Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Correction to information for Town Hall Meeting in St Robert  (Read 5299 times)

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
Correction to information for Town Hall Meeting in St Robert
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Had a city councilman come and ask me to attend this meeting and bring everybody I know.  I don't know a lot of people so I am inviting anybody on here who lives in St. Robert to attend this meeting. 

Apparently they really do want to know what people want.  They are going to be discussing the new pool and the area up where Fields property was.

Yesterday I took my daughter down to get her learners permit (YIKES) and there was young soldier in there getting his license.  I overheard him tell another person there that "this was an OK place to live if you are married but if you are single there is nothing to do."  So I told him I am going to a meeting where they are wanting ideas about what we need here and I asked him "as a young single man what type of activities or businesses would you like to see here."  He said he didn't know.  Well if you can complain about not having anything to do you would think you would have some kind of idea of what you would like to do if it was here.

SO PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE DONE IN ST ROBERT ATTEND THIS MEETING.  MAY NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUT IF YOU DON'T TELL THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE DECISIONS WHAT YOU WANT THEN YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN WHEN THEY DON'T DO IT.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
Re: Town Hall Meeting May 14th at St Robert Municipal Center
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
I hope there is a good turnout at this meeting and I think it is great that they are inviting public input at a meeting. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Town Hall Meeting May 14th at St Robert Municipal Center
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
Correction to the above information:

Meeting is May 15
Seniors and Adult issues will start discussion at 2:00PM
Youth issues will start discussion at 6:00PM

This meeting is to get our input about parks and recreation ideas for the city of St. Robert.

For more information call 451-2000 X1000

Please attend this meeting.  If you have any interest at all in the future developement of parks and recretion for the St.Robert community to include a pool or aquatic attraction this is the time for you to voice your opinion not after it is finished and you aren't happy with what they did.  They are asking for and need your opinions.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Correction to information for Town Hall Meeting in St Robert
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
I went to the city council meeting last night, there is still the town hall meeting on the 15th.

Very good information was given about the improvements they want to make for the St. Robert Community.

The same information will be given at the town hall meeting on the 15th and I encourage anyone with children who will be raising them in this community, to attend the meeting.

Everyone is always complaining about nothing to do here for kids.  The city of St. Robert is trying to correct this problem with A LOT of improvements, indoor therapy pool, outdoor water park, new community building w indoor playground similar to chuck-e-cheese, teen center with gymnasium, improved skate park, I can't remember all the things but there is a lot.

They are suggesting a repeal of the personal property tax for St. Robert residents and add a small sales tax to pay for all the improvements.  Our sales tax will still be lower than Waynesville, Rolla, etc.  The only place lower will be Lebanon.

I'm all for it and I don't even have small children.  I could use the indoor pool though with water aroebics classes.

It sounds great, please come and give your opinion.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 04:51:58 AM »
I know it isn't the mayor, just who in st bob is coming up with all the great ideas for improvements. Someone need a hand and pat on the back.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:29 AM »
so even if you don't live in St Robert could you go?

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
The forum is open to all who want to come and express their ideas for what you think is needed in the St. Robert park system and what you would like to see in a Community Center/Aquatics Facility if we are able to build one.  You are welcome to attend, even if you do not live in the City.  We realize that many of the folks who use the parks do not live in the city.

Kevin Hillman
St. Robert City Attorney
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
Kevin, who was that that gave the presentation.  Was that Alan Clark who came up with all those facts figures and ideas.  If so they need to keep him for a long time.  That was a great presentation.  I'd just like to say, when you present this for a vote, make sure people know it is not just an aquatic facility, there are a lot of great things in this plan that many people can use.  Make sure it is explained fully.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »
It was Alan.  He will be giving the presentation on the 15th as well.  I hope folks come and tell us what they want.  The Mayor and the City Council are really trying to repond to what people are telling them they want.  If the park sales tax along with the elimination of the personal property tax is approved, there is a lot more than just an aquatics center/ new community center that we are looking at.  However, we need to know what people want.  We toured a number of facilities other cities have last summer so we have some ideas as to what is out there.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »
I fully support this.. St. Robert is progressive. Quality of life is important, and Alan knows this. Anyone living in St. Robert would be foolish not to support this.

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
I think this town needs a lot of input from the hotels. I know that i hear from hundreds of people a week that they wish there was somethin to do in this town when their soldier has a pass. That is one place where this town is losing money on.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
Dave if you have any information from people who visit that might help St. Robert decide what they are going to build then please go to the meeting.  Or next time you hear them complaining tell them "well I had a chance to make a difference and get some things built but decided not to go, sorry"

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »
Dave if you have any information from people who visit that might help St. Robert decide what they are going to build then please go to the meeting.  Or next time you hear them complaining tell them "well I had a chance to make a difference and get some things built but decided not to go, sorry"

Im gonna try to make it if i can. I would love to speak for all of the guests. I would also love not to hear...why isnt there anything to do here?

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »
I also think they should get some young soldiers on post to represent the post population.  As I said there was a young unmarried soldier I heard say the same thing.  OK, go get them and ask them what they want.