Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE!  (Read 7265 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE!
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The Origin-of-Life Prize  ® lifeorigin.info Last updated April, 2009         

Description and Purpose of the Prize[/]
    "The Origin-of-Life Prize" ® (hereafter called "the Prize") will be awarded for proposing a highly plausible natural-process mechanism for the spontaneous rise of genetic instructions in nature sufficient to give rise to life. The explanation must be consistent with empirical biochemical, kinetic, and thermodynamic concepts as further delineated herein, and be published in a well-respected, peer-reviewed science journal(s).  [/]
    Progress in life-origin research has been greatly impeded by a few key nagging problems. Biochemical constraints render many appealing models non productive. These biochemical constraints have received the most attention in scientific literature. Self-replication has been another subject of considerable research, although successes in this area have usually come from very artificial rather than natural-selection models. But perhaps the most daunting of all life-origin problems is elucidating a natural mechanism for "self-organization." Self-ordering is often confused with bona fide organization. A crucial paper providing valuable background information in this area is:    [/]
    Self-organization vs.Self-ordering in life-origin models  [/]
    Abel, D.L. and Trevors, J.T., 2006, Self-organization vs. Self-ordering events in life-origin models.  Physics of Life Reviews 3: 211-228  [/]
    .[/]
    Complexity, "the edge of chaos," hypercycles, Markov processes, fractals, complex adaptive systems, genetic algorithms, and directed evolution have all attracted great interest.  A valuable summary of progress in these areas is summarized in another key review paper:  [/]
    The capabilities of chaos and complexity  [/]
    Abel, D.L., 2009, The capabilities of chaos and complexity. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 10: 247-291  [/]
    .[/]
    Gene emergence relates specifically to sequence complexity, material symbol systems, decision nodes, logic gates and configurable switch-settings.  The following papers provide crucial background information for all of these issues:  [/]
    Three subsets of sequence complexity and their relevance to biopolymeric information  [/]
    Abel, D.L. and Trevors, J.T., 2005, Three subsets of sequence complexity and their relevance to biopolymeric information. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modeling 2: Open access at above link.   [/]
    Abel, D.L., 2002, Is life reducible to complexity? In Palyi, G., Zucchi, C. and Caglioti, L., Fundamentals of life. Elsevier, Paris.   [/]
    Abel, D.L. and Trevors, J.T., 2006, More than metaphor: Genomes are objective sign systems. Journal of BioSemiotics 1: 253-267   [/]
    Abel, D.L., 2007, Complexity, self-organization, and emergence at the edge of chaos in life-origin models. Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences 93: 1-20   [/]
    More than metaphor: Genomes are objective sign systems  [/]
    Abel, D.L. and Trevors, J.T., 2007, More than metaphor: Genomes are objective sign systems. In Barbieri, M., Biosemiotic research trends. Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York.    [/]
    The biosemiosis of prescriptive information  [/]
    Abel, D.L., 2009, The biosemiosis of prescriptive information. Semiotica 2009: 1-19   [/]
    Measuring the functional sequence complexity of proteins  [/]
    Durston, K.K., Chiu, D.K., Abel, D.L. and Trevors, J.T., 2007, Measuring the functional sequence complexity of proteins. Theor Biol Med Model 4: Free on-line access at   [/]
    Chance and Necessity do not explain the origin of life  [/]
    Trevors, J.T. and Abel, D.L., 2004, Chance and necessity do not explain the origin of life. Cell Biology International 28: 729-739 Free access at   [/]
    .[/]
    The Origin of Life Prize is being offered specifically for falsification of two null hypotheses:  [/]
    The Cybernetic Cut - Progressing from description to prescription in systems theory   [/]
    1.  Abel, D.L., 2008, "The Cybernetic Cut":  Progressing from description to prescription in systems theory. The Open Cybernetics and Systemics Journal 2: 234-244   [/]
    The GS  Principle or The Genetic Selection Principle   [/]
    2.  Abel, D.L., 2009, The GS (Genetic Selection) Principle. Frontiers in Bioscience 14: 2959-2969  [/]
    .[/]Brief summaries of these two null hypotheses can be found as Scirus     SciTopic Pages:   [/]
    The_Cybernetic_ Cut   [/]
    The_GS_Principle_The_Genetic_Selection_Principle   [/]
    .[/]
    The one-time Prize will be paid to the winner(s) as a twenty-year annuity in hopes of discouraging theorists' immediate retirement from productive careers.  The annuity consists of $50,000.00 (U.S.) per year for twenty consecutive years, totalling one million dollars in payments.  [/]
    Formal application by submitters is required to win. Submitters must expressly consent to abide by all terms and conditions of the Prize before judging of their paper(s) can begin.  [/]
    The ability of the Foundation to underwrite these payments and to administer the Project is monitored by the well-known accounting firm of Young, Brophy & Duncan, PC, Certified Public Accountants.     [/] Topic relates to:  Rules for The Origin of Life Prize; The Gene Emergence Project; The Origin of Genetic Instructions Prize; Chemical Evolution; Prebiotic Evolution; Abiogenesis; Self-replication; Self-organization; Auto-catalysis; Mutual Catalysis; Abiotic Synthesis; Protobiont; Protocell; Protometabolism; Primordial Milieu; Astrobiology; Exobiology; RNA World; Protein World; Coevolution; Biopoesis; Biogenesis; Lipid world; Homochirality; Bilipid; Self-ordering; Complexity Theory; Artificial Life; Alife; Minimalist Genomes; Minimal Genomes; Code Origin; Genetic Code Theory; Protogene Theory; Minigene;     Mini Gene; Clay Matrix; Mineral Adsorption; Bioinformation Theory; Semiotics; Biomessage Theory; Message Theory; SETI; Emergent Properties; Initial Gene Emergence; Biological Information Theory; Aperiodic Specified Complexity; Specified Aperiodicity; Molecular evolution; Messenger Molecules; Information Theory; Chaos Theory; Function Theory; Biofunction Theory; Instruction Theory; Linguistic Theory; Irreducible Complexity; Biopolymers; Thermophiles; GARD; Extremophiles; Hyperthermophiles; Archaea; Prokaryotes; Neural Nets; Decision Theory; Artificial Intelligence; AI; Polarized light from neutron stars. [/][/list]

| next |[/] Copyright © 1997-2009 THE GENE EMERGENCE PROJECT®[/] The Origin-of-Life Prize ®[/] is offered through[/] The Gene Emergence Project ®[/] of The Origin-of-Life Science Foundation, Inc. ®[/] life@us.net[/] Watch for updates here on the www at...[/] lifeorigin.org[/]
    We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    Re: MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE!
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

Origins of Life: A Simple Approach?
    by Dr. Georgia Purdom
    Semi-technical
    Keywords

* author-georgia-purdom
        * genetics
        * origin-of-life

Keywords: life, origin, molecule, reactions, naturalistic, biology, RNA, Clay, Complexity, Bactieria, Directed Panspermia, Theory, amino acids, proteins

“Somewhere on Earth, close to 4 billion years ago, a set of molecular reactions flipped a switch and became life,” states Michael Schirber in a FOX News article this month.1 His comment was made in response to an article in the The Quarterly Review of Biology (June issue) entitled “Small molecule interactions were central to the origin of life” by Robert Shapiro.2

Schirber summarizes Shapiro’s ideas further: “The first life forms were self-contained chemistry experiments that grew, reproduced and even evolved without needing the complicated molecules that define biology as we know it.” Sounds simple doesn’t it? But is the origin of life really that simple?
    Ideas and Problems

The origin of life is very problematic to explain using naturalistic mechanisms. A textbook I have used to teach a college-level biology class devotes three full pages to the issue.3 After proposing several theories, all of which are explained using much conditional language such as “perhaps,” “may have,” and “could have,” the authors end the section with this statement: “Once the protocells [primitive cells] acquired genes that could replicate they became cells capable of reproducing, and evolution begins” (brackets added).3 The authors are basically saying that the origin of life is so extremely difficult to explain using naturalistic theories that we are going to gloss over it and get to the part we think we know something about.

There are many origin-of-life theories. Below are descriptions of some of the major ones.

