Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 24060 times)

Offline Lawngnome

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Swine Flu
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline dalilama

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2009, 02:57:59 PM »
THAT WAS RUDE

Offline Lawngnome

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2009, 03:43:12 PM »
LOL, Americans want the cheap labor, thus open borders- but WILL NOT admit that's why there are open borders.  The truth is rude some times.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
NEW YORK – The world's swine flu death toll reached 100 as two more New Yorkers died while infected with a virus that has sickened more than 12,000 people.
The deaths of 83 people in Mexico, 14 in the United States, two in Canada and one in Costa Rica have now been linked to swine flu. But WHO's flu chief said the virus hadn't yet reached the level of pandemic and said a global outbreak designation would change little about how governments are already responding.
"We are comfortable that countries are doing the kinds of public health actions that they need to be taking right now," Keiji Fukuda said Tuesday during a press conference.
Governments continued to take steps to try to limit the virus' spread.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
A month ago, Britain's Health Secretary Andy Burnham issued a statement urging British citizens not to panic despite a surge in cases of H1N1 influenza virus in the country. Now it seems health officials have the opposite problem, and are urging parents not to hold "swine flu parties" which some people believe will build up children's immunity by infecting them with the virus.
 Parents in Britain have long held "chicken pox parties" at the beginning of summer so that children can catch the disease at a convenient time. But recent chatter on various internet sites has health officials worried that parents are planning similar events for swine flu in order to make their children immune to the virus should it mutate into a more lethal form. In a statement on Tuesday, Sir Liam Donaldson, Britain's Chief Medical Officer, said such parties were the result of "seriously flawed thinking".

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
 H1N1 is expected to surge this fall in the United States as the school year starts. The World Health Organization predicts that 2 billion people globally will likely become infected eventually.
 CDC director Dr. Thomas Frieden says the new H1N1 flu is the agency's No. 1 priority.
 "We have literally mobilized more than 1,000 people at CDC to work on H1N1," he said.
 The message to the public can be subtle and confusing, Frieden said.
 "If you get sick and you get a fever get help promptly. But don't overwhelm the emergency department with people who are not very sick," Frieden said.
 CDC officials have been urged to admit when they do not know something.
 "The only thing that is certain is uncertainty," Frieden added.
  The CDC is also aware that some people doubt the safety of vaccines.
 "People do have some trust issues. That's 2009. At CDC we are really committed to accurate, timely information," said the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of the respiratory disease section.
  Vaccine safety groups argue that insufficient testing of swine flu vaccine could pose a risk to the public and say individuals will have little legal recourse if problems emerge.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
SAN FRANCISCO, California (AFP) –  Some 2,000 students at Washington State University have reported symptoms of swine flu, university officials said, in one of the largest reported outbreaks of the virus on a US college campus.
 The west-coast school last week instituted a blog to help provide information to students about the sudden and dramatic spread of the A(H1N1) virus on campus just days into the new school term.
 "We estimate that we have been in contact with about 2,000 students with influenza-like illness in the first 10 days of our fall semester," the latest online posting said.
 "At this time of year, we would typically only see a handful of patients with influenza-like illness. Health care providers in the local community have also seen WSU students with influenza-like illness, but we have no way of knowing how many.
 "We also have no way of estimating how many students are self-caring at home without contacting us," school officials said.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2009, 11:02:47 PM »
heck, just check out the elementary schools here in mid mo, if you want a wake up call...like Lewis and Clark in Jeff City for one.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2009, 11:12:57 PM »
One of my older daughters got it from another girl where she works.  There were 5 cases at her work place.  One of the employees brought it from the University of KS where she attends and it spread from there.  My daughter said it is like a cold and the flu X 10.  Her entire body ached and she had such a bad headache that she didn't want to move.  She got diagnosed at the urgent care and given a regimen of Tamiflu (sp?) for 5 days.  After about 3 she was feeling much better.  She had a mandatory 7 days off work that she was told not to leave the house. 

