Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: SCAM Email  (Read 1779 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
SCAM Email
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I just received a Scam email frosomeone purpoting to be from the FBI.  It also asks you to contact them in Nigeria.  If you get this, don't answer it and don't email or call them.  I forwarded it to the Kansas City FBI for their information and investigation.  It won't paste properly here so I won't post it, but the subject line is "FBI" and makes it sound as though you are under investigation  The FBI would never inform you if they were investigating you to start with.  Just a heads up.

Jim

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
Re: SCAM Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
I dont know of any legal organization that would contact you by email asking for any personal information.  So any email you get asking for such should be reported and deleted.  If you do receive an email from someone you do do business with dont respond by email call them just to be on the safe side

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
I've received the same and reported it.... also, there is an email going around trying to use an army.mil email address from 914 scammers:

Subject: PLEASE GET BACK TO ME SOON...From Capt. Larry Hoag
Hello friend,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

My name is Capt. Larry Hoag; I am a captain with the United Nations troop in Iraq, on war against terrorism.

Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from  Iraq come this year, Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism.

I have clean and unambiguous fund (US$16,000,000.00) sixteen million United States Dollars that I secured from crude oil deal here in Iraq. I wish to Invest this money in a profitable long-term business in your custody/company under your supervision. I have however contacted you on trust to discuss your assistance and commission in this endeavor because I will be staying in the camp for more 3 years for United Nations troop in Iraq.

I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing him that I am making contact with you,I cannot move this money to the United States or any country by my self because of the nature of my duty in the US army, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to Europe where you will be the  beneficiary because I am a uniformed Person and I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.

I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service .I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secured website where I can be sure that the person is real. I believe I can trust you.

Where we are now, we can only communicate through our military communication facilities which are secured so nobody can monitor our emails, and then I can explain in details to you.

I will only reach you through email, because our calls might be monitored, I  just have to be sure whom I am dealing with.

If you are interested please send me your personal details so I can feed you for further detail when I am out of our military network. I am writing from my US Army email account so if you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message and if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else.

I wait for your contact details so we can go on. In less than 14days the money should have been noted on your account and I will come over for my money. I will give to you 40% of the sum and 60% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Get back to me with your full information:

YOUR FULL NAME.......................
COMPANY NAME........................
YOUR FULL ADDRESS....................
A SCAN COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE/ INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER.........

Waiting to receive  information from you soon.

Regards,

Capt. Larry Hoag
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
well at least they picked a name that comes up in the AKO white pages....but Lawrence Hoag is a Sergeant...not a captain.   lol

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
You would think that people realize it's a scam, unfortunately I actually knew someone who WAS scammed!  They really thought they were going to get money and ended up losing $1500.00.  Greed causes people to be idiots!!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline medicm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
As many years as we've had the internet, and as many of these scam emails have gone out, it never ceases to amaze me that people still fall for it!  I can't count the number of times I've won the Nigerian or UK lottery, but supposedly have to pay them something to collect it.  The only one that has actually ever really concerned me was when a friend's email got hacked into (after she fell for one of those "give me your passwords, addresses, DNA sample, etc." emails).  The hacker did his research, but there were still doubts in my mind when he was asking for money.  It wasn't even a large amount ($600), but was still asking for money.  He had read enough of her emails & information, that he actually sounded like her, except there were some things that still made me think.  I contacted my friend to verify, and sure enough, she had been hacked.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER give your information to ANYONE online requesting it (or over the phone either).  Your bank will NEVER ask you for passwords by phone/email unless you physically walk into their institution.  And NEVER send money to someone who claims "that's all you have to do to get $xxx,xxx back".  SCAM!

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 12:51:17 AM »
I've received the same and reported it.... also, there is an email going around trying to use an army.mil email address from 914 scammers:

Subject: PLEASE GET BACK TO ME SOON...From Capt. Larry Hoag
Hello friend,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

My name is Capt. Larry Hoag; I am a captain with the United Nations troop in Iraq, on war against terrorism.

Based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from  Iraq come this year, Our mission is to help beef up terrorist targeted states, mostly the United States and the European Union on the war against terrorism.

I have clean and unambiguous fund (US$16,000,000.00) sixteen million United States Dollars that I secured from crude oil deal here in Iraq. I wish to Invest this money in a profitable long-term business in your custody/company under your supervision. I have however contacted you on trust to discuss your assistance and commission in this endeavor because I will be staying in the camp for more 3 years for United Nations troop in Iraq.

I deposited this money with a Red Cross agent informing him that I am making contact with you,I cannot move this money to the United States or any country by my self because of the nature of my duty in the US army, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to Europe where you will be the  beneficiary because I am a uniformed Person and I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.

I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service .I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secured website where I can be sure that the person is real. I believe I can trust you.

Where we are now, we can only communicate through our military communication facilities which are secured so nobody can monitor our emails, and then I can explain in details to you.

I will only reach you through email, because our calls might be monitored, I  just have to be sure whom I am dealing with.

If you are interested please send me your personal details so I can feed you for further detail when I am out of our military network. I am writing from my US Army email account so if you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message and if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else.

I wait for your contact details so we can go on. In less than 14days the money should have been noted on your account and I will come over for my money. I will give to you 40% of the sum and 60% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Get back to me with your full information:

YOUR FULL NAME.......................
COMPANY NAME........................
YOUR FULL ADDRESS....................
A SCAN COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE/ INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE NUMBER.........

Waiting to receive  information from you soon.

Regards,

Capt. Larry Hoag

Firts warning that this was a scam, if you read the email fully, is how bad the english language is being used.  A Captain and an intelligence office should be able to write better than this