Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: why doesn't nobama just come clean  (Read 4635 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
why doesn't nobama just come clean
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:28:52 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

BORN IN THE USA?
Obama law tab up to $1.7 million
'Grassroots army' contributions used to crush eligibility lawsuits?

Posted: October 27, 2009
8:42 pm Eastern
  President Obama he has paid nearly $1.7 million to his top eligibility lawyer since the election.
Obama for America, Obama's 2008 political campaign, merged with the Democratic National Committee in January and is now known as Organizing for America. The grassroots army that some refer to as "Obama 2.0" is still collecting financial contributions
Federal Election Commission records for "Obama for America" show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,666,397.01 since the 2008 election.
The most recent sum, $314,018.06, was listed in Obama for America's October Quarterly report filed with the FEC.

FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2009 October quarterly report (covers July 1, 2009, to Sept. 30, 2009)
As WND reported in August, FEC records also show the following payments made to the law firm from Oct. 16, 2008, to June 30, 2009:   

FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2009 July quarterly report (covers April 1, 2009, to June 30, 2009)

FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2009 April quarterly report (covers Jan. 1, 2009, to March 31, 2009)

FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2009 April quarterly report (covers Jan. 1, 2009, to March 31, 2009)
FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2008 year-end report (covers Nov. 25, 2008, to Dec. 31, 2008)

FEC record for payment to Perkins Coie, 2008 post-general election report  (covers Oct 16,  2008, to Nov. 24, 2008)
The FEC shows Obama's campaign has made regular payments to Perkins Coie since Jan. 1, 2007 Ė the month he formed a presidential exploratory committee and only weeks before he formally announced his candidacy for president.
In total, Obama has paid Perkins Coie, a single law firm, $2.6 million since he announced his campaign for presidency. By contrast, a cumulative total of all of Sen. John McCain's legal consulting fees, from Jan. 1, 2007, to October 2009, amounts to $1.6 million.
As WND reported, Robert Bauer of Perkins Coie Ė top lawyer for Obama, Obama's presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee and Obama's Organizing for America Ė is the same Washington, D.C., lawyer who defended !President Obama in lawsuits challenging his eligibility to be president.
WND also reported that Bauer sent a letter to plaintiff Gregory Hollister, a retired Air Force colonel, of Hollister v. Soetoro, threatening sanctions if he didn't withdraw his appeal of the eligibility case that earlier was tossed by a district judge because the issue already had been "twittered."
Bauer's warning was dated April 3 and delivered via letter to the plaintiff's attorney, John D. Hemenway. It is not the first such warning issued. Lawyers trying to kill a similar California lawsuit filed on behalf of Ambassador Alan Keyes also said they would seek sanctions against the plaintiff's attorneys in that case unless they left the issue of the president's eligibility alone.
"For the reasons stated in Judge Robertson's ruling, the suit is frivolous and should not be pursued," Bauer's letter warned. "Should you decline to withdraw this frivolous appeal, please be informed that we intend to pursue sanctions, including costs, expenses and attorneys' fees, pursuant to Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 38 and D.C. Circuit Rule 38."
Bauer also represented Obama and the DNC in Philip Berg's eligibility lawsuit and various other legal challenges. The White House has not responded to WND's request for comment on the legal fees.
As WND recently reported, Bauer is married to Anita Dunn, the White House communications director who has blasted Fox as an arm of the Republican Party and talked about "controlling" the news media.
Bauer, a Democratic Party partisan, has a long history of defending Democratic Party presidential hopefuls.
A biography for Bauer posted on the Perkins Coie website indicates he was general counsel to the Democratic National Committee during the presidential campaign of Sen. John Kerry and that he served as counsel to Sen. Tom Daschle, the Democratic leader in the impeachment trial proceedings of President Bill Clinton.
During the 2008 presidential campaign, Bauer functioned as an "attack lawyer," threatening with FEC complaints groups wanting to run anti-Obama television ads.
Also during the 2008 presidential campaign, Bauer as counsel for the Obama campaign wrote letters to television station managers and to Department of Justice Assistant Attorney General John Keeney arguing that airing an anti-Obama ad pointing to the known association between Obama and Weather Underground radical Bill Ayers would violate federal election rules.
Also during the 2008 campaign, Bauer intervened on behalf of Obama to block the California-based American Leadership Project from running a television ad campaign over support from unions, including the Service Employees International Union.
Again, Bauer filed a complaint with the FEC alleging that the union-funded television campaign the American Leadership Project planned to run in Indiana against Obama was illegal under federal election laws.
In addition to representing Obama on eligibility cases, Bauer also is hired as legal counsel to represent the president in the criminal probe going on into the activities of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Perkins Coie serves high-profile clients such as Microsoft, Amazon and Starbucks. Perkins Coie also represents the House and Senate Democratic campaign arms. In 2006, the firm also represented Salim Ahmed Hamdan, Osama bin Laden's alleged bodyguard and driver.
The FEC allows elected officials to use campaign funds to pay legal fees only if the action/investigations arise as a result of their tenure in office or campaigns, according to Politico.
An FEC report also reveals Obama For America also paid $6,365 in legal fees to Olaker, Biden & Belair, a firm founded by Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=114202

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: why doesn't nobama just come clean
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:07:49 AM »
lol

this shit again?

You just don't have ANYTHING else to do do you?  You need a hobby or something friend...

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 04:23:49 AM »
Further proof that this person has no concept of truth, reason or rationality.

"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
U.S. defense bill would pay Taliban to switch sides
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
Obama signed a bill allocating 1.5 BILLION US dollars to pay Taliban fighters to stop killing us and join us. I have to say ahead of time this is a time bomb waiting to go off. It puts our enemy closer to us and I dont believe they will ever stop. WASTE OF MONEY. Execute them all is the only way in MY opinion

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:38:32 AM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) Ė  The defense bill President Barack Obama will sign into law on Wednesday contains a new provision that would pay Taliban fighters who renounce the insurgency, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin said on Tuesday.
 The provision establishes a program in Afghanistan similar to one used in Iraq where former fighters were re-integrated into Iraqi society, Levin told Reuters.
 Obama plans to sign the bill authorizing Pentagon operations for fiscal 2010 on Wednesday, the White House said.
 Reaching out to moderate Taliban members is part of the Obama administration's plan to turn around the eight-year war in Afghanistan. Levin also has advocated trying to convince Taliban fighters to change sides by luring them with jobs and amnesty for past attacks.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »
explain why nobama is spending millions for "supposedly" nothing? if he has nothing to hide and is in fact a natural born citizen, why doesn't he prove it, instead of spending millions to say nothing?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
yeah , that's a smart move. buy off the enemy.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
explain why nobama is spending millions for "supposedly" nothing? if he has nothing to hide and is in fact a natural born citizen, why doesn't he prove it, instead of spending millions to say nothing?
he has proven it

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
Just shaking my head...........Sigh

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
It has been proven but the birthers wonít believe it. It has been deemed a frivolous lawsuit that should be the end of it, but nooo people have to keep beating a dead horse. So he has to keep paying a lawyer to represent him.
Bush bought off the enemy as well. Once the pro Bush people realize that Obama is Bush lite they will feel better. They wonít but they should.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) Ė  The defense bill President Barack Obama will sign into law on Wednesday contains a new provision that would pay Taliban fighters who renounce the insurgency, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin said on Tuesday.
 The provision establishes a program in Afghanistan similar to one used in Iraq where former fighters were re-integrated into Iraqi society, Levin told Reuters.
 Obama plans to sign the bill authorizing Pentagon operations for fiscal 2010 on Wednesday, the White House said.
 Reaching out to moderate Taliban members is part of the Obama administration's plan to turn around the eight-year war in Afghanistan. Levin also has advocated trying to convince Taliban fighters to change sides by luring them with jobs and amnesty for past attacks.
The Taliban will simply take the money and buy better weapons with which to kill Americans.  They are MUSLIMS!  They hate us kaffirs!  They cannot be bought off.  They have committed to wage jihad against all of Dar al Harb until the whole world is Islamasized. The only way to beat them is to kill them before they kill us!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
I agree with you ex-ed I think itís a dumb move as well.  Thought it was dumb idea in Iraq too. Iím for killing all of them. I would also say that any Muslim or anyone else living in the USA that gets caught plotting against the US be giving a trial then taken out back and shot. I donít care if a person is Muslim as long as they are not radical about it.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »
The government feels much the same way about many of us.  Read the MIAC and DHS reports on domestic terrorism.  No mention made of muslims there at all.  That would be racist don't you know?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »
It has not been proven. why else would nobama keep spending money on lawyers than?

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
I guess it was OK when Bush did it in Iraq though right?
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »
The Taliban will simply take the money and buy better weapons with which to kill Americans.  They are MUSLIMS!  They hate us kaffirs!  They cannot be bought off.  They have committed to wage jihad against all of Dar al Harb until the whole world is Islamasized. The only way to beat them is to kill them before they kill us!
So true ex_ed Killing is the only way.
How do you fight an enemy that will put a bomb on there wives and children and send them into a crowd
to kill hundreds of there own people just to kill a few non muslims.
YOU KILL EVERYONE OF THEM.........END THE BLOODLINE AND BURY THEM ALL WITH PIGS.
This will come down to a nuclear war sooner or later
if we don't stop them now, It will become survial of the strongest not the weak.
 ***** JMO
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
Hmmm...

and these are the self proclaimed Christians of the Religious section...

LO freaking L.

What a joke.

Offline shadylane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 10:56:52 PM »

The few Muslims I have met were nice people. But there are extremist Muslims that think "The only way to beat them is to kill them before they kill us!" Don't you feel it's rather immoral to wish to kill 1.5 billion men, women and children, just because of their religion? Or were you just repeating the Neo-Con/Taliban line of hatred that is all to common these days.
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 12:53:10 PM »
the iraqi's were iraqi's. they had a stake in the outcome for their country. the taliban isn't just in afghanistan,they are also from pakistan. many don't have a stake in the success of their country. they would simply take the money &  buy more/newer weapons.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »
I don't like the muslim extremist either but some of you are sounding rather extreme yourselves.  I don't like killing just for killing sake.  Just because you are a certain religion, sexual preference, race.  I don't think it is right when the muslims say it and I don't think it is right when other people say it.  It just sounds wrong.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:44 PM »
I would rather see 1000 dead Muslim extremists dead then 1 American.
Right or wrong that is the truth. If they donít want US to feel that way then they need to quit. We didnít have Christian extremists fly into building in their country. When you turn on the news you donít see large groups of Americans in the streets shooting guns and yelling death to Middle Easterns. I know people that are muslim and they are nice people however I can honestly say if a time comes to pick between whatís right and their religion Iím not sure that I would trust them. You donít hear a lot them speaking out against the extremist. There are a few.  I am all for live and let live but when there are others that donít and want to kill me and all the others because of my nationality then I can say without a guilty conscience kill them before they kill us.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »
exactly, chas

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 03:53:16 PM »
I agree, I'm just saying, when you espouse on a public board that "all" muslims should be killed, it sounds bad and makes us no bettter than the people running in their streets yelling to kill all Americans.  You are advocating hatred.  I would like to see those people who blew up a shopping malll killing 100 of their own people lined up and shot.  I would like to see the people who have killed our American soldiers lined up and shot or worse, blown up but I would draw the line at saying "all" muslims should be killed.

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »
Hmmm...

and these are the self proclaimed Christians of the Religious section...

LO freaking L.

What a joke.

There's nothing immoral or illegal about defending onself or one's family or nation.  I suppose you'd roll over and convert if the Muslims gave you the choice of convert or die?
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »

The few Muslims I have met were nice people. But there are extremist Muslims that think "The only way to beat them is to kill them before they kill us!" Don't you feel it's rather immoral to wish to kill 1.5 billion men, women and children, just because of their religion? Or were you just repeating the Neo-Con/Taliban line of hatred that is all to common these days.

If only one percent of those 1.5 billion Muslims are actively involved in jihad against the non-muslim world, that's 15 million jihadis with murder on their minds.  That's 10 times more jihadis than America has men and women in uniform right now.  And that's not counting the muslims who are actively involved in undermining our Constitution, our way of government, our heritage and our laws through diplomatic and political means.  If that's OK with you, you are part of the problem.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »
I would definately defend myself and my children against ANYONE who was out to harm them.  I am terribly concerned about people trying to change the way our country operates, changing laws is not always bad, if they never changed any laws, including Constitutional Amendments, then we would certainly be in a bad place.  For instance, women voting, blacks voting, interracial marriages, equal rights.  Laws have to be changed that's why the writers of the Constitution made it possible to do.  I will come right out and say though, that I am concerned about the law makers now.  I'm not sure they have America and her citizens' best interest at heart. 

Offline ex-ed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
... I am concerned about the law makers now.  I'm not sure they have America and her citizens' best interest at heart.

I am not sure ... you say?  I'M POSITIVE that the current administration and the Democrat-controlled Congress do NOT have our nation's best interest at heart!  They are trying their best to turn the US into a third-class, third world Caribbean dictatorship for their own best interests, and we will all pay the price if we allow them to control our future.
Practice saying "Heil, Obama!" please, yeah, with your hand raised out front like that ... good little brownshirts ...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Agree Ex-Ed.  IAW, I agree with you as far as defense of self and loved ones.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 07:06:55 PM »
So sad that so much hatred is built on so many lies fed to you by a propaganda machine concerned only with selling ad time.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut