Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: David Carradine Found Dead of Suspected Suicide  (Read 8357 times)

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
David Carradine Found Dead of Suspected Suicide
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

BANGKOK Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.
It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

The newspaper said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. The name of the movie was not immediately available.

It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

A police officer at Bangkok's Lumpini precinct station would not confirm the identity of the dead man to The Associated Press, but said the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel had reported that a male guest killed himself there.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.
In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."
He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: David Carradine Found Dead of Suspected Suicide
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
Wow..I always thought he was so funny and happy in the rolls he played.  I bet he was murdered.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »
I don't know about murder but I bet he wasn't trying to die. I will also bet he wasn't in the room alone.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
I know, what adult would try to hang themselves with a string on a blind!

That just sounds kinda weird to me.  Couldn't do that at my house the blind would fall down.  You can barely close pull them up and down without them falling.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok (AP)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »
Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok (AP)  Source: AP 45 minutes ago         Related Links:   BANGKOK - Actor David Carradine, a born seeker and cult idol who broke through as the willing student called "grasshopper" in the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" and decades later as leader of an assassin squad in "Kill Bill," was found dead Thursday in Thailand. Police said he appeared to have hanged himself.

The officer responsible for investigating the death, Teerapop Luanseng, said the 72-year-old actor was staying at a suite at the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel.

"I can confirm that we found his body, naked, hanging in the closet," Teerapop said. He said police suspected suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

Carradine came from an acting family. His father, John, made a career playing creepy, eccentric characters in film and on stage. His brothers Keith, Robert and Bruce also became actors. Actress Martha Plimpton is Keith Carradine's daughter.

"My Uncle David was a brilliantly talented, fiercely intelligent and generous man. He was the nexus of our family in so many ways, and drew us together over the years and kept us connected," Plimpton said Thursday.

Carradine was in Bangkok shooting the movie "Stretch," said his manager, Chuck Binder.

"We're very saddened, he was a wonderful guy," said Lori Binder, a partner in the agency that represented Carradine.

"It is shocking to me that he is no longer with us," said Michael Madsen, who played an assassin in "Kill Bill."

"I had been thinking about calling him for the last several days. ... I have so many great memories of David that I wouldn't even know where to begin. He has a very special place in my heart."

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid Thursday morning. It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the suite's curtains. It cited police as saying there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

Police said Carradine's body was taken to a hospital for an autopsy that would be done Friday.

Carradine appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby. One of his early film roles was as folk singer Woody Guthrie in Ashby's 1976 biopic, "Bound for Glory."

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

"I wasn't like a TV star in those days, I was like a rock 'n' roll star," Carradine said in an interview with Associated Press Radio in 1996. "It was a phenomenon kind of thing. ... It was very special."

Actor Rainn Wilson, star of TV's "The Office," tweeted about Carradine's death on Twitter: "R.I.P. David Carradine. You were a true hero to so many of us children of the 70s. We'll miss you, Kwai Chang Caine."

Carradine reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill." Bill, the worldly father figure of a pack of crack assassins, was a shadowy presence in 2003's "Kill Bill - Vol. 1." In that film, one of Bill's former assassins (Uma Thurman) begins a vengeful rampage against her old associates, including Bill.

In "Kill Bill - Vol. 2," released in 2004, Thurman's character catches up to Bill. The role brought Carradine a Golden Globe nomination as best supporting actor.

Bill was a complete contrast to Caine, the soft-spoken refugee from a Shaolin monastery, serenely spreading wisdom and battling bad guys in the Old West. He left after three seasons, saying the show had started to repeat itself.

"David's always been kind of a seeker of knowledge and of wisdom in his own inimitable way," his brother, actor Keith Carradine, said in a 1995 interview.

After "Kung Fu," Carradine starred in the 1975 cult flick "Death Race 2000." He starred with Liv Ullmann in Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and with his brothers in the 1980 Western "The Long Riders."

But after the early 1980s, he spent two decades doing mostly low-budget films. Tarantino's films changed that.

"All I've ever needed since I more or less retired from studio films a couple of decades ago ... is just to be in one," Carradine told The Associated Press in 2004.

"There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," he said. "All that was ever required was somebody with Quentin's courage to take and put me in the spotlight."

One thing remained a constant after "Kung Fu": Carradine's interest in Asian herbs, exercise and philosophy. He wrote a personal memoir called "Spirit of Shaolin" and continued to make instructional videos on tai chi and other martial arts.

In the 2004 interview, Carradine talked candidly about his past boozing and narcotics use, but said he had put all that behind him and stuck to coffee and cigarettes.

"I didn't like the way I looked, for one thing. You're kind of out of control emotionally when you drink that much. I was quicker to anger."

"You're probably witnessing the last time I will ever answer those questions," Carradine said. "Because this is a regeneration. It is a renaissance. It is the start of a new career for me.

"It's time to do nothing but look forward."

___

Associated Press writer Polly Anderson in New York contributed to this report.
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/actor-david-carradine-found-dead-bangkok-ap
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok (AP)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
R.I.P Grasshopper
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
Not all blinds are bought at walmart.

I know, what adult would try to hang themselves with a string on a blind!

That just sounds kinda weird to me.  Couldn't do that at my house the blind would fall down.  You can barely close pull them up and down without them falling.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 11:57:20 PM »
especially at 5 star hotels?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »
New info.....  a little bit more to the story than first announced.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31118992/
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »
I'll have you know I did not buy all my blinds at Wal mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you think you know someone and you don't really. :shame:

(some of mine were bought at yard sales) ;D

It's not the blinds, its the trailer walls (how redneck does that sound).  Can't get mine to stay up.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
I'll have you know I did not buy all my blinds at Wal mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you think you know someone and you don't really. :shame:

(some of mine were bought at yard sales) ;D

It's not the blinds, its the trailer walls (how redneck does that sound).  Can't get mine to stay up.
Me either %%^%$
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
 :shame:

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:31:12 AM »
:shame:
What??
I shop at walmart's also_______ Geeez I can't say nuthin without someone shaking there finger at me ::) ((*(*&

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »
hey maynard, i don't have anything to add to this thread, just wanted you to be post 2500
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 02:16:25 AM »
hey maynard, i don't have anything to add to this thread, just wanted you to be post 2500
I am Honored ***(**&

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »
 :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
The report said it was a cord from the curtains, not string from the blinds, lol.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »
The report said it was a cord from the curtains, not string from the blinds, lol.

Good catch Trena.  I didn't make the distinction.

Anyone do any research on this practice after he died?  I did. 
*shaking head*.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
This is grotesque, and if it's true, was totally unnecessary from any perspective. It's not like the guy couldn't have found someone else to "do his thing" with -- he was a popular actor and could have had all the women he wanted (or men, if that was his thing).

I've been on the crime beat long enough to have run into this several times before with teenage boys or college students. Usually the families are horribly embarrassed and have virtually begged me not to print what I read in the police report. Maybe the widely publicized death of a prominent actor will put an end to an exceedingly dangerous practice.

New info.....  a little bit more to the story than first announced.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31118992/
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »
So now his family is asking the FBI to do an investigation into his death.