Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How is the Giant Republican Teabagging Party Going?  (Read 11454 times)

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
How is the Giant Republican Teabagging Party Going?
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »

Share/Bookmark

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Re: How is the Giant Republican Teabagging Party Going?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »
Actually Winston, many of them have a large number of Democrats attending also.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »
i can just imagine the shock when people got the letters inviting them to come "teabag your congressman"..  hahahaha 

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »
Actually Winston, many of them have a large number of Democrats attending also.

Dave

Pretty much.  When you count over 2000 cities in both red and blue states....you get the picture.  If not, take a look for yourself:

http://www.teapartyday.com/Map.aspx
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:25:05 PM »
Yeah, pretty graphic, but how is it going on the ground?

I figured you'd be posting videos and pictures of live shots of all of those guys teabagging each other.

Must not be going too well...
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »
CNN had pretty good coverage this morning from both viewpoints

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »

I figured you'd be posting videos and pictures of live shots of all of those guys teabagging each other.

Must not be going too well...

Haha - I post very few videos or pics on here to make a statement.  Good try though champ.

Honestly though, I am curious too (how they are going).
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »
Only video results I've seen so far are of about 175 old white people in DC.

Nothing else solid, though it may be early.

Is this an all day teabagging party or is it over already?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »
Nobody wants to be labeled a terrorist by the govt for disagreeing with administration policy I guess.  Too close to the hub of govt in DC.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:44:13 PM »
Nobody wants to be labeled a terrorist by the govt for disagreeing with administration policy I guess.  Too close to the hub of govt in DC.

Yeah, that didn't stop the 300,000 protesters in DC against Bush in '03.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
Only video results I've seen so far are of about 175 old white people in DC.

Nothing else solid, though it may be early.

Is this an all day teabagging party or is it over already?

I'm not going with the old white people video......sorry, not today.

I don't know if there were official set times for events or not.

And for the record, I don't think this is a biased event aimed in particular at the current administration.  I don't see it that way myself.  As Dave pointed out, there are Dems involved also.  Bottom line, there are a lot of folks upset with government spending in general.

And, in a way I guess the announcement of the spending is a plus in Obama's favor - standing by his transparency platform.  At least we know its happening, but it doesn't make it any more palatable.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

That WOULD be pretty graphic, but it seems the term teabagging is lost on most of these people.

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
That WOULD be pretty graphic, but it seems the term teabagging is lost on most of these people.

Again, something not worth playing into.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »
Again, something not worth playing into.

Agree.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
Agree.

"Nobama" thanks you for trying to raise your level of discourse.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 06:50:28 PM »

I learned something today, though I wish I hadn't.

Here's a link for people who want to know what the "other meanings" of this word are. Don't click it if you don't want to be disgusted. But I guess I now need to avoid the use of "teabag" as a verb, just like certain other perfectly legitimate words like "pussy" or "gay" have acquired additional meanings that now make them effectively unusable for their original purposes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tea-Bag
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
 :yahoo:

Can't...stop...laughing...

WASHINGTON D.C. - Papers filed by political humorists in Federal Court accuse The Republican Party, its elected officials, conservative bloggers, Fox News, and CNBC of "crossing the line in self parody" and "creating a situation that is difficult to satire" by acting "so effing weird." The comics, some of them funny, are seeking damages in the hundreds of dollars to make up for lost revenue.

A visibly legendary Mort Sahl addressed reporters in a threadbare sweater, his hands flopping nervously in the breeze since the newspaper he planned to carry had gone bankrupt. "This is a career for many of us," said Sahl shyly. "Politicians and talk show hosts holding up tea bags day after day has taken it's toll and jokes are becoming increasingly difficult to write.

For example, the KKK protested at Republican headquarters and burned uh ah a giant tea bag on the front lawn. See? No place to go. I give up."

A noticeably muscular Carrot Top whispered to Sahl that the Klan had, in fact, burned a giant bag on the lawn of the Republican party. Sahl's head exploded. Shocked reported recoiled in horror then high-fived because was sort of cool looking, really.

In a separate suit, Richard and Sal from the Howard Stern show claimed that Republicans had ruined the humorous value of tea bagging.

Lawyers for the class action suit showed tapes of recent episodes of Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and the House Republican caucus. After the crowd stopped laughing they pointed out that these were actual video tapes, not way out parodies.

That seemed to confuse people. Lawyers played the tapes again and then people got very quiet and sad and most of them walked away from the TV and didn't say anything for a very long time but they told themselves that they would never vote for a Republican again, ever. Later they forgot all about the scary tapes but wondered why they didn't see Republicans any more like they used to in the old days.

Bill Maher defiantly lit a cigarette that appeared to be marijuana, inhaled and then coughed just as he was about to speak. This was not related to the lawsuit in any way and happened in the bedroom at Maher's home, thousands of miles away in California.         

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »
was that a cut and paste.  Why is  it ok for some and not for others.

By the way I think they should all be banned from the site.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
Another Pulaski County Web reader educated today. You are welcome.. Funny.

I learned something today, though I wish I hadn't.

Here's a link for people who want to know what the "other meanings" of this word are. Don't click it if you don't want to be disgusted. But I guess I now need to avoid the use of "teabag" as a verb, just like certain other perfectly legitimate words like "pussy" or "gay" have acquired additional meanings that now make them effectively unusable for their original purposes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tea-Bag

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »
Sacramento - over 5,000 according to reports.  No politicans invited of either party.  Have read numerous signs reflecting people of both parties.  St. Louis tonight is expecting a very good turnout.

Dave

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 08:30:14 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
was that a cut and paste.  Why is  it ok for some and not for others.

By the way I think they should all be banned from the site.

If you can't tell the difference, maybe instead of banning people, you just leave?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 08:57:29 PM »
If you can't tell the difference, maybe instead of banning people, you just leave?
As I recall your the one who trys to get people banned what_the?/winston the Sofa king.
How's that working out for yah?? :shame:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
As I recall your the one who trys to get people banned what_the?/winston the Sofa king.
How's that working out for yah?? :shame:

WTF you talking about tough guy?

You gonna back that up or apologize and retract your lie?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:45 PM »
WTF you talking about tough guy?

You gonna back that up or apologize and retract your lie?
Just report it to a moderator winston/ sofa king
you do that so well. :shame:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
One media outlet reported 5,000+ in K.C. today.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 01:07:23 AM »
Saw two media reports that said over 10,000 at the St. Louis Tea Party.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 01:25:15 AM »
here ya go winston, the nuge played the star spangled banner at the tea party in texas, it was great!
   Samuel 'Joe the Plumber' Wurzelbacher, who made news during ...   APWed Apr 15, 5:58 PM ET    Previous 9 of 65 Next  Samuel 'Joe the Plumber' Wurzelbacher, who made news during the presidential campaign when he asked Barack Obama about taxes, speaks during a tax day 'tea party' protest Wednesday, April 15, 2009, at the Michigan Capitol in Lansing, Mich.(AP Photo/Al Goldis)       http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Boston-Tea-Party/photo//090415/480/102d13d70c4b43a8b1d23183d36212b6/#photoViewer=/090415/480/86b60f96e9004c96a7e53dbdbc049347

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »
No i don't see a difference. Wait....maybe you did a copy and past instead of cut and paste.
Is it because Mark "cut and paste" articles about Christian things that make his wrong and you  "cut and past" about anything that you think blast conservatives that make yours right.

"If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen."
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!