Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Right to Bear Arms  (Read 5089 times)

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
Right to Bear Arms
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:07:50 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PHOENIX About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.
Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.
Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
The man with the rifle declined to be identified but told The Arizona Republic that he was carrying the assault weapon because he could. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms," he said.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Right to Bear Arms
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »
I'm gonna wander around outside of a church somewhere with an AR-15 now.

Maybe I will wander around downtown Waynesville with an AR-15 when people are voting the next time we have some sort of ballet casting event...

I wonder how quick I would be arrested if I did that.

Maybe I'll wander around with a gun at Christmas on the Square this year.  Ya know... just in case.

I wonder if these weapons were loaded in Phoenix...

I'll assume they were... even though it will probably end up being the spin on this that was conviently left out. 

Some things are just stupid to do though.  This would be one of them.  Its not very responsible to get together in a group and wander around populated areas with weapons trying to incite unrest.

I'm all for gun rights... but I'm also all about gun responsibility... and it doesn't seem very responsible to me to be out in public playing with your AR-15 to try and prove a point.

Are we going to start acting like Islamic extremists now and start firing our guns off into the air at parties now too?  LOL.  I half expected that to happen in Phoenix.

The way the guy with the AR-15 was dressed reminded me of Malcolm X.  LOL.  I wonder if he was going for that...

PHOENIX About a dozen people carrying guns, including one with a military-style rifle, milled among protesters outside the convention center where President Barack Obama was giving a speech Monday the latest incident in which protesters have openly displayed firearms near the president.
Gun-rights advocates say they're exercising their constitutional right to bear arms and protest, while those who argue for more gun control say it could be a disaster waiting to happen.
Phoenix police said the gun-toters at Monday's event, including the man carrying an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder, didn't need permits. No crimes were committed, and no one was arrested.
The man with the rifle declined to be identified but told The Arizona Republic that he was carrying the assault weapon because he could. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms," he said.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:05:02 AM »

Maybe I will wander around downtown Waynesville with an AR-15 when people are voting the next time we have some sort of ballet casting event...

Maybe I'll wander around with a gun at Christmas on the Square this year.  Ya know... just in case.

I'll assume they were... even though it will probably end up being the spin on this that was conviently left out. 

Some things are just stupid to do though.  This would be one of them.  Its not very responsible to get together in a group and wander around populated areas with weapons trying to incite unrest.

I'm all for gun rights... but I'm also all about gun responsibility... and it doesn't seem very responsible to me to be out in public playing with your AR-15 to try and prove a point.

Are we going to start acting like Islamic extremists now and start firing our guns off into the air at parties now too?  LOL.  I half expected that to happen in Phoenix.

The way the guy with the AR-15 was dressed reminded me of Malcolm X.  LOL.  I wonder if he was going for that...

Please come to my church and try that!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »
Why are people so intimidated by the sight of an EBR or any other gun?  Nothing to get alarmed about in my estimation.  As far as carrying in the open downtown, you should check local ordinances before you do.  Even if legal, the police will most likely try to charge yo uwith disturbing the peace or some other offense since they can't charge you with a weapons offense.  The people in the article were not in the area where the president was.  He was inside and even the SS stated these people constituted no threat to him.  While I would not open carry at such an event, to each his own.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
Are you gonna knock a few of my teeth out as well Mark?

I'm just giving you a simillar scenario Rambo.  Calm down before your blood pressure gets too high.

These people are speaking out against Obama and the current administration... AND they're walking around with firearms... hmmm.  I wonder why someone should be worried...

I would be a bit worried about ANYONE wandering around with a weapon like an AR-15... thats a little bit over-kill don't you think?

Remember some of the people who HAVE guns... they're no exactly sane...

Which reminds me... did you ever get your guns back Mark?  I don't remember if you ever said anything about it again or not...

There isn't anything wrong with owning guns.  I'm all for it.  Though as I said... use some common sense.

Please come to my church and try that!

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 09:06:03 PM »
I stand divided, while Im all for displaying my RTKBA, I wouldnt do it near an event with the president...thats just waiting for negative spin to the leftist media. Im glad nobody has went bezerk yet... but with more anger and upset building, its an unfortunate risk.  Its the whole one bad apple thing.  Obaba and his crew know that LOTS of people own guns.  With recent sales of guns and ll things related, that is hard to miss.  That alone is a clear message.

Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »
 People think he's a gun grabber and their standing up for their rights. I personally have no need for an assault rifle nor would I take any gun near the president. And yes I finally got my gun and CCW back!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 11:11:46 PM »
Glad to hear it Mark.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 12:05:58 AM »

These people are speaking out against Obama and the current administration... AND they're walking around with firearms... hmmm.  I wonder why someone should be worried...

I know you've stated that you are pro gun ownership but your statement above brought this thought to mind: The reason our forefathers thought citizen gun ownership was so important (enough to make it the 2nd amendment) was because they knew the tendency of government to become too big, too powerful and eventually too intrusive.  The 2nd amendment was the founders way of creating a "checks and balances" system to secure and maintain a government "of the people, by the people, for the people" (Lincoln's words, not mine!) and avoid the always impending crisis of tyranny.

I personally think we are currently seeing a reformation and revival (if you will) of many of the ideals our nation's founders were so adamant about.  The idea that we should always be leery of government and their motives is a great one that should be emphasized more than it currently is.  One of the things that personally turns me off about government and politicians (sorry Dave, I know I'm being stereotypical) is this "trust me" attitude.  We are all fallible and shouldn't be surprised when others aren't as convinced of our motives as we are!

The framers of our Constitution had one specific goal and that was liberty.  We, as a nation, have let our freedoms go by the wayside, one by one, until now losing personal freedoms is not only accepted but expected.

I know I've written a book here and could continue rambling but thought I would leave with this quote of one of the great patriots of our nation's history.
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.   Patrick Henry [/]
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »
keep rambling seeg!!

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:45:03 AM »
keep rambling seeg!!

When no one answers you just keep right on talking.  You love to see yourself in print.

Offline Vado Del Rio

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 02:21:19 AM »

Carrying an AR-15 or anything openly in public defies common sense thinking.  We have pretty liberal gun laws in Missouri and all it takes is a hand full of yahoos to ruin it.  My philosophy is not to draw attention to myself.  I carry a 1911 openly but only in uniform, period.  Other than that, you'll never see a firearm on my person even though it's there most of the time....................

Note:  I'm in agreement with you Digital.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 02:23:32 AM »
 I carry my 38 like that guy that took his into the jail (under my belly fat) LOL
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 02:00:44 PM »
Seeg, I agree with the principles you noted.  While I do carry and you won't see it, and I do support open carry, carrying a rifle in a crowd is not what I would do to support the principles you noted.  Yes the government is way too big and getting more intrusive each day.  Vote all incumbents in the federal congress out of office is the second step to stopping the insanity.