Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Head on collision Richland  (Read 17571 times)

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
Re: Head on collision Richland
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 01:30:40 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I appreciate you replying back, thank you Darrell. I am glad that it wasnt taken while getting him out but it sure looks like it.
Why wasnt a photo taken of the other vechicle as well? Just wondering.

Thanks for your inquiry; I'm always willing to answer questions about what I did and why I did it.

Actually I did take photos of both vehicles. Assuming that both vehicles have obvious major damage and both photos turn out OK, I generally avoid running major crash photos of the vehicle whose driver, according to official reports, was not responsible for the crash. Most of the time at the crash scene I have no way to know which driver did what, so I photograph both vehicles, and sometimes the photos of the innocent victim's vehicle are the only ones usable.

According to the state patrol report, one driver was responsible -- I don't know what caused the pickup driver to lose control and perhaps nobody will ever know, but it's clear from the state patrol report which driver it was who lost control of their vehicle.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline cricket

• me 115 feet up inn the air
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 01:40:37 AM »
Quote from: cricket on Today at 03:57:45 PM I want you to be able to say this when it is your son or daughter. Bet you would change your mind.

Actually, I've been at and photographed a car crash involving ed-ed's daughter on a different part of Highway 133.

Yes I know. But his daughter walked away so it is totally different!!
Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 03:46:10 AM »
FYI, here are eight other news media reports of the Highway 133 crash.

http://lakeexpo.com/articles/2008/12/29/top_news/09.txt
http://news-leader.com/article/20081228/NEWS01/812280366
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20081227/BREAKING01/81227044/1007/NEWS01
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/36808519.html
http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=99831
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/36789779.html
http://www.ktts.com/tabid/1666/xmid/28506/Default.aspx
http://www.lakesunleader.com/news/x512366246/Crash-kills-one

Here's the Associated Press report which was carried in the Kansas City Star, Columbia Missourian, Rockford (IL) Register-Star, USA Today, Fort Mill (SC) Times, KSDK-TV5 St. Louis, KSHB-TV41 Kansas City, the Cape Girardeau Southeast Missourian, WIBW-TV13 Topeka, and about 40 other TV and print outlets:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/954911.html

All are based on the state patrol crash report, which is here:
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP68/AccidentDetailsAction?ACC_RPT_NUM=A060469I

and the state patrol Christmas crash summary, which is here:
http://www.hannibal.net/accidents/x131780953/Missouri-s-holiday-traffic-deaths-reported

People may not like it, but crashes are news.

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 04:22:21 AM »
Darrell you don't have to justify your story or picture.
It's news....... pictures are part of the news.
In this case it was local and people new them or it brought back bad memories.
But it is still news and if one young man buckles up after seeing what has happened more power to you.
Everyday we see on the teley people that have been burnt and shot by some mad santa or war dead, car wrecks and so many more ways to die.......death is what follows life.
My wish is everyone reaches a prime "OLD" age and dies from natural causes, bt this isn't going to happen.
So just keep reporting the facts and of coarse we will bitch at you when we don't like it.......but what else is new huh?  ***(**&   :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 04:50:17 AM »
I appreciate you replying back, thank you Darrell. I am glad that it wasnt taken while getting him out but it sure looks like it.
Why wasnt a photo taken of the other vechicle as well? Just wondering.
Showme most of the time someone holds up a sheet or screen when they are removing bodies so the gawkers can't see.
Also a lot of times photos from reporters are very valuable in court so keep that in mind.
So the next time someone runs into the back of your car take lots of pictures so if you find out later you have a back injury or whip lash you can file suit.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 05:01:16 AM »
Years ago, my mil was in an accident - a 1970's toyota rammed into her 1990's minivan so hard that it knocked her van on its side.
(This was in a 35mph zone in Hernando County Florida.)
My mil went to the hospital was seen in the ER and then released -- collapsed on the way out of the ER and was in ICU for quite a while.  During this time suddenly Mr and Mrs toyota changed their story.  Mrs Pregnant Toyota wasn't driving anymore, Mr Toyota was.  and the Toyota did NOT hit the van, the van hit the toyota and that story almost flew ---
EXCEPT there were those in the press, those who saw the accident, and those who lived right there and saw it took pictures.  Using those photos a reenactment was able to be done, and the truth was able to come out.
Yes - different outcome, but it almost was not.  Her heart and lungs were badly bruised---
Yes, the pictures can be horribly gruesome, but they can also serve a valuable purpose --- Both for those involved in the accident AND as a reminder to those drivers who see them to be careful.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
I've kept quiet but I'm going to say something. I've known Levi many years. I taught him in church, and there was a time a couple years ago where I couldn't go anywhere without taking him and his sisters along with me. We weren't related but his Uncle Jason is my second cousin, so we always just considered ourselves cousins. Levi was a great kid, he was so strong while battling cancer and I was so pleased at the way his classmates supported him. I'm not trying to be morbid but I needed to see that picture. It was a sort of closure to me. When he got into high school and I started dating Joe we didn't really talk anymore but that didn't mean I loved him any less. I know as a parent now how hard it would be, how much of yourself you put into your kids, but his family and Linda's family know that the paper will run these pictures and will run the story and more than likely they will avoid it until they are ready to see it, if they ever are.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
All I am saying is... I would rather know who they were, what they did in life etc. And see a picture of them.

