Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: how nobama will screw military retirees  (Read 6955 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
how nobama will screw military retirees
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:50:24 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Obama, Dems to make huge increase in military retiree healthcare premiums to pay for Porkulus
Moderate Voice, Vet Hotline ^| 2/7/09 | Wind

In my “Another Innuendo Over a CBO Report: TRICARE For Life,” I pointed to a message from a “BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob)” that is making the rounds through the internet, claiming:  Seems as though our President has placed a priority on cutting [TRICARE For Life] out of the budget as a means to provide funding for those things he promised during the campaign…Just another move to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense of our country.  Tricare For Life (TFL) was instituted just a few years ago to correct the broken promise that veteran military retirees would receive free healthcare coverage for life. It covers the Medicare co-pay amount.  A heavy assault has begun on military veteran's retiree benefits in order to pay for the things the current democratic president promised during his campaign . It's a high priority of this administration.  It should be an item of high interest to the retired military community. If approved by congress this first assault wave would hit in 2011 and it would hit hard. It would initiate TFL cost sharing requiring military retirees over 65 to pay the first $525 of medical cost and then 50% of the next $4,725. This could amount to a first year cost of $2,888 per person. It would be indexed to increase with inflation. A reason given for this action (for PR effect) is "overuse" by retirees.  For those of you who are covered by TFL you'll want to pay attention (below) to what has surfaced about the future of TFL.  On page 189 of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report, (see the note below on how to get to that spot), there is a strong recommendation to eventually eliminate the TFL program as it is too expensive.  Another move to slight those who dedicated much of their adult lives to the defense of the country.  It's strongly recommended that all retired military vets contact their elected officials and register strong opposition to the addition of fees or the elimination of the TFL program.  At the CBO web site, please see:  a. Budget, Options, Volume 1: Health Care (http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=9925)  For those who have never opened one of these web sites from OMB : 1. double click on the above URL 2. click on PDF 3. click on the binoculars 4. do a search for TFL It's guaranteed that if you sit on your behind and do nothing as these options are brought forward in the coming year, you'll lose a great health care benefit that Medicare eligible retired military have. It's a bit short of promises made that were fought so hard for back in the late 90s and early 2000s, but it's still one of the best health care programs anyone in the United States has.  Washington's professionals always look for the channel of least resistance when it comes to cutting programs and budgets. Military retirees are one of those channels of least resistance. They're noted for sitting around, doing nothing, and waiting for 'old Joe' to do something for them. They need to wake up and take action. Their medical benefits are a prime target. Don't lose out due to apathy.  One way to secure the TFL benefit is to write your elected congressional representatives -- those in both the House and the Senate. And, keep writing, and writing, and writing. ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH!! Keep repeating until you are blue in the face. Remember the old adage, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'.  Now, this concerns the younger military retirees out there, those who aren't on Medicare and TFL yet. Health care will eventually become a dominating factor in your life! Remember that -- it will impact you big time in your later years, unless you're fortunate(?) enough to die young from a heart attack or being run over by a truck. By acting now you can save that TFL benefit you'll be eligible for when you reach Medicare age.  The various service organizations that we belong to will put up a fight, but, they can't do it alone. They'll need your help.  If you're an Obama fan, and believe that change cometh, the TFL option proposed by OMB is change in the wrong direction. And, it won't fade away of its own accord. The current in-power administration needs to save the money they now spend on TFL in order to finance their other programs. Yes, programs for people who produce nothing but votes to keep the politicians in office.  Please forward this on to those you know that are Retired Military.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
Re: how nobama will screw military retirees
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:12:46 AM »
So Fish, you are going to continue the Nobama name?  He may be wrong on many counts but for you to be disrespectful is out of line and I'm asking you to stop.  Say the same thing but use Obama, that would be great.  I hate to stoop to your level by calling names to an ex President who has served his duty and has went home.  Bitch all you want but use his correct name since he is going to be in office for 4 years.  Come on, cooperate and complain all you want but use his correct name.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
I just finished reading,ugh, and though I am not happy with many things I read in it, we have to remember that these are "options" at this point.  At this time, the only thing we can do is contact our politicians and voice our concerns, with a STRONG voice of opposition.  Our economy sucks right now, with all the bail outs, someone is going to have to pay for those trips to Las Vegas, the fancy corporate dinners, CEO bonuses, etc.! GRRRRRRR

Fish, I agree with Racer.... I don't like our present President, BUT he is our President and the Office deserves respect.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:04:55 PM »
I served 22 years in the military and NOBAMA wants to screw me and other retirees(let alone this country) over? I have earned the right to call NOBAMA what ever the hell I want. I didn't see all this attention on here when other's disrespected W. When nobama starts putting the country and the people before his agenda, he may get my respect. he does have that opportunity, until then....

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:13:48 AM »
Yea... he's been in office long enough to make some serious changes eh?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
review the executive orders he signed. this thread is about something you have no clue about.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:25:58 AM »
You haven't earned the right to disrespect anyone.  Obviously Will Rogers has never met you Fish.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »
You haven't earned the right to disrespect anyone.  Obviously Will Rogers has never met you Fish.
&^&&( Fish you can't deny that was a good one  ;D
Got to give Racer a  :th_gen129: on that one!!
as you say LOL,LOL ;D
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 02:54:10 AM »
that's because will rogers is dead, racer. hows that maynard? LOL LOL

I think if he saw what Nobama is doing to his country and those who served it, he would change his mind.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:13 AM »
that's because will rogers is dead, racer. hows that maynard? LOL LOL

I think if he saw what Nobama is doing to his country and those who served it, he would change his mind.
I can relate :wink1a:   ::)
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 03:27:45 AM »
Come on Fish, even you can come back better than that.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 03:41:22 AM »
 I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s

quote from Samual Clemens/aka/Mark Twain

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
We have to remember that these are only options that the CBO has come up with..... The President did not write up these recommendations, but now that they are out there, the only way to have our voice heard is to contact our politicians.  Personally, I think the President has to be smarter than to mess with the Veteran, but who knows!  They did take the VA health care away from many Veterans.  We have to make our voices heard, not just for us, but for those that are still serving, active duty, and will be joining our ranks.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 09:18:28 AM »
Military retirees are one of those channels of least resistance. They're noted for sitting around, doing nothing, and waiting for 'old Joe' to do something for them.

Wow. What a burn. This article is blasting military retirees. I don't even remotely see military retirees in the same light as the author of this article. I find military retirees to be hard workers. I would love to see this guy tell my dad he sits around doing nothing. My dad would laugh at him and choke him at the same time. He is an over-achiever like that, and a lot of it has to do with his time spent in the military.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:48 PM »
that line was in the article,it is not my quote. the article is not blasting military retirees. but some retirees are guilty of inaction because they are unable (physically) to do anything. the heart of the article is the point,not the line you cherry picked.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »
that line was in the article,it is not my quote. the article is not blasting military retirees. but some retirees are guilty of inaction because they are unable (physically) to do anything. the heart of the article is the point,not the line you cherry picked.

Maybe you should take the time to read your cut and paste jobs.  Because if you don't there are people here who are smart enough to. And they will point out your mistakes. Since the title of this post is "how Obama will screw the millitary retirees" I'd like to have you show me some proof.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »
Setting petty arguments aside over what to call our current and past presidents, please note that "Approximately 22 percent of ($40 billion in) savings (through 2019) would come from a reduced demand for medical services rather than from a transfer of spending from the government to military retirees and their families."
In other words, they are counting on us retirees to NOT SEEK TREATMENT for eligible illnesses to achieve the savings. A cheap shot for those who have laid their lives on the line for their nation.
Rest assured, I will be contacting Ike and Claire on this one! I urge all other retirees to do the same.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »
I just sent the following to Ike and Claire: Feel free to copy and send your own versions.

Please do not let Congress mess with the Retirees For Life medical coverage of military retirees over the age of 65. According to the proposed legislation, it would initiate TFL cost sharing requiring military retirees over 65 to pay the first $525 of medical cost and then 50 percent of the next $4,725. This could amount to a first-year cost of $2,888 per person -- and those costs would be indexed to increase with inflation. These costs would place an undue and unwelcome burden on some of the most medically needy retirees in our nation. As a retiree currently using TRICARE Prime, I assure you that I do not "overuse" my benefits and will not in the future, even after I hit 65. I use my benefits when I NEED them, not for every little ache and pain that comes with age. To slam Americans who gave 20 or more years of their lives to their nation with nearly $3,000 per person (at least $5,700 per couple!) would be a disgrace and a slap in the face as thanks for our service. Those of us in the greater Fort Leonard Wood area know and appreciate the great things you have done for veterans and the active duty folks and their families. Please DO NOT LET US DOWN on this one.
Sincerely,
Dan Hassett
MSG, USA Retired
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
Speaking to many military retirees....retired means that they have merely moved on to another job. Still have bills to pay....and the break on medical bills is well earned.  Many soldiers will not use thier medical benifits while on active duty because they are in a leadership position and dont want to look "weak".  Some dont use it because of the sense of "duty commitment".   Once they retire the many years that they spent ignoring aches and pains comes back to haunt them.  The impact of this (if passed)  could well result in a spike of medical spending within the active units.  People will get smart real fast and start going while on active duty to fix what ailes them before retirement.

This is just me....a retired guy....venting.  Will I send a letter to my government reps...of course.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 01:59:48 AM »
read the article slowly shady. It explains it. increased medical cost

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »
It must get old living the life of a blind sheep being guided by liars.

This is part of the message, allegedly signed by a “BG Bob Clements, USAF Ret (P38 Bob)”:

Seems as though our President Elect has placed a priority on cutting [TRICARE For Life] out of the budget as a means to provide funding for those things he promised during the campaign…Just another move to slight those of us who dedicated much of our adult lives to the defense of our country.

The e-mails (and posts) then provide links to a CBO report, dated December 2008, that indeed discusses possible ways of reducing the costs of TRICARE For Life—among many other budget issues.

As retired military, I naturally would oppose such cuts ,when and if considered by the Obama administration or by Congress.

And, naturally, I applaud efforts by individuals and organizations to rally opposition against any such potential cuts.

However, it is a different matter to make smears and innuendoes a part of such efforts—as has so blatantly been done here.

To set the record straight:

The date of the CBO Budget Options Report referred to in the allegations is December 2008. If my memory serves me right, Mr. Bush was still President, and Obama was still a Senator.

The CBO’s mandate is to provide the Congress with objective, nonpartisan, and timely analyses to aid in economic and budgetary decisions on the wide array of programs covered by the federal budget. As such, I don’t believe that then-Senator Obama contributed to it or influenced it.

It probably took several months for the CBO to develop this report ( According to the CBO “This report is the product of an enormous effort involving more than three dozen members.”)

I do not think that Mr. Obama had much, if any, input to it—he was too busy campaigning.

When this alleged “military-slighting” President picked General Shinseki to lead Veterans Affairs, he said:

When I reflect on the sacrifices that have been made by our veterans and I think about how so many veterans around the country are struggling even more than those who have not served — higher unemployment rates, higher homeless rates, higher substance-abuse rates, medical care that is inadequate — it breaks my heart, and I think that General Shinseki is exactly the right person who is going to be able to make sure that we honor our troops when they come home.

During confirmation hearings, Shinseki said that if confirmed he would streamline the disability claims system; focus on unemployed and homeless veterans; take care of wounded veterans, those “bearing scars of battle, some visible and many others invisible” and that for the VA, “the single focus for transformational change should be the veteran — providing for generations of veterans, who have done their duty, the support and services they have earned and we have promised.”

These words and the promise to finally put some teeth in the “Support the Troops” slogan certainly don’t sound to me as coming from persons who would “slight” the military.

At the very least, we should wait to see whether an Obama administration delivers, before jumping to conclusions.

So let's hear it, Bush once again screwed the Vets, not Obama.

Apologies to Obama can be posted below.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 12:46:46 AM »
I'm sorry President Obama.  Sorry you are the President with an incompetent congress to back you.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 02:17:31 AM »
nobama was holding the office of the president elect at that time.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
Obama did not initiate this whole TRI-CARE thing. Actually, the talk of raising the price of TRI-CARE prime started over 2 years ago.
Obama is not the one doing this, your Congress is doing this. Do as i have an write them all a letter voicing your concern.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:38 PM »
I understand the issue, the rising cost of Health Care in America is a MAJOR issue for everyone. Seems to me instead of passing on the extra costs to Vets and retired patriots they should look at the stupid costs of health care and get this industry under control.

I wonder everytime I look at a bill from the Doctors office. Look at what they charge, look at what they settle for from the insurance company, and look at your copay. Big difference!!  Why don't the Doctors just charge what the insurance Co. going rate is and I bet 90% of this Health care crisis would go away..

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »
I understand the issue, the rising cost of Health Care in America is a MAJOR issue for everyone. Seems to me instead of passing on the extra costs to Vets and retired patriots they should look at the stupid costs of health care and get this industry under control.

I wonder everytime I look at a bill from the Doctors office. Look at what they charge, look at what they settle for from the insurance company, and look at your copay. Big difference!!  Why don't the Doctors just charge what the insurance Co. going rate is and I bet 90% of this Health care crisis would go away..
That and these outrageous law suits, which cause the medical community to have to pay high medical malpractice insurance. I think it is the lawyers and the court system that are the real culprits in the high cost of medical care. I understand is a doctor is negligent that he should be sued to compensate for the damage he may have done, but I think some of these are way beyond that in the amount they collect.
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »
nobama was holding the office of the president elect at that time.

You have a serious problem with reality.

You should seriously consider seeking professional mental help for your inability to connect with reality.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 01:28:44 AM »
when the increase in the tricare prime was announced , there were a lot of calls to congress. many of the military organizations got involved also. It may have just delayed it being reintroduced.

Daschle: Health-Care Reform “Will Not Be Pain Free”
February, 10, 2009 — nicedeb

The must read of the day is from former Lieutenant Governor of NY, Betsy McCaughey, who warns of the stealth health care provisions in the Porkulus/Patronage Package AKA Generational Theft Act which is on the verge of being passed in Congress:

Tragically, no one from either party is objecting to the health provisions slipped in without discussion. These provisions reflect the handiwork of Tom Daschle, until recently the nominee to head the Health and Human Services Department.

Senators should read these provisions and vote against them because they are dangerous to your health. (Page numbers refer to H.R. 1 EH, pdf version).

Seniors hardest hit:

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

Medicare now pays for treatments deemed safe and effective. The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council (464).

The Federal Council is modeled after a U.K. board discussed in Daschle’s book. This board approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit. Treatments for younger patients are more often approved than treatments for diseases that affect the elderly, such as osteoporosis.

In 2006, a U.K. health board decreed that elderly patients with macular degeneration had to wait until they went blind in one eye before they could get a costly new drug to save the other eye. It took almost three years of public protests before the board reversed its decision.

Ironic, isn’t it? Seniors are the ones Democrats try to scare every election cycle: those evil Republicans are going to take away their health-care. Yeahp.

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/daschle-health-care-reform-will-not-be-pain-free/

and no one thinks this will affect military retirees? just because daschle didn't make it doesn't mean his replacement won't try to institute a form of measured care.

Offline SilverFox

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
I have been reading this post with interest, and I would like to address a couple different issuses. First of all let me say that I am a military retiree that re-entered the work force to better support my family. If you are retired military you know that living on retired pay is not an option, however this was my choice to make the military a career, and then enter the civilian workforce.

However after reading this post I would like to address a couple issuses that affects all of us. I believe the first amendment states that we all have a right to freedom of speech, and not just the ones who happens to agree with the current administration. I believe that I served my twenty-six years to gurantee everyone the right to free speech regardless if I personally agreeded with them are not. I do not believe in attacking a person for what they say, but I do believe in having a spirited discussion about their opinion. It appears that some of you want to attack the gentleman that posted this thread based on his freedom of speech, remember he has the right under the first amendment to so state what he chooses. So therefore, think before you prohibit what he has to say.

Next, there was an issue of respect, I agree the office of the president should be a respected position, but not necessarily the president. I don't think we have the right to disrespect anyone, but like wise I think respect is earned. In my years in the military there were numerous officers I didn't respect, however I respected the rank they held and for the president there is not difference, he must earn my respect as other people do. Making him the president does not gurantee automatic respect.

Last, I have read the CBO report and part of these suggestions were buried on page 189, especially addressing Tri-care for life. Even the current administration does not have the backing to push this through, as has already been shown by shelving it for them time being. Most of us older retiree's remember that ole recruiting ploy, healthcare for life for at least twenty years, that didn't materialize either. All of this is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 12:29:40 AM »
the retirees understand it Bill. the ones that never served are clueless. this will come up again. there was movement to raise the tricare premiums a year or so ago. that was also shelved but I expect it will be back. the elected officials just need to be contacted,again and again....