Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Waynesville Nuisance Abatement Board  (Read 40024 times)

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
Re: Waynesville Nuisance Abatement Board
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »
Let's hook him up, my next poker run will travel up and down your street

ROCK ON!! (((**&^^% I live on a dead end street, so we'd be turning around in HIS yard!!
Serves him right  lmao  ((*(*&
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:40 AM »
I live on that same street and I have to admit sometimes your place is an eyesore.  Took several months to get those branches off your house after the ice storm.  And now a toilet, sink and cabinets are just outside your front door.  I realize it takes time to clean up after remodeling is done, but this stuff has been there for a week at least.   I am not for our building inspector but just stating the facts.  As for the poker run bring it on!

watson

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2007, 08:37:21 AM »
Well all I can say is make a water fall with it and plant flowers around it and it will look beautiful and everyone will be jealous....

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »
I live on that same street and I have to admit sometimes your place is an eyesore.  Took several months to get those branches off your house after the ice storm.  And now a toilet, sink and cabinets are just outside your front door.  I realize it takes time to clean up after remodeling is done, but this stuff has been there for a week at least.   I am not for our building inspector but just stating the facts.  As for the poker run bring it on!

Nosey, I completely agree with you, on occasion my place IS an eyesore.  I surely don't like the toilets and tub sitting in front of my house any more than I'm sure you like looking at them; and yes I know my lawn needs to be mowed.  As for the tree branches, if you look closely I still have several down that I haven't had the time to clean up.  I guess I could have taken that week off work and cleaned up my own place first, but instead I went up and down the street taking care of our neighbors, who I couldn't take care of things for themselves.

I appreciate your honesty, you should stop by and introduce yourself sometime; we'll throw back a cold one or three, or a glass of sweet tea, whichever you prefer.
Tim
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2007, 12:35:19 AM »
 hey biker, looks you have a place to set and read the morning paper outside. Of course making it look like you are using it at the same time is an option.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2007, 06:18:12 PM »
hey biker, looks you have a place to set and read the morning paper outside. Of course making it look like you are using it at the same time is an option.

Hey, I could make a nice waterfall out of the tub & sink and sit on my $#!++3r to read the paper!! LMAO  Nosey, would you disown me if I did that??

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2007, 06:12:42 AM »
Only if you were reading the not so Daily Daily Guide

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »
Ok, I do not agree with people not using common sense but I actually see this issue from both sides of the fence. First I happen to agree that if you either rent or own your own place then you pay the money to live in a place according to your lifestyle. It does not matter if it is a one room building, trailer house or million dollar home. All I ask is that people have pride in where they live. I do believe in freedom and that all people will not live according to my standards. I know that people may have personal issues, that they may not be able to keep thier yards or homes as neat as I may like. I am very picky about my home and yard it's simply a matter of personal pride.I admit sometimes due to working extra, kids events, illness, etc, I can't even keep up with it all. But i do not give the impression to all who pass my yard that we live in a garbage dump.
We have a neighbor that we are real good at helping one another with whatever, whenever it is needed. I have put insect killer in his yard and he has helped my husband errect our shed. We keep one anothers kids in line and  check in at least weekly to see if there is anything needed. It's just what neighbors do. When we were remodeling our home it was a mess for over a week but we were aware that what could be cleaned up- should be. Paints were moved in the garage, tools put away, trash in the dumpster and covered with a tarp so the wind would not reblow trash back out in to our neighbors yard. We did this so there would not be issue with the neighbors. As well as a safety measure as there are a lot of young children in our neighborhood. Now for the flip side we live in the county but 5 minutes outside or St Robert and there is no regulation in our area. My other neighbors literally have  a farm on less than 2 acres of land. They are breeding dogs, have chickens, turkeys, 7 broken cars, a broken camper, they have 4 horses and many litters of wild roaming cats. The  dogs come in our yard regurlarly and one is agressive. I have ran the chickens out of my patio.Even with all the wild cats we have a mice problem due to all thier broken cars and the mice nesting in them. Thier cats have on more than one occassion sprayed most of the neighbors property and have scratched my car from laying on it. I would love for something to be enforced. Why should I put up a privacy fence when it is thier animals on my property?  I have a lot of yard and just for that side would be over $2,000.Why should I be woke up at 5:30 in the morning because his roosters crow outside my bedroom window or be kept up late because his dogs want to bark all night? Why should I not be able to entertain my friends outside without fear of the pound next door coming over and interrupting our get together or damaging my friends cars? I have tried to discuss the issue rationally 4 years ago when it was just the trash pile and broken cars and it got us no where. He did clean up a huge trash pile 2 years ago, it took four dump trucks to get everything, but then moved 2 broken cars in where the trash pile had been. As for enforcement I think common sense should prevail. If someone is renovating or remodeling then oviously things will be out of sorts for a while. However, in my neighbors case if you want to live in a junk yard then fence your whole property in or move to a place with a lot of land and no neighbors. We really like our neighborhood and love our home. Even if we chose to move could not even sale for full value because the view out our living room window is of a farm and a garbage dump.

Racer

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »
Well said.  Great post.   ;D

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »
Hey Biker .....place is looking good.  Remodeling must be getting close to an end.   

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »
Hey Biker .....place is looking good.  Remodeling must be getting close to an end.  
Thanks Nosey; I'm trying!  Remodeling getting close to an end... I WISH!  Unfortunately I'm at a stand-still inside the house... something about having to have money to buy materials to finish projects... guess I got a little ahead of myself and went a little too crazy with a few too many things a little too fast... SO, now that I'm at a stand-still inside I can FINALLY devote some time to getting the yard back in order... That is when I'm home & not on the road anyway...

I should be around this weekend for the most part, stop by & say hi... need to introduce you to the "new additions" anyway :)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
It is so worth it when you are all done and can sit and enjoy what you have done -or redone
Thanks Nosey; I'm trying!  Remodeling getting close to an end... I WISH!  Unfortunately I'm at a stand-still inside the house... something about having to have money to buy materials to finish projects... guess I got a little ahead of myself and went a little too crazy with a few too many things a little too fast... SO, now that I'm at a stand-still inside I can FINALLY devote some time to getting the yard back in order... That is when I'm home & not on the road anyway...

I should be around this weekend for the most part, stop by & say hi... need to introduce you to the "new additions" anyway :)
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
I don't understand how  the city can enforce an ordinance that they don't comply with themselves. I live next to a city lot that has not been mowed by the city for the past 12 years. Since the mosquito's, snakes and field mice were migrating from the city lot and taking over my property, I started mowing and weedeating it every time I mowed my yard. I called the city every week during the first couple of years and was always told "you're on the list". but they never showed up to mow it.
I continue to pay someone to mow that city lot to this day. Every week, May thru Sept, for 20.00 every week.
I figure the city owes me over $5000.00 for maintaining  city property when  they refused to comply with their own ordinance.lol (that might happen)
Maybe the city needs to start taking care of their own property before they start hassling everyone else.

Offline eli

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
I don't understand how  the city can enforce an ordinance that they don't comply with themselves. I live next to a city lot that has not been mowed by the city for the past 12 years. Since the mosquito's, snakes and field mice were migrating from the city lot and taking over my property, I started mowing and weedeating it every time I mowed my yard. I called the city every week during the first couple of years and was always told "you're on the list". but they never showed up to mow it.I continue to pay someone to mow that city lot to this day. Every week, May thru Sept, for 20.00 every week.I figure the city owes me over $5000.00 for maintaining  city property when  they refused to comply with their own ordinance.lol (that might happen) Maybe the city needs to start taking care of their own property before they start hassling everyone else.
I would present them with a bill at the next council meeting.

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
Where is this property?, and who have you talked to?
Ed Conley

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
You should have planted flowers in that pot and called it art.

Ok, here's another question on the topic...  How long should one be allowed to accumulate "stuff" on their property before it becomes a nuisance?  I started remodeling 2 of my bathrooms on Monday and have a lot of debris in front of my house right now.  The building inspector came by today and said I have to have it cleaned up by tomorrow...  Does this seem a little extreme to anyone else, or am I just "on my high horse" again???

