Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: mature presidents out perform young  (Read 1623 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
mature presidents out perform young
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:07:18 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Mature Presidents Outperform Young By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, October 31, 2008 4:20 PM PT
Of all our presidents since World War II, the three who ranked highest among all American presidents in a 2005 survey of scholars by the Wall Street Journal were:
  Read More: Election 2008

Ronald Reagan: No. 6 of 43 presidents, inaugurated within weeks of his 70th birthday.
Harry Truman: No. 7, inaugurated at age 60.
Dwight Eisenhower: No. 8, inaugurated at 62.
The three youngest presidents since WWII were:[/h][/h]

John Kennedy: ranked No. 15, inaugurated at 43.
Bill Clinton: No. 22, inaugurated at 46.
Jimmy Carter: No. 34, inaugurated at 52.
In a 2000 survey by the Federalist Society and the Journal, 78 scholars in history, politics and law were asked to name the most overrated president. A shocking 43 of the 78 picked Kennedy.
"Kennedy brought the Cold War to dangerous heights," political scientist Bruce Miroff said.
First came the failed Cuban Bay of Pigs episode. Six weeks later, the Soviet Union's 67-year-old Nikita Khrushchev sized up the then 44-year-old Kennedy in Vienna and two months later quickly built the Berlin Wall, which lasted for 28 years. Only two months after it was built, U.S. and Soviet tanks faced off for 16 hours at the Wall. Kennedy next dramatically escalated our involvement in Vietnam. And after that, Khrushchev nearly started World War III when he armed Cuba with nuclear missiles.
One month after President Clinton took office in 1993, the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history up to that date occurred with the bombing of New York's World Trade Center twin towers. During Clinton's eight years in office, Osama bin Laden and al-Qaida bombed U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, killing 250 and injuring 6,000; bombed U.S.-Saudi facilities in 1995 and 1996, killing Americans; and in 2000 bombed the USS Cole.
Through all this, according to the 9/11 Commission Report, the Clinton administration had 10 different chances to get bin Laden. Intelligence knew just where he was, but was never able to make the final decisions or take effective action.
Riding the peace dividend created when Reagan won the Cold War with the Soviet Union, the late 1990s Clinton years were an "anything goes" wild bubble period that finally broke apart from early 2000 to January 2001, with the Nasdaq declining 56%, the sharpest market drop since 1929.
But that's not all. In addition to being ineffective against al-Qaida and being a part of the bubble stock-market crash in 2000, the Clinton administration and Democrats were the major cause behind the frenzied real estate subprime-mortgage bubble that blew up and caused the most recent stock-market panic, sent companies into bankruptcy, wrecked 401(k)s and forced the government to rescue our collapsing financial system.
Clinton and Democrats mandated through quotas and ratings that banks significantly increase their loans to lower-income people in the inner city who otherwise would have never qualified. It was well-intended, but incompetent, resulting in enormous numbers of loans made with little or no down payments or no checking of standard credit ratings. These are many of the loans that have resulted in rampant home foreclosures. It was another gigantic mismanaged government program that was a colossal failure, not a failure of the free market system.
When attempts were made to enact some control and limits over the enormous leverage of up to 50-1 being used by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, congressional Democrats continually defeated efforts to put in sound controls and loan ratios.
ACORN, possibly involved in voter registration irregularities, was also able to collect substantial commissions for its part in marketing these risky subprime loans.
President Carter lost one country after another to the expansionist Soviet Union. He withdrew U.S. contracts for defense supplies intended for the Shah of Iran because he didn't like the Shah's human rights treatment of jailed Soviet agents who for years tried to undermine Iran's government. Because we stopped supporting our strongest ally in a volatile area of the world, Iran was overthrown, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs are now well on their way to having nuclear weapons.
Tehran has promised to wipe Israel off of the map in one blow. The regime also created and financed the terrorist group Hezbollah.
When Carter, who had been a one-term governor, first met the older Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev, the USSR quickly invaded Afghanistan. Carter, the naive appeaser, said: "I can't believe the Russians lied to me." The Soviets ran wild on Carter and also took over Ethiopia, South Yemen, Angola, Cambodia, Mozambique, Grenada and Nicaragua.
Our next president will face a resurgent Russia run by Vladimir Putin and his KGB friends, Iran and its nuclear program, and al-Qaida and other terrorists who want an atomic weapon. Do we want to elect another young president, possibly a Carter or a Neville Chamberlain type, who will get fooled by our dangerous enemies who are masters of deceit?

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
Re: mature presidents out perform young
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
Sure, but it also has George W. Bush ranked 18. I don't think I am going to base my judgement off of any poll that has George W. Bush above his father and Bill Clinton. Sure it was a poll done in 2005, but we already knew he was an idiot back then.

We can look at the Sienna Poll and Bill Clinton is 16, Kennedy is 10, and Ronald Reagan is 20.

(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »
when you look at W's accomplishments , whether you like him or not, he is far better than bubba or carter. I think history will treat him well.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
when you look at W's accomplishments , whether you like him or not, he is far better than bubba or carter. I think history will treat him well.

Wishful thinking.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:21:17 AM »
not when you look at the facts .

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 02:28:57 AM »
Defend your position. Give us your facts.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:03:22 AM »
 Let's see, where to start,
-9/11, we have not been attacked since.
-how many hurricanes,tornados,floods , earthquakes,wildfires? and the country is still doing just fine
- got us out of the recession bubba left us in,, by cutting taxes
- vetoes embryionic stem cell research
- let ted kenedy author the nclb bill
- killed the kyoto treaty
- increased funding($15mil) to fight aids in africa
- prohibited putting us troops under un command
- killed osha's rules that would have shut down home businesses.
- banned partial birth abortions
- put missle a defense system in alaska
- started the discussion on privatizing ss
- started troop withdrawals from bosnia,germany and korea.
- nominated alito and roberts to the supreme court
there are many more but I'll start with these.