Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT  (Read 106203 times)

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Re: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2008, 04:13:17 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

yes teddy was asked to come on here, i was the one who asked him. none of the commissioners that are in office right now will get on here and post anything for the public because they really dont care what the people want. the only commissioner i have ever respected was gary because he was willing to post answers on things we wanted to know about. and that is why i respect teddy because he is willing to do the same. i have known him for 33 years now and he would do a great job.
Well if he can't stand a little heat how do you think he could handle a job like being a commissioner? they get there asses chewed everyday and then in the paper and on message boards.
Man up or wave the french flag
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2008, 04:33:28 AM »
Wait a minute, in one post you tell us you are Ted Helms and in another you write this, and I quote, "I was reading Ted Helms web site and it says that he is in favor of a sales tax."

Don't try and pretend you were not trying to fool us by changing your name, you screwed up, people caught it and brought it to my attention. I was not being unfriendly in any way.. I was just stating your obvious error.. Judge for yourself people, go read his history of posts, but remember he was changing his name regularly.

And another thing don't refer to me as rich, I am not rich at all.. One more thing don't say you don't need my endorsement again, I wasn't offering one, and you sure as hell won't get it thinking you can fool the people of Pulaski County. Now you have a reason to bitch about me.. Enjoy.

I know the name changes Rick, I watch what I post. I notice others have different names and I was exploring that option. I received a message with an elvis character after I had switched my name and I switched again to ask them how I can use it. I didnt ask for, nor do I want or need your endorsement. As far as the job I am a candidate because I know I can do better than what we have now, and I am qualified for the job, I would have already dropped out if I thought I wont do a better job than those who are also running. As far as paying taxes, I have paid personal property tax since I was 17 years old. Just for your information, as I have stated many times I live on my brothers farm. I live in a mobile home that I am paying for, so I don't pay real estate tax, my brother does. I am not a rich man like many of you, I have to make my signs for the job. It does not disqualify me from the job because I do not own real estate, so what difference does that make. I got on this site because I was asked to come on. I thought that is what you all wanted, candidates and the current seated office holders on the site to get their opinions. I liked what I saw on here so I have been reading to gather information and get ideas. What other purpose is the site suppose to have, other than getting information and giving opinions. I have received a lot of information about the law enforcement tax and I support a form of the tax because of what I have learned here. I have never suggested that any one is naive or that any one cant figure out who I am. My web site is on the bottom of this response and has been for a while. Maybe you should only be inviting people to the blog that feel the same as you. Maybe every time someone writes something they should say all the names they are capable of writing something under so we all know who they are.   

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2008, 04:38:08 AM »
Gary has never once got on here and fed us a pile of bull.. He will always have my respect.. The successfully candidate on this board is not feeding us the bull..
 I don't doubt for one second thathe could be the man for the job, but don't come on here and insult the intelligence of the board members like some of the Commissioners have done, and not expect to have it pointed out.. The other Commissioners don't come on here because they know were not dumb enough to fall for their bull.

yes teddy was asked to come on here, i was the one who asked him. none of the commissioners that are in office right now will get on here and post anything for the public because they really dont care what the people want. the only commissioner i have ever respected was gary because he was willing to post answers on things we wanted to know about. and that is why i respect teddy because he is willing to do the same. i have known him for 33 years now and he would do a great job.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2008, 04:40:03 AM »
Wait a minute, in one post you tell us you are Ted Helms and in another you write this, and I quote, "I was reading Ted Helms web site and it says that he is in favor of a sales tax."

Don't try and pretend you were not trying to fool us by changing your name, you screwed up, people caught it and brought it to my attention. I was not being unfriendly in any way.. I was just stating your obvious error.. Judge for yourself people, go read his history of posts, but remember he was changing his name regularly.

And another thing don't refer to me as rich, I am not rich at all.. One more thing don't say you don't need my endorsement again, I wasn't offering one, and you sure as hell won't get it thinking you can fool the people of Pulaski County. Now you have a reason to bitch about me.. Enjoy.

He can't say he wasn't warned now can he &^&&(  Wave the Flag Ted, wave the flag.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2008, 04:46:53 AM »
Please explain to me this rule about niceness, I am not familiar with it..

What happened to the be nice rule on here, maybe the site administrator should practice what is preached.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
Ted I don't understand why you changed your name?  And spoke of yourself in 3rd person?  Please explain what made you do that.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline hawkeyehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »
I was reading Ted Helms web site and it says that he is in favor of a sales tax.

Mr.Helms this is the comment that has everyone concerned. If you are wanting to be honest just modify your post, And tell the truth.

Offline hawkeyehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »
Gary has never once got on here and fed us a pile of bull.. He will always have my respect.. The successfully candidate on this board is not feeding us the bull..
 I don't doubt for one second that he could be the man for the job, but don't come on here and insult the intelligence of the board members like some of the Commissioners have done, and not expect to have it pointed out.. The other Commissioners don't come on here because they know were not dumb enough to fall for their bull.

Wow looks like all of this is starting to get way out of hand. I don't know why ted changed his name on the board and said what he did but there has been alot of  people come on here and post things and then change there name. Bashing someone for changing there name isn't right either. No he shouldn't have wrote what he did maybe he should have said "by the way I am in favor for the LE tax put on the ballot."

I can see where Kathy is commenting about the other getting on here, I don't think she is referring to the commissioners in office right now, I think she is talking about all the candidates that are running this time. Why is it that there is only one getting on here and talking to us? Why cant the other Candidates get on here and tell us why they think they are worthy of the job? Just like in the Sheriff race at least JB and Terry do get on here and talk to us so why cant the others running get on here and say why they are running?

My question to Ted.... There is someone who is on the western side that never works a 40 hour week, He takes off early or doesn't show up at all for doing his personal backhoe jobs and makes it look like he has never missed (because he does the books himself) and sometimes he uses his tag along buddy that also works for the county so he is getting paid for both jobs. What do you plan on doing about these men? Are you going to make it all stops and make forsure these men are only getting paid for the hours they do work? What changes are you planning on making with these men if you were to make it in?

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
I am not bashing Ted for changing his name,  I just want to know why he did.  I personally like Ted very much,  but now that it has come out in a bad way,  I think if he explains it will help matters. 

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
     I would think that giving impact aid to Pulaski county for the lack of property tax funds would be difficult for one main reason --- the folks living on Fort Leonard Wood are basically renters or boarders --- renters living off post, be they military, college students, or just people who can't/don't want to buy are also renters and renters do not pay property taxes.

That is correct, the renter doesn't pay the property tax, but the owner of said property pays them!  In any event someone pays the property tax for the property.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 16, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »
My question to Ted.... There is someone who is on the western side that never works a 40 hour week, He takes off early or doesn't show up at all for doing his personal backhoe jobs and makes it look like he has never missed (because he does the books himself) and sometimes he uses his tag along buddy that also works for the county so he is getting paid for both jobs. What do you plan on doing about these men? Are you going to make it all stops and make forsure these men are only getting paid for the hours they do work? What changes are you planning on making with these men if you were to make it in?

Sorry, but I don't see how anyone can ask him to comment on this situation.  Was it ever proven to be true?  How can someone comment on such personnel actions prior to being elected?  One, it's not fair to the individual seeking office and two, it's not fair to the person/people being accused of doing the deed!

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »
First of all let me say as far as workers working or not working their shift or doing the job. I have stated that I will be a full time commissioner, I won't have a second job and I will be out there,  on the days that I am not in a commission meeting or some other meeting, driving the roads seeing what needs done, supervising the supervisor, checking what is done and talking to people about their concerns about the roads and the budget or what ever else they want to talk about. Getting them answers and getting our roads back in shape. That is what I feel a county commissioner should be doing. 
When I wrote that I was reading Ted Helms web site and it says that he is in favor of a sales tax. The statement is deceptive, however in my defense as a novice blogger. I wanted to change my name from Ted after the first few times of being on the site and didnt know how to do it. None of you have your first name as your blog name other than Rick, the administrator and my friend Kathy. I changed my name before I made the comment because I wanted to change it in the first place. It took me a while to see how to do it as I am no computer wiz. Then after changing my name I decided to let you all know that I was for the tax. I should have let you know I was in favor of a tax with the name Ted and it would have been more to my benefit as a candidate to do so. However I had already changed my blog name. Not knowing that I could change it again the same day, hour or minute, I sent the comment in the 3rd person. I wasnt trying to hide that I am in favor of a tax, I wanted to let you know that I have changed my mind thanks to the many wise statements that Gary wrote, (I have always had great respect for Gary and Rick Smith)he makes a lot of sense. I would have much rather had a news conference and stated that I am in favor of a tax but thats not possible. It was wrong, yes I will admit that but I am sure that many candidates have made mistakes, just ask Bill Clinton what his definition of is, is. I had changed my name from Ted to conservative democrat. However I am not really a conservative democrat I am more of a conserv-liberal independent so I changed the name to Elvis 11. I like elvis he was also a fat bigmout so I changed it. I was just trying to get a name that I like. Unfortunately I did it at the wrong time.
Let's go fishing!

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »
I have been an investigator for the department of social services, police officer and municipal judge. I have been slapped, spit on, screamed at, threatend and I have had dead animals hanging on my front porch. I dont much care for my character being questioned but I can take it. I am the first to admit that I have made mistakes, running for this office is not one of them. I truly believe that I can do the job better than any of my oponents or I would not have ran in the first place.

Do you really want the current commissioners or candidates to come on this site to join in on your conversations? Are you really willing to listen to their opinions? I am not so sure. The reason I have not joined in on any of your conversations since the first time I came on is because most of you dont want to hear any opposing positions. That is my honest opinion, I am not bashing anyone personally. Just my thoughts and I am sure the thoughts of all the other candidates.   
Let's go fishing!

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
Hey Ted, glad to hear from you.  I want to Thank you for coming on here in the first place, that was pretty brave in itself.  I am hoping that the Crocker school allows the debate, I believe that will be your best forum.  Go head to head with your opponents (sp).  Face to face is the best way to go.  Alot of thoughts and opinions can be misconstrued when they are written, because people take them the wrong way, but when you are heard in person, then people know exactly what was meant.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »
What is your opposing position?

I believe most of us on here are genuinely concerned about the community, and defend it jealously. That is not a bad thing..

Thanks for steping up and giving us the straight skinny..

I have been an investigator for the department of social services, police officer and municipal judge. I have been slapped, spit on, screamed at, threatend and I have had dead animals hanging on my front porch. I dont much care for my character being questioned but I can take it. I am the first to admit that I have made mistakes, running for this office is not one of them. I truly believe that I can do the job better than any of my oponents or I would not have ran in the first place.

Do you really want the current commissioners or candidates to come on this site to join in on your conversations? Are you really willing to listen to their opinions? I am not so sure. The reason I have not joined in on any of your conversations since the first time I came on is because most of you dont want to hear any opposing positions. That is my honest opinion, I am not bashing anyone personally. Just my thoughts and I am sure the thoughts of all the other candidates.   

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
Nobody likes to hear opposing opinions.....it's human nature.  Some folks think they are right more times than others.

Fire away Ted.  If people don't like it they don't have to read it.   Course they take your karma too but that is all in fun.  Ya know you are irritating someone when your karma goes down. lol

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »

Ted/Elvis:  I somewhat agree with you concerning the opposing positions.  However, there are many on the board that do infact listen and don't get bent out of shape if someone doesn't agree with them.  I think it's a good thing to have someone such as yourself to get on this site and tell people what you would do if elected.  I've already seen you change your mind about the LE sales tax issue, which is great.

I can't vote for you, however, wish you luck on your run for the office.  We need Commissioner's that talk too, not at or down too the people they are supposed to be serving. 

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2008, 04:18:38 PM »
My opposing position at the time was the sales tax. It was not so much that I was opposed just unure if it was necessary. As a candidate I wanted to be sure that the tax was needed. I am now convinced that there is no money in the coffers for the sheriff to improve his department and to operate it properly on a day to day basis.