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2008, 12:49:00 AM »
has anyone been down hwy 17 across from Nickles apartments near the old Middle School on the right oh my gosh it looks like a trash truck exploded its real bad I can't believe the city lets that get by

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »
Yes, I know the place you are talking about, looks like a goat exploded. It's looked like that for quite some time. They must know someone.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
Lol... Let me know if you present them with a bill, I'd love to be at that meeting!!!

Offline Painter Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2008, 02:58:37 AM »
Don't get me started on the Waynesville Nuisance Abatement Board!!!  How would you like for this to drain across your front yard every time it rains???!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline crylor6

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
Does anyone know who to contact referencing a drainage ditch, creek, etc. (not sure what to call it) that runs from I believe that it is Ichord avenue, down to the tennis courts by the Waynesville Middle School?  I was in my backyard on Tuesday and looking at the opposite side of the drainage ditch, close to the Subway, Crosscreek Realty, etc. and that side of the ditch is just strewn with litter.  There is contstruction waste, delivery boxes, empty fastfood wrappers, trash, etc.  I realize that the city is extremely busy but it looks like a trash dump and I mentioned to my husband that it might be a good project for my daughter and I to clean it up but want to make sure that we won't get in any trouble.  My neighbors two houses down have said that they have called the city numerous times in the past two years and have been told that it would be taken care of, but it has never happened.  Due to all the run off in Waynesville this drainage ditch has been filling really fast during rainy times and maybe if it was cleaned out it might not be as bad?  Not really sure, but you can really see the trash since the foliage on the trees is gone for the winter!  Does anyone know if we can get in trouble if we attempt to clean it out?  I am just sick of looking at it and it would be a great opportunity to teach my six year old about respect for the environment (while showing her what disrespect for the environment looks like)! 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »
I used to live on Hull Drive years ago and I believe that is called Johnson's Creek.  It's usually fairly dry, but it can get up there with a lot of rain.  People got flooded really bad back in the 80's I heard.  I can't imagine being in trouble for cleaning up a mess.  It sounds like a neighborhood challenge and maybe the city could post a "no dumping" sign with a fine attached.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline crylor6

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
Thanks for your comments.  In reality I really don't believe that people are dumping litter in the creek bed, I believe that people are throwing trash in parking lots, alongside the road, etc. and it is blowing or floating when it rains and drains and it is ending up in this creek bed.  I do know that when some construction was taking place in the little shopping area that wrapping materials, etc. were being washed/blown into the creek area.  I am willing to do some clean up but want to make sure that not stepping on any toes or doing something illegal since it is not my property...

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
I appreciate Crylor's post.  We clean that area every year during Pride Day, which this year will be April 22, I believe.  But would welcome any help in keeping that area clean.  I do that same thing quite often when I am out walking.  I don't think there would be objections to cleaning areas around the creek or the streets.  You might call Bruce Harrill at City Hall, 774-6171, just to ask him.  Also, watch for the Pride Day announcements and join us.  Last year we had around 200 people out cleaning the City.  Thanks for your efforts.  You can also call me, if you have any other questions or ideas....774-2103.  Luge Hardman

Offline Painter Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
Hey Luge....any suggestions concerning my post???  We are about to wash away!!!

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »
Painter Girl,   Call me at 774-2103.  I have several questions and we will try to help.    Luge

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2008, 08:20:43 PM »
Pride Day is April 19 in Waynesville....

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
While we're on this, does anyone know of some enterprising young people who would come and give me a quote on hauling off some trash, moving some old shelving, and a stove, and general yard clean up?

I don't expect it for nothing, but could use some help.  I just got my nasty-gram from the city and between my wife's and my own physical conditions we could use some help.  Mostly picking up stuff and seeing its disposed of.

Thanks  You can PM me and I'll give ya a call or vice versa.

Thanks again
$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »
I think a lot of people don't know what to do with their excess junk. The city should have one weekend per year for people to bring their junk to the city lot and have it disposed of.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin