Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT  (Read 106360 times)

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: TAXES FOR LAW ENFORCMENT
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

JB always has a bad habit of not telling all the facts.   It's always that one little piece of information that makes all the difference.

What facts? The fact is there is no money....To my opinion he has been honest
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
And JT ALWAYS told the full and complete facts?  Give me a break.  It is human nature to show oneself in the best possible light.  Is there anyone of this board claiming to be perfect?  That is like saying "I made a mistake once and that is when I THOUGHT I made a mistake.  Toss those stones around a little more.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
The fact is, JT has no business enforcing the law because he has no respect for it to begin with. Let's hear why MSHP let him go - c'mon Cowboy, Pistolwhip - tell us why.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
The fact is, JT has no business enforcing the law because he has no respect for it to begin with. Let's hear why MSHP let him go - c'mon Cowboy, Pistolwhip - tell us why.

I've heard rumor....would love to know the facts.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2008, 06:46:38 PM »
JB what about the commissioners trying to impeach JT,  over a failure to purchase a bond within 15 days, which he obtained the same day he was elected, AND  the fact that JT didnt get any of the civil fees money, and the order issued by Judge Wiggins which ordered him to vacate the court house and turn it over to the commissioners, which had been filed by the commissioners. If you are going to tell the story, get it correct and all the facts. By the way if JT had been impeached, 85 other sheriffs would have been impeached and all persons arrested and all civil and criminal process performed by the 86 sheriffs for the prior 4 years would have been null and void.  Read the law. Thanks to his efforts you now enjoy using the civil fees money.........
JB always has a bad habit of not telling all the facts.   It's always that one little piece of information that makes all the difference.

Give us the facts then.  There isn't much here, just a lot of confused babbling. 
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »

I'd love to hear that myself. 

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »
JB what about the commissioners trying to impeach JT,  over a failure to purchase a bond within 15 days, which he obtained the same day he was elected, AND  the fact that JT didnt get any of the civil fees money, and the order issued by Judge Wiggins which ordered him to vacate the court house and turn it over to the commissioners, which had been filed by the commissioners. If you are going to tell the story, get it correct and all the facts. By the way if JT had been impeached, 85 other sheriffs would have been impeached and all persons arrested and all civil and criminal process performed by the 86 sheriffs for the prior 4 years would have been null and void.  Read the law. Thanks to his efforts you now enjoy using the civil fees money.........

The question was asked and was directed to ME as to how much money was spent on the lawsuit. I answered that question. The "stuff" you are posting was never on here. I did not raise any of those points. I did not comment on those points. If you wish to campaign for JT be my guest. FYI, I have included in the next paragraph the exact question that was asked.

"I believe most of the discretionary fund was gone when JB took over.  Something close to $75K.  Correct me if I am wrong or not even in the ball park JB."

JB

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
That's correct you answered the question - but instead of saying it was $252,000 you had to add two full pages about prisoner boarding which was not part of the question. But  you say

The question was asked and was directed to ME as to how much money was spent on the lawsuit. I answered that question. The "stuff" you are posting was never on here. I did not raise any of those points. I did not comment on those points. If you wish to campaign for JT be my guest. FYI, I have included in the next paragraph the exact question that was asked.

"I believe most of the discretionary fund was gone when JB took over.  Something close to $75K.  Correct me if I am wrong or not even in the ball park JB."

JB

so where did this question raise anything about inmate boarding it did not so why did you post it?

Where do you say that the county commission voted, in January 2001, to send inmates to other facilities.   That's another one of those little facts left out.   And what about in the 2004 campaign wheb Carmack keep saying that because of your superior administrative skills you would make the out sourcing go away - what happend about that.?

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »
That's correct you answered the question - but instead of saying it was $252,000 you had to add two full pages about prisoner boarding which was not part of the question. But  you say

so where did this question raise anything about inmate boarding it did not so why did you post it?

Where do you say that the county commission voted, in January 2001, to send inmates to other facilities.   That's another one of those little facts left out.   And what about in the 2004 campaign wheb Carmack keep saying that because of your superior administrative skills you would make the out sourcing go away - what happend about that.?

He did because he can !!!!
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »

Where do you say that the county commission voted, in January 2001, to send inmates to other facilities.   That's another one of those little facts left out.   And what about in the 2004 campaign wheb Carmack keep saying that because of your superior administrative skills you would make the out sourcing go away - what happend about that.?

If adding critical remarks from the Missouri State Auditor's Office that were directed at JT and the County Commission bothers you then hide because there are a bunch of pages from several audit's that have not yet been copied.

As to the Commissioners voting to transfer the inmates to another jail I did not know that little fact and I don't think they had much of a choice since we are limited to roughly 30 here and the jail list today runs 65 as a routine number. In Sept. 2004 the number was close to 110 inmates. I will be the first to say JT had no choice but to exceed the spending limits on inmate board.

Carmack said I could order the Judges and PA to limit the number of inmates on the list?  I think I missed that one and I surely cannot do that one. You probably need to ask Carmack about that claim.

There were also some questions directed your way by other members of this board that I have not read your answers on yet.

JB

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »

Carmack said I could order the Judges and PA to limit the number of inmates on the list?  I think I missed that one and I surely cannot do that one. You probably need to ask Carmack about that claim.

