Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: czar list  (Read 12910 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
czar list
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:51:20 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

none of these guys have been vetted. (scratch off #22 though)
http://washingtonindependent.com/58274/gop-rep-grabs-czar-list-from-freerepublic   

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: czar list
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
Not vetted, but we the people are paying these people lots of money and they are not even constitutionally authorized.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »
Totally not like those benign Bush Czars, which included:

* Cyber Security Czar
    * Regulatory Czar
    * AIDS Czar
    * Bird Flu Czar
    * Intelligence Czar
    * Health IT Czar
    * Katrina Czar
    * Manufacturing Czar
    * Drug Czar
    * Domestic Policy Czar
    * War Czar
    * Copywright Czar
    * Abstinence Czar
    * Mine Safety Czar
    * Latin American Czar
    * WTO Health Czar
    * Corruption Czar
    * Privacy Czar
    * Health Czar
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »
HE didn't attempt to take over the entire country and make us into a government controlled society where the govt makes all the decisions for the citizens.  Your beloved is doing just that.  Took over the MSM, Auto industry, Banks and now healthcare.  A clean sweep for a bloodless coup.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
He wanted to fill the intelligence czar position but there were not any qualified democrates :OOO_TH_1555:

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »
ya got some names for those "19" czars?  how do you know those posts were even filled?

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 01:59:43 AM »
I know because I don't have my head up my ass like you paranoid chicken little freaks.  Look out!  Obama is using Grey Poupon!  OH NO he appointed czars and Bush never did that!

The barrell bottom feeders are so pathetic.  First its OH NO Obama is circumventing the Constitution by appointing czars!

Oh wait, Bush did it too?

Oh wait, OH NO Obama is doing it to take over the world, and did Bush fill all of those posts?

Pathetic.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 02:04:46 AM »
can't answer eh? more liberal fake outrage?

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
I know because I don't have my head up my ass like you paranoid chicken little freaks.  Look out!  Obama is using Grey Poupon!  OH NO he appointed czars and Bush never did that!

The barrell bottom feeders are so pathetic.  First its OH NO Obama is circumventing the Constitution by appointing czars!

Oh wait, Bush did it too?

Oh wait, OH NO Obama is doing it to take over the world, and did Bush fill all of those posts?

Pathetic.
I'll bet $10 to your $1 that in 4 years you won't even admit voting for him!
"I love my country... it's just the government I fear!"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
there is a lot of voter remorse now.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »
You watch FauxNews, and like a parrot, go running your mouth like it means anything.
During the Bush years, he couldn't appoint enough czars for FauxNews.

Now FauxNews tells you to think it is unconstitutional, and like the brainless twits you are, you repeat every word like a good zombie.

O'Reilly called for  appointment of "immigration czar" and other czars during Bush  administration  O'Reilly called for  appointment of "immigration czar" in 2002. From the March 13, 2002, edition of  The O'Reilly Factor (Nexis  transcript):   O'REILLY: The Immigration and  Naturalization agency has approved student visas for Mohammed Atta and Marwan  al-Shehhi. Of course, both terrorists are dead, killed in the 9/11 sneak  attacks. But the INS, six months after these notorious terrorists made the front  pages, deemed to send them approval for their student visa applications. The  approvals were to attend flights schools.
So why did 9/11 happen? Well,  you can lay part of that right on the doorstep of the  INS.
President Bush is said to be  furious. His administration is roundly embarrassed. But being furious is not  enough. INS boss James Ziegler, a Bush appointee, should be immediately fired,  and that organization should be reorganized and placed under the jurisdiction of  the White House itself.
A presidential counsel should  be appointed immigration czar and clean out the INS once and for all. This  pitiful government agency has put all of us in danger. It simply does not  perform, and all the excuses in the world don't cut it. Shut it down, start  again. The INS is a dangerous  failure.   O'Reilly called for  "charity czar" in 2001. From the October 21, 2001, edition of The O'Reilly Factor (Nexis  transcript):   O'REILLY: Some progress in  getting donations to the families of the terror victims. Four weeks after THE  FACTOR began investigating, "The New York Times" reported the story in its  Sunday edition. "The Times" documented the problems getting the $1.2 billion now  collected to the suffering families. Said "The Times," "What has not been  provided is a simple, comprehensive way for families to apply for the full range  of help. The experience of dealing with the hundreds of charitable agencies and  funds can be maddening."
Well, that's what we've been  saying for weeks. We're happy "The Times" has joined the  chorus.
And Talking Points is happy  to tell you some things are getting better. The Red Cross is now committed to  distributing most of the $530 million it has collected for the families, but not  all of it. We'll tell you about that tomorrow.
[...]
So things are moving in the  right direction, but are still far too chaotic. Talking Points continues to ask  for the appointment of a charity czar to coordinate all the money and  organizations.   In 2001, O'Reilly also  called for "disaster relief victims family czar" to oversee disbursement of  charity funds to disaster victims. From the October 4, 2001, edition of The O'Reilly Factor (Nexis  transcript):   O'REILLY: Yeah, the  individual charities may have oversight within themselves, but Spitzer, the  attorney general of New  York, he doesn't have it together. Giuliani doesn't have  it together here. And there's nobody at the federal level watching these private  charities right now.
DANIEL BOROCHOFF (president of the American Institute of Philanthropy): Well,  I think by having the informational data base for all the victims, at least we  can keep track of who is getting what for the 6,000, 6,000 deaths and the 8,000  injuries.
O'REILLY: Is that up and  running?
BOROCHOFF: But the Red Cross  doesn't want to participate in it...
O'REILLY: Yeah, that's right.  You see, you're making my point. They -- there's no coordinated effort. There  should be somebody appointed...
BOROCHOFF: Well, I wouldn't  say no. There's some, but we could have more,  certainly.
O'REILLY: Yeah, there should  be somebody appointed by the federal government, a disaster  relief victims family czar, to do it.
BOROCHOFF: Well, you've got  FEMA, FEMA is involved. But, you know, keep in mind, you know, you want -- the  government has it's own, has it's own efforts going on at the federal, state and  municipal level, and the nonprofit sector is  smaller.   O'Reilly repeated call  for "charity czar" in 2002. From the June 11, 2002, edition of The O'Reilly Factor (Nexis  transcript):   O'REILLY: Let me repeat the  most important points. Only 29 cents on the donated dollar has reached the 9/11  families, and almost a billion dollars is sitting in the bank with no future  designation.
The Washington Post has also  discovered some lunacy. For example, The New York Times set up a fund after  9/11, and $25,000 of that went to the Jewish Museum of New York for a program on  tolerance for Islam.
"Talking Points" once again  is asking our federal government to get involved here. Obviously there's an  accountability problem with all the money, and obviously the IRS can't handle  the situation. And while some charities are doing the right thing, others are  not. There's no doubt that some of your donated money is being  misspent.
It's time for Congress to act  and for the president to appoint a charity czar to oversee the  money and hold the charities accountable.
This is an enormous problem  and one that must be corrected.  Transcripts  From the August 31 edition of Fox News'  The O'Reilly  Factor:   INGRAHAM:  When Barack Obama and the Democrats swept into office in November, they did so  on this nebulous promise of change and a desire to remake America. Republicans  were told by the elites on the right and the left that they were on the verge of  becoming a permanent minority party if they didn't moderate their views and,  frankly, become more relevant. The country was moving, you see, away from the  old ideals of Reagan conservatism, and so should the  GOP.
Well, smart conservatives  weren't buying this. They said, look, wait and see what this crowd does with the  country, then talk to me about moving to the left. Well, Americans have seen now  seven months of far-left government in action. What does that mean? Massive  spending programs, Washington's takeover of the auto companies, the perpetual  apology tour overseas, dozens of unelected czars with  unchecked power, and my favorite, cash for clunkers. All of these have been  total failures.   From the September 3 edition of The O'Reilly  Factor:   INGRAHAM: Angela, go ahead.
McGLOWAN: There you go. With -- No. 1, Bush protected this country.  Have you seen an attack on our homeland since Bush was president and he has  protected this country? And I think what Obama is doing, dealing with the CIA  and letting everything out, is putting us at risk, No.  1.
No. 2, the reason why we have  a job problem right now is because of Obama's stimulus package, where the  unemployment has gone up. He said that a stimulus package would create jobs, but  no, it has gone up.
No. 2, people like this czar goes against the  Constitution. You have Cabinet members that are supposed to report to the  president. What are we, in Russia having -- having czars?
And secondly, people like  this guy, they use the race card, Laura. They use the race card to cause more  racial division in this country.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
I don't think these guys work for fox; still can't come up with 19 names, eh?

Congressman wants all 'czars' to testify
The Hill ^ | 9/9/09 | Jordan Fabian

Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) on Wednesday called for President Obama's "czars," or appointed high-level advisers, to testify before Congress about their "authority and responsibilities" in the executive branch.

The president's "czars" have become a point of controversy among his opponents because they do not have to be confirmed by the Senate as cabinet-level officials do.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Legislation introduced to ban 'czars'
The Hill ^

Legislation introduced to ban 'czars' By Eric Zimmermann - 09/09/09 10:41 AM ET

House Republicans have introduced legislation to stop the proliferation of so-called "czars".

Introduced by Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), the "Czar Accountability and Reform Act," which you can read here, would prevent funding for any office headed by an "individual who has been inappropriately appointed to such position...without the advice and consent of the Senate."

The controversy over appointed czars flared up in recent weeks when Republicans took aim at Van Jones, Obama's "Green Jobs Czar," who had made a number of controversial statements before being appointed to his position. Jones resigned over the weekend.

Kingston's legislation has gathered 50 co-sponsors so far, all Republicans.

The bill complements a request by Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) to have all czars testify before Congress about their responsibilities.

Boren says Congress should push for removal of unconfirmed "czars"

09/10/2009 6:42:59 PM PDT · by deks · 18 replies · 499+ views
Tulsa World ^ | 9-8-09 | Jim Myers
U.S. Rep. Dan Boren said Congress should use the power of the purse to push the Obama administration to remove so-called czars that do not go through a confirmation process. Boren joined others in criticizing the growing trend to name czars to lead efforts in specific areas. Such officials do not go through oversight hearings or a confirmation vote in the Senate. Boren referred to them as unelected bureaucrats who do not answer to lawmakers. Even though such czars do not go through a confirmation process, Boren cited the “authority’’ that came along with the congressional control over the power...

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »

Now FauxNews tells you to think it is unconstitutional, and like the brainless twits you are, you repeat every word like a good zombie.

Boy, your false sense of keyboard bravado has really gotten to you.  It's amazing how tough some try to appear sitting naked in their living room eating Cheetos.  Try to keep the orange off yourself, k?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
winston still has to rely on name calling when he has nothing. I wish I could watch fox news as much as he does.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
winston still has to rely on name calling when he has nothing. I wish I could watch fox news as much as he does.
Funny thing about it is I NEVER watch Fox News.  I consider myself intelligent enough that I can view what many would consider the "liberal media" and realize bias.  In fact, I get my national news from MSNBC and have really been impressed with the fact that they really do give both sides to the story.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »
It is scary though that Fox always seems to get to the bottom of a story that no one else even reports on until its over and Fox has been proven correct.

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
It is scary though that Fox always seems to get to the bottom of a story that no one else even reports on until its over and Fox has been proven correct.
Don't get me wrong... I have nothing AGAINST Fox News.  However, I do think many of their "conservative" show hosts try to "peacock" and dramatize a little too much for my tastes.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »
I watch both lib news and fox news and make my own opinions. 

So...thats how I got orange stuff all over myself.... I was waiting on obamacare so I can get it treated.... now I know....

I am starting to go for pro -free health care....quit my job, get paid disability get food stamps, free health....if you cant beat them join them!
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »
(I really am not pro free anything) nothing is free...its all at the expense of others and I dont like being "others"
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
I bought two 12 packs of Bud Light and some snacks and this got me a free $20 gift certificate.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline LarryG

• 4 gold stars
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
Boy, your false sense of keyboard bravado has really gotten to you.  It's amazing how tough some try to appear sitting naked in their living room eating Cheetos.  Try to keep the orange off yourself, k?

I don't care who you are that is funny.
well said seeg 103

Offline Seeg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

I don't care who you are that is funny.

:th_thicon_super:

Offline SilverFox

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
winston you never cease to amaze me, judging from your ranting and raving on the majority of your post I have always figured you had your head up your, oh I want say it. Lets just say your head is where it is hard to figure out how you breath.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 01:55:28 AM »
Are you trying to say where the sun don't shine or in the samd, Bill64?  Both are certainly appropriate.  Still waiting for those 19 names winston.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 03:14:24 AM »
Funny thing about it is I NEVER watch Fox News.  I consider myself intelligent enough that I can view what many would consider the "liberal media" and realize bias.  In fact, I get my national news from MSNBC and have really been impressed with the fact that they really do give both sides to the story.
dont let Rush here ya say that

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 03:22:29 AM »

Wish Upon a Czar
In the face of disastrous policies and administrative incompetence,  president Bush has an answer every time: Appoint a new "czar."
Steve Benen | May 9, 2007 | web only
      When it comes to food safety and public health, it's been a rough spring. Just over the last several weeks, highly publicized E. coli outbreaks, poisoned pet food, and other bacterial contaminations have undermined the public's confidence in the monitoring of the nation's food supply. Worse, these problems have led to the deaths of three people and possibly hundreds of pets, and many more illnesses.  President Bush, however, has a plan. He could, of course, endorse stronger federal regulations, or perhaps commit to improving a flailing Food and Drug Administration that, by its own admission, has known about domestic contamination problems for a while now but insists it's too overwhelmed to act. But the president prefers a different tack: He has appointed a new "food safety czar."
Last week, the administration announced that Dr. David W.K. Acheson, who had been the chief medical officer at the FDA's food safety center, would immediately assume the responsibilities of the newly-created position. Acheson vowed to quickly evaluate how the FDA identifies at-risk food products for closer inspection. "We're in the process of re-examining that whole scenario," he said.
In isolation, this announcement may help reassure those Americans who eat food. But the decision fits into a familiar and not-so-distinguished pattern for the Bush administration. First: A public policy controversy erupts, usually as the result of administration incompetence, hackery, or both. Second: The public demands swift action to address the concern. Third: The president creates a new "czar."
Invariably, this White House response turns out to have rather little to do with addressing the problem and almost everything to do with public relations. It's reminiscent of the episode of "The Simpsons" in which Springfield Mayor Joe Quimby, confronted with a local crisis, announced the creation of a "blue-ribbon commission." One character responded earnestly, "Did he say a blue-ribbon commission?" -- prompting another to say, "Well, you can't do any better than that!"
Instead of a useless committee, with his constant stream of new policy "czars" the president creates managerial positions of dubious utility. Bush, after all, already has a massive federal bureaucracy, with agencies and officials in place to address policy problems. But as our MBA President sees it, when those officials fail, there's no reason to replace them with someone better or rethink a policy approach -- it simply means it's time to add a new layer of upper management. It gives the appearance of progress without actually having to achieve any results.
When it comes to monitoring the food supply, the Bush administration already relies on the FDA and the Department of Agriculture. As recent controversies have helped demonstrate, both have been ineffective of late. Of course, to follow the White House's reasoning, the problem isn't outdated models for food safety, but rather, the lack of a czar to oversee those outdated models for food safety.
It's a familiar tactic with this crew: 
  • In 2001, with escalating concerns about possible attacks on our information technology infrastructure, Bush named a "cybersecurity czar."   In 2003, the president's desire to help his corporate benefactors led to the creation of a "regulatory czar" at the Office of Management and Budget. Around the same time, Bush named his first "AIDS Czar." (He didn't choose wisely -- Bush tapped Randall Tobias, the administration's former top advocate of global abstinence-only policies, who was recently forced to resign after procuring "massages" from a controversial Washington escort service.)   In 2004, faced with growing discontent over the nation's struggling manufacturing industries, Bush appointed a "manufacturing czar." (He chose the chief executive of a Nebraska company that had laid off manufacturing employees and built factories in China.)   2005 was a banner year for czars. In February, Bush responded to revelations about failed national security intelligence by creating an "intelligence czar." Shortly thereafter, we had a "bird-flu czar." A few months after that, following the tragically botched handling of the response to Hurricane Katrina, there was a "Katrina czar."
It's become a common enough strategy to become the butt of jokes. Newsweek satirist Andy Borowitz recently suggested that the White House needs a "lying czar" to "oversee all distortions and misrepresentations." 
Perhaps the most startling -- and revealing -- position on the White House's wish list is the creation of a "war czar," a position which reportedly would be responsible for coordinating intelligence and military policy in Iraq and Afghanistan. (As The Daily Show's Jon Stewart recently joked, "So there you have it folks -- five years into the global war on terror, the president believes it is now time for someone to be in charge of it.")
The fact that the administration would even admit to desiring such a position defies comprehension. The federal government already has a Defense Secretary, Secretary of State, and National Security Agency. Indeed, Bush already employs National Security Advisor Stephen J. Hadley, whose job sounds eerily similar to that of the unfilled "war czar" position.
It all begins to resemble rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. When it comes to food safety, having an FDA commissioner isn't enough; we also need a "food-safety czar." Faced with the threat of an avian-flu outbreak, having a director of the Center for Disease Control isn't enough; we also need a "bird-flu czar." When it comes to losing manufacturing jobs, having a Secretary of Labor isn't enough; we also need a "manufacturing czar." The underlying problems remain the same, and the president's policies are unchanged, but now there are additional managers in place -- so the public is supposed to feel better.
As it turns out, the administration appears to have gone to the well one too many times. At least three retired four-star generals have been approached by the White House about the "war czar" job, and all declined -- including retired Army General Jack Keane, who directly helped shape the president's current policy in Iraq. "The very fundamental issue is, they don't know where the hell they're going," said retired Marine General John J. "Jack" Sheehan, a former top NATO commander who was approached about the position.
Given the number of "czar" titles created by the White House, it's a quote with broad applicability.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »
winston you never cease to amaze me, judging from your ranting and raving on the majority of your post I have always figured you had your head up your, oh I want say it. Lets just say your head is where it is hard to figure out how you breath.
  if you click the blue links it goes to the story about the czar mentioned..you'll prolly have to pull your h... never mind just open your eyes and do alittle research before you trash someone because you dont happen to agree with there post..at least winston post something to back his statements with, other then just running your mouths like a few unnamed propaganda specialists do

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 03:37:24 AM »
Date: 2009-08-31, 1:31AM EDT
  Reply To This Post   

Donald E. Powell.
Oh, sorry that was Bush’s Czar to Rebuild Gulf Coast; see http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/01/us/01p

John P. Walters.
Oops, that was one of Bush's Drug Czars; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Wal

Karen Hughes.
No, that was Bush's Public Diplomacy Czar; see http://diplomacy.foreignpolicyblogs.com/

Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute.
Bush's 'War Czar' -- see http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=317664

Then there's Bush's 'Copyright Czar' -- see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,233
And Bush's Spy Czar -- see http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/09/
And Bush's Heath Czar -- see http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/wash
And Bush's Privacy Czar -- see http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/art
And Bush's Corruption Czar -- see remarks of White House spokesman Scott Stanzel http://www.californiachronicle.com/artic

Randall Tobias.
Bush's AIDS Czar. See http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/

Dr. Mark Dybul.
Bush's other AIDS Czar. See http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpoli

Richard Stickler.
Bush's Mine Safety Czar -- see http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/edit

John Negroponte.
Bush's Intelligence Czar -- see http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnfl

Otto Reich.
Bush's Latin America czar -- see http://thegully.com/essays/US/politics/0

Carlton Turner.
Oops, that was Reagan's Drug Czar -- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_Czar

David Stockman.
Oh no, that was Reagan's Budget Czar -- see http://www.thedeal.com/dealscape/2009/01… and http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/busine

In 1992 during the Bush 41 administration, the right wing Heritage Foundation called for a "NAFTA Czar" -- http://www.heritage.org/Research/tradean

Glen Beck isn't very good at counting czars. He missed at least half of Reagan's czars and only found 4 of Bush 43 czars. See http://glennbeck.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/

Hope this helps you understand about government 'Czars.' Oh but did you really want to understand, or did you want ammunition instead of context?

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 03:45:24 AM »
Czars in America!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009

By Jean Hayworth

The Obama administration has just appointed another Czar – Kenneth Feinberg, as the Compensation Czar. Feinberg took care of the disbursement of funds to 9/11 victims by personally reviewing each claim and then allocating funds totaling more than seven billion. In the new position, Feinberg is directed to ensure that companies receiving federal bailout funds are abiding by executive pay guidelines.

The Czar position did not originate in the government but has become popularized by the press. For instance, the “U.S. Coordinator for the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction” has been dubbed by the press as the WMD Czar. This was a position recommended by the 9/11 Commission as an interagency coordinator that would conduct oversight. The man selected is Gary Samore.
The Czar position can be a “hatchet person” who has to make some unpleasant decisions that others have been unwilling or unable to make, which makes them irrelevant. The question is, why pay both positions?
In addition, a Czar has cross-functional power and authority by gathering information from several departments and agencies and then recommend actions to be taken and in most cases, answers only to the President.
Of course, this is not a new concept. President Nixon was the first with an Energy Czar back when the country had that other oil crisis in 1974.
Something that began as the Office of Energy Policy evolved into the Department of Energy. William Simon and later John Love held that position.

Everyone can see how well that worked out over the last 35 years and now our taxes are paying for a Secretary of Energy and an Energy Czar, Carol Browner, who ran the EPA during the Clinton administration.
I would say that the Secretary of Energy is now irrelevant and that department could be slashed, saving the taxpayer millions of dollars.
Next came the Reagan administration, in 1982, and the appointment of a Drug Czar, recommended by Joe Biden, who is given credit for coining the title, Drug Czar. The Clinton and Bush II administrations both continued the Drug Czar position. The Obama appointee for that position is Gil Kerlikowske.
Clinton also appointed an AIDS Czar during his presidency.
Bush II continued with a Drug Czar and then added a Cybersecurity Czar in 2001, a Regulatory Czar in 2003 along with another AIDS Czar. Bush also added a Faith-based Czar.
In 2004, Bush appointed a Manufacturing Czar. Then in 2005, Bush added a Katrina Czar, a Bird Flu Czar, an Intelligence Czar, a Copyright Czar and finally a War Czar in 2007.
Also, with the disbursement of the TARP funds, Bush appointed a TARP Czar.
Twelve Czars without a word or a flap. Amazing how that was overlooked.
In addition to filling most of the twelve that were already functioning from the Bush administration, the Obama administration added or renamed another eight to handle specific problems that have arisen.
Remember, the economy is in the toilet and we have this war in Iraq and now the re-emergence of conflict in Afghanistan. North Korea has raised its ugly head and Pakistan is on a precipice.
In a democracy, government is “of the people, by the people and for the people.”
Our government is supposed to work for the general welfare of all the people. Not exactly a concept remembered by greedy Wall Street functionaries, Washington lobbyist or congressmen who are too concerned with getting re-elected then serving the people who put them there.
Spending certainly was not curtailed during the last eight years, debt doubled, and borrowing was out of control and now we have become a debtor nation, owing billions to China, Japan and a host of other countries.
Case in point: For the past 20 years, the Wall Street Casino indulged in monetary operations without regard to sound financial reasoning and were carried out by the greedy traders, corporate executives and lobbyists with outrageous amounts of money flung around in all directions.
Oversight by our elected representatives and senators was non-existent while everyone looked the other way and did not function. Maybe they are irrelevant and need to be replaced.
We may not like the title of Czar, so think of it as a special assistant to the president, because that is what they really are and every president has had them for special responsibilities as the need required.
The current special assistants to the president (Czars) include:
*Border Czar - Alan Bersin
*Energy Czar - Carol Browner
Urban Czar - Adolfo Carrion Jr., directed to deal with issues effecting cities
*Cybersecurity and Information Czar - Vivek Kundra, who is teamed up with Aneesh Chopra and Jeffrey Zients; the trio is tasked with setting technology policy across the government and using technology to improve security, lower costs and streamlining government operations.
Health Reform Czar - Nancy Ann DeParle
*Drug Czar - Gil Kerlikowske
Non-Proliferation Czar - Gary Samore
Terrorism Czar - John Brennan
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs Czar - Cass Sunstan
Guantanamo Closure Czar - Daniel Fried
Defacto Car Czar - Steve Rattner
*Intelligence Czar - Dennis Blair
Iran Czar - Dennis Ross, improve U.S.-Iranian relations.
*AIDS Czar - Jeff Crowley
Economic Czar - Paul Volcker
Chief Performance Czar - Nancy Killefer, directed to make government programs more efficient.
*TARP Czar - Herb Allison
New Stimulus Accountability Czar - Earl Devaney
*Faith-based Czar - Joshua Dubois (created by Bush), the group is generating policy recommendations on domestic poverty, responsible fatherhood, reducing the need for abortions and preventing unintended pregnancy.
Putting all of that in the proper perspective, what is the projected outcome from the special assistants to the president? It may be that stream-ling government operations may occur saving the taxpayer money.
Maybe some good ideas will be formulated by the “Czars.”
Think of them as someone who has been directed to look at a problem from several directions and come up with a recommended solution or action.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »
Did you double space on the Bush Czars to make it look like more.  At is still half the Czars that Obama has assigned.  Over 40 for Obama Over 20 for Bush.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!