Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Gay Gene  (Read 8347 times)

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
Gay Gene
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:58:01 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Scientists have been looking for a genetic explanation for homosexuality. Once they find it, it will prove that people with a certain genetic makeup have a predisposition to becoming homosexuals. There will be exceptions to the rule, but it will generally hold true. One of these exceptions being Rod Stewart.

If you had the knowledge that your child were going to be born a homosexual, would you abort? How would you raise a child you knew were going to be a homosexual? Would you force them to be something they weren't? Would it be heterosexuality or the highway? This could cause a lot of needless psychological problems.

If there were a procedure that could change the genetic makeup of your child during early developmental stages of gestation to prevent homosexuality, would you do it? Should you be able to make that decision? Should a gay expecting mother be allowed to have her fetus genetically engineered into a lesbian?
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
Re: Gay Gene
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

If you had the knowledge that your child were going to be born a homosexual, would you abort?
Extremely difficult question....I wish I could answer this, but I have to admit, I really don't know what I would do.  Knowing how cruel our society can be, could be a major factor in a decision like that.

How would you raise a child you knew were going to be a homosexual?
No different than how I raised my other children!

Would you force them to be something they weren't? Would it be heterosexuality or the highway?
Absolutely not.

If there were a procedure that could change the genetic makeup of your child during early developmental stages of gestation to prevent homosexuality, would you do it?
I believe I would, as long as it caused no other harm.  The main reason is because, many of us (me), have a great desire to have Grandchildren.  Yes, I know homosexuals can also procreate, but many choose not to.

Should you be able to make that decision?
Since the fetus would need my body to develop, I believe I have that right, but does raise some interesting questions on how far one should go with such a possibility!

Should a gay expecting mother be allowed to have her fetus genetically engineered into a lesbian?
One of the questions the former question raises, and I don't have an answer for it!

Can't you ask easier questions.... like the choice between white and dark chocolate?  I go for dark chocolate, not white and not milk chocolate... see, that was easy!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:04:18 PM »
I know this is a little off topic but we had a chance when my youngest was still in the womb to do a genetic test to determine if there was a problem (Ultrasound wasn't 100% normal). My wife and I thought long and hard about it and said it really didn't matter. We would never give up our child then nor now. He is now 15 and has 12Q13 or PMS (No Not that one the other one) and even though he is a pain sometimes we wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

So to try to get this back on topic.

It doesn't matter we would love our children no matter what..

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
I know this is a little off topic but we had a chance when my youngest was still in the womb to do a genetic test to determine if there was a problem (Ultrasound wasn't 100% normal). My wife and I thought long and hard about it and said it really didn't matter. We would never give up our child then nor now. He is now 15 and has 12Q13 or PMS (No Not that one the other one) and even though he is a pain sometimes we wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

So to try to get this back on topic.

It doesn't matter we would love our children no matter what..
***(**&

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
If you had the knowledge that your child were going to be born a homosexual, would you abort?

I would like to be believe I am open minded enough to not care if my child were going to be a homosexual. I think I wouldn't make the decision to abort on that knowledge. I would only make the decision to abort on gender. Girls cause more stress. Who wants that?

How would you raise a child you knew were going to be a homosexual?

I would make them take some MMA classes. Probably some Brazilian jujitsu. They would need the ability to defend themselves well. People are cruel in this world.

Would you force them to be something they weren't? Would it be heterosexuality or the highway?

I wouldn't force them to be anything. I woudln't try to persuade one thing over another. I would just love them and accept them for who they are. I think this may cause problems too. What if I have a late bloomer son that loves musicals? I am sure at some point I will have to have 'the talk' with them. It has to be weird to have your parents tell you that they would love you even if you are gay. It would especially be weird if you weren't gay to begin with.

If there were a procedure that could change the genetic makeup of your child during early developmental stages of gestation to prevent homosexuality, would you do it?

Like I said before, I think I am open minded enough to not care whether or not my child were going to be a homosexual. Unfortunately though, I am completely for genetic engineering. I would like the oppurtunity to decide the genetic makeup of my children. It will bring a new definition to 'family planning'.

Should a gay expecting mother be allowed to have her fetus genetically engineered into a lesbian?

If a straight person can "fix" the gay gene in their child, homosexuals should be able to "fix" the straight gene in theirs.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline angelamo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »

Absolutely not.

How would you raise a child you knew were going to be a homosexual? Would you force them to be something they weren't? Would it be heterosexuality or the highway?

The same way I am raising my other child. And of course not.

If there were a procedure that could change the genetic makeup of your child during early developmental stages of gestation to prevent homosexuality, would you do it? Should you be able to make that decision? Should a gay expecting mother be allowed to have her fetus genetically engineered into a lesbian?