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2009, 04:49:30 AM »
Despite having several swine flu symptoms, Las Vegan Richard McDowell was initially diagnosed with pneumonia and sent home four different times before landing in the hospital. When he was finally tested and diagnosed with H1N1, he was too sick to be saved.
Despite all the headlines, Elizabeth McDowell says it never occurred to her or her sick husband that he could have swine flu. He was 51-years-old, in generally good health, and looking forward to elective knee surgery next month.
"He had just gone through a battery of tests and had been given the all clear to be scheduled for that surgery," she said.
McDowell was a friendly, outgoing shuttle bus driver who loved his job ferrying tourists back and fourth from McCarran airport to the hotels. "He worked in the tourist industry and dealt with people from all over the world," she said.
Elizabeth says one day after work last month, Richard went to a doctor to check out a bad cough he'd just come down with. The doctor took an x-ray and diagnosed Richard with pneumonia. Despite rest, antibiotics, and more follow-up visits to Urgent Care, Richard's symptoms only got worse over the next few days.
He was running a high fever and had a chronic cough that became very severe one night in bed.
Elizabeth rushed her husband to the hospital that night. "That was the last time I spoke with him," she said.
Richard McDowell had already lapsed into unconsciousness by the time his first test confirmed he was infected with the H1N1 virus. By then it was too late to save him.
The official cause of his death was cited as swine flu, a virus Elizabeth is convinced he contracted on the job. "I don't want to see anybody else bury a loved one unnecessarily and prematurely. For God's sake, take this seriously because this flu has no mercy," she said.
McDowell died 17 days after his first symptoms surfaced. His wife thought swine flu only struck school kids, the chronically ill and the elderly. She wants everyone to be vigilant this flu season, especially if you're exposed to visitors from other countries. And she says don't wait for your doctor to suggest a swine flu test -- insist on it.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2009, 03:37:59 PM »
there have been 5 deaths in Arkansas from swine flu
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 06:07:00 AM »
My kids brought home a paper from the school tonight saying they are expecting a Pandemic and that we should stock up on canned food and water and medicens we may need in case of a wide spread pandemic. Ive been sick as well as my wife all week , with the head and chest thing thats going around . Im about over it other than my ribs feel like theve been beat with a pipe from all the coughing. I cant imagine getting a flu after this. It would floor me financially as well as physically.
Biscuit

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
Sounds like me-- came on in matter of a few hours last Fri/Sat
My kids brought home a paper from the school tonight saying they are expecting a Pandemic and that we should stock up on canned food and water and medicens we may need in case of a wide spread pandemic. Ive been sick as well as my wife all week , with the head and chest thing thats going around . Im about over it other than my ribs feel like theve been beat with a pipe from all the coughing. I cant imagine getting a flu after this. It would floor me financially as well as physically.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »
Also- didn't you know the first rule of marriage is to not get sick together ;)  Are you grumpy with this one?  (bug, not wife)
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:55 PM »
Despite having several swine flu symptoms, Las Vegan Richard McDowell was initially diagnosed with pneumonia and sent home four different times before landing in the hospital. When he was finally tested and diagnosed with H1N1, he was too sick to be saved.
Despite all the headlines, Elizabeth McDowell says it never occurred to her or her sick husband that he could have swine flu. He was 51-years-old, in generally good health, and looking forward to elective knee surgery next month.
"He had just gone through a battery of tests and had been given the all clear to be scheduled for that surgery," she said.
McDowell was a friendly, outgoing shuttle bus driver who loved his job ferrying tourists back and fourth from McCarran airport to the hotels. "He worked in the tourist industry and dealt with people from all over the world," she said.
Elizabeth says one day after work last month, Richard went to a doctor to check out a bad cough he'd just come down with. The doctor took an x-ray and diagnosed Richard with pneumonia. Despite rest, antibiotics, and more follow-up visits to Urgent Care, Richard's symptoms only got worse over the next few days.
He was running a high fever and had a chronic cough that became very severe one night in bed.
Elizabeth rushed her husband to the hospital that night. "That was the last time I spoke with him," she said.
Richard McDowell had already lapsed into unconsciousness by the time his first test confirmed he was infected with the H1N1 virus. By then it was too late to save him.
The official cause of his death was cited as swine flu, a virus Elizabeth is convinced he contracted on the job. "I don't want to see anybody else bury a loved one unnecessarily and prematurely. For God's sake, take this seriously because this flu has no mercy," she said.
McDowell died 17 days after his first symptoms surfaced. His wife thought swine flu only struck school kids, the chronically ill and the elderly. She wants everyone to be vigilant this flu season, especially if you're exposed to visitors from other countries. And she says don't wait for your doctor to suggest a swine flu test -- insist on it.
I have been sick for almost a week now, started to get better over the weekend, and then it me hard today. 103 fever, chills, sweats, body aches, bad cough. Just got back from the doctor. Diagnosed with pneumonia.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 12:45:45 AM »
Sorry to hear you have pneumonia again Trena! 
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2009, 01:15:45 AM »
Sorry to hear you have pneumonia again Trena! 
Thanks, I'm going to bed and plan on staying there for a couple days.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 03:04:33 AM »
Yeah Ginny told me erlier today shell be glad when i feel better. Shes tire of me bieng cranky. LOL. I dont mean to be.I feel somewhat better today . my rib still hurts like hell though. Day 8 or 9 for me. Ive had enough.
Biscuit

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2009, 04:07:16 AM »
Me to Trena!  (well I just started over the weekend.... I've had pneumonia before- so I went AS SOON as the discharge turned color - call me a wimp-- but 2 years ago the whole family went to Dr--Big ones both had Pneumonia and little ones ALL had strep.  Only reason I am up now is I had 12 hour nap earlier

I have been sick for almost a week now, started to get better over the weekend, and then it me hard today. 103 fever, chills, sweats, body aches, bad cough. Just got back from the doctor. Diagnosed with pneumonia.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2009, 03:58:52 PM »
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency.
The White House on Saturday said Obama signed a proclamation that would allow medical officials to bypass certain federal requirements. Officials described the move as similar to a declaration ahead of a hurricane making landfall.
Swine flu is more widespread now than it's ever been and has resulted in more than 1,000 U.S. deaths so far.
Health authorities say almost 100 children have died from the flu, known as H1N1, and 46 states now have widespread flu activity.
The White House said Obama signed the declaration on Friday evening.

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

Thats what we have had.. The coughing until your ribs feel broke.. 2 weeks.. hoping the end is near.. Less coughing last couple days. :th_egypt: :karma:
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »
I have read some of the most ridiculous posts being made on other forums about the swine flu vaccine.  I'm assuming these are rumors being spread through email, tho I've never gotten any.

Crazy crap like Pres. Obama is making this vaccination mandatory for everyone in the country and that road blocks are going to be set up to check everyone for documentational proof of having had it, and those that don't comply are going to be arrested, and/or shot and killed on the spot.
Oh, and supposedly the reason for all this is because there is a Gov't conspiracy to implant everyone (on the sly of course) with a microchip ID when the vaccination is being given.

Some people will believe anything.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) –  Swine flu is causing the worst flu season in the United States since 1997, when current measurements started, and has killed at least 1,200 people, U.S. health officials reported Thursday.
 Monitoring from 29 of 50 states shows 1,265 deaths since the pandemic of H1N1 influenza started in April, with 145 flu deaths among children, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
 In the three months from August through October, 17,838 people have been hospitalized for and 672 people died from confirmed H1N1 in the states reporting to CDC, the agency said in its weekly report on death and disease.
 The CDC was expected to give more details in a briefing later Thursday, with possible new estimates of deaths from the virus.
 "Nationwide, the percentage of visits to health-care providers for influenza-like illness was higher than that observed at the peak of any seasonal influenza season since ILINet (the CDC's reporting system) was implemented in its current form in 1997," the report reads.
 In September and October the number of people hospitalized for flu was as high as usually seen by the end of an entire average flu season -- which runs from October through April in the United States.
 The CDC said doctors need to treat cases of severe flu quickly with antiviral drugs such as Tamiflu, made by Roche AG, Relenza, made by GlaxoSmithKline or for severe hospitalized cases, peramivir, made by BioCryst.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2009, 07:28:11 PM »
H1N1 is being combined with Virus Type A and will increase the number of "Swine Flu" cases shown by the government so we can clearly be shown ot have a "pandemic."  Even the state of Missouri has stopped testing as the symptoms are very close to the same and the treatment too.  If they do a nasal check and find a person for Type A as positive, they are ASSUMED th have the H1N1 virus.   No, I don't have a link this.  I have witnessed it for myself.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52:16 PM »
CNN is reporting today the Number put out by the CDC is now 4000 deaths.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
This is a very serious epidemic. Many, many sick people.

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2009, 08:07:41 AM »
CDC: Swine flu has sickened 22 million in 6 months

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2009, 03:32:42 AM »
WASHINGTON – Estimates of deaths caused by the swine flu have grown to nearly 4,000 since April, roughly quadrupling previous estimates. But that doesn't mean swine flu suddenly has worsened.
Instead, the federal numbers made public Thursday reflect a long-awaited better attempt to quantify the new flu's true toll. Most cases still don't require a doctor's care.
Swine flu has sickened about 22 million Americans since April and killed about 540 children.
And it's still early in the season.
"I am expecting all of these numbers, unfortunately, to continue to rise," said Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "We have a long flu season ahead of us."