Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: LEAKED NETWORK MEMO REVEALS: Obama Controls Your Television Set  (Read 4898 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
LEAKED NETWORK MEMO REVEALS: Obama Controls Your Television Set
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

On September 10th of this year the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) posted a press release informing the world that “from October 19-25, more than 60 network TV shows [will] spotlight the power and personal benefits of service,” and that this “unprecedented block of TV programming is the first wave of a multi-year ‘I Participate’ campaign.”
On its face this all sounds rather benign in that silly, liberal do-gooder kind of way. The networks have launched these kinds of campaigns before and other than some clunky exposition awkwardly inserted into your favorite show to meet the mandate — no harm, no foul.
But this year there are a couple new strangers in town: “Volunteerism” and “Service.” You’ve heard of them. Their names have been bandied everywhere since President Obama took office, and this internal memo from the EIF to network showrunners obtained by Big Hollywood shows that the entertainment industry is well acquainted and eager to introduce both to as vast an audience as possible

Like the NEA story, once again we see the same buzzwords pop up; suggested topics pitched to an overwhelmingly left-of-center group: Education, health, environment, the economy and lastly — almost as an afterthought as some kind of “bi-partisan” cover – support for military families.
We’ll have to wait until next week to see what effect this initiative will have on the 60 television (and news) programs in question, but thanks to the intrepid Patrick Courrielche and Stage Right, today we can answer the simple question of…
“What’s wrong with this?”
Doing the work the Kamikaze Media (many of whom are participating in this event rather than digging for the story) refuses, and with the help of Big Government’s Dana Loesch, Patrick and Stage Right have discovered that when it comes to this White House – whether it’s the NEA conference calls or EIF’s iParticipate programming — all roads funnel into one place: online volunteer portals, including Serve.gov, where if you plug in “health care” all kinds of Planned Parenthood openings pop up along with a video dispelling those ugly “myths” knocking ObamaCare.
There’s scarier stuff, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise. *cough*Trutherism*cough*
We’ll start with Stage Right. Next week, tens, if not hundreds of millions of Americans, will be urged through the (ab)use of public airwaves to log on to the EIF iParticipate site and volunteer. Stage Right will give you a preview of what the unsuspecting and well-intentioned, including your children, will find.
If you’re thinking it’s all about “Meals on Wheels,” think again.
From there, Patrick Courrielche will describe how this EIF initiative fits into a broader White House plan, including the push to politicize the NEA, to redefine “art” as “service” and engage an all too compliant news, entertainment, and artistic community to start a volunteer army through these online portals.
First the NEA, now the EIF…
Starting to notice a pattern?
PART II: Search and Ye Shall Find…Left-Wing Advocacy
PART III: Serve.gov or Serf.dom?
MORE: List of ‘Organically’ Created iParticipate Television Programs

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2009/10/15/leaked-memo-reveals-the-white-house-has-control-of-your-television-set/

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
Re: LEAKED NETWORK MEMO REVEALS: Obama Controls Your Television Set
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
Buffalo chips, My wife controls the TV set. She has the remote and not even George Patton could get it away from her. She said you have been watching too much "twilight  Zone" on TV.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:05 PM »

WASHINGTON —  President Bush challenged the nation Monday to rekindle the volunteer spirit it had after the worst terrorist attacks in U.S. history, when people rushed to help others however they could.

"The truth of the matter is, the farther we've gotten away from 9/11, that memory has begun to fade," Bush told an audience of volunteers on the South Lawn.

"And some are saying, 'Well maybe I don't need to volunteer. Maybe the crisis has passed.' The aftermath of 9/11 isn't nearly as intense as it was," Bush said. "My call to people is, there's always a need. You should be volunteering not because of 9/11; you should be volunteering because our country needs you."

Bush spent most of his comments praising the strength of volunteerism around the country. But his call to service, coming on the week of the seventh anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, underscored worries that volunteering can tend to drop off after big tragedies.

The White House event also gave Bush a platform to tout what aides say is a little-known part of his legacy.

In 2002, Bush created USA Freedom Corps, a program that helps connect people to volunteer opportunities. It also helps bolster the many national service programs that existed before he took office. Since then, the White House says, the number of volunteers has jumped by more than 1 million people.

Bush's support for a variety of volunteer efforts is a message the White House wants to get out — particularly in the context of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Just one day earlier, the presidential candidate from Bush's own party, Sen. John McCain, essentially pointed blame at Bush on the very topic.

"I think one of the biggest mistakes that we ever made after 9/11, we told Americans, go shopping or take a trip," McCain said. "We should have said, OK, you're going to be part of a large group of Americans, the majority of Americans who are going to serve the country. And we're going to find ways for you to serve."

It appeared to be an allusion to an oft-mentioned speech Bush gave in Chicago about two weeks after the terrorist attacks, when the president told the public: "Get on board. Do your business around the country. Fly and enjoy America's great destination spots. Get down to Disney World in Florida."

The White House says Bush talked a lot at the time about the need for volunteerism, not just commerce. In his 2002 State of the Union address, he made a request that he repeated on the warm South Lawn on Monday: each person should serve about two years of their lives helping neighbors in need.

The president said that's a lot to give over the course of a lifetime, but that those who do it end up as enriched as those they help.

He also reminded people of a point he made in his first inaugural address in 2001 — that Americans should be "citizens, not spectators."

When George Bush accepted the Republican nomination for President in 1988, he voiced his desire to see "a thousand points of light" in America. Many Americans wondered what he meant.

The phrase points of light," he later explained, referred to the spirit of volunteerism, the idea of individuals serving their communities. And, indeed, President Bush has made volunteerism a major theme of his administration.

Why, suddenly, is volunteerism so important? Experts say the President's reasons go beyond mere "do-goodism." Government budget problems limit the resources he can give to social programs. As a result, the government must make do with what it has--at a time when social problems are getting worse (see Databank, page 3). Bush's only hope-short of raising more federal funds through taxes, something he pledged not to do-is to fill the gap with unpaid volunteers.

'GET INVOLVED'

He has tried to do that by repeatedly encouraging Americans to get involved in their communities. Last April, Bush established a "National Volunteer Week" and set a goal for Americans to increase their number of volunteer hours by 15 percent within four years. In June, he visited a homeless shelter in New York City and told business leaders to "Make service central to your life and work. " In November, he visited a children's hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.

At each stop Bush was accompanied by his wife, Barbara. A lifelong volunteer, the First Lady has worked for literacy programs, the handicapped, and many other causes. Her dedicated service has strongly influenced the President's thinking.

WASHINGTON — In the annals of State of the Union addresses, 2002 will be remembered as the year President Bush warned of an “axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world.” But 2002 was also the year Mr. Bush offered a grand domestic vision: to create “a new culture of responsibility” in America.

Mr. Bush asked Americans to devote at least two years — 4,000 hours — of their lives to public service. He promised to expand AmeriCorps, the so-called domestic Peace Corps, and double the size of the Peace Corps itself. To coordinate those efforts, and promote volunteerism, he created a new arm of the White House, the USA Freedom Corps, and put a top aide, John M. Bridgeland, in charge.

“This time of adversity offers a unique moment of opportunity — a moment we must seize to change our culture,” Mr. Bush said then.

President Obama will be at Texas A&M University to attend a community service forum Friday hosted by one of his Republican predecessors, former President George H.W. Bush.

The two leaders will meet at Bush's presidential library to celebrate almost two decades of work from the Points of Light Institute, which was founded with Bush's encouragement in 1990 to "encourage and empower the spirit of service," according to the group's Web site.

The Institute takes its name from Bush's 1989 inaugural address, where he referenced "a thousand points of light ... all the community organizations that are spread like stars throughout the nation, doing good."

"Our government can help to rebuild our economy ... [but] we need Americans willing to mentor our eager young children or care for the sick or ease the strains of deployment on our military families," Obama said when signing the bill into law.

"All that's required on your part is a willingness to make a difference. And that is, after all, the beauty of service. Anybody can do it."

The law created four new national service corps and launched several other initiatives, including a "Summer of Service" program to spur greater community outreach by middle- and high-school students. Older Americans were encouraged to volunteer more through the creation of a "Silver Scholars" program, under which individuals 55 and older who perform 350 hours of service receive a $1,000 award.

The law increased the existing AmeriCorps educational stipend offered to volunteers to $5,350, the same amount as the maximum Pell college grant.

Some critics have contended that the measure, expected to cost roughly $6 billion over the next five years, is fiscally irresponsible in light of the current economic downturn. They also argue that the concept of volunteerism is undermined by providing financial compensation for community service.

Points of Light Institute CEO Michelle Nunn, however, praised the legislation for encouraging people to "volunteer their time and talents to positively impact the nation's largest problems."

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
Sorry Fish, this is almost something the Foil Hat wearers would come up with. I can remember back when during the regan era, there were commercials all about JUST SAY NO, and during every presidency there has been some sort of message, I remember as a Kid, Kennedy and Johnson were big on the Children Fitness thing. I think Bush SR was too and used Arnold Swartznigger as a spokesman for  it.

Now Obama is telling us to volenteer stuff. Damn him. Spewing christian values at us.....what oh oh um......
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
Sorry Fish, this is almost something the Foil Hat wearers would come up with. I can remember back when during the regan era, there were commercials all about JUST SAY NO, and during every presidency there has been some sort of message, I remember as a Kid, Kennedy and Johnson were big on the Children Fitness thing. I think Bush SR was too and used Arnold Swartznigger as a spokesman for  it.

Now Obama is telling us to volenteer stuff. Damn him. Spewing christian values at us.....what oh oh um......

He only get's fake angry when some conservative tells him to, otherwise, not a peep.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
I wouldn't call volunteerism a "Christian Value."  When you look around...really look around and see an elderly neighbor with some limbs down in her yard, or have a few neighbors who need checked on before or after a storm, or just litter on the side of a road you normally travel or finding a home for a stray animal...those are things that only take a few minutes of our time.  You don't have to coach little league or join the peace corps.  You can do as much or more and help others more by doing one small deed per day than most organizations do in a year.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:12 AM »
maybe click on the links?

I am all for people helping people. it is the right thing to do. but after all the damage nobama has done to this country, and keeps trying to do more, I believe he does not have the welfare of Americans at heart.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:09:35 AM »
Then I would suggest you go out and help someone to make the world a better place..a thousand points of light is a  place to start, right?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »
I already do. perhaps you do the same?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:23:04 AM »
perhaps I do...and possibly even for people you know...

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 02:24:19 AM »
and perhaps i may soon ask you and your friends for some help...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:33:15 AM »
maybe click on the links?

I am all for people helping people. it is the right thing to do. but after all the damage nobama has done to this country, and keeps trying to do more, I believe he does not have the welfare of Americans at heart.

You also believe Jesus rode a brontosaurus, but Christians who believe in faith healing their sick child to death are crazy.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 02:44:09 AM »
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »
Blasphemy
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 05:16:09 PM »

That's blasphemous, putting your country before personal greed. LOL
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
show me where I posted I believe Jesus rode a brontosaurus!

more lies winston? having trouble with facts so you have to manufacture your own?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
I wouldn't call 22 years of military service blasphemy. I suppose you can though.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »
I wouldn't call 22 years of military service blasphemy. I suppose you can though.
You need to lighten up Fish, that was a joke
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
I got it just fine Taz.  We have been there and done for our country.  All gave some, some gave all.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 10:47:40 PM »
And you no doubt got quite a bit back also.  You didn't join up for free.

I appreciate our troops just as much as anyone else but come on... that argument is a cop out.

I got it just fine Taz.  We have been there and done for our country.  All gave some, some gave all.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
You used to agree with Marks weird Answers in Genesis stuff... that's where that comes from...

Are you getting senile?

show me where I posted I believe Jesus rode a brontosaurus!

more lies winston? having trouble with facts so you have to manufacture your own?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:53 AM »
show me where I agreed Jesus rode a brotosaurus. winston hasn't, you won't be able to either.

I am getting flinstone flashbacks!

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »
Fish, how old is the universe, in your opinion?

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
show me where I agreed Jesus rode a brotosaurus. winston hasn't, you won't be able to either.

I am getting flinstone flashbacks!

You always pull the "show me where" crap when backed into a corner, the same with your racist posts.

So answer:

How old is the earth?

Did humans and dinosaurs co-exist at the same time?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
let's see the racists post also winston. what is wrong with asking you to show me? because you can't. just more manufactured bs from winston.

I don't know and really don't care how old the earth is.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
Oh yea?  You don't care how old the Earth is?

So, I guess Evolution IS possible in the world of fish... ya know... since the Earth could actually BE millions of years old... yea?

let's see the racists post also winston. what is wrong with asking you to show me? because you can't. just more manufactured bs from winston.

I don't know and really don't care how old the earth is.

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »
The scientific age 4.5 billion.  Bible roughly 8,000. That’s by counting generations in the bible.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »
The question should be, do we study the history of the last 4,500,000,000 years or repeat the mistakes of the last 8,000 years, because we were told to?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »
the age of the earth is irrevelant to the theory of evolution. evolution isn't a logical explanation of how we got here.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 02:36:33 AM »
The age of the earth is very relevant to evolution. If the universe is 7 or 8,000 years old then evolution must be wrong. If the universe is several billions of years old or maybe much more then evolution is possible. If the age is infinity,  then anything that is remotely possible has happened repeatedly.