Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: 3 Down, 47 to go...  (Read 2947 times)

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
3 Down, 47 to go...
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Here's to the homosexual citizens of Iowa! Live free and be happy! Second class citizens no more!

Iowa high court strikes down same-sex marriage ban! 

Here are just a few quotes, you can read the rest at the link near the bottom.

"Friday's decision upheld a 2007 ruling by a lower court that Iowa's 1998 law limiting marriage to heterosexual couples went against the state's constitution. It becomes effective in 21 days"  [by unanimous decision]

The state's highest court determined that "the Iowa statute limiting civil marriage to a union between a man and a woman violates the equal protection clause of the Iowa Constitution,"

"The court reaffirmed that a statute inconsistent with the Iowa Constitution must be declared void, even though it may be supported by strong and deep-seated traditional beliefs and popular opinion," 

"Legislatures in two New England states, Vermont and New Hampshire, have taken steps toward legalizing same-sex marriage"

----
And of course, this last quote should come as no surprise to anyone. I'm actually surprised the number opposed isn't higher, when more then 70% of the nation claim to be christians...

"Nationwide, the issue of same-sex marriage remains highly divisive. A June 2008 CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll found that 44 percent of adult Americans believe gay marriage should be recognized by law as valid; 53 percent are opposed."

Only 53%...   it's not looking good for christians out there..   it takes a 2/3 majority to add an amendment to the constitution. Without it, the courts will continue to have no choice but to strike these laws down when the suits are filed. Especially after today's ruling, and the likelyhood of more to come. Let's not forget Obama promising to overturn DOMA..
It's like that game: Jenga.. the more you pull out, the weaker it becomes.... 

Wonderful day for civil rights in America!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/03/iowa.same.sex/index.html

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: 3 Down, 47 to go...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:23:19 AM »
Yes, Iowans can now live in a state of forced homosexuality, where children can be taught it is a natural thing and forced to be politically correct.  Against the will of the people too.  Another judge legislating from the bench.  We all know what opinions are like.  Problem is judges get to make theirs a law somehow.  If it were the will of the majority of the people there, I would have no problem with it.  Look at California which made it a Constitutional Amendment and some idiot judge saying it is Unconstitutional.  How can it be Unconstitutional in California if it part of their Constitution? 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 02:26:47 AM »
 I guess there is no need to register to vote in iowa.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:32:18 AM »
Yes, Iowans can now live in a state of forced homosexuality, where children can be taught it is a natural thing and forced to be politically correct.  Against the will of the people too.  Another judge legislating from the bench.  We all know what opinions are like.  Problem is judges get to make theirs a law somehow.  If it were the will of the majority of the people there, I would have no problem with it.  Look at California which made it a Constitutional Amendment and some idiot judge saying it is Unconstitutional.  How can it be Unconstitutional in California if it part of their Constitution? 

You really believe that homosexuality can be "forced"?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:11:41 AM »
You really believe that homosexuality can be "forced"?
It realy depends on the size of the homo that's trying to force you.
Some of those guys a monsters :yahoo: :th_egypt:   ***(((*
 :th_th36_1_15:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »
Okie has never visited a prison, I can tell.  I worked in one.  Yes it can be forced.  My point here is that it is now being forced on the very people voting it down.  The MAJORITY as I remember.  And yes, children will be placed in situations where they may well be forced into homosexual acts as well as taught it is the normal way of living.  Aren't they lucky to be exposed to such diversity?  I certainly don't believe so.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:57:11 PM »
There is a difference between being forced into a homosexual act than being forced to be a homosexual. Being forced into the act would be called rape.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
There is a difference between being forced into a homosexual act than being forced to be a homosexual. Being forced into the act would be called rape.
Okie don't start up with me, you no exactly what we meant and your not to big to be spanked..........awww never mind if memory serves me you would like being flogged and tied up with that red ball in your mouth. &^&&( :th_th36_1_15:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
Being forced to accept homosexuality as the norm for this country or even for just the state of Iowa is not acceptable to me.  Making children accept it is not acceptable.  ONE judge has exerted his opinion against the will of the people. so why have a damn election anyway?  Anyone can go shopping for the right judge to go along with thier view.  It was done in this state over CCW.  It was done in Iowa by the homosexuals.  were it the will of the people by the vote, you would not hear even one little peep from me about this subject.  Now the will of the Electoral College is another thing altogether............

