Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Cap & Trade Vote Today  (Read 11452 times)

Offline David Day

• View Profile
Cap & Trade Vote Today
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

According to House Leadership the vote on the Climate Bill, aka Cap & Trade is going to happen today. Speaker Polosi said she thinks she has the vote for what will be a large tax increase on your monthly utility bills. The President has promised to sign the bill if on his desk.

I must admit that of the MO Democrats I am surprised that Congressman Clay is the only one considering a "NO" vote (Kudo's Congressman). Missouri residents will be hit by this tax almost as bad as any part of the nation because our power depends so much on coal.

http://mopns.com/2009/06/25/clay-say...st-on-cap-tax/

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-06-23.html

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office the increase to the average household will be around $1,600. per year. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...053102077.html

I do know that every "expert" I have visited with said it will be more, maybe much more, in Missouri since we and a few other states in the center of the nation depend on our electric being generated from coal so much.

Guess we will see how worried the Missouri Delegation of Congress is about Missourians today.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: Cap & Trade Vote Today
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »
We can vote them all out next year

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
We can vote them all out next year
I'm just glad that those of us making $200,000 or less won't have ANY tax increases as promised by our President.  That is unless you use electricity or tobacco or <insert next item>......
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
I may now know why Rep. Ike Skelton cancelled his planned attendance at a Pulaski County Democratic Party event tonight. I'm guessing that the leadership must need his vote.

One caution with regard to Rep. Skelton's vote, if he votes in favor of the Democratic leadership position, let's be careful about blaming him too much. As the chairman of a key House committee, he pretty much has to vote the way the Democratic leadership wants unless it is something to which either he or his constituents are totally opposed. (That's why a number of coal-state Democrats are defecting from the Democratic leadership position on this issue, and making what should be a relatively easy Democratic victory into a hard-fought fight.) Both parties turn the screws on their members when their votes are really, really needed, and for the Democrats, this is one of those times.

If we want to know how Rep. Skelton feels on this issue, we need to look to the history of his votes when the Democrats were in the minority and he didn't chair the House Armed Services Committee.

According to House Leadership the vote on the Climate Bill, aka Cap & Trade is going to happen today. Speaker Polosi said she thinks she has the vote for what will be a large tax increase on your monthly utility bills. The President has promised to sign the bill if on his desk.

I must admit that of the MO Democrats I am surprised that Congressman Clay is the only one considering a "NO" vote (Kudo's Congressman). Missouri residents will be hit by this tax almost as bad as any part of the nation because our power depends so much on coal.

http://mopns.com/2009/06/25/clay-say...st-on-cap-tax/

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-06-23.html

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office the increase to the average household will be around $1,600. per year. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...053102077.html

I do know that every "expert" I have visited with said it will be more, maybe much more, in Missouri since we and a few other states in the center of the nation depend on our electric being generated from coal so much.

Guess we will see how worried the Missouri Delegation of Congress is about Missourians today.

Dave
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:35:06 PM »
Wrong Darrell!  If he votes for this Cap & Tax, we're screwed!  This party line loyalty is a bunch of garbage, and you know it!  If you think we've got high utility bills now, heating/cooling our oversized homes, wait until this SH!T kicks in!  This will result in open season for SHOW-ME, Laclede, etc. to jack these rates up well beyond what most fixed income folks can barely afford now!  We're literally screwing ourselves while China is putting coal fired utility plants on-line like there's no tomorrow!   Good Grief, we're quickly becoming a nation of twinkled toed bozos living in a world of euphoric "neverland" fantasy.   This is really a SAD pathetic mess!

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »
Sorry Darrell,  I'm not saying that you're wrong personally.  It's the party line vote philosophy that makes my blood boil!  I was merely blowing off steam, AND I"M STILL STEAMED with regard to CAP & TAX us to kingdom come....................

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 08:51:59 PM »
What you're assuming is that Rep. Skelton agrees with your points, and that he believes his constituents are overwhelmingly in agreement as well. Then -- and only then -- will Skelton vote against the Democratic leadership on an issue that is this important to them.

If you feel strongly about this, call or FAX (don't e-mail) Rep. Skelton's main office in Washington and voice your feelings, and tell others to do the same. Since this is Friday, it's the main office that needs to be called, not the district offices in Missouri.

The Democrats, unlike the Republicans, will tolerate people in senior leadership positions defying the leadership if they have strong constituent opposition. Actually, that's why they have this problem because of coal-state conservative or blue-collar Democrats defecting -- if they didn't tolerate party dissent, they'd have this vote passed already.