* “RNA world”—RNA was the first molecule (even Shapiro has problems with this theory: “In the very beginning, you couldn’t have genetic material that could copy itself unless you had chemists back then doing it for you”)
        * Clay theory—complex organic molecules (DNA, etc.) were formed on clay crystals
        * Complexity theory—a computer model for self-organization of organic molecules
        * Bacteria first theory—bacteria (such as in the Archaea domain) can live in extreme environments like that found on the proposed early earth, and are relatively “simple” organisms
        * Directed panspermia—first organic molecules or living organisms were brought to earth by aliens from outer space

All of these theories have their own set of problems (see Loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origin of life: Summary). What becomes obvious is that evolutionists are really exercising their imaginations rather than engaging in real research as they come up with their origin-of-life theories. In fact, a million-dollar prize (see The Origin of Life Prize) is being offered “for proposing a highly plausible mechanism for the spontaneous rise of genetic instructions in nature sufficient to give rise to life.”
    “Garbage Bags” of Chemistry?

What mechanism does Shapiro propose for how life originated? Here’s how his story goes. Small molecules interact with each other in a cycle. This creates new products that incorporate themselves into the cycle. All of these molecules and products become enclosed in a membrane producing a primitive cell (something Freeman Dyson calls “garbage bags”4). The primitive cell divides. The system continues to evolve to produce products that are larger and perform functions better than the original molecules. Thus, eventually we go from “molecules to man.” Really?

This is just another theory in a long line of failed ones attempting to explain the origin of life through purely naturalistic mechanisms.

If this is so simple, then it seems there should be experimental evidence to support it. Life has never been created in the lab.5 In order for evolution to have something to tinker with, the first life-form would have had to have been astoundingly complex, not super simple (see How low can you go?). This is just another theory in a long line of failed ones attempting to explain the origin of life through purely naturalistic mechanisms. Not to be too harsh about it, but it is akin to some of the fairy tales I read to my daughter before she goes to bed at night—fanciful and entertaining, but long on imagination and short on substance.

An additional problem that Shapiro faces is the need for energy for the interactions to take place, a so-called “driver reaction.” The formation of energy (in the form of ATP) in the cell is no simple process. It requires many complex molecules all interacting with one another in a stepwise fashion to produce the energy needed for life.

A possible driver reaction was suggested in the article. This reaction has been discovered in a type of bacteria, a member of the Archaea domain (bacteria usually found in extreme environments and believed to be ancient) called Methanosarcina acetivorans. This bacterium metabolizes carbon monoxide and produces methane and acetate. The acetate is then utilized in a reaction with mineral iron sulfide to produce ATP. This energy-producing reaction requires only “two very simple proteins.” James Ferry, the discoverer of this pathway, states (in the FOX News piece): “This cycle is where all evolution emanated from. It is the father of all life.” This is an extremely bold statement, and even Shapiro comments that something had to form the two proteins used in the reaction. And what of these “two very simple proteins”? They are proteins of approximately 300–400 amino acids with a very complex structure that is necessary for their proper function.6 Simple they are not! Without a way to produce and harness energy, the interactions proposed by Shapiro will not occur, and thus the origin of life from these small molecules could not happen.
    The Creator and His Creation Are Linked

Schirber ends the article with a quote by Shapiro: “We have to let nature instruct us.” I largely agree with that statement, but it’s only half of the story. Romans 1:20 states that God can be known through His creation (general revelation). The Creator and His creation are inexorably linked and reflect on each other. Realizing the amazing complexity of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells helps us better understand the awesome intelligence and complexity of the Creator and the inadequacy of other origin-of-life explanations. However, it will not lead us to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Only special revelation (Scripture) can help us understand our sin and the need to be saved. Both general and special revelation are important parts of our relationship to the Creator.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
    What if life arrived on earth from space. I've made a lot of wine and home brew. Its almost impossible to keep fungus or bacteria from growing if there is a livable environment. Its possible that life is older than earth. Space debris from asteroids, comets... ect are constantly hitting earth.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
    Life is most likely older than earth.
    ....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
    Like I always say, if you want to know what aliens look like, just look around you.

What if life arrived on earth from space. I've made a lot of wine and home brew. Its almost impossible to keep fungus or bacteria from growing if there is a livable environment. Its possible that life is older than earth. Space debris from asteroids, comets... ect are constantly hitting earth.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
     Sometimes I do think some of you came from Mars.  LOL
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
    Another "contest" from Creationists that can never be claimed, because no matter how plausible the theory would be, EVEN if it was proven, as evolution is, Creationists would not accept it, hence not pay out. 

Creationists insist everyone who believes in anything other than what is written in the Bible, is against G_D.  It is a never ending debate that can not be resolved, since one party can not, will not, accept anything except what scripture says.
    Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
    Na-nu Na-nu...shazbot.

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »
    Na-nu Na-nu...shazbot.

Shhhhhhhhhh.... we're from Venus, not Mars :wink1a:

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
    Another "contest" from Creationists that can never be claimed, because no matter how plausible the theory would be, EVEN if it was proven, as evolution is, Creationists would not accept it, hence not pay out. 

Creationists insist everyone who believes in anything other than what is written in the Bible, is against G_D.  It is a never ending debate that can not be resolved, since one party can not, will not, accept anything except what scripture says.
    What THEIR scripture says. Their interpretation, their translation, et al ad nauseum. They repudiate any and all other sacred text in the world.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »
    EVEN if it was proven, as evolution is, Creationists would not accept it, hence not pay out.

Evolution has NOT been proven - it is a theory at best regardless of your religious views.  Look around..... things are degenerating not evolving. I'm getting older and will soon be dust.  Dust doesn't become life.  And though some may like to claim monkeys as their ancestors I think I'll not be one of that crowd!
    "I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 10:46:10 PM »
    Evolution has NOT been proven - it is a theory at best regardless of your religious views.  Look around..... things are degenerating not evolving. I'm getting older and will soon be dust.  Dust doesn't become life.  And though some may like to claim monkeys as their ancestors I think I'll not be one of that crowd!
    Evolution HAS been proven... you are mistaking the word theory used in science, with the word used in other areas.  In science, "theory provides a coherent explanation that holds true for a large number of facts and observations".  It is not a belief as religion is a belief, not based on fact.

"Dust doesn't become life"...so apparently you do not believe that G_D created man out of the dust of the earth?

Now, as I had questioned before.... which one of these, if any, is a human fetus?

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »
    Shouldn't that prize be easily claimed by creationists?

It's in the Bible.

Okay, where's my million?
    "There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 12:42:59 AM »

It's in the Bible.

Ah, yea, what What_The said..... do I get a share of the million???

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 01:27:06 AM »

It's in the Bible.

I'll bet a million dollars is heavy, let me carry it for you. Don't worry I'm honest, I was just born again
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »

"Dust doesn't become life"...so apparently you do not believe that G_D created man out of the dust of the earth?

Actually I do as that was obviously a one time occurrence.  The procreation of our species was then left up to us ("go forth and multiply"). 

As for the previous part of your post, I think I understand what you're saying.  Do creatures evolve and mutate to fit their circumstances? Absolutely!  But to suggest that form of "evolution" is scientific proof of the evolution most evolutionists want to suggest (single cell to homo sapien) takes more faith than believing in the Biblical view of creation.

As for the fetuses, the one that looks like ET!  LOL!
    "I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »
    Actually I do as that was obviously a one time occurrence.  The procreation of our species was then left up to us ("go forth and multiply"). 

As for the previous part of your post, I think I understand what you're saying.  Do creatures evolve and mutate to fit their circumstances? Absolutely!  But to suggest that form of "evolution" is scientific proof of the evolution most evolutionists want to suggest (single cell to homo sapien) takes more faith than believing in the Biblical view of creation.

As for the fetuses, the one that looks like ET!  LOL!
    Actually, when you think about how a single cell can evolve into a more complex cell, evolution makes sense.  Each "mutation" brings it closer to another form.  This is no different than what we are presently experiencing with many virus forms today.  You must consider that evolution involves time, a great amount of time.  When a single cell mutates, and becomes more complex, it is no longer the same "species" so to say, but the original DNA of the single cell remains.  Now, the more complex cell, mutates, and a new "species" evolves, with the original "Mother's" DNA.  No one is saying that apes are the "Mother" of man, but all life does come from the original single cell life form.  Our closest "relative" descendant from that single cell, may well be the chimp, as we match closest in DNA.  Evolution is a long, slow process for the most part, and man is still in his infancy in respect to life on earth!

