Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: what the dems will do  (Read 4792 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
what the dems will do
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:53:31 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

October 24, 2008  Frank Calls for Major Defense Cuts, 'Eventual' Tax Hike @ 10:21 am by Hill Staff  Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Democrats will push for a stimulus package after the November election, and called for a package reducing defense spending by 25 percent while saying Congress will "eventually" raise taxes.
Frank told the editorial board of the SouthCoast Standard-Times that he wanted to reduce defense spending by a quarter, meaning the United States would have to withdraw from Iraq sooner.
"The people of Iraq want us out, and we want to stay over their objection," he said. "It's extraordinary."
Frank also said the post-election stimulus package will focus on spending for building projects, extending unemployment benefits, and further supporting states' healthcare costs. "We'll have to raise taxes ultimately," Frank said. "Not now, but eventually." Frank told the Standard-Times that if Democrats cannot secure the votes they need in November, they will try again in January, when they will likely have stronger majorities in the House and Senate.
Frank, the Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, was an instrumental figure in engineering the bailout legislation to the U.S. financial industry, and indicated a new package may seek to ameliorate fears about investing. "The psychological problem is even worse than the real problem," Frank said.
-Michael O'Brien

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Re: what the dems will do
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:33:21 AM »
Military cuts when we so need to keep our defense strong?  Let me get this right, Biden is warning of an international crisis within 6 months IF Obama is elected, AND they want to cut military funding?  Sounds like a set up to me.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:21:25 AM »
They could probably cut 25% by just getting rid of Haliburton and Blackwater. We need to stop paying companies and contractors exponentially more than we pay our soldiers.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »
They could probably cut 25% by just getting rid of Haliburton and Blackwater. We need to stop paying companies and contractors exponentially more than we pay our soldiers.
Being "old Army", I never liked how "civilianized" our military has become.  So many jobs our military once did is now done by civilians, being paid so much more then our troops!  Very possible it's because we no longer have the draft, thus can't fill all the positions. Since my views concerning a draft would most probably start a heated discussion, I'll remain quiet there (Yes, I actually can remain quiet, when I feel it best).

I've talked with some who are Obama supporters (even family members) and they were under the misconception that Obama will bring "peace", that he's going to bring our troops home.  Did they not hear that he wants a build up of troops in Afghanistan?  I know for a fact that those I spoke with were shocked when I informed them that Obama wants to build up our forces in Afghanistan, and leave some troops in Iraq.  My own nephew was under that same misconception!  I suggested they reseach it, not just take my word for it.  It was brought out that Obama didn't have that he was going to build up our military forces in Afghanistan on his website but, upon further research they found what I said to be true.  The next question was, how would a smaller troop presence in Iraq prevent an Iranian influence?  Duh, why was this thought not part of the equation when they were talking about "peace", "bringing our troops home"?  One excellent question I was asked was, "if we pull our troops out of Iraq and go further and stronger into Afghanistan, won't that allow militant forces in Iraq the ability to build up?"  Though I agree, we do need to finish up the job in Afghanistan, the previous question (asked by an Obama supporter) is one that we all need to ask ourselves.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
Nothing we can do will stop Iranian influence. We took out our ally against Iran. If Iran is the real threat, we should have never taken out Saddam. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Unfortunately, Iraq has a democracy now. They can vote us out, and befriend whomever they choose. That's the beauty of it all. They are going to screw us with the freedom we gave them.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1853462,00.html?xid=rss-topstories
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
Nothing we can do will stop Iranian influence. We took out our ally against Iran. If Iran is the real threat, we should have never taken out Saddam. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Unfortunately, Iraq has a democracy now. They can vote us out, and befriend whomever they choose. That's the beauty of it all. They are going to screw us with the freedom we gave them.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1853462,00.html?xid=rss-topstories
One area we absolutely agree on, we will get screwed in the end.......

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
Isreal will take out iran.
I was stationed here when the facilities engineers went contract. the military went back to the combat engineer companies and almost 300 civil service slots were deleted. It makes sense to have the military practice their wartime tasks in their units. the air force is doing much of the same. I think some of this may have been the result of reagans privatization plan.

nobama has said he will cut defense. he said he will cut r&d on new weapons programs and reduce the nuclear arsenal. nobama will not defend this country.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 03:26:57 AM »
Isreal will take out iran.
I was stationed here when the facilities engineers went contract. the military went back to the combat engineer companies and almost 300 civil service slots were deleted. It makes sense to have the military practice their wartime tasks in their units. the air force is doing much of the same. I think some of this may have been the result of reagans privatization plan.

nobama has said he will cut defense. he said he will cut r&d on new weapons programs and reduce the nuclear arsenal. nobama will not defend this country.
He wants to cut defense but, build up troops in Afghanistan.....

What concerns me with Israel taking out Iran is, IF Obama is elected... will he stand by Israel or will he condemn that tiny country like the rest of the world usually does?  Sometimes I think people forget how small Israel is.  The map below shows in yellow, all the Muslim dominated Countries.  The red spot, is Israel.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 07:21:59 AM »
How do you propose Israel "take out" Iran? Iran has a relatively big and well trained Army. Not to mention, if they "take out" Iran, they will lose sympathy from the rest of the world.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »
How do you propose Israel "take out" Iran? Iran has a relatively big and well trained Army. Not to mention, if they "take out" Iran, they will lose sympathy from the rest of the world.
lol, that is funny, "lose sympathy from the rest of the world"!  Almost every Nation in the UN is against Israel.  Wonder why they fear such a tiny little country?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
Let's just make up stuff now. Almost every country in the UN? Really? What makes you think that?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »
which countries support israel? none of the ones that surround it.