That's what the obituary is for though, right? I know when the boys wrote Trina's they were very particular about what they wanted in it and every bit of it was there. What she collected and that she loved her sons, etc.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »

Actually, I've been at and photographed a car crash involving ex-ed's daughter on a different part of Highway 133. ...

My grandson was involved in that rollover too. Thank G-d he wasn't hurt. Daughter had numerous bruises and a knee injury. No comparison to this last one, though. Prayers for the families.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
Most of them dont put much in them! Half the time I cant even find one!!!

That's true. I never did see Trina's, guess it was in the paper but it never made it to the website.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
tonite is levi's visitation 6-8 and tomorrow is the funeral at the richland school at 11
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »
Where is visitation?

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »
funeral home in Crocker for visitation~ Richland High school for funeral..

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
Thank you for the information.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 10:31:48 PM »
burial on A highway..

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 02:12:53 AM »
This is the obit in the daily guide...
Doesnt even tell you when visitation or the funeral is.
So thank you for the information.
Levi Robert Clark, 17, of Crocker, died Saturday, Dec. 27, 2008 as the result of an automobile accident. Arrangements are under the direction of the Long Funeral Home in Crocker.

As long as people are looking for obituary information, here's my article with a lot of background on the two people killed that was provided by the Richland Junior High School principal, who knew them both.

Funerals announced for Richland mayor's wife, Richland High student
RICHLAND, Mo. — Linda Wall, 63, the wife of Richland Mayor Bob Wall, and Levi Clark, 17, a Richland High School student, died just a few hours apart following a Saturday afternoon crash on Highway 133 east of Richland. This week, funeral services for both Clark and Wall will be held in the community where Wall taught school for many years and where Clark attended school. Clark’s funeral will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday at Richland High School, with visitation Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Long Funeral Home in Crocker and also from 10 a.m. to the time of service on Wednesday at the high school. Wall’s funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the First Christian Church of Richland, with visitation from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday at the church. Read More ...
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 04:51:10 AM »
That was a very nice article~

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »
Thanks, Showme. News media routinely do articles on the deaths of prominent people, and the wife of the mayor of Richland qualifies. I knew this article was coming while all the other comments were being made, but I don't publicly state articles are coming that I don't yet know if I can deliver.

You ask whether I will be covering the funeral service. Good question... let me explain why I do not plan to be there today.

A funeral service is a private family affair; even though the public is invited, that doesn't necessarily mean reporters with cameras and notebooks in hand are going to be welcomed. I would not do an article on a funeral without the specific prior consent of the family, and barring extraordinary circumstances, there is no way I am going to call a grieving family member and ask for permission to cover a funeral service. I also need to remember that if I do one, I need to do every similar event from that point onward. I simply cannot commit to covering every funeral service in person of every teenager who dies in a car crash, or every funeral service of the spouse of a city council member.

Pretty much the only cases I have done articles on funerals or memorial services involved the combat deaths of soldiers, because families often want to publicly honor the deaths of their loved ones who gave their lives for their country. Even then, Army Public Affairs coordinates that coverage and families sometimes request that media not be present or place limits on what they want us to be allowed to do. (Common examples -- no flash photography during the funeral, no TV crews moving around near the front of the church during the funeral, etc.)

I sincerely hope it is helpful to explain what I do and why I do it.

If I could keep passing out positive reps non stop to you I would!!!!!
This was an absolutely great article Darrell!! Thank you so so much!!!!
I cant even express that you touched my heart with this article about both of the victims and reached us in a way to know them personally and the meaning their lives had and who they were and what impact they had with the time they had here on earth.
Thanks again in so many ways!!
*I am truely sorry if I may have offended you by any comments I made I didnt intend for it too however, you got it... you nailed it on what I was wanting and I need no more explaining.
I hope that for those who cant attend that you will give us an article about the services.
Thanks again it was beautiful!!  ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**&
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »
 I thought that was the coolest thing ever when all the kids shaved their heads in support of Levi. He must have been a very special and loved young man. Go with God Levi.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin