Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Farmers market in Waynesville  (Read 19251 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Farmers market in Waynesville
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:56 PM »

Share/Bookmark

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
That's excellent Eeyore! 

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
Yep -- new endeavor for us
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
We need more backyard beekeepers.  The orginal reason I am growing organic is my bees. I didn't want to harm them with products in my garden. When I started researching alternatives I decided that the other stuff out there is too scary and I don't want to eat anything with that on it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Human natural selection= just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 07:50:49 PM »
Hopefully this will go well---- we were hoping to find a bee keeping group--- a mentor--- but so far it is books

We need more backyard beekeepers.  The orginal reason I am growing organic is my bees. I didn't want to harm them with products in my garden. When I started researching alternatives I decided that the other stuff out there is too scary and I don't want to eat anything with that on it.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »
Hopefully this will go well---- we were hoping to find a bee keeping group--- a mentor--- but so far it is books

I can answer general questions as we had over 100 hives when I was growing up.  I am not up to speed on all the new diseases, mites etc though.  Feel free to holler!

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 07:22:13 PM »
The Waynesville Farmer's Market was started by the Pulaski County Master Gardeners a few years ago in an effort to encourage local growers.  There were a few growers but the Amish were the only growers that were able to keep it going and often the only vendors.  There is currently no "official" farmers market.  The reason they chose to move the market to Buckhorn was because there was shade.  The parking lot at the middle school was hot and the wind often blew their awnings over.  As of right now their plan is to continue at the Buckhorn location.   I can not speak for the Amish but I believe they would be open to another location, but shade would be an issue. 
There is NEVER a right way to do the wrong thing!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:59 AM »
Thanks for the information.

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm confused though, I didn't think there was any shade at Buckhorn. Do they set up near the tree line? 

Human natural selection= just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »
They set up at the edge of the convenience store parking lot next to the Baptist Church.  I think they are on concrete though, not sure.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
They set up in the parking lot of the shell gas station.  There is a big oak tree and that is where they set up.  The parking lot is gravel.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
twice a month there is a flea market set up in Crocker at the frisco park in town...just need to rent a space,they get alot of traffic on 17. plus the Amish seem to do well when the come to town and sit in the parking lot by the tracks

contact the chamber for space info.. its pretty cheap

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
I believe what is needed is a volunteer to head up and organize the local Farmers Market. I believe the Extension Office is looking for that individual, but so far no volunteers. It takes a lot of time away from ones life to set up and run these types of events and unforunately there is no pay other than the thanks and gratitude of the community. Not that that isn't readily given. I believe there are multiple locations available but no organizer.

Offline JuneBug67

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »
There are insurance issues too, not just a spot.  I have part of the Pulaski County Master Gardeners when they set up the market the first year.  I will call the extention and see what they have.  I know that getting enough growers in to support the market will be the biggest challenge.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »
If you want a busy Farmer's Market check out Rolla, Lebanon or Camdenton.  The market manager here has never done anything to promote it or get new vendors.  2 years ago when we checked it out it took 2 weeks + just to get a return call.  We would love a good local market for our soaps and herbs.

At my old farm we used to drive an hour to sell at a farmer's mkt.
I gave my mother a tart burner for Christmas, I'll get some from you when she runs out.She loves it!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
Ohh, I thought they had it by the new grocery store last year.  I know I saw a couple of awnings set up there last year. I didn't know they had moved it to the area by the church. That might be a little better.  The shell station is always real busy.

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
Okay, I think I've made up my mind to set up at the Buckhorn market if it by the shell station.  Just so you all know what I will be selling here is a short list.  Also I am growing pesticide/insecticide free. Pretty much organic but I'm not getting certified.  I will also be selling free-range brown eggs.
Cheddar cauli, purple cauli, several heirloom types of tomatoes, fingerling potatoes, purple potatoes, MANY different squash varieties, broccoli, green beans, purple beans,
asparagus bean, cucumbers, shallots, multicolored carrots and radish, lots and lots of different peppers. (mini belle, colored bell, hot peppers) and I know other stuff that I am forgetting.  So as this stuff begins to mature I will be up there selling it.  I will be posting back on this site with up dates on what is riping and what I will be bringing.  I am also going to try my hand at watermelon and pumpkins in the river bottom.  I'm also going to try growing tobacco this year but that will be for my hubby's consumption. :)

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 03:00:28 AM »
I gave my mother a tart burner for Christmas, I'll get some from you when she runs out.She loves it!

Thanks Mark..just holler when you are ready!

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 02:55:12 AM »
Eyeore, do you have Bee Keeping for dummies?  I got that that book and it is great. Funny too!

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »
Yes, law 101 gave it to my husband, that is what started it :)

Eyeore, do you have Bee Keeping for dummies?  I got that that book and it is great. Funny too!

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 08:16:47 PM »
Eyeore, how are your bees doing?  Mine tried to abscond the hive but I convinced them that the hive provided was the best place for them.  They kinda hurt my feelings...WAS IT NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM?!!! Ungrateful bees!

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
My oriole feeders are being over run by bees. Someone is going to have some sweet honey.

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:39 AM »
They do love sugar water!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:52 PM »
I stopped by the new Farmer's Market this morning after getting off work. As mentioned it is now at the Wayneville City Park located on the north end of the soccer fields under the trees.  Excellent spot. Parking across the drive from the booths.  Only vendors there today but the 15 min or so I was there it was a constant crowd of people.  I think they will have a success here. 

Also I will mention here that we will be selling our handcrafted bath and body products and dried herbs at the market starting on June 6 and adding in fresh herbs and naturally grown (we are not organically certified) veggies as they come in. 

Offline knpeterson

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »
I can't wait to meet you there!  I think I will be starting May 30th.  See you soon! :)

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
I can't wait to meet you there!  I think I will be starting May 30th.  See you soon! :)

I think it will be a good time.  I so enjoyed selling my herbs in a Metro KC market.  Didn't have the soaps then as I was with an ex.  I will have some dried herbs to start and the chives are ready too.

We have to wait til June because I have to work a 12 hour shift this Sat. and next week I will be auctioning with Ed up on T Hwy.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
Folks I have started a thead in the Farm and Garden Classified Section for everyone to list what they are bringing to market this week so you all can get a preview.

Here is the link:   http://pulaskicountyweb.com/smf/index.php?topic=16884.0