No.
No, I don't think that we should be able to make the decision. Sexuality is not a reason to abort a child or to alter a child. We should love (and support) our children regardless of their sexual orientation.
That goes for both straight and gay people.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »
Once genetically engineering your children is a legitimate option, I'm going to give one of my children a third nipple, or maybe thirteen and a half fingers. It's going to be awesome. No, No...maybe I could get my children prehensile tails. Now that would really be awesome. Why aim low?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 05:43:06 PM »
I just plain believe that I take people for what they are, so needless to say, I would accept my child no matter what.  in fact i did!!!!
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
These are all great answers.  And I have to say that I would not change a thing with my child if there was a way to detect such a gene.  I would love my kids no matter what.  I have no issues what-so-ever with homosexuality and would not ever bother having such a waste of time and money test.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:11 PM »
Once genetically engineering your children is a legitimate option, I'm going to give one of my children a third nipple, or maybe thirteen and a half fingers. It's going to be awesome. No, No...maybe I could get my children prehensile tails. Now that would really be awesome. Why aim low?

A third arm would be very valuable, if we want to talk about genetic engineering. But if the subject is about a genetic predisposition for homosexuality, I think this may be true. On the subject of whether a parent would still love and want their child even if they were different. Well there's an old saying here in the hills "blood is thicker than water"
Do I think a Gay couple should be able to marry? Would you deny your off-spring the happiness, social exceptance and extra life that married couples enjoy, just because they were born homosexual?
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:05:48 PM »
On the subject of whether a parent would still love and want their child even if they were different. Well there's an old saying here in the hills "blood is thicker than water"
Do I think a Gay couple should be able to marry? Would you deny your off-spring the happiness, social exceptance and extra life that married couples enjoy, just because they were born homosexual?
***(**& ***(**&

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 03:30:07 PM »
it should be hate the sin, not the sinner. but that does not mitigate that the gay lifestyle is wrong. I don't believe the gay gene exists, just a scam to excuse an unatural lifestyle.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
it should be hate the sin, not the sinner. but that does not mitigate that the gay lifestyle is wrong. I don't believe the gay gene exists, just a scam to excuse an unatural lifestyle.
Fish, I could be wrong but I think this question was posed to 1) see how people would feel towards a gay person if it was their child  2) how each may react if they were told in advance that a child of theirs would be gay

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 03:12:36 AM »
isn't this an opinion forum? I believe I gave a response to the suggestion there is or will be a gay gene. and my response of" hate the sin not the sinner" is answering the questions without specifics of " How would you raise a child you knew were going to be a homosexual? Would you force them to be something they weren't? Would it be heterosexuality or the highway?"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 05:26:34 AM »
Fish, what I was referring to was you saying it was a scam.....how can something be a scam when it's only research, not saying it's fact... they are looking.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
I gave an opinion, I believe it is allowed. but I also gave responses to those questions posed.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 11:34:28 PM »
I didn't go through all of the questions but I can't imagine a situation where I or my wife would abort nor can I imagine a situation where I would not love my child.

The research for this gene may be done in the lab, but it is being done for political reason and a large amount of funding by those that want it to be proven.  If it is proven it can't be helped, then the argument about providing benifits for partners by employers is over, it will be mandated that it is done and gay marriage will be found a must.  JMO, but I know too many of the folks pushing it to think they just care about science.

There is also a ton of research being done on similar genes for those who steal, are violent, etc...  If those are ever proven to be, then punishment for a bunch of those crimes will go away, at least for those that have the gene.  Again, more politically motivated than science I believe.  I will let you guys/gals fight it out if that is right or not, but I know in many of the proposals written requesting funding for the gay gene research, almost always it talks about helping the gay community in society if proven.

Interesting times ahead.

JMO,
Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »
you are right dave. I believe there is a political motivation behind finding a gay gene or any other gene that can be used as an excuse for behavior.. it would release people for taking responsiblity for their actions, criminal or otherwise..

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »
Just because you are genetically predisposed to being a criminal, doesn't make it ok for you to be one. If they find the gene, I am most assuredly to have it. The criminal gene, not the gay gene. Having the gay gene would be a HUGE stherprizth(surprise with a lisp, as in 'I'm sthuper thanks for asthking') Having a genetic explanation for wanting to shoplift isn't an excuse for shoplifting. Common sense and basic understandings of right and wrong have to overshadow ones criminal thoughts. You can think about stealing a car as much as you want, but if you do it, you deserve to go to jail. It doesn't matter if we find a reason for you wanting to steal a car, you deserve to get locked up if you actually steal one.

The same goes for the gay gene. Even if they find a genetic explanation for homosexuality, you can still say it is morally wrong. You may have to admit god created homosexuality, but you can still say it is wrong. God could have given it to people as a personal test. They are afflicted with homosexuality to test their character. It isn't being a homosexual that is an affront to god, it is the act of homosexual sex that is forbidden.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 03:01:04 AM »
but a gay gene would be an excuse for immoral behavior. "they can't help it". God didn't create homosexuality, the devil perverts the natural relations between man and woman. why would God create something and forbid it to us?

there are people that got off the hook for a crime because they say they were insane. some were, some weren't.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 06:07:51 AM »
but a gay gene would be an excuse for immoral behavior. "they can't help it". God didn't create homosexuality, the devil perverts the natural relations between man and woman. why would God create something and forbid it to us?

there are people that got off the hook for a crime because they say they were insane. some were, some weren't.
Fish, you keep speaking about YOUR belief..... I have no "devil" in my religion!  Man is responsible for his own actions, or lack thereof, in many religions!

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 06:17:02 AM »
why would God create something and forbid it to us?

There are lots of things that you think god created that he forbid. What about marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, poppy, cocaine, etc.?
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 06:19:35 AM »
PrE4chEr... what is that critter thingie for your avatar??  I love the eyeballs... hmm, they are eyeballs, right?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 06:27:19 AM »
PrE4chEr... what is that critter thingie for your avatar??  I love the eyeballs... hmm, they are eyeballs, right?

He is the one and only true almighty God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Embrace Him and let His noodly appendage touch your heart and soul. Deny Him and suffer His wrath.

P.S. You don't want to deny Him. His wrath really sucks. He will poke you in the eye with His noodly appendage. It hurts really bad. Trust me, I have seen Him do it.

May sauce be upon you. RAmen.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »
Fish, you keep speaking about YOUR belief..... I have no "devil" in my religion!  Man is responsible for his own actions, or lack thereof, in many religions!

Kari,  I may be wrong but I think what fish is saying is these folks will have the ultimate excuse...they were born physically with an urge they can't control to do something. 

That would give any attorney in the world a great argument and in our society that is as a rule doing the exact opposite of what you are saying... "Man is responsible for his own actions..." it then gives folks a pass on bad behavor, or my personal favorte, at least skip the punishment and lets do the rehab, that of course for a gene that makes you want to commit a crime. 

As far as the gay gene, in the past employers who have moral objections to gay partnerships have said it is a lifestyle choice and they don't want to support it by providing benifits to their partners as they do for spouses.  Many believe that if this gene could be proven then the courts could force employers to provide the same benifits to everyone regardless of moral objections.  Of course the outcome in many areas will be employers providing no benifits to anyone so then it is still all equal which will still be in compliance with the law.  It will be another example of the failed Potty Parody Bill of years ago in DC.

I agree with both you and Prech, people should be responsible for their own actions and should resist doing the bad stuff...but I personally don't believe our courts have shown they agree with us.

Again, JMO,
Dave

P.S.  Fish, I am not trying to put words in your mouth but I figured the argument I have heard many times is pretty much what you are talking about.  Forgive me if I am wrong.
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

He is the one and only true almighty God, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Embrace Him and let His noodly appendage touch your heart and soul. Deny Him and suffer His wrath.

P.S. You don't want to deny Him. His wrath really sucks. He will poke you in the eye with His noodly appendage. It hurts really bad. Trust me, I have seen Him do it.

How sweet to offer the blessings of your Flying Spaghetti Monster!  May sauce be upon you also!
BTW, my knock down gorgeous neice saw your post and now is bugging me... she wants to know if you're her age, single and heterosexual.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »

Kari,  I may be wrong but I think what fish is saying is these folks will have the ultimate excuse...they were born physically with an urge they can't control to do something. 

That would give any attorney in the world a great argument and in our society that is as a rule doing the exact opposite of what you are saying... "Man is responsible for his own actions..." it then gives folks a pass on bad behavor, or my personal favorte, at least skip the punishment and lets do the rehab, that of course for a gene that makes you want to commit a crime. 

As far as the gay gene, in the past employers who have moral objections to gay partnerships have said it is a lifestyle choice and they don't want to support it by providing benifits to their partners as they do for spouses.  Many believe that if this gene could be proven then the courts could force employers to provide the same benifits to everyone regardless of moral objections.  Of course the outcome in many areas will be employers providing no benifits to anyone so then it is still all equal which will still be in compliance with the law.  It will be another example of the failed Potty Parody Bill of years ago in DC.

I agree with both you and Prech, people should be responsible for their own actions and should resist doing the bad stuff...but I personally don't believe our courts have shown they agree with us.

Again, JMO,
Dave

P.S.  Fish, I am not trying to put words in your mouth but I figured the argument I have heard many times is pretty much what you are talking about.  Forgive me if I am wrong.

You make a lot of claims, but I'm not seeing any proof.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline dayluxe111

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 01:12:08 AM »

Is that blessing upon the sauce for both of us?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:52 AM »
Is that blessing upon the sauce for both of us?
Sweetie... I would think he meant both of us!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 01:41:58 AM »
Sweetie... I would think he meant both of us!
Kari you need to take a better picture of your niece's eyes all i see is black ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.