Wrong Darrell!  If he votes for this Cap & Tax, we're screwed!  This party line loyalty is a bunch of garbage, and you know it!  If you think we've got high utility bills now, heating/cooling our oversized homes, wait until this SH!T kicks in!  This will result in open season for SHOW-ME, Laclede, etc. to jack these rates up well beyond what most fixed income folks can barely afford now!  We're literally screwing ourselves while China is putting coal fired utility plants on-line like there's no tomorrow!   Good Grief, we're quickly becoming a nation of twinkled toed bozos living in a world of euphoric "neverland" fantasy.   This is really a SAD pathetic mess!
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:04 PM »
Just tried calling the DC office.  Phone lines are jammed.  I suspect "end users" from around the the nation are voicing their concerns.  I hope so..................

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
Just tried calling the DC office.  Phone lines are jammed.  I suspect "end users" from around the the nation are voicing their concerns.  I hope so..................

On both sides. The environmentalists are pushing this one, too, and calling key conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans to try to shore up or change their votes.

You can assume that as a Democrat, Rep. Skelton is getting a ton of calls asking him to support the Democratic leadership -- and the liberal pressure groups are far better organized than conservatives on environmental issues. It's a secondary issue for most conservatives outside the coal states, but a primary issue for many liberals.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
Bottom line Darrell, passage of a 1/2 cent sales tax for law enforcement will pail in comparison to the implementation of this CAP & TAX trash.  Citizens of Missouri had best hold on to their drawers if this bull passes................

Late Note: "Pale in comparison"

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:40:27 PM »
*SHRUG*

I've seen numbers from as low as $80 a year for a family of four to as high as $6000+ a year for a family of four.

Only one article was honest enough to say its impossible to know the impact until you stop letting politicians put the numbers into the calculator.

I mean, did anyone honestly call the cost of gas and home heating fuel during the Bush years (where's that energy policy, and the names of the people who worked on it, again?) a tax on middle income families?

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »
I may now know why Rep. Ike Skelton cancelled his planned attendance at a Pulaski County Democratic Party event tonight. I'm guessing that the leadership must need his vote.

One caution with regard to Rep. Skelton's vote, if he votes in favor of the Democratic leadership position, let's be careful about blaming him too much. As the chairman of a key House committee, he pretty much has to vote the way the Democratic leadership wants unless it is something to which either he or his constituents are totally opposed. (That's why a number of coal-state Democrats are defecting from the Democratic leadership position on this issue, and making what should be a relatively easy Democratic victory into a hard-fought fight.) Both parties turn the screws on their members when their votes are really, really needed, and for the Democrats, this is one of those times.

If we want to know how Rep. Skelton feels on this issue, we need to look to the history of his votes when the Democrats were in the minority and he didn't chair the House Armed Services Committee.

As Chairman of a committee at the state level that is key for our area, I understand how it is played.  I was not assuming anything with Congressman Skelton's vote, just mentioned that Congressman Clay is the only one that has gone public with leaning against it of the Dems in MO.

I have no doubt how Congressman Skelton's district overall feels about this issue, I see polling numbers for the 4th Congressional each week/month too.  I also know that the Congressman knows his district well enough to also know, much better than I.  The vote will be interesting...this is a huge one, especially on folks who are on fixed incomes.

Dave

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »
Call 1-202-224-3141 if you want your reps to vote NO

Do you know that if the vote yes ALL of our Electric bills will sky rocket! Obama said it himself a few months ago!

Just keep calling, they postponed the vote. I amassuming because Pelosi doesn't have enough votes to win. She will keep making deals with our money (bribes) until she gets her way!

Let the People speak now or will be left holding more than our piece.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »
*SHRUG*

I've seen numbers from as low as $80 a year for a family of four to as high as $6000+ a year for a family of four.

Only one article was honest enough to say its impossible to know the impact until you stop letting politicians put the numbers into the calculator.

I mean, did anyone honestly call the cost of gas and home heating fuel during the Bush years (where's that energy policy, and the names of the people who worked on it, again?) a tax on middle income families?

I don't think they did call it a tax, and it isn't being called that now either even though the price of gas has continued to increase since President Obama took office (nobody is talking about it now, seems folks that were upset a few years ago don't mind now).  I don't remember the numbers but Darrell has them posted somewhere on here.

Dave

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »
In his own words.

Right from the Horse's.........ass mouth. ***(((*
Good post David :th_gen129:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
This bill is imposing a death sentence on old people and all people on a fixed income.
How many will go without AC and Heat because they can't pay there bills.
Out right murder if you ask me %%$%$$#
JMO!!
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
And the votes are in, it passes the House by a vote of 219 to 212.  The Roll Call is:  http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll477.xml

Those from MO voting for it were Carnahan, Clay (they got him), Cleaver, Skelton. 