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
Okay MN, now that post is clearer than your first one. Maynard, do no ever put a red ball in anyone's mouth....not cool

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 10:46:55 PM »
Okie has never visited a prison, I can tell.  I worked in one.  Yes it can be forced.  My point here is that it is now being forced on the very people voting it down.  The MAJORITY as I remember.  And yes, children will be placed in situations where they may well be forced into homosexual acts as well as taught it is the normal way of living.  Aren't they lucky to be exposed to such diversity?  I certainly don't believe so.
You are losing your mind, MN. A homosexual ACT is not a homosexual lifestyle, and a forced homosexual act is RAPE. In addition, you are compounding an already serious error by confusing homosexuality with pedophilia.

Listen to Okie - she is your sane friend.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 02:25:05 AM »
I dont see what the big deal is. If every guy were gay but me, that would pretty much make me the last guy on earth......but alllllll the females are still here. Guess where they gotta turn. Me. Think im gonna complain?

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 05:02:58 AM »
Where are you getting this "one judge" thing?
What part of "Iowa's supreme court made a unanimous decision" don't you understand?

Furthermore, you act as if this was something that originated by proponents of gay marriage who were pandering to a sympathetic judge. Another "conspiracy" by the minority to force their beliefs on the majority?
 WRONG.   Opponents of gay marriage tried to get a law passed that banned same-sex marriage, which went from the lower courts all the way up to the supreme court where it was recognized for what it is: unconstitutional.
not exactly the same as what you have been claiming has happened, is it?

you are quickly falling into the same category as fish and mark on this thread matrsnot..  normally we can expect you to at least stay close to the core of the arguement. now you've gone and gotten alarmist on us, trying to combine homosexuality and pedophelia and rape and many other things together...  a clear indication that you have no compelling arguement against homosexuality and are simply scared of it. homophobic eh?   are you worried that legalizing homosexuality may cause you to act on some impulses you have been so far successful in repressing?     

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 06:10:55 AM »
I was going to stay out of this thread, but I decided I needed to clear something up. Prison sex is not homosexual sex, it is only prison sex. A prisoner is only a homosexual if they have homosexual sex outside of prison, or if they are thinking about dudes when they have prison sex. If they are thinking about women while prison screwing, they aren't gay.
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
Prison baseball.  One is a pitcher and one is a catcher.  the catcher is considered homosexual.  I am not attempting to say pedophilia.  I am saying the schools will and DO teach this as a norm and it is not.  The gay community is very small compared to the vast majority of people.  I am saying that with the advent of what has been happening, regarding homosexuals, children are being taught to accept it as a norm in this country and it still is not.  Freethinker, you did get me on the Supreme Court and I apologize on that particular point.  This country is still supposed to be about the will of the people.  Supposed.  That has gone now.  The people are subservient to the lawmakers and courts.  It is not just about homosexuality.  It is about our entire system breaking down because the people have allowed it to happen.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
some folks prefer to have their head in the sand.

prop 8 was passed by the voters. now the court will decide. at least the people got to vote. in iowa they didn't.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 12:08:24 PM »
"This country is supposed to be about the will of the people" - matrsnot.

True. But if the "will of the people" violates the equal rights of their fellow citizens, the vote must be overturned by the courts. It shouldn't even be alowed to be voted on in the first place..

The arguement against same-sex marriage is a religious one. Christians don't have the right to tell these people [many of whom are christian] that they are not allowed to be equal to them. Plain and simple...

Mike Boone, of Ankeny, Iowa, stands with his wife Joni during ...

"Mike Boone, of Ankeny, Iowa, stands with his wife Joni during the opening prayer at a rally against gay marriage, Thursday, April 9, 2009, at the Statehouse in Des Moines, Iowa."

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »
 how do you know only christians voted against it? revisit the prop 8 thread again?

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
don't try to play "koi" with me fish..   you have said it yourself that same-sex marriage was a religious issue..   let's not pretend that you dont agree with me on that one part of this issue.....

let's see....   i'll play your little game..  this is from the cnn exit poll on the prop 8 vote:

Vote by religion:
Protestant [43%]: Yes: 65% NO 35%
Catholic [30%]:  Yes: 65%  No  36%
None [16%]:      Yes: 10%  No  90%

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
Prop 8 was a Constitutional Amendment and the courts should not be able to overturn a Constitutional amendment as Unconstitutional.  However the others were laws set down and subject to court review for Constitutionality, the judges can legislate from the bench.  It is the way of things in these days.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 02:41:22 AM »
you just proved it wasn't only christians that voted.