Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Draft A Civilian Force By Obama Whether You Like It Or Not  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Draft A Civilian Force By Obama Whether You Like It Or Not
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Draft A Civilian Force By Obama Whether You Like It Or Not          November 3, 2008 ∑                       
Big Brother gonna draft you!  Didnít hear it then?  Hear it is now.
Obama Civilian Security
July 17, 2008
Reviewed before in a previous post, Get Ready For Obama To Draft You!
Senator Barack Obamaís plans for the military draft were discussed loud and clear at the ServiceNation Presidential Forum at Columbia University in New York on September 11, 2008.
 But itís also important that a president speaks to military service as an obligation not just of some, but of many. You know, I traveled, obviously, a lot over the last 19 months. And if you go to small towns, throughout the Midwest or the Southwest or the South, every town has tons of young people who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thatís not always the case in other parts of the country, in more urban centers. And I think itís important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some. OBAMA WANTS THE MILITARY DRAFT!  An all volunteer armed forces is not good enough anymore.
And guys, you are not alone.  OBAMA WANTS THE MILITARY DRAFT FOR FEMALES TOO!
Obama believes women should register for draft. Also would consider opening combat positions to females. [Obama] he does believe that Americaís young women should be eligible for the military draft and possibly combat duty. Now despite the interpretation at the World Daily taken from a NY Times transcript of the Fourth Democratic Debate July 24, 2007, that Obama at that time was not interested in the draft, we see Obamaís stance now, on September 11, 2008 as above, which is pretty clear: ďIf we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.Ē
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
Re: Draft A Civilian Force By Obama Whether You Like It Or Not
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »
He would be our leader...send him in first.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »
And his wife!

He would be our leader...send him in first.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:08:47 AM »
Draft?  I am already old enough to not qualify for a draft.  I am retired form the military.  I am a Minuteman now.  As for a draft, well, I hope HIS children are going to be eligible too.  Oh, I forgot, they are of the elite and not subject to his whims.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
his "civilian security force" is what worries me. similar to hitler's?

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:36:59 AM »
There should be a draft when we go to war. War should be a last resort. If there is a need for war, there is a need for any and all Americans to fight in it. It shouldn't just be the poor who serve.

Women should have to sign up for the draft. There won't be equality until they do.

Women should be able to serve in combat positions. Equality requires it.

I will take this one step further. Obama says all of us should go, this means homosexuals too. Obama is for homosexuals serving in the military. I believe they should be able to serve openly in the military. They have done so honorable yet closeted. Why deny them the freedoms their fellow soldiers enjoy?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »
his "civilian security force" is what worries me. similar to hitler's?

They can die wearing those "brown shirts."   Just like blue helmets.  I love my country.  I don't trust the government.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 01:51:38 AM »
there is no need for a draft when there are already enough military ready.
in an apocolypse , maybe.
there are gays serving, they are just quiet about it. don't ask don't tell, remeber? It would be a break down of good order and dicsipline if they were allowed to serve openly. many don't want them in the military or to serve with them. there is no problem keeping them out.
women may not be serving in combat positions, but they are in combat.

Female M.P. Wins Silver Star for Bravery in Iraq Firefight
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/17/national/17medal.html

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:03:24 AM »

Gulf War 2 Battle Damaged A-10

Pilot brings battle-damaged A-10 home safely
By Staff Sgt. Jason Haag
332nd Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM (ACCNS) -- An A-10 Thunderbolt II pilot deployed with the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing safely landed her "Warthog" at her forward operating base after it sustained significant damage from enemy fire during a close air support mission over Baghdad April 7.

Capt. Kim Campbell, deployed from the 75th Fighter Squadron at Pope Air Force Base, N.C., and her flight leader had just finished supporting ground troops and were on their way out of the area when her aircraft was hit with enemy fire.

"We were very aware that it was a high-threat environment -- we're over Baghdad," she said. "At the same time, those are the risks you are going to take to help the guys on the ground, that's our job, that's what we do. Our guys were taking fire and you want to do everything you can to help them out.

"We did our job with the guys there on the ground and as we were on our way out is when I felt the jet get hit. It was pretty obvious -- it was loud," Captain Campbell said.

After sustaining the hit, she said the aircraft immediately became uncontrollable and she noticed several caution warnings -- all over a very hostile territory.

"I lost all hydraulics instantaneously, so I completely lost control of the jet. It rolled left and pointed toward the ground, which was an uncomfortable feeling over Baghdad," she said. "The entire caution panel lit up and the jet wasn't responding to any of my control inputs."

Captain Campbell tried several different procedures to get the aircraft under control, none of which worked, she said. At that point, she decided to put the plane into manual reversion, which meant she was flying the aircraft without hydraulics. After that, the aircraft immediately began responding.

"The jet started climbing away from the ground, which was a good feeling because there is no way I wanted to eject over Baghdad," she said.

Because the aircraft sustained hits to the rear of the aircraft, including the horizontal stabilizer, tail section and engine cowling, Captain Kim said she could not see the damage. Her flight leader, Lt. Col. Richard Turner, positioned his aircraft where he could view the damage.

"The jet was flying pretty good and the damage had not affected the flight control surfaces or the (landing) gear," Colonel Turner said. "If (Kim) could keep it flying, we would get out of Baghdad and might be able to make it (back to base).

Once they assessed the situation, the two worked closely together to determine the best course of action. Captain Campbell said the colonelís calm demeanor and attention to detail were instrumental in her being able get the airplane home.

"I could not have asked for a better flight lead," she said. "He was very directive when he needed to be, because all I could concentrate on was flying the jet. Then, once we were out of the Baghdad area, (he) just went through all the checklists, all the possibilities, all the things I needed to take into account."

Captain Campbell said she and Colonel Turner discussed all her options, which ultimately came down to two: fly the aircraft to a safe area and eject or attempt to land the disabled plane.

"I can either try to land a jet that is broken, or I can eject...which I really didn't have any interest in doing, but I knew it was something that I had to consider," she said. "But the jet worked as advertised and that is a tribute to our maintainers and the guys who work on the jet. It's nice when things work as advertised."

Colonel Turner said that even though he could advise her, only one person could make the decision about whether to eject or attempt to land the aircraft.

"She had a big decision to make," he said. "Before anyone else could throw their two-cents worth into the mix, I made sure that she knew that the decision to land or eject was hers and hers alone."

To Captain Campbell, the decision was clear.

"The jet was performing exceptionally well," she said. "I had no doubt in my mind I was going to land that airplane."

After getting the aircraft on the ground, the final task was getting it stopped and keeping it on the runway, she said. "When you lose all the hydraulics, you don't have speed brakes, you don't have brakes and you don't have steering," she said.

"One of the really cool things that when I did touch down, I heard several comments on the radio -- and I don't know who it was -- but I heard things like, 'Awesome job, great landing,' things like that," she said.

"I guess we all think we are invincible and it won't happen to us," she said. "I hadn't been shot at -- at all -- in all of my other missions. This was the first. Thank God for the Warthog, because it took some damage but it got me home." (Courtesy of AFPN)
Capt. Kim Campbell, an A-10 Thunderbolt II pilot deployed with the 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, surveys the battle damage to her airplane. Her A-10 was hit over Baghdad during a close air support mission April 7. The A-10 can survive direct hits from armor-piercing and high explosive projectiles up to 23mm. Manual systems back up their redundant hydraulic flight-control systems. This permits pilots, like Captain Campbell, to fly and land when hydraulic power

you can see the pictures at the link below. women are in combat! Her call sign is "Killer Chick"

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Stories1/001-100/0016_A-10-battle-damage/story0016.htm