Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Watch your purse at Wal Mart!  (Read 8337 times)

Offline SayWhat09

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Watch your purse at Wal Mart!
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:37:15 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

When I was at Wal Mart this morning some lady had her wallet stollen from her cart. Guess she turned her back for a minute and some other lady walked by and ran off with it.

Some people are so crazy....poor lady .Maybe she was there buying some food for the kids and they might be going hungry tonight.  :anger:  So watch your purse never turn your back not even for a minute!!

Offline dalilama

• View Profile
Re: Watch your purse at Wal Mart!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
when I'm at ANY store....i always use the kids seatbelt to buckle in my purse...i wrap the buckle around my purse strap several times then snap the ends together. I know they can still get my purse, but they will have to take my cart also....lol...trust me it works. I feel bad for the lady who got her wallet stolen...

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
My hubby always pushes the cart and I get on to him all the time for walking away from it with my purse in it. I either put my coat over it or just carry it with me.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline BigRedHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »
even if it is attached to the seat belt you have to be careful.  Many times purses are left wide open and it becomes an opportunity thefy for someone to just reach in...grab it...and walk away.   Next time you are walking around there  take notice to how many are like that...you may be surprised.
It is a sad society we live in.  The person that stole the purse probably has no remorse about it.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »
just out of curiosity did they check the tapes to see if it was caught on video?
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
I would love to see the look on a thief's face if they stole the wallet in my purse, they would get a beautiful leather wallet with a butterfly on it but not much else but pictures. Everything is kept elsewhere my wallet is just a space filler. My name isn't even in it anywhere.

Offline SayWhat09

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
Im not sure if they checked the cameras. To have a wallet stolen just stinks. There is so many things people keep in there that have to be reported and replaced. She was a military wife so Im sure they made off with her ID card as well.

Offline pctiger_wife

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
The person was caught.  The victim got a VERY GOOD description of the woman (She had a bathing suit in the top of her cart, the thief acted like she was looking at the woman's bathing suit and commenting on how cute it was, then grabbed the wallet underneath).  The woman got out of the store, but used the victim's card at a gas station.  The gas station got the tag number and BUSTED!!

just out of curiosity did they check the tapes to see if it was caught on video?

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »
that is good news
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 01:19:58 AM »
I hate thieves.....
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline CrazedChris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
I wonder if it was someone local?

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »
 I say get an old purse from the thrift store and put a Copperhead in there and leave your cart unattended. (they won't do it again after that)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
LOL, that's good Mark!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »
 Yea, Listen for the scream, and look for someone with wet pants. (case solved)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »
One time my mother saw a guy at walmart who was riffling through a purse back in the restroom area and looking around suspiciously.  She told a clerk, who got the manager and they sort of jumped him in the act just as his wife came out of the the bathroom and then she started yelling at him for getting in her purse...my mom slinked off and left them there all staring at the poor guy who probably just wanted a couple of dollars for a beer.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 01:32:22 PM »
One time my mother saw a guy at walmart who was riffling through a purse back in the restroom area and looking around suspiciously.  She told a clerk, who got the manager and they sort of jumped him in the act just as his wife came out of the the bathroom and then she started yelling at him for getting in her purse...my mom slinked off and left them there all staring at the poor guy who probably just wanted a couple of dollars for a beer.

I'd rather risk being embarrassed by a situation like that than keep silent and have someone really get away with a theft. Thumbs up for Mom!

p.s. Your dance partner looks a little stiff, Coyote.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »

p.s. Your dance partner looks a little stiff, Coyote.

Kind of reminded me of that movie where she makes out with the tree....what he heck was that called?
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »
superstar!!! LOL

Kind of reminded me of that movie where she makes out with the tree....what he heck was that called?
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
Gee, Hillbilly, looks like you have TWO trees! Is this a trend?  ::D:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
LOLOLOLOL (maybe the trees remind us of our husbands? they just stand there and say nothing, do nothing and dont move when you try to dance with them!)

Gee, Hillbilly, looks like you have TWO trees! Is this a trend?  ::D:
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Eden

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »
I was gonna mention that.......LOL

Offline merrywhiterose

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 04:44:32 AM »
Buckling your purse into a child restraint in a cart isn't good enough. If you notice at some Wal-Mart stores, many of those restraints are sliced off due to purse thefts. Also, if you think your teens are doing no harm in the store at night, think again. Most teens in stores at night are shoplifting! Notice if your teen is showing up with DVD's, CD's (w/no cases), jewelry or makeup w/o a receipt. Those are the most stolen items by teens.