Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Thoughts about Heaven's View "Christian" Boarding Accademy??  (Read 21693 times)

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Thoughts about Heaven's View "Christian" Boarding Accademy??
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts about Heaven's View "Christian" Boarding Accademy??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
Never heard of it.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
I bet you've heard of Grace Covenant though, out in Buckhorn. They own it, and operate it.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
I think they are having some success with the girls up there.  What exactly is your complaint,  is it with Pastor Judi or the program itself?   
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »
I have had dealings with Mrs. Tillett, and I always thought that she was a very nice lady, her and her husband both have always been easy to deal with

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »
I have had dealings with Mrs. Tillett, and I always thought that she was a very nice lady, her and her husband both have always been easy to deal with

Well, I don't really wish to say anything bad about her character...And only because she's a pastor. I will say I have lost all respect for her. The closer you get to her, the more you see the real her. All is not always what it seems. Doug, however, he has always been quite nice.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »
I think you should be careful about making accusations unless you can back them up with proof.

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
They are not accusations, and I have used no names. I'm not the only one who has witnessed these things. LOL you don't know unless you've worked there. But anyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
I just pray something happens soon to either end the the whole situation, or whip it into shape. It would be nice if it was what it looks like... Because there is a need.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
Well, I don't really wish to say anything bad about her character...And only because she's a pastor. I will say I have lost all respect for her. The closer you get to her, the more you see the real her. All is not always what it seems. Doug, however, he has always been quite nice.
Vier
I'm waiting to find out what this thread is actually about, as I know nothing about Heaven's View.  I can say, someone being a Pastor does not in itself call for that person to be given respect......One can get licensed as clergy online, giving them full rights as anyone who actually went through seminary schools, studying theology.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »
Looks to me like your story is full of hearsay. Hearsay evidence in court isn't allowed. You heard someone say he flipped a mattress, that' inadmissible evidence in a court of law. You heard the girls went right back to their old way, again hearsay evidence, inadmissible in a court of law.. If Judy were to sue you, you'd better have someone willing to help you prove that happened or you'd lose much money quick.

I'd think that we shouldn't allow ex employees of any company come in here and talk about their former boss. But I suppose that's debateable.

I ask you, did you quit out there or were you fired?

As a worker in that industry, aren't you madated by law to immediately report anything you see done wrong to child protection services?

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 04:10:51 AM »
The problem is that you can't prove anything that only happens in the presence of residents and one staff member. And that seems convenient, I know....but it's not.

Offline Zilphah

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 04:13:02 AM »
Vier
I'm waiting to find out what this thread is actually about, as I know nothing about Heaven's View.  I can say, someone being a Pastor does not in itself call for that person to be given respect......One can get licensed as clergy online, giving them full rights as anyone who actually went through seminary schools, studying theology.

I really don't wish to say anything negitive about her at all. I have my opinion, but I don't wish to make it everyone else's, she's one person.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:04 AM »
Well, I gotta say, while I don't think I even know anyone who works there, I have heard some hinky stuff has happened out there. Not sayin' its true, just sayin' I head it.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 04:30:13 AM »
Ok, what is this place?  Is it a woman's shelter, a boarding school, an orphanage, a foster care facility?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:48 AM »
Thing is I am pretty sure it pales in comparison to the goings on at Piney Ridge. They have had it all go down there to include employees. I won't say how I know, but some of you may recall my connection. You would be shocked. You have said nothing remotely close that would compare to Piney Ridge. Not even in the same ball park..

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »
And not to forget, what was it, Heaven's Gate? Look at what happened with Nathan Day. I really tend to think they are all only into it for the money. I just don't see the day to day caregivers, working for an hourly wage, giving one whit about who they are supposed to be helping. I'm not saying Pastor Judi feels that way, I'm just saying it usually is not a good situation for the kids they are supposed to be "helping".
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
I think I know Pastor Judi pretty well, although I am not a member of her church, I do know that her heart is right for helping those girls.  I don't know who the employees are out there so can't speak about them at all.  I know they have had some successes.  When I worked at the shelter we had one of their residents work a couple hours a week with us and she never spoke poorly about the campus out there.  I think any girl who is taken out of her "comfort zone" whether it is drugs, promiscuous sex, alcohol or whatever and is made to obey rules that are meant to help them rid themselves of those habits, is not going to be happy about it.  I know you don't have any children yet, but wait till you are a parent and then tell us how you handle your children.  I would be willing to bet a weeks pay they do not swear and do not ever hit them.  I have gotten in my daughters face a few times, sometimes you have to do that to get their attention. I've never hit her or dumped her from her bed, but that is what you say and we have no proof of that.

