Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: What A Plan  (Read 9280 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
What A Plan
« on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
Re: What A Plan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »
And if he can get them here by inauguration day, they can have free cake at McDonalds!

Seriously though, I read that this morning.  This is setting the precedent for his foreign affairs policy.  He is bowing down to the ME leaders (and world community as a whole) that have called for their release.  The trial thing is just a ruse to make the American public happy.  He will be seen as a saint by everyone.  Well, almost everyone.

They are enemy combatants.  Prisoners of war.  As long as we are at war, their incarceration is warranted.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »
I don't see it that way. Why would you want to continue to pay for them to sit in a cell? Why not trial them and punish them
(if it is warranted) and be done with it? The article that I read stated that 250 of the detainees have been cleared and are permitted release, but the US can't find countries to acept them. So, essentially, we are keeping innocent people locked up.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:04 AM »
I kinda like the plan. we are paying for their incarceration now at gitmo. I have had people go to gitmo to support the facility and they were happy when they left. Bring them ALL here and release them into the general population of nice cozy places like rikers island,san quentin, or our friend Sherrif Joe Arpaio's place.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »
Not our fault their own contries won't accept them back.  I would prefer they not be released in our general population.  If their own contries won't take them back, then I agree with Fish and Retired.  Why not give them to Bubba in a nice prison cell?  They are our enemies.  Bringing them here and releasing them is tantamount to giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
Not our fault their own contries won't accept them back.  I would prefer they not be released in our general population.  If their own contries won't take them back, then I agree with Fish and Retired.  Why not give them to Bubba in a nice prison cell?  They are our enemies.  Bringing them here and releasing them is tantamount to giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The ones that are going to be released have been cleared of all charges. They are innocent people. Why do you want to send innocent people to prison? Why should we become/stay that country? Locking innocent people up is as far away from American values as you can get. It is one thing to lock them up while you are investigating. It is another thing all together to lock people you know are innocent up. How does that reflect America's values? What message are we sending to the world? Are you trying to say it is okay to lock people up indefinitely because of their name, religion, and/or the color of their skin? Can you say 'racist'?

Another awkward moment brought to you buy Trolls R' US.

(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

The ones that are going to be released have been cleared of all charges. They are innocent people. Why do you want to send innocent people to prison? Why should we become/stay that country? Locking innocent people up is as far away from American values as you can get. It is one thing to lock them up while you are investigating. It is another thing all together to lock people you know are innocent up. How does that reflect America's values? What message are we sending to the world? Are you trying to say it is okay to lock people up indefinitely because of their name, religion, and/or the color of their skin? Can you say 'racist'?

Another awkward moment brought to you buy Trolls R' US.

Would be interesting to find out of those 250 released... how many were later killed, while trying to kill our troops?
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »
So you think they shouldn't be released because they may or may not go try and kill our soldiers? Even if they have been proven innocent?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »
I don't want them released in our country.  Is that clear enough for you?  These people are enemies of this country and were taken off a battlefield.  Funny, I never heard liberals calling me racist during Viet Nam and I was against them too.  These people deserve NO rights in this country nor do they deserve to live here.  I hope that is clear enough for you.  If that is racist, then yes call me one.  I am against the enemy and will remain so, foreign and domestic.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
I don't want them released in our country.  Is that clear enough for you?  These people are enemies of this country and were taken off a battlefield.  Funny, I never heard liberals calling me racist during Viet Nam and I was against them too.  These people deserve NO rights in this country nor do they deserve to live here.  I hope that is clear enough for you.  If that is racist, then yes call me one.  I am against the enemy and will remain so, foreign and domestic.

They have been cleared of the charges, is that clear enough for you? Enemies don't get cleared of charges. Enemies get held indefinitly without a real trial.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
Taken off the battlefield.  Enemies.  Clear and concise.  If they had not been fighting against us, they would not have been taken prisoner to start with.  Hell, since they don't wear uniforms, they could be executed as spies.  They do not deserve to live in this country. Repatriate them.  I surely do not care what their countries do with them.  they are not citizens of this country and need to stay out.  Releasing them into this country will most likely result in the deaths of many innocent US citizens. 

