Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Executive VP of Fox News: It's OVER for McCain  (Read 4510 times)

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Executive VP of Fox News: It's OVER for McCain
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:26:23 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/jmoody_1023/
  October 23rd, 2008 9:32 PM Eastern Moment of Truth    It had to happen.
Less than two weeks before we vote for a new president, a white woman says a black man attacked her, then scarred her face, and says there was a political motive for it.
Ashley Todd, a 20-year-old white volunteer for John McCain’s presidential campaign, says she was mugged at an ATM machine in Pittsburgh (my hometown) by a big black man. She further says he threw her down, then disfigured her by carving the letter “B” into her face with a sharp implement when he saw that she supported McCain, not Barack Obama.
Part of the appeal of, and the unspoken tension behind, Senator Obama’s campaign is his transformational status as the first African-American to win a major party’s presidential nomination.
That does not mean that he has erased the mutual distrust between black and white Americans, and this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.
If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator  Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.
If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.
For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
Re: Executive VP of Fox News: It's OVER for McCain
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
And the hits just keep rolling in:

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/10/24/reagan-appointee-and-recent-mccain-adviser-charles-fried-supports-obama.aspx

Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Charles Fried, a professor at Harvard Law School, has long been one of the most important conservative thinkers in the United States. Under President Reagan, he served, with great distinction, as Solicitor General of the United States. Since then, he has been prominently associated with several Republican leaders and candidates, most recently John McCain, for whom he expressed his enthusiastic support in January.

This week, Fried announced that he has voted for Obama-Biden by absentee ballot. In his letter to Trevor Potter, the General Counsel to the McCain-Palin campaign, he asked that his name be removed from the several campaign-related committees on which he serves. In that letter, he said that chief among the reasons for his decision "is the choice of Sarah Palin at a time of deep national crisis."

Fried is exceptionally thoughtful and principled; his vote for Obama is especially noteworthy.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »
The thing about this is...if Ashley Todd's story is true, the guy was out to rob her and might have done just that, but I have serious doubts about the "B" thing.  That cutting would have taken awhile to accomplish and the "B" is very nicely done on her cheek...not done as if a struggling woman were thrashing about.  I don't believe her at all and if she thinks that's doing her party any favors, she's quite the nut and I think the truth will be told.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »
this is stretched beyond belief for me.  BS

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:58:03 PM »
She's recanted already and admitted it was all a lie.

Charges against her are pending.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
LOL Was it the Backwards B on her cheek that gave it away!
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »
She's recanted already and admitted it was all a lie.

Charges against her are pending.
They should throw the book at her (literally also)!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 07:10:21 PM »
seems like both sides are stooping to levels that are almost childish.  Both loose my respect for that.  My vote still stands though.  Im not ready for us to give up in the middle east and let iran take over and cut offour energy supply off causing the colapse of America as we know it.
...and my gut feeling is that the US military will be diluted by Blue Helmets.  Our soldiers may not feel that an order to disarm is needed and may not follow that order.  But if we have no military made up of US citizens, the UN can easily take over.  I know this is way out there and far fetched I cant see McCain pulling that crap.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
seems like both sides are stooping to levels that are almost childish.  Both loose my respect for that.  My vote still stands though.  Im not ready for us to give up in the middle east and let iran take over and cut offour energy supply off causing the colapse of America as we know it.
...and my gut feeling is that the US military will be diluted by Blue Helmets.  Our soldiers may not feel that an order to disarm is needed and may not follow that order.  But if we have no military made up of US citizens, the UN can easily take over.  I know this is way out there and far fetched I cant see McCain pulling that crap.

Unfortunately that is why the ideas DON'T gain ground.  Nobody WANTS to believe it could happen.  I don't want to believe it could either, and for many years would have poo-pooed the very thought.

Not so much anymore.  The dynamics have changed dramatically.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
I can see Obama doing it though.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
I can see Obama doing it though.

yep, agreed for sure

Another funny staring us right in the face - the flip flop on political career intentions......he DOES have a higher goal (than POTUS) to aspire for - Sec General of the UN.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 08:11:20 PM »
Oh man, they were hoping SO HARD that it was true!

Before the revelation that the report was false, McCain spokeswoman Jill Hazelbaker said that McCain and running mate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin "spoke to the victim and her family after learning about the incident."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/mccain.sticker/index.html

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »
I don't call being the UN Secretary being higher than POTUS.  Just my thought on that particular subject.  They need to move the UN to a country that really appreciates them.  France or Germany perhaps?  I do not recognize them as having ANY authority in this country.  Keep your powder dry folks.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:30:56 PM »
Oh man, they were hoping SO HARD that it was true!

Before the revelation that the report was false, McCain spokeswoman Jill Hazelbaker said that McCain and running mate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin "spoke to the victim and her family after learning about the incident."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/mccain.sticker/index.html
Let's be fair here.... had it been an Obama supporter, both Obama and Biden would have done the same and I would have expected nothing less.  I don't think anyone here wants to see our choice in the upcoming vote a reason for violence, including the candidates.