I am very concerned about our county and the economy in general. We have a lot of low income people here, including seniors who are struggling to live because they don't have money to pay for necessaries and food, and it is getting worse. The food banks are overwhelmed and they are getting little donations because no one has anything to give. I am very concerned about the middle class family as they are stretched to the limit with their finances. I am concerned that the crime rate is going to go up because people will do what they wouldnt normally do to provide for their family. It is getting worse and will continue to get worse until the value of the dollar raises and oil prices come down.

Your welcome Rick, I truly did not try to deceive. Just not computer savy. The computers I used for the state were tied into IBM's main site. You turned them on and got what information you needed. didnt need to know about the internet and how to move around on a computer.

Murfyzlaw, I thought the new school board would be the news but I guess there are not many candidates out there who need to have help to pay for the upcoming radio time that unfortunately is needed. I doubt they let me have it at the school but at least they will have to give a reason. I hope to see you and your family there. If and when it happens.

Let's go fishing!

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
Thank you 02, I do appreciate your honesty. I didnt know about the Karma thing so big numbers is a good thing, if it drops I am not in good graces of the masses. Since you dont live on the western side I would ask that you ask others that live in my district to give me some consideration and their vote.
Let's go fishing!

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 17, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »
Got to go I have a MOCA board meeting in a few minutes, I will be back on later this evening.
Let's go fishing!

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 17, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »
Even though I am not in your district, I am interested in your ideas and am looking forward to your posts. 

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 17, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »
Elvis11 has a much better ring than CLI would :)  Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the skinny was :)
We debate a lot here about opposing positions, but I think we all learn from it - some like it, some don't and some change their minds because of it.
conservative democrat I am more of a conserv-liberal independent so I changed the name to Elvis 11.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 17, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »
I personally would like to hear form our commissioners, those currently residing in the seats.  If for no other reason, that I could probably tear down their little meat house with absolute logic.  THEY are the ones not putting in time to actually earn their pay.  I owe them nothing but disdain.  So let me hear your ideas Ted.  I do live in the Western District and I am not just interested in the damn roads either.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2008, 02:07:37 PM »
Your right matrsnot, it would be nice to hear from our current commissioner's on topics like the Sewer District's current issues of the 8 million bond and the flat rate for the Hunter's Point subdivision, to name only a few!  My first question is why aren't they getting involved in the dispute between the Hwy H Utilities and the sewer district?  It's like we elect these people to represent us, but then when such issues surface, where the hell our they at?  Why don't they get into the issue and try and head off such problems?  Makes one think that we sure as heck need to clean house and start over and continue to clean house until we get Commissioner's that will stand up for the people they represent!

I can't believe Jerry Laughlin can just do whatever the hell he wants and nobody with any authority says a damn thing.  I'm sure a public utility company has curtain operating standards that they must adhear to and meter reading should be one of them.  The County doesn't realize how badly this type of situation will effect how people think about this County and could effect businesses decisions about locating here!

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
I guess you can clean house with a whole new crew but they still wont have any authority or reponsibility over the operation the sewer board.  Just like they have no authority over 911  or the PCAD.   Thats what happens when we get all these independent boards.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
Problem is Cowboy, the commissioners have the power to appoint their buddies to this board and then calim no responsibility for thier actions.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
If I remember when they replaced crismon it took 3 or 4 months just to find someone that would serve.  You have to be willing to do the job you have to live in the district etc. 

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »
If I remember when they replaced crismon it took 3 or 4 months just to find someone that would serve.  You have to be willing to do the job you have to live in the district etc. 

if i remember right they had someone willing to serve, but it tooke 3 or 4 months to find one of their good ole boy buddies to fill that seat.  matter of fact, yep, someone turned in an application, and went to the commissioners time and again, so that argument doesn't hold up with me.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
I know the one of the recent board members and he sure isn't a buddy of Bill Ransdall/Dennis Thornsberry/or Bill Farnham, so I don't know what the point is.  IMHO, the Commission should ask the sewer board about the progress being made on the stuff the audit found and ask for updates so the customers and be informed on the outcome.  I guess if all the residents in Hunter's Point refuse to pay their sewer bill they will block all of our sewer lines until we do.  I've heard that the flat rate will be about $50 per month, which is about $20 more then I currently pay.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »
Why should the Commission care about the sewer audit when they didn't care about their own?