Israel has demonstrated in the past they shouldn't be messed with. read up on the yom kippur war and the 6 day war. when it involves survival of their country israel is best left alone.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
Let's just make up stuff now. Almost every country in the UN? Really? What makes you think that?
You can do your own search on the UN and their stands when it comes to Israel.  See for yourself my friend!

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 10:32:16 PM »
Its fascinating how adults make up stories just to scare themselves.

Its like the past 8 years never happened so they need to make up a boogie man while Freddy Kruger is wiping the blood off his blades behind you.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
Its fascinating how adults make up stories just to scare themselves.

Its like the past 8 years never happened so they need to make up a boogie man while Freddy Kruger is wiping the blood off his blades behind you.
What I find amazing is how adults would rather just listen to what is fed them, then to research things for themselves!  lol, also funny how those "karma" points go down everytime you visit something I've posted on or about.....  Bring facts to the table, not lines that may have been fed to you or that which you want to believe.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »
 Hey, things are looking up

Report: Iranian president has fallen ill
Breitbart ^ | Oct 26 06:33 AM US/Eastern | NASSER KARIMI

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fallen ill due to exhaustion brought on by his heavy workload, a close associate has told the Iranian state news agency.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »
What I find amazing is how adults would rather just listen to what is fed them, then to research things for themselves!  lol, also funny how those "karma" points go down everytime you visit something I've posted on or about.....  Bring facts to the table, not lines that may have been fed to you or that which you want to believe.

You try so hard, yet fail so often.

Does it feel good to be the victim, or do you just really like pretending you are superior?   +_+_+
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 05:54:57 PM »
Kari is probably a better authority on Israel than any of us on this board.  She is Jewish and proud of it too.  Perhaps facts would be better along with logic, but you don't deal in them Winston.  You, like Obama deal in emotions with no substance to your form of reasoning.  As for me, having been to the Middle East, I wondered why it took Israel 6 entire days to win that war?  I suppose they outran their supply lines is the real reason. 

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »
Kari is probably a better authority on Israel than any of us on this board.  She is Jewish and proud of it too.  Perhaps facts would be better along with logic, but you don't deal in them Winston.  You, like Obama deal in emotions with no substance to your form of reasoning.  As for me, having been to the Middle East, I wondered why it took Israel 6 entire days to win that war?  I suppose they outran their supply lines is the real reason.
Not fair!!!  I just laughed so hard my soda came out my nose!!!

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 07:28:40 PM »
lol, also funny how those "karma" points go down everytime you visit something I've posted on or about..... 

Yeah, funny how that thing works LOL - I gained like 50 over the weekend and now they are all gone again.  Demoralize the opponent......HA

((*(*&   Nice try  LOL
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »

Yeah, funny how that thing works LOL - I gained like 50 over the weekend and now they are all gone again.  Demoralize the opponent......HA

((*(*&   Nice try  LOL
lol, I beat you!!!  I went from well over 200 to 68 lmao... I feel the love!!!! ;D
Correction... down to 48.. more love!! roflol

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
Kari is probably a better authority on Israel than any of us on this board.  She is Jewish and proud of it too. 

I don't know Kari however just because she is of the Jewish Faith doesn't make her an expert on Israel.

A Catholic isn't an expert on the Vatican, or are they???

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »

I don't know Kari however just because she is of the Jewish Faith doesn't make her an expert on Israel.

A Catholic isn't an expert on the Vatican, or are they???
He didn't say I was an expert.......

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 12:20:49 AM »
lol, I beat you!!!  I went from well over 200 to 68 lmao... I feel the love!!!! ;D
Correction... down to 48.. more love!! roflol

:2popcorn:   LOL, and again not a single cognizant reply from the popcorn gallery either.  Amazing.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 12:23:42 AM »

:2popcorn:   LOL, and again not a single cognizant reply from the popcorn gallery either.  Amazing.
Do you think it was realized that it's been very entertaining for us? ??? ?  I felt sooooooo wanted.....What_The wanted me gone from here!  ;D
Hugs to ya What_The!!!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »
I spent some time in egypt. I have seen the result of those wars. a lot of damage that still hasn't been repaired(at least as of 1995). what is israel's main export? intelligence, remember they made the uzi.

you are doing just fine Kari, winston wanting you gone is a good sign.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 03:50:33 AM »
I know what ya mean with the karma/reputaion going away kari.I got littlebit taking all of mine! what ever makes them happy I guess. LOL LOL

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 03:57:20 AM »
I know what ya mean with the karma/reputaion going away kari.I got littlebit taking all of mine! what ever makes them happy I guess. LOL LOL

I value some of your veiwpoints. Others I disagree with.
I only disagree with certain posts. I have even agreed with some of your posts too.
I love this system!

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 06:23:33 AM »
Israel dominated the six days war through air superiority. They preemptively striked their opponents air fields, and then they ruled the skies. The six days war was the beginning of air superiourity by the IAF in the middle east. The IAF is regarded as one of the greatest air forces in the world.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 01:03:20 AM »
I didn't see any you agreed with but 7  that you didn't agree with. again, whatever makes you happy.