Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Poll

Which forum do Mark's copy and pastes from Answers in Genesis belong?

Religion Opinion
Following Faith
it's spam, please make it stop

Author Topic: Read the thread before you vote please.  (Read 21755 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Read the thread before you vote please.
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

go read the evolution threads. i have offered them numerous accounts of factual evidence that debunks the creationist claims they spread without attacking them personally in any way, and see how they responded in kind...  By Freethinker

I completely missed this, could you show me where this took place? 

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »
Mark, you have given us "copy and paste". If you are smart enough to make us want to follow you then prove it with intelligent words of your own.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:04 PM »
 I think "Everyone is ignorant only on different subjects" I don't think I'm smarter than you guys about everything. I know nothing of homosexuality, and cross dressing. I wouldn't know what to wear to a satanic bonfire/sacrifice if if it fell out of closet? I can barely operate this computer?
 Creation science is kind of my forte, it is something I have studied and will continue to study.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
Try learning about more than "Creation science" it will make you a more intersesting person.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2009, 09:14:22 PM »
I think "Everyone is ignorant only on different subjects" I don't think I'm smarter than you guys about everything. I know nothing of homosexuality, and cross dressing. I wouldn't know what to wear to a satanic bonfire/sacrifice if if it fell out of closet? I can barely operate this computer?
 Creation science is kind of my forte, it is something I have studied and will continue to study.
When one only "studies" a subject that is biased, one becomes not only biased themselves, they end up lacking in knowledge altogether.  They lose the ability to think for themselves, to question, and no longer retain their individuality.  They become a parrot, only able to repeat that which was told to them.  Having blinders on only allows you to see in one direction, and that may well lead to a cliff!
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
What has happened to this poll?  Shall it be on going, or will there be an ending result?

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »
When one only "studies" a subject that is biased, one becomes not only biased themselves, they end up lacking in knowledge altogether.  They lose the ability to think for themselves, to question, and no longer retain their individuality.  They become a parrot, only able to repeat that which was told to them.  Having blinders on only allows you to see in one direction, and that may well lead to a cliff!
Kari i find this post a lil hard to take coming from a inteligent women like yourself.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »
What has happened to this poll?  Shall it be on going, or will there be an ending result?
  looks like to me mark won

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »
  looks like to me mark won
10 says Religious Opinion
9 Following Faith
7 Spam, make it stop
looks like 16 to 10.....seems to me he shouldn't be posting his cut and pastes in the Religious Opinion section.....

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
10 says Religious Opinion
9 Following Faith
7 Spam, make it stop
looks like 16 to 10.....seems to me he shouldn't be posting his cut and pastes in the Religious Opinion section.....
  looks like you read it wrong     

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »
  looks like you read it wrong   
Looks like you are juggling the numbers. 10 want it to remain in this forum. 16 want it to leave this forum -- either to faith (9) or be deleted entirely (7).

Are you pleading that 9 and 7 do not equal 16, or are you pleading that 9 and 7 should not be combined despite meaning the same thing - remove it from this forum by some means or another?

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
Kari i find this post a lil hard to take coming from a inteligent women like yourself.

Blinders firmly affixed.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2009, 12:06:28 AM »
Looks like you are juggling the numbers. 10 want it to remain in this forum. 16 want it to leave this forum -- either to faith (9) or be deleted entirely (7).

Are you pleading that 9 and 7 do not equal 16, or are you pleading that 9 and 7 should not be combined despite meaning the same thing - remove it from this forum by some means or another?
  there are 3 picks.  not 2 picks = the same thing      7 just want it to stop...it was not asked which thread to put it in if it was to stay.   point remains the majority voted it to stay in opinion, so why dont you guys just chalk it up as a loss and move on.   your acting like fish trying to post a half azz story in the political thread.  I.E. reading what you want out of it but ignoring the facts. 

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »

Blinders firmly affixed.
   yes thats what was said.  I look at it this way.  If someone wanted to be a math a teacher or another  subject, you ...1, would learn as much as possible about that subject as to be able to teach it.   Yes the subject may be hard  to believe for some, but those who dont believe are not the ones who will be taking the class in the 1st place.  a english major is not going to try to find work as a art instructor so why would a person passionate in christianity not want to teach what he or she has studied.   
    Kari did not study the torah to learn about hitler now did she

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
Speaking of "half azz", it sure applies to a lot of your posts today.

Majority rules, and "opinion" did not get a majority of the votes. Period. End of story.

there are 3 picks.  not 2 picks = the same thing      7 just want it to stop...it was not asked which thread to put it in if it was to stay.   point remains the majority voted it to stay in opinion, so why dont you guys just chalk it up as a loss and move on.   your acting like fish trying to post a half azz story in the political thread.  I.E. reading what you want out of it but ignoring the facts.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »

Majority rules, and "opinion" did not get a majority of the votes. Period. End of story.
  and majority says keep it in opinion  because opinion got the majority of the votes....are you going senile with your "old age " 

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »
  and majority says keep it in opinion  because opinion got the majority of the votes....are you going senile with your "old age "
  if i wanted to be like you guys i could say that   20 said to keep it and only 7 said it should go  na na f*&*^&^ na   ###$%%^&

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »
Maybe you should go back and have another look at the other "subjects" mark introduced in his "everyone is ignorant" message.

