Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT  (Read 105968 times)

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
Re: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I look forward to hearing what the candidates have to say and will keep an open mind while they state their positions, etc.  I will make up my mind once I hear what they have to say and closer to the primary.  The only one I do know I will not vote for is JT Roberts for several reason, that I will keep to myself.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »
Management skills, with "what you have"   making do and still being effective with continuous improvement & Leadership....
Organizational & cultural considerations for improvement.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »
Again, that is my perception of Bill.  Has he changed?  Saw him in court too when we were both in for voir dire.  He readily admitted that when a police officer arrests someone, he feels the person is automatically guilty.  Bill knows me I think.  Maybe he will read this one and correct me if I am wrong.  BTW, the court thing is not mistake.  I was standing right next to him when he raised his hand to this particular question.  Crazy Horse, you can give him my name. Now he can be concerned according to his own statement.  If he is lurking on the board and not discussing, then he needs to start talking if he wants support.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »
     I have been able to read about JB and what he'd like to do - as for the other 3 candidates -- I know virtually nothing about them --- One bought a boat for $1 from the county, 1 "owns a great place to do karaoke", and 1 "gave up a VERY well paying job just to run" -- I have only seen signs from 1 of the 3
     I've gleaned these things from PCW and the Daily Guide Site -- Personally I'd like to hear something from all the candidates about what they'll do with the next few years if elected ---
Isn't there a primary coming up soon?  Talk to us fellas, please!
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
I hope that is not the case matrsnot. As you know I agree with you on that. Police make arrests all the time and the person isn't guilty. Thank goodness for our Constitution, you have to go before a magistrate and have a right to council.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
He was quoted in the paper as saying something that sounded like he doesn't like our freedom of speech that we, to the largest extent, enjoy on here.

Again, that is my perception of Bill.  Has he changed?  Saw him in court too when we were both in for voir dire.  He readily admitted that when a police officer arrests someone, he feels the person is automatically guilty.  Bill knows me I think.  Maybe he will read this one and correct me if I am wrong.  BTW, the court thing is not mistake.  I was standing right next to him when he raised his hand to this particular question.  Crazy Horse, you can give him my name. Now he can be concerned according to his own statement.  If he is lurking on the board and not discussing, then he needs to start talking if he wants support.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
That unauthorized shooting incident? Could you enlighten us further? Sounds really bad..

Biker and I disagree on Bill.  As I said before, my PERCEPTION of him is that he is a power seeker.  Yeah, he gave up his cushy job on post, and they are right, this is not about money.  It is about POWER.  What improvements is he proposing that the monies provided will allow him to do?  Notice he is not running a patrol car anymore.  Not since that unauthorized shooting incident a few years ago.  I am gonna be voting for JB, no matter what.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »
Bill was a Police Officer with Waynesville.  Shot at a car after it had passed him and posed no further danger to himself.  Hit the car.  the guy was simply speeding.  Check with Judge McCullough for details.

Offline tux5

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2008, 11:53:58 PM »
Go             Bill was a Police Officer with Waynesville.  Shot at a car after it had passed him

WAS YOU

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »
Car will stop when shot?

I thought the car was coming right at Billy & he shot to stop it, in defense. I'll find out. I didn't know much about it. I'll ask Bill when I see him.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2008, 12:53:00 AM »
Ask him where the round hit too.  It was in the papers at the time.  I am not against Bill.  I like him as a person.  I just don't want to see him as the sheriff.  Again, it is about power as far as I can ascertain.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »
I know about his heavy involvement with the Department Crazy Horse. 

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2008, 10:58:25 PM »
Most departments have a "shooting board" or similar oversight in the event of shootings.  If Bill was cleared by such an oversight board, there shouldn't be a problem.  I think we want to make sure we vote for someone because of where they stand on the issues and not try to impune anyone's character. 

Offline jclapp

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:30 AM »
Gary, I have read all the posts concerning the Law Enforcement Tax and the canidates running for the Sheriff's position.  It seems like you are consistantly bragging on Bill Anderson.  Are you in fact endorsing him for the position of Sheriff.   I guess my family will stick with JB for another term.............

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2008, 04:44:23 AM »
jclapp, actually I am just trying to defend people; when I can. I also defended Terry when cruel stuff was said (which Rick deleted, the bad stuff). To be honest, I like all four of them. I am not endorsing anyone. As a previous politican my endorsement can help some...but as all good politican's wisely know...can hurt as well. So, no I am not endorsing Bill. I haven't made decision on who I will vote for yet to be honest. I just, having known him since boyhood hate to see him hit so hard on a web site that I love. Sometimes our web site can be pretty cruel. I know I took my licks when I was a commissioner, hahaha. By-the-way, are you the jclapp I have known for years (my son use to work for)?

Offline jclapp

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2008, 05:05:56 AM »
Yes and Nathan and his family are still good friends of mine.   A great bunch of young people. I was not trying to give you a hard time about Bill.  Just looked as if you were really pushing him to the front.  Sorry about the stuff people wrote about Terry. I have known him for a long time.  I noticed that you said that you had cancer. I have it again and this makes four times for me.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
We all think a lot of you & family. Remember those fun years with the kids all playing football. Good years there J.
Thank the Good Lord my cancer seems to be clean, they think they got all the malignant cells. How is yours doing?
Back to the sheriff's race. I don't know. I think a time has come to consider management and organizational skills, due to the fiscal limitations. I also think a person who can lead and motivate the troops, when tough times (fiscally) hit is when it takes all of your skills to maintain the people's desire to be the best. You know exactly what I mean as you have been in management positions many times. So, I guess I am seeing who can lead these good people the best, with limited resources...which will be the challenge of the next sheriff.

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
Gary as usual your on track about what qualities to look for in the upcoming election.  I hope all the candidates will run in a positive manner, tell us what their ideas are and what direction they want to go in and not get in a urinating for distance contest or other silly reasons.  And this web site does get cruel, and often incorrect as we've already seen the past few days.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »
Altough the are many incorrect things on here, it is a reflection of what people do believe to be true, and without this site these rumors would go uncorrected. I have also noticed that no one challenges correct facts, that's the part I enjoy the most. That's how we find out the truth in my opinion.

Gary as usual your on track about what qualities to look for in the upcoming election.  I hope all the candidates will run in a positive manner, tell us what their ideas are and what direction they want to go in and not get in a urinating for distance contest or other silly reasons.  And this web site does get cruel, and often incorrect as we've already seen the past few days.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2008, 04:47:31 PM »
No impugnment was intended. To the best of my knowledge, there was and is no "shooting board."  I will also note that what I said about being automatically guilty is true.  I was there and standing right next to him when he admitted such.  That aside, I like Bill.  I also like JB.  Not sure I would want to see JT back in there though as too many bridges were burned when he left.  Just my personal opinions on them. 

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:29 AM »
I understand Matrsnot. Who knows, a lot of time to decide. I am not sure yet. I probably will see which one supports the Second Amendment, Right to carry & so forth the strongest, then vote for that one. I assume you seen we lost a good friend in Charleton Heston....

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »
Yes, the Presidient died yesterday.  Very sad.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »
I also hope to see a good spirited race, without name calling and such things.  I would like to hear what the others plan to do with the limited funds there are to work with.

Offline exclusive

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2008, 03:50:16 AM »
I know its a bit off topic but how does this karma thing work cause i dont have any. Does that mean I always post bad things cause I dont post that often? Someone explain please and how to fix it.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2008, 04:23:07 AM »
Hahaha, exclusive, I can't help ya. I lose mine bout as fast as I get em. I don't know how they work.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
I know its a bit off topic but how does this karma thing work cause i dont have any. Does that mean I always post bad things cause I dont post that often? Someone explain please and how to fix it.

Go post in the karma thread. The more karma you give other people, the more they will give in return.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
Spoke to Earl Arnold today, he says he will support putting the Law Enforcement Tax on the ballot to let voters decide.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2008, 05:34:16 AM »
right on go Earl
Biscuit

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2008, 12:26:00 AM »
I'll look and see. I remember some from Waynesville. I'll see what I can find.

Offline 0310

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2008, 02:38:38 AM »
Could Pulaski County adopt a plan like this that could be profitable and free up jail space?
Just a thought.
www.stanthonysf.org/services/services-farm.html - 27k