I did not see a Pro McCain person even post about the "incident" when it first came out..... I believe you, a Pro Obama person, posted it....

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 08:44:13 PM »
You need a new hobby.

Autmotaically responding and trying to contradict my posts with vague holier than thou posts might make you feel better about yourself but don't really mean a whole lot.

Let's be fair?

If it were a black girl who accused a white politician of it, and it was a hoax...oh wait, that already happened, didn't it?

Let's look at where the story broke, who broke it and what the headlines were.

Drudge.

Obama Supporter Attacks and Mutilates McCAin Campaign Worker.

M'kay?

Point yer holier than thou gun elsewhere.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:16 PM »
When did a black girl accuse a white politician of something?  Are you talking about Tawana Brawley?  Falsley accusing 6 white men including a city prosecutor and some cops of raping her and rubbing feces on her for nearly a week and leaving her in an alley in a garbage bag?  So...finish your sentence.  What if it were a black girl?  Go on, what would have happened?

You need a new hobby.

If it were a black girl who accused a white politician of it, and it was a hoax...oh wait, that already happened, didn't it?

M'kay?

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 08:57:12 PM »
You need a new hobby.

Autmotaically responding and trying to contradict my posts with vague holier than thou posts might make you feel better about yourself but don't really mean a whole lot.

Let's be fair?

Let's look at where the story broke, who broke it and what the headlines were.

Drudge.

Obama Supporter Attacks and Mutilates McCAin Campaign Worker.

M'kay?

Wow, struck a cord somewhere.....  Holier than thou posts?  I speak my mind and that's exactly how I feel... Drudge may have put it on the internet BUT, you were the only one to open a topic on it.  Now that the topic has been opened, we have a right to post our thoughts, opinions, and facts.  The girl/woman in question NEVER accused a politician... Had it been true, would it have been Obama's fault?  NO. 

I responded to a post on here.  It just so happens it was your post..... Because I exercised MY right to freedom of speech (no hate words, no name calling, no insulting words) you seem to resent it.  Lower your blood pressure, life is good but, too short!!!!

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 09:14:40 PM »
I don't call being the UN Secretary being higher than POTUS.  Just my thought on that particular subject.  They need to move the UN to a country that really appreciates them.  France or Germany perhaps?  I do not recognize them as having ANY authority in this country.  Keep your powder dry folks.

I don't call it higher either for the same reasons.

OB has some seriously high ambitions - he wants to change the world.  And so do his supporters and backers.

Powder is dry.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 01:29:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03fcGelz8Hw&eurl=http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405913
Funny, but it does bring a good point...... If, I had two people apply for a job, would I pick the one that lacked experience, with close ties to thugs (terrorists), or would I pick the one with experience?   Once again the "age card" is pullled.  So, what is being said is "hire the inexperienced one who has thugs (terrorists) as friends and has to have on the job training because, the experienced one is older and more knowledgeable in his field?" 

Now, let's talk about the possible death of a sitting President.... Either candidate can have a heart attack, develop a terminal illness, or be assassinated (I hope we never see such a thing again).  Age holds no boundaries on any of the before mentioned.  JFK was a young man yet, his life was cut short at age 46.   Ronald Regan lived to be 93?  Jimmy Carter is what, 84 and still very active?  Abe Lincoln was 56 when his life was cut short.  Richard Nixon, 81.

Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, is adamant in his belief that Obama will be "tested" in the first 6 months if he is elected.  Do we really want someone that is going through on the job training when that "testing" comes about?   No offense to anyone in basic training BUT, I would much rather have an experienced military person, then a trainee, as a battle buddy!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:37:53 AM »
Funny, but it does bring a good point...... If, I had two people apply for a job, would I pick the one that lacked experience, with close ties to thugs (terrorists), or would I pick the one with experience?   Once again the "age card" is pullled.  So, what is being said is "hire the inexperienced one who has thugs (terrorists) as friends and has to have on the job training because, the experienced one is older and more knowledgeable in his field?" 

Now, let's talk about the possible death of a sitting President.... Either candidate can have a heart attack, develop a terminal illness, or be assassinated (I hope we never see such a thing again).  Age holds no boundaries on any of the before mentioned.  JFK was a young man yet, his life was cut short at age 46.   Ronald Regan lived to be 93?  Jimmy Carter is what, 84 and still very active?  Abe Lincoln was 56 when his life was cut short.  Richard Nixon, 81.

Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, is adamant in his belief that Obama will be "tested" in the first 6 months if he is elected.  Do we really want someone that is going through on the job training when that "testing" comes about?   No offense to anyone in basic training BUT, I would much rather have an experienced military person, then a trainee, as a battle buddy!
Since we know very little truth about Obama's history because he won't release his records.
 How do we know he is not aflicted with cicle cell anemia,
HIV, drug addiction and as for his heart, well he is a smoker isn't he even tho he trys to hide it.  JMO
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 01:59:37 AM »
and what 72 year old could keep the pace maccain has had ? His age is the reason to vote for him, he has the experience and is honest. nobama is inexperienced(Sarah has more experience)and has been less than forthcoming on questions asked him or his campaign.