Kari answered these snide remarks with civility and courtesy.

You make a pitiful argument, and your comparisons are pathetic. Mathematics is an exact science, and english is a language governed by specific grammatical rules. Christianity is not exact ANYTHING, it is FAITH in whichever tenets of whichever dogma of whichever congregation of whichever denomination you happen to choose. And creation science is -- well -- science fiction about covers it.

And by the way -- the vote is now 10/10/7
   yes thats what was said.  I look at it this way.  If someone wanted to be a math a teacher or another  subject, you ...1, would learn as much as possible about that subject as to be able to teach it.   Yes the subject may be hard  to believe for some, but those who dont believe are not the ones who will be taking the class in the 1st place.  a english major is not going to try to find work as a art instructor so why would a person passionate in christianity not want to teach what he or she has studied.   
    Kari did not study the torah to learn about hitler now did she

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2009, 12:37:02 AM »
Look at it rationally... You want to study American History.  Do you think all that you should learn is that which has transpired here in the Continental US?  No.  Only a fool would believe that American History begins, and ends here on the Continental US.  Does not Spain, England, France, Africa, etc., play a role in our history?  Since Spain plays a role, then one must learn about the dynamics of Spain at the time, to understand why Queen Isabella funded an expedition.  Leif Eiriksson (Ericson), a Norse explorer, he is part of American History, do we not learn about him and his expedition?  It would be looking at American History with blinders on to exclude such important bits of information.

WWII, Nazi Germany.... as a Jew, many may think that I would look at that with blinders on.  If I did, I would hold hate in my heart for all involved.  I do not.  The reason why?  I look at the whole picture.  I did not just learn about the atrocities, I learned more, I dug deeper.  There were many Nazis that were disgusted with the murders, but feared for the safety of their own families.  There were Jews, in the concentration camps that would inflict harm to others of their kind, for various reasons, such as "priveldges", ego, fear.  No blinders when one really wishes to study.

The Torah, the Tanakh, the Christian Bible, the Qu'ran, all have to be studied with an open mind.  Each has reasoning behind them.  Do I agree with the reasoning?  Not always, but I do understand the reasoning.  If, I simply took each one and looked at them with blinders, I would not be the person I am.  Each one gives reason for distrust, even hatred, of others, but do we follow such things, no (except radicals).  We look further, deeper into them.  To really learn about our own religions, we must also study other beliefs, to gain a better understanding of our own scriptures.  We must also look at the dynamics of the time scripture was written, the people, the politics, the customs. 

Now, if you still find what I wrote as "hard to take", than I am at a loss to be able to explain it to you any further.

Mark had a need to believe in creationism, which is fine.  To say that he studies it, is not true.  He parrots, or cuts and pastes in an attempt only to convince himself, as many of us have told him we do not hold to such belief.  I have read his posts, and have responded with well founded argument, but he does not respond with his own words, his own thoughts.... he parrots.  Until such time that he is able to give good, intelligent argument, then it is impossible to accept that he has actually studied creationism.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »
Mark had a need to believe in creationism, which is fine.  To say that he studies it, is not true.  He parrots, or cuts and pastes in an attempt only to convince himself, as many of us have told him we do not hold to such belief.  I have read his posts, and have responded with well founded argument, but he does not respond with his own words, his own thoughts.... he parrots.  Until such time that he is able to give good, intelligent argument, then it is impossible to accept that he has actually studied creationism.
:th_thgoodpost:

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2009, 12:52:55 AM »
27 votes in this poll.
In order for mark to "win" he needs 14 votes.
Nothing can change that CriTTer.

ma⋅jor⋅i⋅ty 

1.   the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority ):

2.   the majority of the population. a number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half of the total number.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2009, 12:53:12 AM »

Wrong!! Majority doesn't rule on this site Rick Rules on this site........ He said he doesn't care and  he also said watch out for the name calling. :shame:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
Wrong!! Majority doesn't rule on this site Rick Rules on this site........ He said he doesn't care and  he also said watch out for the name calling. :shame:
That "half azz" was CriTTer referring to fish on the political forums, so you may stop wagging your finger at me.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
27 votes in this poll.
In order for mark to "win" he needs 14 votes.
Nothing can change that CriTTer.

ma⋅jor⋅i⋅ty 

1.   the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority ):

2.   the majority of the population. a number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half of the total number.
   MAJORITY SAYS THE POSTS ARE STAYING 

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »
Okay DN -- time for you to weigh in.

MAJORITY SAYS THE POSTS ARE STAYING

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »
Okay DN -- time for you to weigh in.
   only 7 said  no more cut and paste,,,we dont need DN.  maybe u need a lil gingo biloba or sumtin .   your reading glasses might help        ((*(*&

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2009, 01:13:21 AM »
   only 7 said  no more cut and paste,,,we dont need DN.  maybe u need a lil gingo biloba or sumtin .   your reading glasses might help        ((*(*&

I bought ginko biloba, but I kept forgetting to take it. Now I just take chill pills. You guys should try them.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2009, 01:16:46 AM »
What I believe is Oldcowpoke needs to hook his wagon on the back of his tractor and ride up and down the fence line and get some air. ;D   ::)