Kari, Heaven's View is a Christian Boarding School for young girls whose parents have run out of options at home.  The girls are usually involved in activities that the parents feel will result in either their death or jail.  Heaven's view is an alternative for those two options.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
hmmm...   a christian reform school....  do these girls get a chance before being admitted to confirm or deny their belief in god?? or does it all fall on the parents???

it seems like a copout on the parents part....  how do you "run out of options" with your own children???  and then send them to be degraded by total strangers on a daily basis because of the choices they have made...   sounds like a perfect plan to widen the gap of misunderstanding between parent and child and ensure that "problem child" stays away for good once they finally leave the house....

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »
Sometimes the parents "Cop Out" to "professionals" like the Juvenile Justice people, schools, counselors, etc.  When my son was 14, he had NEVER been in trouble with the school, community, law enforcement, etc.  He had a part time job and was involved in school sports.  Then one day a classmate brought a can of beer to school and was going to drink it in the bathroom...then he chickened out, so my son said, "I'll do it!"  He had never tasted beer in his life and chugged a hot falstaff.  Door swings open and teacher catches him.  He got suspended for a week, had to attend drug treatment for a week, and then had to get a drug counselors signature for him to be allowed to return to school.  The counselor said he felt that my son needed to be enrolled in a 30 day in-patient treatment program.  I said, no he didn't.  So the counselor told me that basically it was up to him on whether this happened or not.  I looked around his office and saw NO diplomas for anything.  I asked what college he attended.  The guy gets all ticked off and yelled, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE TO BE A COUNSELOR!"  I got right back into his face and said nicely, "You do if you are messing around with my kid's life."  He turned red and tried to stare me down for about a minute, then signed the paper and we left.  Now what if I would have been all timid and let them take my son away?  How would he have turned out?  He's grown now, is a foreman at a construction company, he finished four years of technical college for a degree in construction management, has had one traffic ticket in his life.  I'm telling you, it's the system that tries to get in the middle of you and your kid and what is right.  Parents may feel like they have no choice...and that is the problem.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »
we are not talking about a child who childlishly "drank a beer."  We are talking about children who are trying to hurt themselves and possibly family members.  The parents have every right to do what is best for the child and the other children in their home.  How many times have your read about a child coming home from school and killing their whole family.  Might have been a different outcome if someone had intervened before it came to this.  We all have "problems" with our kids, we wish they would do their homework on time, we wish they would clean their rooms the first time we ask, we wish they wouldn't sit around and pout all the time and talk about how bored they are, we can handle those things.  I would rather "try" a program like this than to have my child end up dead or in jail where I couldn't say, "OK they can come home now."

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
... it seems like a copout on the parents part....  how do you "run out of options" with your own children???  and then send them to be degraded by total strangers on a daily basis because of the choices they have made...   sounds like a perfect plan to widen the gap of misunderstanding between parent and child and ensure that "problem child" stays away for good once they finally leave the house....

No, it's not a Christian reform school. It's an alternative. Igahmah said these girls are caught up in situations that could potentially end in jail or death. For me, that would justify their seeking outside help.
    Freethinker, you have either been blessed with perfect children or you have none. As the father of four young men who went through their share of troubles, I would hesitate to accuse the parents of these girls of copping out. Most parents I know want the best for their children, and if they see their children choosing unhealthy paths and cannot persuade them to turn around, they are justified in seeking outside professional help.
    I had to resort to outside help for two of my sons; they both are now better off for the experiences, and my relationship with both is very good. No copout. No "widened gap of misunderstanding" between us.
    Try walking a mile in my shoes before spouting off with your ill-conceived criticism.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline mommy-4

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 11:55:05 PM »
The problem is that you can't prove anything that only happens in the presence of residents and one staff member. And that seems convenient, I know....but it's not.

If you did report it -it would open up an investigation and they would talk to the children as well.  However-if you don't report abuse (if it is happening)-then when they do investigate-you can also be charged for not reporting.-I only know this because I work for the State Hospital in Fulton for 4 yrs and at Woodhaven in Columbia for a year.  If it is happening(whatever it is...I cna't quite fiqure it out by the post) and you main job is the best interest for troubled teens-then how can you not say anything?