JB

Didn't say that did I? but you can say what you want according to  murfyzlaw

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2008, 06:04:39 PM »
"And what about in the 2004 campaign wheb Carmack keep saying that because of your superior administrative skills you would make the out sourcing go away - what happend about that.? "

"Didn't say that did I? but you can say what you want according to  murfyzlaw"

It appears that my interpretation of the remarks that you attribute to Carmack was off base. Try asking him.

And while I am here I should bring up another reference to my posting of remarks from the Missouri State Audit Reports that was critical of JT. If you will look on this main page about 15 topics below this tax topic you will find were on 9-29-2007 I posted every word of the 2007 state audit report on my department. Both good and bad it's all there. So if I can post about myself I guess I can post on a past Sheriff's also. By the way its a public record.

JB

Offline jsb66763

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »
Who could help but be critical of JT Yoakum... oops, I mean Roberts.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2008, 07:36:48 PM »
I said what I said.   I did not say what you said I said.   At least get the quotes correct.

Offline hawkeyehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2008, 05:47:36 PM »
People are going to complain no matter what. What would be wrong with having the tax? It may not help completely but still it would help some. Why can't anyone understand no matter who the sheriff will be there will always be problems with the funding but atleast JB is trying to do something about it by getting the LE Tax going. Why does anyone want to bash him for atleast trying to do the better thing? How would you do anything differant? When you have to work with a budget that is a poor budget what else would you except him to do?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
Exactly, not one single penny in FOUR FULL BUDGET YEARS to buy a car with. How would you supply the cars to the department? I have begged them off other departments, I have rebuilt a totaled patrol car from another agency, I have financed to my limit from the civil fee fund. What have I missed?
JB

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
Exactly, not one single penny in FOUR FULL BUDGET YEARS to buy a car with. How would you supply the cars to the department? I have begged them off other departments, I have rebuilt a totaled patrol car from another agency, I have financed to my limit from the civil fee fund. What have I missed?
JB

support from the citizens of this county, that is what you have missed, and you should never have had to beg for anything, these things are to keep the peace, not for your personal gain, i am tired of people thinking that you are doing this for glorification, you are doing this for the people of this county!
cowboy, you were asked direct questions that you refuse to answer, you are quoted as saying something, yet deny it, and we are supposed to listen to you rave on about a past sheriff that cost this county more money than anyone that we know about?

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »

JB

Where did I say that?

Why was JT let go from the MSHP   ---  I don't have a clue and I won't talk about something if I don"t have facts.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

Where did I say that?

Why was JT let go from the MSHP   ---  I don't have a clue and I won't talk about something if I don"t have facts.

JT was not "let go" by the MSHP. He resigned from the Patrol by his own hand. And I know this because he handed me the resignation letter to pass on to the Troop I Command Staff. As to what it said and why he did this I have no comment to make or maybe I should say I will not comment on this issue.

JB

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
now, can we get back to the original intent of this thread?  the le tax?  have you seen this?  http://www.waynesvilledailyguide.com/news/x1804952804
how many of you are willing to go to a town hall meeting to show your support for the sd, it is time to stop talking and start acting

Offline jsb66763

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
Rock ON.  I'm there.  Just give me a date and time and I will bring and drag everyone I know. LOL

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
Let me know where and when and I will also be there.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2008, 11:43:16 PM »
Sign me up too.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Local Logic

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »
Curious...
If the commission final decides to put the LE Tax on the ballot, when is the latest they have to decide and announce it? Just was wondering how much time there will be to campaign for (or...ugh...against) the tax.

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2008, 09:51:37 PM »
Wow I leave for a little while, come back and all heck has broken loose on here.  Now I've given JB as much trouble on here as any and more than most but I have never called him dishonest, nor do I believe to him to be dishonest.  And he has always answered every question I've ever asked on here (some he probably would of preferred not to).  We may not always agree but we do respect each other.  Sounds like a little more respect could be in order on here.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:54 PM »
Wow I leave for a little while, come back and all heck has broken loose on here.  Now I've given JB as much trouble on here as any and more than most but I have never called him dishonest, nor do I believe to him to be dishonest.  And he has always answered every question I've ever asked on here (some he probably would of preferred not to).  We may not always agree but we do respect each other.  Sounds like a little more respect could be in order on here.

Welcome back! You have exceeded your question quota on this board. Please wait until 2014 to post any further questions.

LOL

JB

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 23, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
LOL JB the questions are just starting..........................

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 23, 2008, 01:41:54 AM »
I was just reading the story about the Federal Charges from the raid -- I've had folks tell me  there was not much of a drug problem here, and not serious drugs --- Now I want to ask them if Crack and Ecstasy are not serious drugs -- what is?
Sounds like the time has come!
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 24, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »
Well JB here comes some questions: The Legislative session has ended, what, if any, will the PCSD get to increase deputy pay?  Also, if rumor is correct, the Legislature increased the amount of prisoner per diem per day, so using the new amount, how much will the state provide for prisoner per diem and how much does it actually costs to house a prisoner per day?  As always, thanks in advance for your time and response (See you many have welcomed me back too quick:-).

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 24, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »
Well JB here comes some questions: The Legislative session has ended, what, if any, will the PCSD get to increase deputy pay?  Also, if rumor is correct, the Legislature increased the amount of prisoner per diem per day, so using the new amount, how much will the state provide for prisoner per diem and how much does it actually costs to house a prisoner per day?  As always, thanks in advance for your time and response (See you many have welcomed me back too quick:-).

Do not yet have said info. Will post when I get the info.
JB