regards,
DTM
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:43 AM »
As long as I'm not footing the bill, lol.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:50:20 AM »
damn those dems are getting desparate. Sarah and any vp is expected to look a certain way when dealing with world leaders. a walmart wardrobe ain't gonna cut it.

just a snack, no big deal! And I am sure the iranian caviar was ordered without preconditions!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 01:53:23 AM »
What's your point? Who paid that bill?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 01:54:52 AM »
I am not saying that people in the spotlight don't need to be well groomed, I asked a legitimate question, and at least DTM gave me somewhat of an answer.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »
 good question. nobama has spent 605 mil so far. I am sure it was taken care of.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 02:10:59 AM »
Fish, that still has nothing to do with my question. If you don't know at least say you don't know.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 02:11:19 AM »
What's your point? Who paid that bill?
I'm not sure but, since it is during the campaign, I would say it will be a tax write off..... so, eventually the tax payers foot the bill BUT, it goes for the other side also!

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 02:14:53 AM »
damn those dems are getting desparate. Sarah and any vp is expected to look a certain way when dealing with world leaders. a walmart wardrobe ain't gonna cut it.

just a snack, no big deal! And I am sure the iranian caviar was ordered without preconditions!
I just read your last line.... without preconditions... LMAO, excellent!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 02:26:38 AM »
humor is alive!!

the point was who is paying for her clothes now? the RNC. Who will pay for her clothes when elected? I don't care, just as long as she and john are elected. But I am sure it will be legally and ethically taken care of.

michelle's bill? I am sure it was taken care of. the same source that paid for the plane, and nobama's flag.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 02:27:59 AM »
Can't we all just get along ::)   ;D   :wink1a:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 02:39:40 AM »
Spooky isn't it ???   :th_egypt:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.