From my experience only-teens do not end up in group homes because they have lived a good life.  95% of the time there has been some kind of abuse (physical, emotional,sexual, drugs,alcohol..etc) I have seen this first hand as I have lived in 6 group homes, 2 psyc hospital, and 2 foster homes when I was growing up. So why if their was any forms of these abuse going on would you excuse it to you being the only witness?  The girls there all have voices also.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
Kari, Heaven's View is a Christian Boarding School for young girls whose parents have run out of options at home.  The girls are usually involved in activities that the parents feel will result in either their death or jail.  Heaven's view is an alternative for those two options.
Thank you!!!  I was so totally lost wondering what it was......

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:57 AM »
Sometimes the parents "Cop Out" to "professionals" like the Juvenile Justice people, schools, counselors, etc.  When my son was 14, he had NEVER been in trouble with the school, community, law enforcement, etc.  He had a part time job and was involved in school sports.  Then one day a classmate brought a can of beer to school and was going to drink it in the bathroom...then he chickened out, so my son said, "I'll do it!"  He had never tasted beer in his life and chugged a hot falstaff.  Door swings open and teacher catches him.  He got suspended for a week, had to attend drug treatment for a week, and then had to get a drug counselors signature for him to be allowed to return to school.  The counselor said he felt that my son needed to be enrolled in a 30 day in-patient treatment program.  I said, no he didn't.  So the counselor told me that basically it was up to him on whether this happened or not.  I looked around his office and saw NO diplomas for anything.  I asked what college he attended.  The guy gets all ticked off and yelled, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE TO BE A COUNSELOR!"  I got right back into his face and said nicely, "You do if you are messing around with my kid's life."  He turned red and tried to stare me down for about a minute, then signed the paper and we left.  Now what if I would have been all timid and let them take my son away?  How would he have turned out?  He's grown now, is a foreman at a construction company, he finished four years of technical college for a degree in construction management, has had one traffic ticket in his life.  I'm telling you, it's the system that tries to get in the middle of you and your kid and what is right.  Parents may feel like they have no choice...and that is the problem.
***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& Bravo to you!!!  I know many Parents that just listen to those they "think" are in authority.  I've know some really good Parents, but their children were either lead astray by peer pressure, or had mental difficulties that needed professional intervention.  Some Parents do need help, I've seen it many times, but they either don't seek professional help, or try to handle difficult children themselves.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 02:07:11 AM »
Agreed. Seems to me the only proof of wrong doing is on the acuser here.

If you did report it -it would open up an investigation and they would talk to the children as well.  However-if you don't report abuse (if it is happening)-then when they do investigate-you can also be charged for not reporting.-I only know this because I work for the State Hospital in Fulton for 4 yrs and at Woodhaven in Columbia for a year.  If it is happening(whatever it is...I cna't quite fiqure it out by the post) and you main job is the best interest for troubled teens-then how can you not say anything?

From my experience only-teens do not end up in group homes because they have lived a good life.  95% of the time there has been some kind of abuse (physical, emotional,sexual, drugs,alcohol..etc) I have seen this first hand as I have lived in 6 group homes, 2 psyc hospital, and 2 foster homes when I was growing up. So why if their was any forms of these abuse going on would you excuse it to you being the only witness?  The girls there all have voices also.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 02:17:48 AM »
I don't claim to be an expert on raising children, but I have one policy I use that I believe works. When I tell my child someting, I stand behind it 100 percent. If she's told to clean up her room there is no alternative but that she does what shes told. I never once let anything slide. I have watched exes with their children get frustrated that their kids won't do what they are told. If everytime they tell their kids to do something the child doesn't do it, and they don't ever follows up to see that it was done, what do you expect a child to do if everything you say can be ignored? I do blame the parents sometimes, but all that depends on too many variables.

Children raised in two different homes by default have less a chance due to the two parents trying too hard to gain favor. The child suffers in the long run because of the fight between parents. One parent tries to raise the kid right, and the other parent is simply good time charlie that requires the child have zero responsibility in their 4 days at month at their home. All this undermines the child chances of a normal adult life.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 02:20:40 AM »
Are you saying children in a "two parent" family or "two family" household.

I can't believe you thing a two parent household is bad for a child.  If you mean two family household I agree that when you bring another adult into an already established one parent home, it does cause problems.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 02:25:05 AM »
I mean two different homes after a divorce or whatever caused the birth.

Are you saying children in a "two parent" family or "two family" household.

I can't believe you thing a two parent household is bad for a child.  If you mean two family household I agree that when you bring another adult into an already established one parent home, it does cause problems.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 02:28:45 AM »
I agree two family households can be a huge problem for everyone involved. Usually caused by one or both parents, rarely by the children. From my expierience.