I don't think any are as cute as ET, so exactly which one do you mean?  Isn't it amazing how they all have "tails", all look very similar?  Almost like looking at a few people and seeing the family resemblance!

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
    Maybe I'm just stupid but I believe each and every one of us start as a single cell.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
    Maybe I'm just stupid but I believe each and every one of us start as a single cell.
    :wink1a: you got it......

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »

Contrasting Views of Reality
    Written by: Bruce Malone
    The Macro-Evolution Framework of History:

In the beginning, something exploded (we really don't know what, how, or when it came from) and our current universe slowly formed and cooled. The rock surface of earth dissolved to form a chemical soup which somehow formed the first self-replicating cell. This cell somehow adapted itself to its environment, becoming more and more complex with time. Billions of years passed as useful information was added to the chemical blueprint of simple organisms causing the variety of life forms to increase. The end result is the current diversity of life we see all around us. Thus, what we are really being taught is that rocks (or basic elements) somehow turned into people.

As shown in previous articles, the commonly proposed evolution mechanisms simply do not explain how life could develop. Mutations are random mistakes which demonstrably do not add useful information to the DNA molecule. Natural selection can only select that which is already present in an animal's genetic code. And despite enormous efforts in laboratories all over the world, it has never been shown how chemicals could be mixed together and "come alive". Thus, evolution is firmly based on faith in future discoveries...not current observations.
    The Biblical Framework of History:

This framework acknowledges four major interventions by God into history. The first is the instantaneous creation of the universe and diverse forms of life. The second is the curse of this creation in response to the disobedience of the only organisms created with free will (mankind). The third is a worldwide flood as judgment for the almost total rebellion of humanity. The last was God's appearance on earth as Jesus Christ in order to deal with the human sin problem. This framework is also based on faith. The evidence supporting the first three interventions of God is either ignored or underminded by our public education system. Is it any surprise that the reality of the fourth major intervention by God often seems to have little relevance in our children's lives?
    True Science Points to the Correct View

The rocks don't talk. No fossil has ever been uncovered with a label attached. All must be interpreted within a framework. An evolution geologist and a creation geologist shown the same rock or fossil will arrive at a different conclusion concerning its origin and age. They will interpret the data based on the framework which they believe to be true. Yet they cannot both be right. The best way to determine who is correct is to see how many contradictions arise from interpreting data within each framework. An example of this is the black shales of the Hartford rock formation in Connecticut. Evolution geologists commonly interpret these rocks as forming from plant and animal sediments slowly collecting at the bottom of a deep lake. Creation geologists interpret this deposit as the result of a rapid deposit of sediment during the worldwide flood which has subsequently turned to stone. Interestingly, portions of this formation contain hundreds of well preserved and tightly packed fish fossils per cubic meter of shale.

This is what would be expected from a catastrophic burial but does not match the observations of slow setting at the bottom of a deep lake or shallow sea. Dead fish can occasionally settle and be well preserved but not in the tightly packed manner observed in this formation. To re-interpret this entire uniformitarian foundation of geology. Therefore, the sediments continue to be interpreted in a way which does not match observations. John Whitmore lists many other examples of evidence for the catastrophic nature of the Hartford formation.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:52 AM »
    What do you think about your paste? Any thoughts of your own.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
     I think you should read it and learn something!
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 01:18:01 AM »
    I think you should read it and learn something!

OK I read each and every word so tell me something what makes Mr. Malones interpretation of the events correct? 

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »

Careful, the last time I accused a girl of being manly was in the 6th grade. Her name was Cuba Horsley. I guess she was tired of hearing smart alic comments. But she did prove my point by beating the snot out of me.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
    As shown in previous articles, the commonly proposed evolution mechanisms simply do not explain how life could develop. Mutations are random mistakes which demonstrably do not add useful information to the DNA molecule. Natural selection can only select that which is already present in an animal's genetic code. And despite enormous efforts in laboratories all over the world, it has never been shown how chemicals could be mixed together and "come alive". Thus, evolution is firmly based on faith in future discoveries...not current observations.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »
    Those aren't YOUR thoughts... its just the second paragraph of the article...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »
    Mark, as I've stated before, and maybe I wasn't clear on when I wrote it.... EVOLUTION DOES NOT PROVE OR DISPROVE G_D.  Actually, I know of no scientific study presently going on, or one that has been conducted in the past, nor any that are scheduled in the future, TO PROVE OR DISPROVE G_D!  Whomever is preaching such BS to you that evolution is science's way of disproving G_D is flat out lying to you, for that is just not true.  It MAY be their belief, but that belief is NOT in any way backed by any fact what-so-ever.  It is not the position of scientists to prove or disprove G_D's existence, it is their job/goal/desire to give us a better understanding of ourselves, our earth, our universe.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
     Evolution is nothing more than a bad RELIGION being taught to our children and adults alike. Many of which actually believe it.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
        In case you missed the other thread!

Concepts Have Consequences
    Written by: Bruce Malone

Concepts have consequences. People act on what they believe to be true. If children are indoctrinated through a public education system which only allows evidences which neatly fit into a naturalistic explanation of life, we will increasingly become a society which looks only to itself for answers to life's questions.

If we have evolved from apes, if we are just another animal...then who sets the rules? Whose standards should define right from wrong, good from bad, helpful from harmful, lawful from unlawful? Without an absolute basis for morals, the distinction between these antithetical concepts becomes blurred. The ultimate result is a spiraling descent toward meaningless and a degradation of the value of human life. Acknowledgement of creation provides answers to these foundational questions of life which are based on factual scientific and historical evidence. If evolution is true, then only a leap of faith provides answers. On what FACTUAL BASIS can anyone say his/her "leap of faith" (even a Christian "leap of faith") is right, While someone else's "leap of faith" is wrong?

An all too common example of the consequences of the blind belief in evolution can be found in most high school biology books containing a section on comparative embryology. This is the concept that humans and animals have a common ancestor because their embryos have a similar physical appearance. This concept was popularized in 1866 by Ernst Haeckel as he traveled throughout Europe lecturing on the subject and showing drawings of how different animal embryos had similar appearances. However, it was shown that he had used fraudulent drawings as early as 1874. Amazingly, although the specific drawings used by Haekel have long since been discarded, his teachings remain in textbooks to this day. The concept does not even acknowledge the vastly different developing functions of the completely different animals. Furthermore, in the 1950's it was proven that a woman's fertilized egg is a complete human being. Only time and nutrition are required for it to grow larger. From the moment of conception, a pregnant woman 's body is two bodies, not one. That second body was never anything but a human being!

Examples of embryonic parts which have been said to be ancestral features are the "gill slits" and the "yolk sac" of the developing baby. The "gill slits" and "yolk sac" serve completely different functions in the human embryo to which they are supposedly related. Gill slits from gills in fish. In humans, they are merely folds forming various glands and facial features. The yolk sac contains food for a reptile, while for a human it has a radically different function. In a human embryo the heart and circulatory system develop before the bones (which will ultimately be the baby's blood source). Yet, the developing baby often has a different blood type that its mother, resulting in the baby being unable to utilize that blood supply. With no bone marrow to make its own blood, how can the baby continue to develop? The simplest engineering answer would be to provide a temporary alternative supply. The yolk sac serves exactly that purpose, then disappears! As King David said 3000 years ago, "I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

I suspect the primary reason comparative embryology is still used (in a futile attempt to support evolution) is that it can be used to justify abortion. A woman does not have an abortion because she believes in evolution...but how much easier to justify killing a baby if you believe it is just a blob going through some stage of comparative embryology. How easy to justify moral disobedience if we are just animals accountable to no one but ourselves. Fortunately, the Maker of this universe has provided a bridge to span the abyss between sinful mankind and Himself. And this bridge is open to everyone willing to repent and acknowledge the truth.
    ~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 05:37:55 AM »
    Evolution is nothing more than a bad RELIGION being taught to our children and adults alike. Many of which actually believe it.

Actually most intelligent people believe is science. The theory of evolution is part of that science. Religion is different from evolution. But some people feel threatened because they feel it proves their religious beliefs to be false.

People such as Bruce Malone have made a living off exploiting those fears. He comes up with pseudoscientific claims and evangelicals pay money to hear them.