Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Someone died in Crocker?????  (Read 16953 times)

Offline cat_2100

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Someone died in Crocker?????
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Seems to me I never hear when people pass away till its almost too late to make a person's funeral.
I'm not sure who's job it is to post or let the public know about such things........but it seems sad to me that so many people pass away and very few find out till its too late to attend a funeral.  I know myself that two people in the last few months  have passed away that I went to school with not particularill close but someone that I would want to and did end up making their funerals.  The only reason I was able to attend was by word of mouth though there was never to my knowledge anything written in any paper or on-line source I can find about either of these individuals passing away.  I was just wondering who's job or is it even a job to do that sort of thing........I would hate to think I or anyone could miss something like that just because no one posts about it till its over or too late to make arrangements to attend.
Just my two cents lol.  ........

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Someone died in Crocker?????
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
I do not know who's job it is to let the community know--- I do know as far as my mother and my sister WE the family had to put it in the paper.

As far has hearing about it---- KFBD does 2 times per day "News from local and area funeral homes" and they list them all.  I One is somewehre around 12:15 (noon)
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »
The short answer is that it's entirely up to the families whether they want to have the funeral homes send a funeral notice to area media, and if so, which newspapers or radio stations. Some funerals never get announced because the family doesn't want publicity.

HOWEVER, this brings up a more significant issue for me. I've had three or four requests over the last couple of months to start running obituaries in the Pulaski County Daily News -- not a lot of inquiries, but some. Right now, the Waynesville Daily Guide's policy -- which was required by corporate headquarters -- is that only very brief obituary information gets printed unless the family pays for it. That's what nearly all daily newspapers do today, and corporate headquarters was upset that, in their view, the Daily Guide was throwing away money by not requiring payment for obituaries. I strongly supported that decision at first, but I've since come to regret that decision because the result wasn't that the Daily Guide got more money, but rather that people got angry at the Daily Guide because the county's weekly newspapers and KJPW/KFBD radio would run them for free.

And in any case, it is extremely difficult get obituaries in a timely manner when the paper prints only five days per week, has midnight deadlines, and won't be seen by most people until they get their mail late in the afternoon or evenings of the next day.

If I get involved in dealing with obituaries, it will be a very, very, very difficult thing to do right. Frankly, few things make people madder than a fouled-up or missing obituary, and obituaries are one of the most frustrating things newspapers have to deal with. That's part of why nearly all newspapers now require payment. I'm inclined at this poiint to steer clear of the whole thing because it will take a **MASSIVE** amount of time to do right, and I've got enough other problems already. But if there is a real interest, I'm willing to see if I can find someone willing to do this work since there is no possible way I can do it myself.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 03:06:49 PM »
Since most funeral homes put the obits on line now days, have you considered talking to the local area funeral homes about setting up some kind of RSS link with their sites?  Or is that not feasible for your operation?

The short answer is that it's entirely up to the families whether they want to have the funeral homes send a funeral notice to area media, and if so, which newspapers or radio stations. Some funerals never get announced because the family doesn't want publicity.

HOWEVER, this brings up a more significant issue for me. I've had three or four requests over the last couple of months to start running obituaries in the Pulaski County Daily News -- not a lot of inquiries, but some. Right now, the Waynesville Daily Guide's policy -- which was required by corporate headquarters -- is that only very brief obituary information gets printed unless the family pays for it. That's what nearly all daily newspapers do today, and corporate headquarters was upset that, in their view, the Daily Guide was throwing away money by not requiring payment for obituaries. I strongly supported that decision at first, but I've since come to regret that decision because the result wasn't that the Daily Guide got more money, but rather that people got angry at the Daily Guide because the county's weekly newspapers and KJPW/KFBD radio would run them for free.

And in any case, it is extremely difficult get obituaries in a timely manner when the paper prints only five days per week, has midnight deadlines, and won't be seen by most people until they get their mail late in the afternoon or evenings of the next day.

If I get involved in dealing with obituaries, it will be a very, very, very difficult thing to do right. Frankly, few things make people madder than a fouled-up or missing obituary, and obituaries are one of the most frustrating things newspapers have to deal with. That's part of why nearly all newspapers now require payment. I'm inclined at this poiint to steer clear of the whole thing because it will take a **MASSIVE** amount of time to do right, and I've got enough other problems already. But if there is a real interest, I'm willing to see if I can find someone willing to do this work since there is no possible way I can do it myself.

Offline dolphins29

• Proud momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
Not to change the subject to much, but the title of the thread made me think of it. Anyone know anything about a woman being found dead yesterday in crocker? One of the girls at work was asking and i hadnt heard anything yet.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
I agree with this idea.  I also think that having a small free obit in a paper is fine.  If the family wants a 2 column write-up with picture, I can see charging a fee.

Since most funeral homes put the obits on line now days, have you considered talking to the local area funeral homes about setting up some kind of RSS link with their sites?  Or is that not feasible for your operation?

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline hawkeyehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
The topic of this is someone died in crocker, So is this over the girl that died yesterday? Does anyone know more information on how she died? or know when her funeral will be?

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »
The death is being investigated. An autopsy is being done.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »

Unfortunately, most funeral homes around here, with the major exception of Waynesville Memorial Chapel and its branch funeral home in Richland, do **NOT** put the obits online. Several funeral homes around here don't even have e-mail and send typewritten -- yes, TYPEWRITTEN -- obituaries to the local newspapers that are full of spelling errors, typos, and grammatical problems. I've even seen obituaries come across the Waynesville Daily Guide fax machine that have numerous handwritten changes that are barely legible. I'd estimate that probably two thirds of the obits that came into the Daily Guide when I was there had to be retyped because the funeral home sending them didn't have e-mail capability.

Remember, funeral homes by definition are dealing with an older clientele that is not necessarily interested in technology, and large numbers of funeral directors are older people who fall into that demographic themselves.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
Any new information on this death??
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »
Visitation is Wednesday, funeral is Thursday..

Offline "DJ"

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
Any new information on this death??
Who ?

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 10:53:53 PM »
The girl that died last week~ sorry dont know the proper spelling of her last name~ Anyone know?

Offline LucyFan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »
Darrell was saying funeral homes around here didnt have online obits..................check out www.longfuneralhomes.com

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:33 AM »
Thanks LucyFan !
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline LucyFan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:37 AM »
No Problem...............What a precious baby!!!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 12:31:02 AM »
When did Peggy Harrison die? The links aren't clickable until you get down to Eddie Davis. At least not for me. Is it Peggy Harrison from Dixon?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 12:45:58 AM »
When did Peggy Harrison die? The links aren't clickable until you get down to Eddie Davis. At least not for me. Is it Peggy Harrison from Dixon?

It says she was from dixon and she died april 3rd.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:58 AM »
Hmm, they aren't clickable for me
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 01:49:55 AM »
The girl that died last week~ sorry dont know the proper spelling of her last name~ Anyone know?
  ashley lawrie

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »
longs funeral homes sign says the visitation is tuesday 6-8 and wed funeral at 11 for ashley lawrie. im going to go check it again in the morning because i want to go to the visitation
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 03:41:02 AM »
They still aren't saying what happened?
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 05:00:18 AM »
Thanks LucyFan !
Hey Murfy when did you have that baby?? It looks fresh out of the oven.
It also looks Like Winston Churchill and showme will be Jealous ;D ;D
 :th_th36_1_15:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »

That would be her newest grandson~ cute isn't he?

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 06:39:37 AM »
Ashley Lawrie, 23, of Crocker, died April 16, 2009 at her residence in Crocker.

Born April 26, 1985 in Germany

Attended Hilltop Christian Union Church, Crocker

Survivors: her daughter, Cheyenne Lawrie, Crocker
             Her father, Jimmy Lawrie, Ft. Hood, Texas[/]
             Her mother, Cynthia Singh, Spanaway, Washington
             Grandparents, Toni Shelton, Crocker; Bonnie Jarrett, Crocker and Theresa Lawrie, Wichita, Kansas
             2 brothers, Anthony and Carlos Manalo, both of Spanaway, Washington
             a half brother, J.J. Lawrie, Des Moines, Iowa
              2 sisters, Sabrina Falquez, Florence, Arizona and Natasha Jarrett, Spanaway, Washington;
              a half sister, Jamie Lawrie, Des Moines, Iowa

Funeral service: 11 a.m., Wednesday, April 22, 2009, in the Long Funeral Home, Crocker with Bro. Billy Claiborn officiating.

Visitation: 6 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 21, 2009 and 10 11 a.m., Wednesday, April 22, 2009, in the Long Funeral Home, Crocker.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 06:40:25 AM »
don't ask me why its so light~ left click on it and highlite it and you can see it better~

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »
Darrell was saying funeral homes around here didnt have online obits..................check out www.longfuneralhomes.com

Thank you ... I wasn't saying that "no funeral homes had online obits," just that most do not, with the major exception of Waynesville Memorial Chapel and its branch facility in Richland --- they've had a strong online presence for years.

I'd be interested in knowing how long it's been since the Crocker funeral home went online. The last time I tried to find a website for them I wasted several hours and could not find one. But that was quite some time ago and they may very well have put up a website since the last time I hunted for one.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »
i noticed a page for urns and stuff for your deceased pet on longs site   :th_thicon_super:

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »
visitation is tonight 6-8 pm and funeral wednesday at 11pm.

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 02:40:35 PM »
We arent jeolous! That is a beautiful baby!! I want info!! I love babies.

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!