Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: H.R. 1388 Is this true or just another email?  (Read 8659 times)

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
H.R. 1388 Is this true or just another email?
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

> www.grannywarriors.com
> Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....
>
> Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.
>
> Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...
>
> By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza.
>
> The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.
>
> Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.
>
> Let's review...itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since his inauguration:
>
> His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.
>
> His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.
>
> His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S., but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.
>
> He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.
>
> He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.
>
> He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.
>
> Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.
>
> These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.
>
> Doubtful? To verify this for yourself:
> www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
>
> PLEASE PASS THIS ON... AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW
>
> WE are losing this country at a rapid pace.
>
>

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: H.R. 1388 Is this true or just another email?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
I checked out the link and it looks real but what do I know.  If this is real, why hasn't the national media brought attention to it?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
Interesting.  If true.  Look for more from these terrorists and this time from within.  someone defended this sometime ago when I said this was happening because they are just poor refugees.  Guess we will find out now that they can live off the American Taxpayer.

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, "

---

sounds like fear mongering to me...

the MRA fund sends emergency funds overseas all the time to aid in the relocation of people from warzones or natural disaster areas. i'm sure you've seen pictures of refugee camps at some point and time. how many of those have you seen in our country?
show me the memo that authorizes these "hundreds of thousands" of palestinian refugees to get expedited visas/green cards to enter the country legally and this might be a valid concern.
untill then, all it is is money going overseas to help people escape a dangerous situtation. we do it all the time.  Obama is well within his legal right to approporate this money.  Doing so does not translate to thousands of possible terrorist entering the country by years end..

here: The Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration    www.state.gov 

The Bureau works with the international community to develop humane and what are termed "durable" solutions to their displacement. The three durable solutions, are:

Repatriation - going home when they are no longer at risk of persecution
Local Integration - settling permanently in the country to which they have fled
Resettlement - settling permanently in a third country

The United States remains the largest resettlement country in the world while also contributing to life-sustaining assistance programs that have an impact on millions of refugees, displaced persons, and victims of conflict.

Less than one percent of refugees worldwide are ever resettled in a third country. Resettlement is often called "the option of last resort"

How do you decide who gets in and who doesn't?
The Department of Homeland Security has this authority. Under US law, a refugee must have a well-founded fear of prosecution based on:
  • Religion  Political opinion  Race  Nationality  Membership in a particular social group
Furthermore, a refugee must be deemed admissible to the US. For a list of grounds that would disqualify a refugee from resettling in the United States, go to the Department of Homeland Security.

DHS:

The following is a list of grounds for which a refugee may not be admitted to the U.S.:
A person who is determined to have a communicable disease of public health significance
A person who is determined to have certain serious physical or mental disorders
A person who is determined to be a drug abuser or addict
A former citizen of the U.S. who renounced citizenship for tax purposes
A person who has committed a crime of moral turpitude
A person who has violated laws pertaining to controlled substances
A person who has been convicted of two or more criminal offenses
A person who has committed prostitution within the past ten years
An individual who has committed serious crimes and has been granted immunity from prosecution
A person who is intending to practice polygamy in the United States
A person who is attempting to enter the U.S. in violation of U.S. immigration laws, or assists another person to do so
A person who has been involved in international child abduction
A person who is intending to enter the U.S. to conduct illegal activities
A person whose admission to the U.S. would have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences to the U.S.
A person who is or has been a member of the communist or any other totalitarian party
A person who has engaged in any way in the persecution of others on the basis of race, nationality, religion, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
 Correct Freethinker.  Providing funds does not equate to bringing them to this country.  I qualified my previous thread with "if true."  Few may come to this country, but where else would they go?  Israel?  And the few making it here.  How can we be positive they will not attack from within?  Those are the questions I am posing.

Offline dcmo22119

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
This is not a new policy just the new President continuing previous presidential findings/actions.  http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi

It is not unusual for a spate of 'let's keep doing that' after a new President takes office.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public"
--   Theodore Roosevelt, Jr,

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 02:18:29 PM »
  Few may come to this country, but where else would they go?  Israel?  And the few making it here.  How can we be positive they will not attack from within?  Those are the questions I am posing.

we can't be sure they won't attack from within, just as we can't be sure if our current muslims will be attacking us from within someday. all we can do is make an informed decision on the matter, put some fail safes in place, and hope for the best.
we can not afford to typecast all muslims as terrorists. this is america. if we allow our fear of the enemy deny those who wish to escape their country and enjoy the freedom of ours, we have already lost...

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »
Isn't it strange how the media will chase after a story about an 87 year old German man who has lived in the U.S. for 60 years and someone recently found out that when he was 18 he was a guard at at POW camp for a few weeks.  Then every week you hear about the court case and how he is being kicked out of the country.  A kid who probably never hurt anyone and was carrying out his orders.  What a bunch of crap.  But they want to bring Islam extremists into the U.S. because (boo hoo) we waterboarded them.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
Isn't it strange how the media will chase after a story about an 87 year old German man who has lived in the U.S. for 60 years and someone recently found out that when he was 18 he was a guard at at POW camp for a few weeks.  Then every week you hear about the court case and how he is being kicked out of the country.  A kid who probably never hurt anyone and was carrying out his orders.  What a bunch of crap.  But they want to bring Islam extremists into the U.S. because (boo hoo) we waterboarded them.

see...  you went ahead and bought right into that "bringing islamic extremist into the country" hook, line, and sinker...    there is absolutely no evidence that points to that "fact" at all. it's just hearsay spread through a freaking email. but you've grasped for it like a dehydrated man grasps for a straw. you've even combined it with something else that you disaprove of...

that's exactly how that kind of misinformation gets "credability" added to it. and then spreads entirely to easy, exactly like the person who wrote it was intended it to...

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »
Excerpt from CNN:  Obama signs order to close Guantanamo Bay facility  Story Highlights
President Obama signs orders to close detention facility, ban torture

Sen. John McCain issues statement supporting facility's closure

Some congressional Republicans slam "politically correct" security policies

GOP congressman says he's worried about where to house detainees

WASHINGTON (CNN) --

...Obama's move highlights a fierce struggle over where the prison's detainees will go next. iReport.com: Closing Guantanamo is a "risk"

Asked about that issue Thursday, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said, "We have developed some options in terms of how many we think could be returned to other countries to take them. That diplomatic initiative has not started. That will await work in carrying out the executive order."

"We have identified a number of possible prisons here in the United States" that could take the detainees. However, Gates added, "I've heard from members of Congress [representing] where all those prisons are located. Their enthusiasm is limited."  Watch what may happen to Guantanamo's inmates

Rep. Bill Young, R-Florida, said he has "quite a bit of anxiety" about the possibility of transferring detainees to U.S. facilities.

"Number one, they're dangerous," Young said. "Secondly, once they become present in the United States, what is their legal status? What is their constitutional status? I worry about that, because I don't want them to have the same constitutional rights that you and I have. They're our enemy."

What "evidence" do you have that this is not fact?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »
Is the US so inept that it can't handle a few dangerous prisoners?

They've been locked on an island, some for 6+ years, what could they possibly do?

What do we do with dangerous prisoners in the US, hike up our skirts and run screaming like a little scared girl who has seen a mouse?

EEEK!

"Dangerous" people!

Run away!

Run away!
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 04:15:29 PM »
Well, we appear to be afraid of an 87 year old German man who has basically done nothing.  What could he possibly do?  EEEK indeed.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »
More sloppy efforts to discredit and the authors apparently do not even know the difference between a bill making its way through Congress (HR 1388), and an executive order from the Oval Office (Presidential Determination). The immigration issue is dealt with here: World Net Daily and here: Palestinian Resettlement

As for H.R. 1388 -- a different subject altogether -- the truth of the matter comes to light at factcheck.org

Offline freethinker

• My boston - emerSIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »
coyote,

you're missing the point. several of them actually..  perhaps you should start again at the top of the thread and see where you've gone wrong...  or just let me spell it out for you:

putting the terrorists from guantanamo in an american prison is a completely different arguement then the original post's claim that we will be allowing hamas refugees to relocate to our country through diplomatic channels...

if you are going to argue for or against something, stay on topic. and if you are changing the subject, be clear about it. if not, try using examples that are related to the issue when attempting to make your point....

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »
Alcatraz would be an excellent choice.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
I vote to let Jasim, the Iraqi translator to not only get a visa for his family, but to become a citizen.  WTF? Are they (administration) afraid that some values would equate less votes for the Libs?

Sorry, had to make a jab. :-)
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »
I think the email is incorrect since the link on it goes to this article:

[[Page 6115]]
Presidential Determination No. 2009-15 of January 27, 2009

Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs Related To Gaza
Memorandum for the Secretary of State
By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the ``Act''), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the Act, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international, governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.
You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

(Presidential Sig.)
THE WHITE HOUSE,
Washington, January 27, 2009
[FR Doc. E9-2488
Filed 2-3-09; 8:45 am]
Billing code 4710-10-P

But HR 1388 is the "Give" Bill.

Thanks for the input and links regarding this issue.