Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dangerous Road  (Read 6929 times)

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
Dangerous Road
« on: April 20, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Who do I contact regarding the poor condition of a road?

The road in question is Texas Road, the paved part just after Country Oaks Estates all the way down the hill.  This road has potholes that are nearing a foot deep in places.  The edges of this road are also being eroded away making the road more narrow in places.  The problem is that this is a high traffic road with cars and large trucks flying up and down the road trying to dodge all the potholes etc and this section of road is one long blind section. 

Somebody is going to get seriously hurt because this road is not safe.  Efforts to quick patch the road are only effective for a few weeks then they become bad again.  Drainage and pavement seriously need to be reassessed. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: Dangerous Road
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »
Trust me.  That road has been like that for years and years.  Wait until it floods down there, then see what happens.  It's going to take a LOT to get something going to fix that mess. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
You should contact Bill Farnham the Eastern Commissioner.  His phone number is 528-2691.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:07 PM »
If people would just slow down through there it would make things better. Ive posted about the speeding on our road many times and just got blasted.
the speed limit is 25 but youd think it was 50. I have came head on with folks daily flying down the hill and dodging the main pothole from hell in the middle of the hill. I also fear for that kid on the white 4 wheeler that flies up and down that hill.hes going to meet one day with one of those people flying through there and its not going to be good.
Biscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »
Yeh, the flooding is bad.  Ive lived there for a few years and grew up just around the corner from there.

I can live with the flooding, it usually goes down to a passable level in an hour or two.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:06:41 PM »
My buddy lives on Misty Mountain and he said they fixed it to where it wont flood anymore. I hope so.
Biscuit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
The widened the area just before the concrete bridge to hold more water.  During a heavy rain or snow melt, our road still floods, it just isn't as bad further down the road.  I laughed when Baker built that house on the corner of Twilight; it is right in the flood zone. 

Hey, the tar patch junk slows the cars down...I know we crawl through that stuff.  Maybe THAT is the solution...
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
I have lived down here for a lot of years, and the road was much better when it was still gravel, and people didn't act like they had to drive it like it's Indy. The rough spots weren't near as rough, the gravel helped you get up the hill, and you didn't fall into a foot deep hole and ruin a tire and rim.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

cenwoman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »
This road just keeps getting smaller and smaller. There are barely 2 cars wide. Then when you add dodging potholes on top of it all it is a accident waiting to happen. Guess no commissioners live down that way.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »
There was a person hurt on misty mountain yesterday I believe from another 4 wheeler wreck. out by the old quarry. The fire dept was up and down through there last night too.
Biscuit

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »
Various departments have been up and down the road this afternoon also, running code both ways. Why? And I am not talking about the tankers, I am talking about the various chief trucks and rescue units.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 12:51:08 AM »
nice weather.  brings out the kooks (me included) I heard of one fire Sat and two in Sunday. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 06:44:17 PM »
Nice, big thumbs up to our county officials.  Thanks for taking the steps to repair the road.  Every little bit helps.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »
I think the cause of the roads going so bad is because of all the large construction trucks and epuipment that are using it.  Lots of new houses being built outside the city limits and on down texas rd.  I work out there and I have to dodge those pot holes every morning.  Plus if a large truck comes the other way there is a drop off of about 6 inches to get out of their way.  Needs to be fixed.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 05:11:58 PM »
they came through there yesterday and patched up the really bad areas. I hope it lasts a while.
Biscuit

Offline tlh1224

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 02:02:09 AM »
I also live on a so called road, it is in poor shape also, i keep getting the run around about who is responsible for the up keep. Can't the sheriffs dept and ems complain to county about roads? It would probably save quite a bit on repairs to vehicles. I feel sorry and worry about our deputies and ems that have to go down these roads. God Bless them all
To All my Friends and Family~ It been Great, Take Care and Love all of ya!

WBT

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 02:14:01 AM »
I also live on a so called road, it is in poor shape also, i keep getting the run around about who is responsible for the up keep. Can't the sheriffs dept and ems complain to county about roads? It would probably save quite a bit on repairs to vehicles. I feel sorry and worry about our deputies and ems that have to go down these roads. God Bless them all
Surly you jest.
 The commission pays no attention to what the Sheriffs
department or EMS want or need.
 But if the schools and bus drivers complained the would listen, or the post office.
 But the Sheriff??
 They would just laugh in his face.
 They do it everyday about manpower and the LE tax.

Offline tlh1224

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 07:40:14 AM »
my prayers are with the sheriff and his deputies. I will support the LE tax, this county definitely needs it. As for the roads, who knows.
Thank you so much for letting me post this.
tlh1224

WBT

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:12 AM »
my prayers are with the sheriff and his deputies. I will support the LE tax, this county definitely needs it. As for the roads, who knows.
Thank you so much for letting me post this.
tlh1224
Tammy your a good women.
And Amen on the LE tax.

it's bedtime for Bonzo.
Good night or should i say good morning.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »
Higher taxes or better roads? Hmmm....

The cost of doing even a so-so road like that one is amazingly high - especially with petroleum products having gone through the roof. Who should pay for it?
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
Shouldn't it be Better Roads = Higher Taxes ??? If your talking paving a road the residents should have to pave it themselves just like he other subdivisions that got sucked into the NID process had too and then after so many years be taken over by the County, if higher taxes are part of the process.

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »
Just think if the Le tax passed there could be more money in the budget for fixing the roads among other things.

Higher taxes or better roads? Hmmm....

The cost of doing even a so-so road like that one is amazingly high - especially with petroleum products having gone through the roof. Who should pay for it?
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 03:40:00 AM »
If you call the commisioners on a morning they are in a meeting and talk to them they will probably come and look at the problem and try to fix it.  I called them about a problem I was having where the water drains off the county road down my driveway and washes it out EVERY time it rains and they called me back almost a soon as they started the meeting.  I explained the problem and they said we would get togethar and look at it.  Remember that it takes a little while because all the roads are falling out due to all the ice we got in the beginning of the year. 
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 02:22:38 PM »
funny that when all these road were paved, they are just recycled road material from when they resurfaced Missouri avenue.  That and extremely poor drainage is what is casuing the roads to fail...and each home had to pay for that crap.  It improved the area so home values rose, therfore raising taxes, now the roads are falling apart and the taxes are still high. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline tlh1224

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »
I live on a dirt road , i do not want it 'PAVED', that would only create a speeding problem worse than what it is already. All I would like is for a grader to grade it once in awhile. I feel sorry for the deputy that lives on this road. But as always , all i get is the political runaraound. Too long of a story to go into. Thanks for letting me vent.

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
Dangerous Road in Buckhorn
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »
easement
I wish something could be done about Rocky Mount Lane in Buckhorn. We live at the very end of this road...well...technically that is where our mailbox is...however to get to our house, we have to travel a tad under 1/10 mile on a "private road" owned by Ted Williams...under an "easement clause" on our property deed.

here is a current definition of " easement " from Dictionary.com.
noun
1.  (law) the privilege of using something that is not your own (as using the land as a right of way to your own land) 

Now...not a problem, right ???? WRONG-O !!

County Road crews, when they have a mind to it....may run the grader down Rocky Mount Lane....but they only run to the end of the road by the mailboxes; they claim that the 1/10 mile to our house is the responsibility of Mr Williams. Mr Williams states emphatically that it is the COUNTY'S responsibility to keep that road graded...so you can see where we stand .

With the heavy rains of last week we have multiple ruts down near the mailboxes....one of which almost completely spans the width of the road...is almost a foot wide and almost as deep; we almost have to go up into a neighbor's yard to get to and from our house without tearing up the tires or suspension on our vehicles. There are multiple potholes and other road hazards from the mailboxes to our house.

We have made multiple polite requests to both Ted and Roger Williams to keep the road in reasonable repair; each time we are given empty promises...and nothing is done.

It is worse in the winter time if there are heavy snows; the plow from the County goes down to the bottom of the hill, turns around and the pile up of snow from the blades essentially blocking me in unless I get husband and son to run their pick up trucks with off road tires up and down the road many times to ": break track" so I can get my vehicle in and out for work, doctor's appointments and other errands. If there is a build up of ice from episodes of sleet and freezing rain that our part of Missouri is so famous for this pools up and the end of the road and makes getting to and from our house extremely treacherous at best or impossible sometimes for days at a time at worst.

I don't believe we should be responsible for the expense of having this part of the road graded ourselves either in equipment or in materials such as gravel and/or chat.

So....other than raising a big stink....and believe you me we have plenty and don't even get me going on that " man-made fishing lake" that Ted Williams promised everybody in the subdivision and a description of our property on the abstract even states " on the shore of a lake "...and it nothing but a big pit full of grass and debris from past construction projects and the like and no more holds water than the man in the moon.....I just don't know what else to do.

Just venting..........
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 06:47:24 PM »
If it was me, I'd go see an attorney.  Some will do the first meeting free and maybe all it would take is an official letter letting them know if they don't abide by their easement, then further action may be necessary.  You can't wuss out on them even though none of us likes being ugly, you have to protect what's yours and since you already asked and they won't do anything...time to play hardball.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline JETECK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »
I have lived on two different pieces of land that where locked with easement access.  If the easement is solely for access to your property than you will probably be responsible for the maintenance.  If the easement accesses several properties you can split the cost.  This advice given without knowledge of contracts signed or handshakes given.

Best advice don't buy land locked property.....it's a hassle!
An armed public are called citizens...an unarmed public are called subjects.

Offline merrymutts

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 09:06:41 PM »
Be darned if I am going to pay to maintain 1/10 mile of road that doesn't even belong to me.....

The county states that this section of road belongs to Ted Williams and he should make at least a reasonable effort to maintain it; they have the equipment and often take it up and down the road past our house to do ...something....in the pit in back of Roger's house....how hard would it be to lower the blade on the bulldozer when running back past our house to his ??
Susan Aspeotes
M and Zee's Gourmet Pet Treats
WWW.BESTDOGCOOKIES.BIZ
Waynesville   MO  65583

Offline casca197

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 12:34:39 AM »
I do not believe that they will ever fix the road past the city limits. If they want someone to fix it, talk to all the builders that are putting up houses, it is their large trucks that continue to make the road worse, or maybe the county should hire someone who knows how to fix roads, because the individuals that then send to do patch work are not very effective, they fill the holes and a couple days later it has returned, GOOD JOB. Property taxes are being raised for an area that is not being maintained. Where is the tax money going to?