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
Oh, I see. You think everyone at Gitmo was taken off the battlefield. You will be glad to know that isn't true. Some of them were taken from their homes. Some of them were sold to us by Afghani soldiers. Like Zakirjan Hassam. Afghani soldiers got $5,000 for him. I wonder if $5,000 might be a good enough reason for an Afghani soldier to wrongfully accuse someone of being a terrorist.

"They are men such as Zakirjan Hassam, an Uzbek refugee who was sold to U.S. forces in Afghanistan for $5,000 in May 2002 by people he mistakenly believed would shelter him. He ended up in Guantanamo Bay the following month and is still there today."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/19/AR2006051901603.html
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
They still have NO business living in this country.  JMHO of course.  They are enemies of this country clear and simple.  send them home.  Don't release the enemy to create havoc at home. 

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »
How are they enemies if they have been proven innocent?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
If we have wrongfully imprisoned innocent people, we need to go out of our way to correct it. If they have been proven innocent, they should be freed. If no country will take them, we need to release them here. It is completely against American principles to imprison innocent people. We need to correct the mistake however possible.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
If we have wrongfully imprisoned innocent people, we need to go out of our way to correct it. If they have been proven innocent, they should be freed. If no country will take them, we need to release them here. It is completely against American principles to imprison innocent people. We need to correct the mistake however possible.
The question we should be asking is... Why do their own countries not want them?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »
Nobody said anything about proven innocent.  and Kari is once again correct.  They are people without a nation and should not be placed here just because a "mistake" was made, if indeed it was.  I have no desire to have to watch out for these enemies in my own backyard so to speak.  Repatriate them and let those owners do what they wish with them.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
 why haven't their countries demanded their release?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 07:31:13 PM »
Who knows why their countries won't take them? It is barely relevent to the conversation. Who are you going to trust about their innocence, American military investigators highly trained in the arts of 'advanced' interrogation, or Middle Eastern countries?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »
then let's hand them over to the iraqi's

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
They aren't even from Iraq. Why would we send them to Iraq? If their countries won't take them, we are obligated to set them free here. We can't lock up innocent people indefinitly because we made a mistake. We need to act responsibly, and make amends for the wrong we have caused people. Anything else would be uncivilized, and dare I say unAmerican.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
UnAmerican is allowing them release and safety in this country.  UnAmerican is setting them free here to wreak havoc and kill. 

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »
Shoot Preacher why don't you just open up a refuge in your backyard?  They're innocent.  They haven't been convicted of any crime so they ought to just love your backyard.

However if they leave your yard and come into mine intent on trouble rest assured they'll find it.  Same goes for MN and a lot of others.

And I calls em as I sees em...
$Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »
UnAmerican is allowing them release and safety in this country.  UnAmerican is setting them free here to wreak havoc and kill.

UnAmerican is indefinitly locking innocent people up because of fear.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »

UnAmerican is indefinitly locking innocent people up because of fear.

Not fear.  Common Sense.  Think about it.  Would you release wolves amongst your sheep? 

DEMOCRACY: Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

LIBERTY: A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »

Not fear.  Common Sense.  Think about it.  Would you release wolves amongst your sheep?
More like releasing a plague, as plagues spread.......

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »
More like releasing a plague, as plagues spread.......

DEMOCRACY: Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

LIBERTY: A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote.

Plagues and wolves aren't innocent.(at least not as similes) The people who should be released are innocent.

Gir is Trolltastic!!!

Cute Gir
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »
I guess you were at their interrogations and trials?  Is that how you know they are innocent?  Or maybe Not guilty, which is not the same at all.  At any rate, they do not deserve entry into this country.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 12:53:02 AM »

Plagues and wolves aren't innocent.(at least not as similes) The people who should be released are innocent.

Innocent only by the standard that they were apprehended.  250 people, maybe 250 different cases.  BLUF they may only be innocent by merit of what they were initially thought guilty of - i.e. law.  If there is no law written yet to further detain them, so be it.  They were originally detained just like the DUI dude or POT smoker - probable cause.  If they have now been proven innocent, then they have already passed court trial, and we have nothing more to worry about.

They need to be deported to their country of origin - whether the country wants them or not.  Period.  We don't owe them anything.  Wrong Jihad, wrong time, their bad.

Better yet, drop them off in the Iranian desert by Chinook.  The Iranians will know what to do with them.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »
where were they captured at?

you won't mind taking a few in, eh preacher?