On to the Senate.

Dave

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »
And the votes are in, it passes the House by a vote of 219 to 212.  The Roll Call is:  http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll477.xml

Those from MO voting for it were Carnahan, Clay (they got him), Cleaver, Skelton. 

On to the Senate.

Dave
Looks like it is time for you to run against Skelton Dave. ***(**&

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 12:11:17 AM »
Yea...that would really work well....LOL.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 12:16:05 AM »
Why is that funny Dave? I don't understand. :-\

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 12:29:17 AM »
Well, I see our "congressional butt plugs" have risen to the occasion once again........  Winston, I won't post links, etc. but you might want to look up the MIT study with regard to individual expenditures resulting from the implementation of the Cap & Tax.

Start your engines Show-Me Power............  Our congressional butt plugs have given you the "green" light.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 02:07:01 AM »
I don't understand why all those politicians just blindly follow Barrack Obamas lead.  How can they face their constituants knowing they are putting us in the poor house with this bill.  They better damn well do something to lower everything else, food, interest rates etc.

It is official I hate politics and most of the people involved.   They are nothing but a bunch of butt kissers and liars. 

So Obama promised us he wouldn't raise our taxes, so he is just going to raise our electric bills so we can't pay them.  I'm so mad, i could spit nails.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:26 AM »
I don't understand why all those politicians just blindly follow Barrack Obamas lead.  How can they face their constituants knowing they are putting us in the poor house with this bill.  They better damn well do something to lower everything else, food, interest rates etc.

It is official I hate politics and most of the people involved.   They are nothing but a bunch of butt kissers and liars. 

So Obama promised us he wouldn't raise our taxes, so he is just going to raise our electric bills so we can't pay them.  I'm so mad, i could spit nails.
***(**& :th_gen129:

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 02:19:52 AM »

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 02:40:37 AM »
I couldn't have said it better myself!
She did Gooooooooood  didn't she :th_egypt:

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »
We need to keep a list of these yes voters for the 2010 2012 elections.   Some day maybe people will wake up to the fact that all of these changes cost money and are not free.   But  they can still be sold as no "tax" increase

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 05:09:46 PM »
Here's the final vote for those interested.  The 1/2 cent law enforcement sales tax proposal we've been arguing about for years is mere chump change compared to this monstrosity!  Once again, we've been bent over by our "congressional butt plugs" with little recourse.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20090626/cap-and-trade-vote-results-final.htm

Late Note:  I see that Hastings (D) Florida didn't cast a vote.  I suppose he was too busy out committing another felony.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

Stranger things have happened.

Ask some of your Republican colleagues about how a guy from nowhere with virtually no qualifications managed to defeat Congressman Guy Vander Jagt, a Michigan Republican who was one of the most powerful members of the U.S. House of Representatives, in the primary election for a Congressional district where the election is ALWAYS over in the primary.

The man who defeated him, Pete Hoekstra, was totally unqualified and did a terrible job for a number of years before he finally figured out how to be a congressman. He's now the ranking Republican dealing with intelligence issues and is actually doing a decent job -- but for a long time, people in the Republican caucus were trying to figure out how to force him to keep his own voluntary "term limits" pledge. He's become an asset to the Republicans on some national security issues. However, I still believe most members of a county commission would have been better qualified at the point that he defeated Guy VanderJagt.

Basically Guy VanderJagt got defeated because he didn't do his back-home constituent work as diligently as he should have done it, and was instead focused on some really, really important national political issues that most Republicans in the Reagan Revolution believed were critical to fixing America. And they were right. The problem is that back home in his ultraconservative district, the stuff he was pushing in Washington was just common sense and most people didn't care. So when he cast a few minor votes that antagonized some key leaders, an opponent was able to portray VanderJagt as out of touch with his district, got a lot of money from the "Christian Coalition" wing of the Republican Party, and did a stealth campaign in the churches that basically nuked a sitting congressman who had no idea what hit him until it was too late.

Lesson? Don't forget your district, and don't forget your base of supporters within that district. If you do, it will come back to bite you in the butt, no matter how big you've become.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »
Are you saying this is the first time Ike Skelton has voted on something his constituants did not agree with.  I doubt it, yet he continues to get reelected.  I have always voted for him because he backs FLW, but if I had someone else who I know for a fact has this areas best interest at heart I would change my vote, Dave.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!