Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: CHROMOSOMES ?  (Read 3391 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
CHROMOSOMES ?
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Opossums, Redwood Trees, and Kidney Beans          Written by: Kent Hovind                    
The Evolution of Species by Means of Increasing Number of Chromosomes -or- The Preservation of Complex Life Forms in the Struggle for Life

Fern
White Ash
Carp
Goldfish
Sweet Potato
Turkey
The Ultimate Goal(s).       
Chicken
Dog
Duck
  Identical Triplets!       
Horse
Cow
Silkworm
Cotton
Amoeba

Chimp
Tobacco
  Identical Twins!       
Human
Bat
Wheat
Soybean
Cat
Starfish
Apple

Alligator
Onion
  Identical Twins!       
Frog

Opossum
Redwood
Kidney Bean
  Identical Triplets!    The theory of evolution teaches that living things are becoming more complex as time progresses. Because the chromosomes in living matter are one of the most complex bits of matter in the known universe, it would seem logical to assume that organisms with the least number of chromosomes were the first ones to evolve and those with the most chromosomes are the end result of millions of years of evolution experimenting to increase complexity in living organisms. From the chart, it is "obvious" that we all started off as penicillium with only 2 chromosomes, and that we slowly evolved into fruit flies. After many "millions of years" we turned into tomatoes (or house flies) and so on, until we reached the human stage with 46 chromosomes. One of our ancestors must have been one of the identical triplets—opossums, redwood trees, and kidney beans—with 22 chromosomes each.
If we are allowed to "continue evolving" we may someday be tobacco plants and maybe we may even become carp with 100, or maybe even the ultimate life form, a fern with 480 chromosomes! Don’t you believe it! God made this world and all life forms, as recorded in the Bible.           
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CHROMOSOMES ?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
Glad you are feeling better Mark.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
 I look like the elephant man!  LOL
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
I bet! Think positive...it could have been much worse!
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
 I may have actually lost a couple chromosomes. (so now I'm a Bat)
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
lol

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »
 So why do Chimps "who many of you believe to be your Grandparents" have two more chromosomes than humans?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
So why do Chimps "who many of you believe to be your Grandparents" have two more chromosomes than humans?
First off, chimps are the closest relative to man, not a recent relative.  Just as one branch of a tree would develop more or less shoots than another branch of the same tree, this is true with evolution.  Though every branch comes from the same trunk, each branch, each twig is different! 
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »
First off, chimps are the closest relative to man, not a recent relative.  Just as one branch of a tree would develop more or less shoots than another branch of the same tree, this is true with evolution.  Though every branch comes from the same trunk, each branch, each twig is different! 
Which "twig" did you come from?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
Which "twig" did you come from?
Mark, that is very unbecoming, and the reason why people become upset with you.  You were given the simplest explanation I could give, to offer you a response to your question, and you resort to a childish response.  Now, you have finally started to bore me.  You show disrespect to someone who has not only read your posts, but has done my best to respond to them.  Very sad Mark.......

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 05:18:10 PM »
Wasn't trying to be childish at all. Just curious what twig you think you evolved from.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
Wasn't trying to be childish at all. Just curious what twig you think you evolved from.
Apparently you didn't understand the example.  I am no different than anyone else.  We all came from the same line which eventually evolved into homo sapiens.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »
Apparently you didn't understand the example.  I am no different than anyone else.  We all came from the same line which eventually evolved into homo sapiens.
Apparently you are different if you think you evolved from any line. Which line was it that turned into humans?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:42 AM »

As your list shows, the number of chromosomes has nothing to do with the complexity of the life form. Its not the number of chromosomes but the information in each one that counts.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 01:13:02 AM »
Apparently you are different if you think you evolved from any line. Which line was it that turned into humans?
No Mark, you are different, as you feel your ancestors came from dirt.  Given the choice between being related to dirt or chimps... I'll take the chimps!

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
No Mark, you are different, as you feel your ancestors came from dirt.  Given the choice between being related to dirt or chimps... I'll take the chimps!

There is a very real possiblity we are made of star dust. So Mark may be right.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 01:46:57 AM »
 As you may or may not have guessed by now ,I think we were wonderfully created by God. and can prove to you there is no other possibility. Look at the odds!

A look at some figures

First published:
Ex Nihilo 1(1):9–10
June 1978

Evolutionists generally believe that although the spontaneous generation of life from non-living matter was a highly improbable event, the amount of time available is long enough to overcome this problem. This fallacy is because they (and most of us, really) just haven't gotten around to some actual calculating on some of these problems.

The difficult thing is to conceive the size of some of the figures obtained. James F. Coppedge in the book Evolution: Possible or Impossible? has given some fascinating examples, one of which is here presented. Consider first this statement from the evolutionist George Wald writing on The Origin of Life in the Scientific American (1954):

Time is in fact the hero of the plot. The time with which we have to deal is of the order of two billion years. What we regard as impossible on the basis of human experience is meaningless there. Given so much time, the 'impossible' becomes possible; the possible probable, and the probable virtually certain. One has only to wait; time itself performs the miracles.

Now using Coppedge's figures, let's take a look at the time it would take for one simple gene to arrange itself by chance. Remember, natural selection cannot operate until a self-replicating system is produced. Of course, this gene by itself is still only a dead molecule in the absence of other genes and other complex chemicals all perfectly arranged in time and space. Nevertheless, let us use as many sets as there are atoms in the universe. Let us give chance the unbelievable number of attempts of eight trillion tries per second in each set! At this speed on average it would take l0147 years to obtain just one stable gene. What does this number really mean? Let's look at Coppedge's example; assume we have an amoeba—and let's assume that this little creature is given the task of carrying matter, one atom at a time from one edge of the universe to the other (though to be about thirty billion light years in diameter). Let's further assume that this amoeba moves at the incredible slow pace of one Angstrom until (about the diameter of a hydrogen atom) every fifteen billion years (this is the assumed age of the universe assigned by many evolutionists). How much matter could this amoeba carry in this time calculated to arrange just one usable gene by chance? The answer is that he would be able to carry 2 x 1021 complete universes!

This means that all the people living on earth, man, woman and child, counting day and night, would be counting for five thousand years just to count the number of entire universes which this amoeba would have transported across a distance of thirty billion light years, one atom at a time.

Coppedge's book makes fascinating reading in other respects and is one of the few works that really comes to grips with this matter of molecular biology and probability mathematics.

Evolutionists would have us believe that modern molecular biology lends its support to their world view, but the more information comes to hand, the more preposterous the whole idea of a naturalistic origin of life becomes.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »

Stardust??

Hey CriTTer -- listen up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-dB6qUTGI

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:49 AM »
Shadylane, tthat's impossible... there is NO mention of star dust in the Bible!  It states that G_D created man out of the dust of the earth.....so Mark's ancestors are just plain old earth dirt!  :wink1a: ;D
Our ancestors may have originated from star dust......

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 01:53:57 AM »
Trying to prove something like "God" is just a waste of time.  Its impossible without that said being coming out of a cloud and proving beyond a shadow of a doubt who and what it is and is about.

I thought your religion was supposed to be based around faith not proof.

Isn't that the way to heaven?  Faith?

Nothing you can show me here on this site will ever prove God exists to me.  If your idea of God is correct than there is no way in reality that ANY of us could ever comprehend something like that.  Its not humanly possible.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 01:54:30 AM »
Stardust??

Hey CriTTer -- listen up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-dB6qUTGI
Not fair!!! My dance partner's not here!  %%^%$ %%^%$
Now THAT'S music!

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 02:03:23 AM »
Trying to prove something like "God" is just a waste of time.  Its impossible without that said being coming out of a cloud and proving beyond a shadow of a doubt who and what it is and is about.

I thought your religion was supposed to be based around faith not proof.

Isn't that the way to heaven?  Faith?

Nothing you can show me here on this site will ever prove God exists to me.  If your idea of God is correct than there is no way in reality that ANY of us could ever comprehend something like that.  Its not humanly possible.
I think it may be impossible until you believe in your heart. I hope it happens for you someday, and you put all your money in the collection plate at my church! (last part was an obvious joke in case anyone didn't get it) It is humanly possible DN, its is a plane of life I don't want you to miss.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 02:13:42 AM »
I think it may be impossible until you believe in your heart. I hope it happens for you someday, and you put all your money in the collection plate at my church! (last part was an obvious joke in case anyone didn't get it) It is humanly possible DN, its is a plane of life I don't want you to miss.

I believe in my heart that I'm handsome. But my friends still make fun of me.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 02:20:04 AM »
I believe in my heart that I'm handsome. But my friends still make fun of me.
If that pic is any indication.... you are adorable!  :wink1a:

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
In real life, I look more like an orangutan.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:45 AM »
Not fair!!! My dance partner's not here!  %%^%$ %%^%$
Now THAT'S music!
   Kari your dance partner is here about the 2:59 mark ..   uhm    enjoy  waltz lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfKYC-UB7t0

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 03:41:47 AM »
   Kari your dance partner is here about the 2:59 mark ..   uhm    enjoy  waltz lol

Funny!! ***(**&
But I think this is more Kari and My speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QQzbCmlZM4
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.