Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: George tried to say it!  (Read 7261 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
George tried to say it!
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator.
           --George W. Bush

Moscow, Russia
       05/24/2002
       to community and religious leaders

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: George tried to say it!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
I don't believe that you believe that.  If you did you wouldn't be telling every non-christian that they are wrong and belittling their religious beliefs or lack of.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:47 PM »
 "A Creator" could be G_D, Goddest, Allah, Kami, amino acid, etc. So, I guess George W. DID get it right.  Way to go Mark!!!    :{:{:
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:19 PM »
Now if somebody could only figure out the meaning of "uninalienable". The man is an idiot.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
Now if somebody could only figure out the meaning of "uninalienable". The man is an idiot.
lmao... I didn't catch that!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 09:40:10 PM »
The original text, if you google it, shows "unalienable."

Typically, modern "versions" say "inalienable."

I'm willing to bet Bush's speech writer (see, he has one too!) put the "original" word into the speech, and when he read it on his teleprompter (again see!) he saw "un," thought "in," and it came out "unin."
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
And the poor sap, the leader of the free world, alumnus of Yale University, and Harvard Business School, being categorically unfamiliar with any body of literature, including this Declaration, was faced with a completely foreign word and no memory of ever having heard it pronounced before.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:26:51 AM »
Gw was a good old boy. He was patted on the back and told "son, we are a gonna make you the president" Well darned if they didn't. But once he got there it was just too much for one man to handle. So he got help from the good old boys, who worked so hard to put him in power.
 Well they ran the show but things didn't work they way they promised. As a matter of fact, things went to hell in a hand basket.
So, GW isn't an idiot. He was led astray by powers greater than he. I believe the term puppet would be appropriate.
The problem was none of the puppeteers/good old boys were a ventriliquest. So you never knew what new bushism was going to slip out next.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
Thanks Cowpoke. You moved up a half a point on my respect list!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »
 The march to war affected the people's confidence. It's hard to make investment. See, if you're a small business owner or a large business owner and you're thinking about investing, you've got to be optimistic when you invest. Except when you're marching to war, it's not a very optimistic thought, is it? In other words, it's the opposite of optimistic when you're thinking you're going to war.
    --George W. Bush

Springfield, MO
02/09/2004
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »
  I wish you would have given me this written question ahead of time, so I could plan for it. (Laughter.) John, I'm sure historians will look back and say, gosh, he could have done it better this way, or that way. You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet.
    --George W. Bush

Washington, DC
04/03/2004
after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made
[The national nightmare is finally over!]
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
still rather have W than nobama. say what you want, but he didn't rely on a telepromptor to do his talking for him. and he didn't try to bankrupt the country while trampling on the citizens rights. I like the words he created, especially "strategery"! LOL

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »
Who cares if he uses a teleprompter.  He's not yet a seasoned actor like most politicians because he hasn't BEEN one very long... I like that idea too by the way... maybe he isn't as corrupted as most just yet... maybe he will get something done because he won't yet worry about his finances and buddies investments versus the American people.

You don't think Bush bankrupted our country?  LOL.  I'm not sure what country you think we live in fish... but... I'll borrow your combo of two "LOL LOL" on this one.

I saw a car commercial on television the other day that was outlining their new policy behind not being able to pay your car payment.  They'll give you 3 months of no bill and if you still can't make it you can return the car without effecting your credit.

How bad are things really?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
wrong again dn,nobama has been acting for a long time. in all those "positions" he held what has he actually accomplished? what was his resume for president?

W was a governor.

they should not have bought the car to begin with.

much of the problems people are having are the result of their financial irresponsibility. many took out a heloc on their home and used it as their atm. the result is they owed more on their house than it is worth. lenders made 125% loans of a homes value. people were already in the hole getting the loan. many got loans they could not afford, but due to CRA, banks gave many with bad credit and low incomes loans they could not afford. no one forced them to sign for those loans. banks are not blameless but beginning with carter in 1977 there was pressure put on lenders to give people loans thay didn't qualify for or could afford. Too many were living beyond their means. W and maccain tried to get some reform started in 2005 to prevent the mess we are in. it went nowhere.

we had 52 straight months of growth under W. Haven't you improved your position? You have skills but what good are they if a business can't afford you?

how did W get us out of the recession? he cut taxes, for everyone that pays taxes. a country has never yaxed itself into prosperity, nobama will try though.

for too long some have lived beyond their means and did not save anything. This mess will put some basic financial concepts back on track. the current mess is not all W's fault. He did spend a lot of our money. some necessary,some not. Nobama collectively has hima nd all the other presidents beat. the economy will turn itself around, a market economy always does. and it will do so despite what nobama is doing to it.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 12:14:04 AM »
They shouldn't have bought it to begin with huh?

Tell that to the people who have set up a tent camp outside of Sacramento because they lost their houses because they lost their jobs because their jobs DISAPPEARED with the factories and companies that went belly up.

Tell that to all who have lost their jobs and cannot get another because nobody can afford to hire them.

The rest of the country isn't old and retired like you fish.  Not everyone has military retirement and/or career retirement to fall back on.  You live well because you are in the sunset of your life.  You've lived your life and done well for yourself.  That's good.  Not everyone is as fortunate right now in our country fish.

Obama has been in office how long now fish?  Not very long eh?  I guess in your mind though all of them problems he inheirited from George Bush as his fault right?

Your just a sour old Republican who's pissed off that a Democrat is in office.

You can keep twisting reality all you want but it won't change the REAL reality of the rest of the world.

wrong again dn,nobama has been acting for a long time. in all those "positions" he held what has he actually accomplished? what was his resume for president?

W was a governor.

they should not have bought the car to begin with.

much of the problems people are having are the result of their financial irresponsibility. many took out a heloc on their home and used it as their atm. the result is they owed more on their house than it is worth. lenders made 125% loans of a homes value. people were already in the hole getting the loan. many got loans they could not afford, but due to CRA, banks gave many with bad credit and low incomes loans they could not afford. no one forced them to sign for those loans. banks are not blameless but beginning with carter in 1977 there was pressure put on lenders to give people loans thay didn't qualify for or could afford. Too many were living beyond their means. W and maccain tried to get some reform started in 2005 to prevent the mess we are in. it went nowhere.

we had 52 straight months of growth under W. Haven't you improved your position? You have skills but what good are they if a business can't afford you?

how did W get us out of the recession? he cut taxes, for everyone that pays taxes. a country has never yaxed itself into prosperity, nobama will try though.

for too long some have lived beyond their means and did not save anything. This mess will put some basic financial concepts back on track. the current mess is not all W's fault. He did spend a lot of our money. some necessary,some not. Nobama collectively has hima nd all the other presidents beat. the economy will turn itself around, a market economy always does. and it will do so despite what nobama is doing to it.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 03:51:02 AM »
sunset of my life? LOL LOL I am not as old as you may think. Yes I am retired military. I made a choice many others have made and other's could have. I didn't do it all for the retirement, but that is a factor when planning financial futures. too many are neglecting to plan for them selves or their families. I refuse to apologize for being responsible(and debt free) at a relatively young age.
the credit crunch is what put many businesses out of business. if you don't have credit , you can't do business. you should realize that.

when people buy a house they can't afford, the bank forecloses. so now instead of money coming in, the bank has a house they have to sell. when they don't have money coming in, they can't lend any. businesses and individuals can't get loans. simple.

I don't care which party is in office as long as they take care of the country. I am a republican,but more importantly I am a conservative. show me a conservative democrat(they used to be in the early 60's) and I would vote for them, too many republicans lately(except sarah,bobby jindal, and 1 or 2 others)have been embarrassments.

the bottom line is my success is not dependent on who is in office,your's shouldn't be either. neither should those who think nobama will pay their house payment for them.

I am not pissed of there is a democrat in office, I am pissed off at what he is doing to my country, and you should be too.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 05:50:18 AM »
What is he doing?  When I ask that I mean what is he REALLY doing... don't give me some Republican propaganda either.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 05:57:38 AM »
Fish, you are a wonder.  You lecture a younger member with your version of your opinion but you make yourself sound like an idiot.  It is only YOUR OPINION, let me re state that, your opinion, oh did I mistate that, Your Opinion.  We have heard your opinion and you have made yourself clear, give it a rest.  Damm I'm hitting the keys hard.  You fail to read or understand anything that members reply to you. I quit replying about the nobama crap since it made no difference to you and you make it clear that you respect no one.

DN, I too have retired.  I do continue to work in another position, but please do not think that all retired people are so insulting, narrow minded, or an A**, etc, because we are not.  Fish is a one and only.  If he represents W and the Republican Party, then they are in sad shape and that's why they were voted out of office. Just my humble opinion.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »
Nice going, Racer. You said it better than I ever could

Ever wonder if fish is a sociopath? A lot of common elements there. Nah -- DN is probably right -- he is just a sour old and delusional republican.

But just for the record, here are just a few hallmarks of the sociopathic personality:
  • Authoritarian
  • Contemptuous of others
  • Grandiose sense of self
  • Shallow emotions
  • Secretive
  • Paranoid
  • Lack of remorse, shame or guilt
  • Does not perceive that anything is wrong with himself
  • Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where his tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
typical liberal response. tell me what nobama is doing right. read the news lately? I have stated facts and simple economics.

I am where I am because of God blessing me. Plain and simple. Read the story of the ten talents in the bible. God wants us to prosper. part of our unalienable(LOL) rights. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I have stated facts of what nobama is doing to this country(and so have others) and how congress started what is happening now years ago. But you only critisize me? your agenda is obvious. if personal attacks are all you have to offer you are to be pitied.  you are also part of the problem with this country where it is easier to mouth off than actually do something.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
Reminds me of people borrowing money from a loan shark and then complaining when they get their leg broken.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
typical liberal response. tell me what nobama is doing right. read the news lately? I have stated facts and simple economics.

I am where I am because of God blessing me. Plain and simple. Read the story of the ten talents in the bible. God wants us to prosper. part of our unalienable(LOL) rights. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I have stated facts of what nobama is doing to this country(and so have others) and how congress started what is happening now years ago. But you only critisize me? your agenda is obvious. if personal attacks are all you have to offer you are to be pitied.  you are also part of the problem with this country where it is easier to mouth off than actually do something.
Oops. My bad. I forgot that you are also incorrigible. And evasive. The sum of ALL your statements is nothing but egregious conservative propaganda. You ask if we have read the news lately? Ha! Like you believe what "the news" says.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »
not evasive at all. so you agree with all the spending nobama is doing? you agree with all the control nobama wants over businesses, banks, factories?
you agree with nobama capping salaries(even though he accepted a $500k book deal before being sworn in)?
you agree with nobama's plans for a civilian security force?
You agree with nobama outspending all the previous presidents combined?
You agree with nobama signing a stimulus bill he didn't read?
You agree with nobama wanting the bonus's paid to aig paid back after the bill he signed(but didn't read) authorized them?
It is obvious your head is not in the sand, but elswhere.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 11:23:29 PM »
This belongs in the political section.

I will probably move it there later unless someone else does first.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 11:33:17 PM »
not evasive at all. so you agree with all the spending nobama is doing? you agree with all the control nobama wants over businesses, banks, factories?
you agree with nobama capping salaries(even though he accepted a $500k book deal before being sworn in)?
you agree with nobama's plans for a civilian security force?
You agree with nobama outspending all the previous presidents combined?
You agree with nobama signing a stimulus bill he didn't read?
You agree with nobama wanting the bonus's paid to aig paid back after the bill he signed(but didn't read) authorized them?
It is obvious your head is not in the sand, but elswhere.
haw haw haw -- get him mad enough and he can be specific as hell. We may have to overlook that 90% of this stuff is still exaggerated half truths - conservative propaganda, but at least he can write it down one by one. Funny stuff.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 01:09:40 AM »
Apparently fish believes Obama is the Antichrist. Guess that's why he keeps ranting about him in the religious section.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 01:17:05 AM »
not mad at all. it is just that liberals can't handle the facts. prove what I posted isn't accurate then.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 02:38:28 AM »
You prove that it is first.  Prove that it isn't is always such a cop out... but in reality they are one and the same.  So, prove that it is fish.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 03:02:09 AM »
not mad at all. it is just that liberals can't handle the facts. prove what I posted isn't accurate then.
Why bother. I believe it would fall under the heading of "casting pearls before swine" to try to give you facts.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »
This is probably one of the reasons Christians were thrown to the lions.  LOL.  The Romans eventually got sick and tired of listening to them try and tell them how to live their lives so they showed them just how quickly they could end theirs.

Just kidding.  They were persecuted because of Nero.