Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: usual procedure?  (Read 11741 times)

Offline bg2007

• Lurker
    • View Profile
usual procedure?
« on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:04 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

On April 8th my daughter started crying in pain and sweating badly, started having some type of seizure and we called the ambulance. We live pretty far out down a gravel road so it took them some time to get to us. Once they got here my daughter kept coming in and out of consciousness and then proceded to throw up. It seemed like it took them quite awhile  to get us even gone as they blew up a carseat for her which I know they had to. Is there a general protocol as to when they actually turn the sirens on? They drove as if nothing was really going on until we got closer to the hospital and then they thought she might of had a stroke and so they did drive faster on the interstate but still no lights and even let cars turn out in front of us and such on the roads in town. I am by no means criticizing them because I know if they wouldnt have came my daughter wouldnt be here as she is 15 months and did suffer a minor stroke and underwent a craneotomy due to a bleeding blood vessel in her brain. It just seems to me things could have went a bit smoother but maybe i'm wrong?..

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
Re: usual procedure?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
If you have a problem with the ambulance Gary (crazyhorse)is the one to talk to. He really cares about his district and how his emt/paramedics handle a crisis. Once you explain to him what happened he will let you know what should have or have not been done in this certain circumstance. He truely is great when it comes to that and he will listen.

I know what happened and have to say that I was in disbelief that the sirens nor lights were used in her situation. I dont feel they evaluated her very well or they would have. I am glad she did arrive when she did at the hospital or she wouldnt be here with us today. And it was just in the nick of time!

How are things going? I havent heard or talked to you in awhile. Have been thinging about you alot!
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:43 AM »
bg2007, if you let me know name so I can read the chart and check on this, if in our district. Can you PM or welcome to call/stop by the base.  I will sure investigate.

showmehillbilly, thank you for the kind words!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »
Wow I'm sorry you had to deal with that, I pray your daughter makes a full recovery.  Why do they blow up a carseat?  Couldn't they have used her carseat? 
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
bg2007, if you let me know name so I can read the chart and check on this, if in our district. Can you PM or welcome to call/stop by the base.  I will sure investigate.

CH I am sure they can't pm you, because they wouldn't have enough posts for pm permissions.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »
OK, thank you okie.
   bg2007, you are welcome to call me at 573-774-5413, or stop by. If you need me to I can meet you in Crocker. First thing I need to know if it was PCAD ambulance. I can tell you a lot of things in general, for example: lights, sirens and spped are not the most successful or modern therapy. Most calls are made more dangerous by those. If you ever interested I can send you my articles on lights, sirens and speed and the myths and dangers thereof. Mostly long traditions and culture of little value by police, fire and ambulance. I will check the log book for April 8 and see if was our call. If it was I will read the chart and talk to the EMT and paramedic on the call. I will not put private patient information on here. But, I will try to find a way to communicate with you.

Gary

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 02:36:18 AM »
bg2007, I found the call in log book. Will read the chart and talk to the team tomorrow, will hope to find a number to call you tomorrow,

Gary

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »
I called today and left message and phone number on your message machine. Hope to hear from you soon,

Gary

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:28:09 AM »
Your very welcome Gary! You do care about your district and I am proof of that!

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 09:21:09 PM »
Gary I have another question after reading this again...

*why have blow up carseats? why not just have them on the gurney? In case of an accident wouldnt the blow up seats pop? or possibly get punctured by equipment if you were in an accident? I was just thinking about that when I read they had to blow up a carseat. So... my enquiring mind wanted to know LOL.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 12:57:59 AM »
Hi showme, good question. The car seats we use are state-of-the-art. They are recommended by the pediatric experts and standards. The seats conform to the child and provide the ultimate in safety and protection for the child. Then when secured on the cot, and we have special devices in our ambulances called Stat Tracs, that provide the best bknown safety in case, pray not, of an accident the Stat Trac holds the cot in place. So, the ped. carseat keeps the child safe and secure and immobilizes the neck and back well, plus secured to the cot. Such a good question and I hope I answered clearly for you.

As always, nice visiting with you,

Gary

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 05:17:51 AM »
Thanks for the answer, I was curious too. (although I did ask this question 4 days ago)
Women are Angels

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »
Hee hee it was bugging me especially with my past experience! LOL you and I are going to have to share that story with the PCW they would NEVER believe me if I told it. I know my teacher didnt in college when I wrote the story as an essay. She wrote "Great Imagination!" with and A+ and I had to let her know it was all true!!!
I would NEVER put your department down for anything I understand this is a tough job and they arent Doctors and they do the best they can in difficult situations. Lives are in your hands. However, there are always questions about certain things and its great you take the time to answer! I have had nurses that I have asked questions too and SOME are down right rude! Its my body and I want to know what your putting in me and why and what it is! LOL I am highly allergic to morphine/demoral and I was glad I asked a Lake Ozark Hospital nurse in the ER what she was given me cause it was demoral and I had to tell her that I was ALLERGIC! She then blocked off the IV and the head nurse came in... she wasnt happy with her. We are all human and can make mistakes but having a red band on the wrist that your given drugs in and 1 minute before being asked what you are allergic to and then be given it is viable for questioning what is happening with you! LOL

Thanks for being so honest and answering our questions! Love you for that!

Hi showme, good question. The car seats we use are state-of-the-art. They are recommended by the pediatric experts and standards. The seats conform to the child and provide the ultimate in safety and protection for the child. Then when secured on the cot, and we have special devices in our ambulances called Stat Tracs, that provide the best bknown safety in case, pray not, of an accident the Stat Trac holds the cot in place. So, the ped. carseat keeps the child safe and secure and immobilizes the neck and back well, plus secured to the cot. Such a good question and I hope I answered clearly for you.

As always, nice visiting with you,

Gary

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 01:38:27 PM »
Blissfullybusy, I'll try to be faster next time.

Showmehillbilly, someday when you have time we will. I will interview you, then we can write the story and put it in my column. It will probably take two or three parts for the paper as we are required to do 450 words at a time now.  I think I have a photo of that ambulance somewhere still. 
Gary

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 02:13:30 PM »
LOL I was just teasing you gary. haha  I've needed your services for a couple of my kids doing stupid things and they were FABULOUS!!!!!!
Women are Angels

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
I'll try to be faster next time.

Don't feel bad, Gary. I have this board up virtually anytime I'm plugged into the internet so I can click "refresh" and see if there's some sort of news I've missed. (I do the same with Google News and a couple of other news sources.) Even so, I've gotten yelled at by a few people here for not responding fast enough to questions about news events, even when the questions weren't directed to me!

Life was harder in many ways before the internet. Believe me, I remember all too well what it was like to have to write my articles via longhand on a legal pad, find a pay phone, and call them in to a secretary in the newsroom who would take shorthand dictation, type it up on a Selectric typewriter, and hand the doublespaced text to a copy editor, and then he'd mark it up in pencil and hand it to a news editor who would re-edit it, and then he'd hand it to a typesetter who would retype it on a Linotype machine. And don't even THINK about what it was like to have to develop black-and-white film of breaking news on deadline, worried about spilling the chemicals and irretrievably ruining a whole roll of film for what was intended to be a front-page photo.

However, not everything about technology makes my life easier. Developing technology such as e-mail, wi-fi, the web, and cell phones all make some things much harder, including enabling people to get ahold of me at virtually any time of the day or night, either for good reasons or to give me what, in Missouri-speak, seems to be called an "ass-whooping."
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »
Thank you Blissfullybusy, I thought maybe you were...givin me a hard time, hahaha. I really do enjoy conversing with you all.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
Thank you Darrell. I know, I knew I should answer blissfullybusy faster...   I wanted to read the chart first and see what happened. And, as you know, because of my committment to patient privacy...and of course the law...I am limited to what I can say about specific cases. So, before answering blissfullybusy's question I wanted to see. They ask good questions and you know me, I want to answer them. This helps the people we serve know why we do certain things.

I get questions from all over. A lady from another state called the other day. She reads health care articles she can find on the web. She wanted some help regarding an article I wrote a few weeks ago. I also still have a readership in the printed news too. I got a good local response from my article about the old hospital the other day. One lady told me she read the article and it made her cry. The feedback from the readers, as you know Darrell, makes the work worth while. Also, I always remember EX-Ed, because he would give me feedback when he was editor. As well, a writer I greatly respect, Ray Campbell, who use to write at Daily Guide, use to give me feedback. Hearing good words from such as he and ex-ed...and the conversing with the readers, inspires the writer to try and do a good job.

Gary

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
 :th_grinin: :th_grinin: yeah Gary
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 02:12:38 AM »
Dont ya just wanna pinch Gary's cheeks? LOL
(and Maynard... his face cheeks not his butt cheeks!! I got you before you even had to write it! LOL) :th_gen129:

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »
Dont ya just wanna pinch Gary's cheeks? LOL
(and Maynard... his face cheeks not his butt cheeks!! I got you before you even had to write it! LOL) :th_gen129:
If you want I'll kiss Gary on the lips on the court house steps_______ but I want something in return which will be determined later.
 :th_th36_1_15:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 02:30:20 AM »
Oh and Gary I hate to burst your bubble but the campbell guy you mentioned______- He didn't write the ariticle's But he sure had a mighty fine GHOST WRITER!!
And she is good looking to ;D   ***(**&
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 02:39:59 AM »
Maynard, I don't know about the ghost writing, but I agree on the other.

Do I have to shave...for tha kiss

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »
Maynard, I don't know about the ghost writing, but I agree on the other.

Do I have to shave...for tha kiss
Naw because I have as much beard as you but you do have to brush your teeth and suck an Altoid and
&&*&^  NO TOUNGE!!
But you can feel my butt if you want ;D   :wink1a:   :wink1a: ((*(*&

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 03:06:32 AM »
A kiss just isnt a kiss without tongue.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »
Naw because I have as much beard as you but you do have to brush your teeth and suck an Altoid and
&&*&^  NO TOUNGE!!
But you can feel my butt if you want ;D   :wink1a:   :wink1a: ((*(*&

***(((*
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »
Gary always shows his concern and care for Pulaski County Residents.  He has continues to have my respect.

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36:58 PM »
He and his team have my respect also
My mother (age 92) was with a friend and had a small fender bender - the EMT/Paramedic checked her over and when my mom said she was find - didn't hurt anywhere the EMT/Paramedic gave her the ambulance district phone # and said you call me anytime if you begin to hurt anywhere.  Later that night the EMT/Paramedic called my mother at home and asked her how she was feeling and did she hurt anywhere.  You can't ask for better service than that.  That EMT/Paramedic went above their call of duty and I thank Gary and his team.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »
Nanna, that was awfully nice of you. I will tell the teams at staff meeting.

Gary

Offline Nanna

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
Gary please do pass my message on to your staff.  In February I called 911 as my mother was very weak and your team showed up - they were so very professional and so sweet to my mother.  they took her by ambulance to Phelps County - she was in the hospital for 8 days but passed away.  Could you tell that sweet EMT/paramedic that went above and beyond her call of duty that Ruth McKendrick passed away. I wanted to come to the ambulance base and tell them myself but her death was not expected and a shock.  Thank you again for all you do and you do have a great team that you should be proud of.