Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Credibility?  (Read 3257 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Credibility?
« on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Re: Credibility?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »
I have never seen or heard of anything like this.  The web address for what is supposed to be the MO site is not a Missouri Government address.  Now, if they were doing that to keep it secret...then why be on the web at all.

I have very serious doubts about this, if there were such a department I have not known of them and they are listed nowhere in the budget...but yet they claim groups like the Sheriff's Assoc. are affiliated with them.  No need to hide the funding if you are going to say public groups are a part of your org.

I doubt it very seriously.

JMO,
Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 02:22:36 AM »
Have never heard of anything like it, but it sounds like bad news to me. Send a note to JB and ask him if he's ever heard of such an organization. He'll come clean if he has.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »
The MIAC Site is real and correct, the reason it didn't look real is because my server showed up with a strange address, but I have found out it is real, the fundling line is under MIAC, that is why I didn't notice it.  It was set up under Gov. Blunt, I just knew it by another name....sorry about that.

The actual story that is linked is being looked at.  They are not sure where that came from but are looking into it.

FYI...

Dave

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 03:26:04 PM »
Thanks.  Just checking if this is real or not.  Hope you get an answer.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
I don't know where the forum got this but....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=843847&page=1

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:08 PM »
I was told by the Highway Patrol that the document was real, but it appears some changes have been made to it before it was posted.

Things are pretty sketchy but I know a number of state officials are looking into what is going on with this and the parent site that put some of the information out.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »
I ca't vouch for the post itself.  It was given to me by someone else.  Is the investigation due to the item being made public or because of the way it is written?  Note the comments in the URL you provided.  I guess it is credible to some extent then.  I think there is a small problem there with regard to freedom of speech.  Seems if anyone does not conform to the thoughts of the administration, they are about to be labeled domestic terrorists.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »
My understanding is they are looking into it because of the way it is written, I don't believe it was a secret document as the one site suggested.  I also don't know what versions they feel were altered, it is on a number of sites and not all of them are the same, which means someone changed some of them.

I am sure we will be hearing more from the Dept. of Public Safety concerning this document, setting the record straight on what the details are.

A place that might have more answers for you is:

Division of Public Information and Education
1510 East Elm Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Telephone: (573) 751-3313
mshppied@mshp.dps.mo.gov

I would assume they might be the folks to contact with more detailed questions.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:18:40 PM »
From everything we are being told so far, Governor Nixon stands by the report and accepts the information within it.  It appears, while I am not 100% on this yet, that it was done at his request.  At any rate, he does not distance himself from it at all according to his quotes over the weekend.

We are still asking many questions, how it came to be, what is the intention of it's use, etc...  I hope to get some answers later today.  This is very concerning to me.

Dave

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »
Thanks, Dave. Many of us are also concerned about it. Nobody wants to be "branded" by the current administration simply because we disagree with their politics. Besides, it's illegal!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
I posted more about this on another thread about MIAC, Dave.  I am not only concerned, I am hightly pissed as these people are about railroading the rural citizenry while the "good" complacent city folks are left alone.  This is the very type of government action that could result in negative action and attitude toward the government.  What seemed to aggravate Nixon was that this article made it to the media and is now nationally known.  He HAS to stay with it.  Continue to put out secret documents and he will have hell on his hands.  This is pure bullshit.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
It appears that many states have a document similar to this, it is starting to be said it came from the federal government.  Again, not sure of that. things are still pretty muddy on this.  TX and CA are supposed to have something similar.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »
I am not dealing with the racial stuff in this part of the site, want to scream that, start another thread somewhere else.  I removed those posts and the replies.

Dave

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »
Fair enough Dave.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
The MSHP has issued a statement, and as much as I love those guys/gals I think it falls far short.  Tomorrow morning we have another meeting and some of the issue may be addressed tomorrow afternoon as we work on the budget for Public Safety.

FYI...

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
FYI...

Missourians United for Life

Civil Liberties Complaint Filed Against Jay Nixon for Abuse of State Law Enforcement

Temporary Restraining Order Sought Against Nixon in U.S. District Court

St. Louis - March 23, 2009 - Governor Jay Nixon is abusing state law enforcement and other taxpayer-funded resources to target pro-life Missourians and others he believes to be political enemies in violation of their civil rights according to a complaint filed today with the Americans Civil Liberties Union (ACLU). Missourians United for Life filed the complaint and is asking the ACLU to apply instantly for a temporary restraining order against Jay Nixon in U.S. District Court.

The complaint was filed in response to a controversial Nixon Administration report issued by the governor’s Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC). The Nixon report targets pro-lifers as potential threats to public safety and specifically warns law enforcement that displaying “anti-abortion” material may be a sign of a potential threat. When asked by a reporter about the controversial report, Nixon defended it stating that getting such information was something “we’re going to continue to do.”

“What Governor Nixon is telling Missourians is if you disagree with him on the issue of life or display a pro-life bumper sticker or wear a pro-life pin, you may subjected to action by state law enforcement or your personal information might be sent to a law enforcement analysis center,” said Ed Martin, President of Missourians United for Life. “This is a clear violation of Missourians civil rights. The only intent of such a report by Nixon’s Administration is to harass and intimidate the governor’s perceived political enemies and chill speech and open debate by those who disagree with Jay Nixon on public policy.

Jay Nixon’s Administration released the attached report on February 20, 2009. In addition to pro-life Missourians, the Nixon report targets Christians, conservatives and others.

Missourians United for Life has filed a complaint against Nixon with the American Civil Liberties Union and is seeking a temporary restraining order against him.

“We are asking the ACLU to take action to protect the civil rights of pro-life Missourians,” Martin said. “No Missourian should have to worry that they may be pulled over by the Missouri State Highway Patrol if they place a pro-life sticker on their bumper or attend a pro-life event. Missourians United for Life have a right to disagree with Nixon’s pro-abortion views and we will not be intimidated by his bullying.”

To learn more about Missourians United for Life or to join the fight for life go to http://www.MissouriansUnitedforLife.com

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 12:18:58 AM »
Here is a letter I was sent a copy of from Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin.  I uploaded to my host, don't know how to post a PDF on here.  I will probably take it down in a few days, just wanted to share it with  you.

http://staterepday.com/Documents/MIAC%20LETTER.pdf

FYI...

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 09:34:56 AM »

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »
Policy change within MICA.  Document is here:  http://staterepday.com/Documents/Scan00140.pdf

The Lt. Gov, myself and some other House members have asked the Dir. of Public Safety go on Admin. Leave while an investigation be conducted.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 01:17:52 AM »
I have been keeping track.  Thanks for your help and information on this Dave.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
tag
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower